If the Poe problem is that bad, would you leave a bad review for this game?

Prev1
Omnirhyze
167 posts Member
edited February 2016
I'm sure many people will agree with me that Poe has been a favorite discussion topic for many people here. I created this thread to have a good idea of how bad (or good) people are taking this, especially with the ability in the future to view the squads of your arena opponents.

Sure, making numerous threads about Poe will attract a lot of attention, but bad reviews are another, arguably better, way to bring about change. Is the Poe problem affecting you that bad, to the point that you'd be willing to leave a bad review for this game?
Ally code: 323-282-152. Member of TNR. The New Rebellion

If the Poe problem is that bad, would you leave a bad review for this game? 56 votes

Yes
28%
RheenGalvinecosmicturtle333TagichatnBoro_Smooth1Pure_PazaakTakMako482Lukeandrew11620EleiemHeisenHershBathensRaikireFlashbackcuyler41Galaxy_of_Poe 16 votes
No
71%
JJHJ7000Preemo_MaginVampire_Xd3gaussxJazzxBreetaijeremyj26BentWookieeHBu3NoDarthMasterShawnDrNoCoolStarSonCaspertricksBaalItscaptainphasmaAggropoxtjw_tjw14CaptSeaWalkerwalkyourpath 40 votes

Replies

• No
    Way to make a poll fit the results you want to see. :|
  • @BentWookie What do you mean? I added a "no" option.
  • No
    Omnirhyze wrote: »
    @BentWookie What do you mean? I added a "no" option.

The whole premise is that Poe is a problem, that is stated in the question asked.

Let me ask you, Have you ever been caught beating your significant other?

Yes or No?

• BentWookie wrote: »

The whole premise is that Poe is a problem, that is stated in the question asked.

Let me ask you, Have you ever been caught beating your significant other?

Yes or No?

No, because I haven't ever done that in the first place. If someone does not think Poe is a problem, they are free to state that in their reply and vote "No".
  • Yes
    @BentWookie
    Well that's because Poe is a problem. This is a fact.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    No

I just voted no. Nice objective poll you have going on here...
  • No
    Poe is not a problem. I faced 2 Poe teams in arena today, both times they went first, both times they lost.

Poe is an annoying frustration that forces lack of diversity in arena and now GW teams as evidenced by my run of 9/12 that had a purple Poe on last one.

Problem, no. Annoyance, Hindrance, Conformist creator, YES.
  • Poe is not a problem. I faced 2 Poe teams in arena today, both times they went first, both times they lost.

Poe is an annoying frustration that forces lack of diversity in arena and now GW teams as evidenced by my run of 9/12 that had a purple Poe on last one.

Problem, no. Annoyance, Hindrance, Conformist creator, YES.
    One would think that the three terms you used to describe Poe would make him a problem. Lol just kidding with you. Thanks for voting m'lord.

• No
    @BentWookie
    Well that's because Poe is a problem. This is a fact.

To you it is a fact because you sincerely believe that. I respect that. In the world I live in I face Poe daily and have managed to stay on top and beat him with a few different lineups, so he is not really a problem.

Therefore your "fact" is not my reality.

Your poll is myopic based on your view of the situation.

• Yes
    Cookie cutter teams are a problem. 'Conformist creators' are a problem. Who's Poe goes first is a problem. Damage being vastly superior to any other tactic is a problem.

The one dimensionality of this game is a problem.

The refusal or inability to fix the one dimensionality of this game is a problem.

I won't be writing a bad review because of Poe. I will be writing a bad review because you have to use cookie cutter teams or you will fail.
  • Yes
    I left a bad rating for this game on principle. Poe hasn't really affected my experience much at all.
    "Mockery: Oh, Master, I love you, but I hate all you stand for! But I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"
  • No
    Voted no because, it's stupid to ruin a games prospects because you don't like how the end result is.

After all this is just a game folks. Log off and get some fresh air if it's that serious to you.
  • Attention seeking much?.... Stupid poll.. Create something useful
  • Yes
    Nitric wrote: »
    Voted no because, it's stupid to ruin a games prospects because you don't like how the end result is.

Enlighten me what's the point of a review then?
  • Yes

After all this is just a game folks. Log off and get some fresh air if it's that serious to you.

The idea is that you save other people from grinding for two months just to find out that if they don't follow the cookie cutter team then they won't enjoy the game. And even if they do follow the cookie cutter team it will be boring because it's a bloody cookie cutter team.

You might save someone a lot of time, energy and money by being honest.
  • If that's true then just quit and let others enjoy Poemaggeddon.
  • No
    Hasn't it been stated that Poe is getting a nerf in the patch notes. This pole is not needed. One character should not significantly impact your gaming experience in SWGOH. If it does then you need to consider if you want to play this game at all.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    No
    If you leave a bad review do you also leave the game?

Cosmic it's an odd stance to take , I get it kinda but it's like saying your as bad for playing if you hate it and review it poorly due to it not being fun and yet you continue to play it

.....mind blown

Not trolling either it just lacks some common sense if it's not you just being toxic , could be wrong but we have tons of venting do it's not truely doing much to add to anything productive , right?
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • There is a lot of poetential in this thread, but the ego is too strong.
  • No
    **** off now to many nerfs all the time no one knows who to farm coz of there any good ppl will moan and moan and moan till there nerfed how about nerf Sid and lumi coz everyone uses them so they must be OP but u never see moaners moaning about them coz everyone's got them this game is becoming a moaners paradise they moan and the devs come running like servents it's pathetic! $159 for the force awaken pack now 3 of them are nerfed that's fraud if u buy something u expect to get what u payed for so there's 2 sides to this moaning and boring story that's dominating and ruining the game Poe ain't that bad but it's fashionable to cry nerf Poe now
  • cosmicturtle333
    5004 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Yes
    Vampire_X wrote: »
    If you leave a bad review do you also leave the game?

Cosmic it's an odd stance to take , I get it kinda but it's like saying your as bad for playing if you hate it and review it poorly due to it not being fun and yet you continue to play it

.....mind blown

Not trolling either it just lacks some common sense if it's not you just being toxic , could be wrong but we have tons of venting do it's not truely doing much to add to anything productive , right?

I'll write my review now.

2/5 stars

Ye be warned,

This game is a MASSIVE GRIND! It will take you months to reach the level cap and months to level up any new heroes you want to try out.

Due to poor decisions on the developers' part you will not succeed in this game unless you run the exact same squad as everyone else.

Progress is mind numbingly slow, what progress you do make is negligible due to the fact that you have to keep up with everyone else who is running the same cookie cutter team as you.

The only way you will have a variety of heroes to use is if you drop thousands of dollars on lottery packs. And even then you still have to use almost the exact same F2P squad as everyone else because of how broken this game is. If you think $50 might get you somewhere in this game you are wrong, either spend thousands or spend nothing.

This game had (and still has) a lot of potential, but until changes are made it will remain two stars for me.
  • Yes
    As far as whether or not I'll continue to play this game, I will.

If new events are announced I'll definitely stick around.

But if guild battles are still the same PVP system and that PVP system isn't fixed I'll leave the game. Until then I won't spend any more money on subscriptions.

Whoever came up with the foolish idea of revealing arena teams is responsible for making this game even more boring than it already is.

I said this in another thread, and I'll say it again now: If it wasn't for my guild I would have already quit.
  • No

The idea is that you save other people from grinding for two months just to find out that if they don't follow the cookie cutter team then they won't enjoy the game. And even if they do follow the cookie cutter team it will be boring because it's a bloody cookie cutter team.

You might save someone a lot of time, energy and money by being honest.

See I do not follow the cookie cutter team, mostly because I'm new to the game and F2P so I do not have the roster to do so (and no interest to grind to get into the bandwagon as the meta will evolve eventually anyway). It might be because I am not a high level enough yet, but Poe is not an issue in my case. Phasma is much more troublesome, Dooku that seems to have infinite bonus attacks against me is, People who resist my Syd heal debuff or my Lumi ability block on taunt are more of an issue... and you know what? It's all part of the game and I like it. Slowly, I farm characters that are not necessarily the best, but are good enough for me to have fun. Then, once I have enough, I'll start exploring some synergies and be creative.

This game has plenty of modes. My favourite is GW. While I get that ignoring arena is not advisable, it doesn't need to be your main experience.

Anyway, my 2 cents, which is not worth much as, like I said, I'm still a recent player.
  • Yes
    @Johnnyudes
    Anyway, my 2 cents, which is not worth much as, like I said, I'm still a recent player.

No offense, but that is correct.

I'm level 69 now, ranking sub 100 and I'm just starting to see Poe teams come into play.

Sid and Lumi are the most cookie cutter teams around, so I don't see where you got that perception from.

Anyone without Poe will be targeted in Arena. It's as simple as that.
  • No
    Don't care I don't use Poe.
  • No
    @Johnnyudes

No offense, but that is correct.

I'm level 69 now, ranking sub 100 and I'm just starting to see Poe teams come into play.

Sid and Lumi are the most cookie cutter teams around, so I don't see where you got that perception from.

Anyone without Poe will be targeted in Arena. It's as simple as that.

Fair enough, I'll cross the bridge when I get there. Hopefully the meta will have changed by that time.

As for Sid and Lumi, I feel it's more due to a lack of cool toons in GW and arena shipments. If we had more choice of iconic characters in there, we would maybe see more diversity?
  • No
    Cookie cutter teams are a problem. 'Conformist creators' are a problem. Who's Poe goes first is a problem. Damage being vastly superior to any other tactic is a problem.

The one dimensionality of this game is a problem.

The refusal or inability to fix the one dimensionality of this game is a problem.

I won't be writing a bad review because of Poe. I will be writing a bad review because you have to use cookie cutter teams or you will fail.

Passes you a tissue*

Sorry had to.

Please whose Poe goes first is garbage. I had horrific RNG today my Poe went 2nd 7 times I won 5 of them so your fact is simply clouded by your lack of vision.

Cookie cutter teams are the only way not to fail? Again garbage. PM me I'll happily give you multiple teams not using Poe that can beat a Poe team.

Ok I'm sorry everyone I have to say this. I'm 35 years old and so many act like spoiled, entitled, whiny children here. I will tell you what I was told growing up. If you don't like the game take your ball and go home. Stop ruining it for everyone else by complaining over and over about the same thing. It was this insane complaining that caused a nerf on a toon that I, and many paid money to get. Poe was free, is farmable. Barriss at the time was cash for her. Farm him and use him or develop strategy against him without using him. Just for the love of all that is holy stop the bloody whining we get it you don't like him. He is here, if you do not like it take your ball and go home.

No offense to the OP you are good peeps and I know why you made the poll.

• Yes
    @Johnnyudes
    There is no 'crossing that bridge when you get there'. Either you start farming Poe ASAP or lose.
  • No
    @Johnnyudes
    There is no 'crossing that bridge when you get there'. Either you start farming Poe ASAP or lose.

But that is the thing, losing at what? Yes I will not be number 1-80 in Arena, but I will still be able to play in GW, Events, Daily Challenges, Normal missions, etc. For me, arena is not where the fun is at the moment, it's just a mean to get some crystals in the hope of unlocking some characters through it.

As you said, with more experience in the game I would probably if not surely consider this issue differently, but for the moment I feel way more need for Old Daka or QGJ than Poe, for example. I'll probably hit a wall if the meta doesn't change, but usually this is constantly evolving.

But I do get the frustration for some people who have been playing for a while and see everyone just playing the same team and the game stagnating.
  • Yes
    @DarthMasterShawn
    I'm not angry about Poe. Before yesterday I had never, ever said any hero was OP. But due to the skirt lifting in Arena now anyone who doesn't have Poe will be targeted.

It doesn't matter how good your offense is. It doesn't matter if you win all five fights every day against Poe teams. You will be attacked way, way more than five times a day. There will be a massive target on your head the second the update launches.

I don't care 'whose Poe goes first' because I don't have Poe.

I care about the fact that anyone who doesn't have Poe will either have to get him or suffer the consequences.

I've whined more in the past few hours than I have for the entire time I've been on this forum, I hate whining. But this change to Arena has taken a flawed system and made it worse. Something has to be done about this.