Galactic War - Post ALL Comments Here ***MEGATHREAD*** (GW Threads all Merged here)

Replies

• Kyleslater wrote: »
    thelebk wrote: »
    Great Post! I'll focus on character development and not expect any GW wins for a while. IMHO the game would be a bit more fun and addictive if the player always had about a 33% chance to win GW starting at level 40 when is unlocks, and staying constant through the upgrade cycle. In the current scenario I am concerned that the reward for beating it may be inadequate.

Looks like you've nailed it there. Squad depth is what to aim for, and although it does take a long time, it will pay off eventually.

I've been playing for 9 months now and I had a huge spell (from say 3 months to 6~7 months) where even getting to attempt node 12 was an achievement. Then, as those 3rd and 4th viable teams began to take shape, I started winning again. I think I've failed to beat GW twice in the last 12 weeks, and I'm happy to admit that if I hadn't been a tool and hit auto instead of retreat I would probably have won those two as well.

There is a valid point underlying this, though. Surely months of failure before eventual success can't be what the devs intended when they designed GW?

From what I have seen of the DEVs public comments GW was deigned to be tough but not unbeatable. Players are not supposed to able to win every day. They did not preface this by stating there was a large barrier to entry of several months, or that you need certain characters, certain levels, or certain gear. Unfortunately it seems much of the latter is true.

I don't mind not winning every day. I mind never winning. I haven't beat node 11 in 2 months and node 12 is about 6.

It's clearly a problem of roster. You're level 85 (so I think your GW is also not easier as before because of that) and your best toons are Wiggs are Jedis. You also don't have the best ones (JKA, Aayla, IGD that I often use in GW). As stated above, try to get Palp, life is much easier with him in GW.

Thanks to EP, I'm lucky to complete GW everyday for 3-4 weeks now and GW 12 are sometimes no easy.
  • Today I faced a Zader team with EP, RG, TFP, and Rey? Probably not the best Zader team out there but as I do not have a single zeta this posed a big challenge. I switched to a rebel team with no TM, they were fresh off the bench, and put my Boba in with them. I killed Vader and watched as my rebels then were pulverized by EP and TFP. Then I put in my EP, Vader, Maul, Kylo, and Rey team in play and watched as they ruined the node.

All that to say, if you encounter a team that you don't think your A team will beat, use your B team to take out the leader and anyone else you can. Then your A team will mop up after if as the leader bonus is no longer active. That is the single most useful piece of GW advice I had ever gotten and since learning it I haven't failed to complete GW.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    spotremix wrote: »
    i haven't lost galaxy war in so long i can't remember. i have zero zeta's ad well.

Give it time - I've hit a wall again in GW.

Last node today was:

General Kenobi (L)
    Chirrut
    Baze
    Kylo
    Barris (with zeta unique heal)
    Overal power of the team was over 52k

I had a full sith team (with EP lead & vader, Kylo, maul & sidious),
    Jedi Team (Ani lead, QGJ, Yoda, Ahsoka & Mace)
    3rd team(Phasma lead, Leia, RG, Daka & Ventress)

Got totally annihilated - barely made a dent - did some damage on their protection but that was it due to constant taunts and barris' heal.

Where is the strategy in this game????
  • phatphil3 wrote: »
    Today I faced a Zader team with EP, RG, TFP, and Rey? Probably not the best Zader team out there but as I do not have a single zeta this posed a big challenge. I switched to a rebel team with no TM, they were fresh off the bench, and put my Boba in with them. I killed Vader and watched as my rebels then were pulverized by EP and TFP. Then I put in my EP, Vader, Maul, Kylo, and Rey team in play and watched as they ruined the node.

All that to say, if you encounter a team that you don't think your A team will beat, use your B team to take out the leader and anyone else you can. Then your A team will mop up after if as the leader bonus is no longer active. That is the single most useful piece of GW advice I had ever gotten and since learning it I haven't failed to complete GW.

I faced an easy team with an Ackbar Lead and JC got two turns after he healed and I had Ackbar out of the picture by then. Clearly his leader bonus still triggered after he was dead.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    GW woes of a new player:

I have played SWGOH for a month now. I am level 56 and have spent approximately $400.00 on the game to date. I have an average arena team, light team, and dark team. I am confused by the developers stated intent that GW should be hard, but winnable. In my mind that equates to being able to win at least 20% of the time.

I tend to be fairly skilled at these types of games, but I must confess I cannot win a GW. In fact I submit, with my current stable of characters and the scaling difficulty algorithm it is mathematically virtually impossible for me to win (about 1/1000 chance even when retreating, rotating characters, etc.) This does not seem to be in line with the developers intent.

I typically hit three nodes where the opposition is at least three levels higher, 1-2 stars higher, and 1-2 gear levels higher, plus mods. If I engage these teams with my alpha squad it will be destroyed and I do not have a viable second or third squad. It would not matter if my turn meters were all full and theirs were all empty at the start of the fight-- I would still be wiped out. I can get past the first such node using trash squads to weaken the enemy and deplete their cool downs before I deploy my alpha. The last two nodes are completely out of reach.

I am further frustrated by the fact that all of the GW how to win videos are about six months out of date, and are all filmed by players who are level 85 with 100% max star and max gear squads using highly specific characters relatively new players will not have. There is not a single video or guide that I can find anywhere showing how a 4-5 star team, at Gear Level VI, with level 50 characters can win a GW.

This is upsetting, as the GW feature is the thing I find most interesting about them game. Any suggestions as to how a player with my characters and gear could win a GW would be appreciated, but I suspect there is no solution. I have images of my character stable but do not see a way to add the files to this post.

I hear you - I have been playing since October 2015.

I am level 85 (90% of my deep roster is 7*, lvl 85 and gear ranging from 9-11 with mods and maxed abilities, except zettas).

I have approximately 8 teams I use for GW. I had 3 full teaems for the last node today (my best teams) and was pulverized by a team consisting of:

General Kenobi (L)
    Chirrut
    Baze
    Kylo

There is no strategy to winning a GW. The more you grow your roster and level & gear your toons, the harder it gets. It's like making a donkey walk by hanging a carrot over its head.

GW has been broken for a long time and the Developers refuse to lsten to the player base stating that it is "working as intended".

Just look how many posts are on this topic - its a BIG joke, and one that is not in the slightest funny.
  • phatphil3 wrote: »
    Today I faced a Zader team with EP, RG, TFP, and Rey? Probably not the best Zader team out there but as I do not have a single zeta this posed a big challenge. I switched to a rebel team with no TM, they were fresh off the bench, and put my Boba in with them. I killed Vader and watched as my rebels then were pulverized by EP and TFP. Then I put in my EP, Vader, Maul, Kylo, and Rey team in play and watched as they ruined the node.

I faced an easy team with an Ackbar Lead and JC got two turns after he healed and I had Ackbar out of the picture by then. Clearly his leader bonus still triggered after he was dead.

My strategy is based on you needing a second team to beat the node. For example, B team dies while fighting and 3 toons are left with no leader, your A team has to face those 3 toons with no leader ability on them
  • Billcarson66
    852 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Maybe the leader ability sticks around during the current battle, but if your team is wiped and you bring in a new team after killing their leader, his ability disappears. In my fight, Akbar's persisted after I killed him. If I know my whole squad is gonna be wiped, I try to wreck protection/kill their most dangerous toon at least. I've never focused on the leader because I thought his abilty persisted in galactic war since on the opponents end, each battle is technically a 1 of 1. Perhaps I'm wrong, but Phasma's has also persisted after I've killed her too.
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    i just wanna scream like jesse pinkman yeaaah b********! more credits and ship credits and more shards as reward! thank you! now let the complaints begin....
  • Haven't lost a GW for monthes either because I built a large roster of toons instead of rushing a team at level 85. None of my toons are level 85 actually, 81 at most. I try to level my toon together, one level at a time. It's long. It's expensive but it works. Once I get my toons to level 85 I expect to hit a wall too though. There are monsters in these waters...

It also helps that my A team is a stun team: Daka, RG, EP to stun member of the other teams, Phasma(L) and Rey to break some bones. My stunners are modded for potency in order to increase chances of stun. Most of the time my A team can deal with a GW session all alone. Just in case I usually play one of the early matches with my rebel team in order to build turn meter. This is the suicide squad team I sometime use to kill an annoying toon in node 11 or 12 (Yoda for instance as he is the main threat to my stun team).
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Well, rewards will be improved with this last update!! I've always said, even when i couldn't win GW, "at least pay us better for that chore!" ... Finally!
  • I'm facing a General Kenobi lead team with Barriss, Fives, Ayala, and B2 in the final node. I killed B2, but when I go in a new round to face the other four, they are quite literally impossible to kill. I had Kenobi to 75% health. Now when I hit him, he GAINS health. HOW? All others seem to also be impervious to Droids, Jedi, Resistance, etc.

This must be a bug, right????? Right?????

Otherwise, EA, you should be embarrassed by such a poor representation of the Star Wars franchise. You're great at taking money in and generating nonsense like this. Pull it together and fix this.

I post here when I'm so frustrated I don't see any other choice. Seriously, just fix GW. I'm tired of this continuing to be an issue. It should be difficult, not literally impossible.
  • bstngs wrote: »
    I'm facing a General Kenobi lead team with Barriss, Fives, Ayala, and B2 in the final node. I killed B2, but when I go in a new round to face the other four, they are quite literally impossible to kill. I had Kenobi to 75% health. Now when I hit him, he GAINS health. HOW? All others seem to also be impervious to Droids, Jedi, Resistance, etc.

This must be a bug, right????? Right?????

Otherwise, EA, you should be embarrassed by such a poor representation of the Star Wars franchise. You're great at taking money in and generating nonsense like this. Pull it together and fix this.

I post here when I'm so frustrated I don't see any other choice. Seriously, just fix GW. I'm tired of this continuing to be an issue. It should be difficult, not literally impossible.

Barris skill my friend, makes the toon gain health everytime he gets crit hit.... Only think i can think it could explain that
  • Maybe the leader ability sticks around during the current battle, but if your team is wiped and you bring in a new team after killing their leader, his ability disappears. In my fight, Akbar's persisted after I killed him. If I know my whole squad is gonna be wiped, I try to wreck protection/kill their most dangerous toon at least. I've never focused on the leader because I thought his abilty persisted in galactic war since on the opponents end, each battle is technically a 1 of 1. Perhaps I'm wrong, but Phasma's has also persisted after I've killed her too.

Exactly, it will persist after death but not into the next battle. The same goes for your leader ability, if your leader dies you continue to get their leader bonus for that battle.
  • Drepd
    130 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    I don't mind losing once in a while but some of these draws are just impossible.

I'm lvl 74 and I pulled:
    lvl 85 7* Palpatine, gear lvl 10, all skills maxed, all 5* mods
    lvl 85 7* Royal Guard, gear lvl 10, all skills maxed, all 5* mods
    lvl 85 7* Storm Han, gear lvl 10, all skills maxed, all 5* mods
    lvl 85 7* Biggs, gear lvl 11, all skill maxed, all 5* mods
    lvl 85 7* Wedge, gear lvl 10, all skills maxed, all 5* mods

there is no way in hell anyone lvl 74 is beating this. No matter how much depth you have yet.
  • with the new toon, it is much harder to win.
    Too much new, better toons for ftp.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    So it is great how great you all are at beating it every day. It seems your the majority of posters. Be aware some of us cannot beat it. After a while it becomes very tilting. your mocking them does not help.

I myself have beaten it only two times my whole career. I do not complain because i focused on nightsisters who are pathetic and have almost no point in the game. I get why i lose so no whining. But take it easy on the ones who do not, no reason to chase possiblespenders
  • Since your opponents in GW is based on a ratio of your max arena power and their power, power needs to be recalculated to include zeta abilities and stats like speed. Basically, a zeta'ed ability should contribute a lot of power rating and so should speed. This will increase the power ratings of zeta'ed and speedy characters which will prevent them from appearing as opponents in GW to much weaker teams. This will normalize GW where the last nodes will be difficult but not impossible.
  • Give it time - I've hit a wall again in GW.

Last node today was:

General Kenobi (L)
    Chirrut
    Baze
    Kylo

I had a full sith team (with EP lead & vader, Kylo, maul & sidious),
    Jedi Team (Ani lead, QGJ, Yoda, Ahsoka & Mace)
    3rd team(Phasma lead, Leia, RG, Daka & Ventress)

Got totally annihilated - barely made a dent - did some damage on their protection but that was it due to constant taunts and barris' heal.

Where is the strategy in this game????[/quote]

I went up against the same team today and had no chance. Had my 4 best teams available (7*, 85 level, maxed abilities & mods, gear 9 to 11) with good TM from previous nodes. There's no strategy if that can't work.
  • Well my win streak is over today and I realize you win some and you lose some in galactic war. My question is...I'm on a Jan '17 shard and I just faced a node 11 Ep. How is it possible that anyone in my shard had the Emporer yet?

I read that the GW teams are dynamically generated by the AI and are not necessarily real teams at all.
  • Kyleslater wrote: »
    I don't mind not winning every day. I mind never winning. I haven't beat node 11 in 2 months and node 12 is about 6.

You desperately need to gear up Palpatine, and get that 7th star. Then get that droid team up. With Jedi, Rebels, Empire, Droids, Scoundrels, and Clones, you should be able to persevere. Palpatine helps a ton.

Thanks to your advice Even and that of others I just won a GW! I am gaming the system by not increasing power on my top 5 while working madly on characters 6+ to have more equivalent swap teams. Just put Nihlis in charge of my SIth B team... thats how I got the win! How do you think I should MOD Nihlus? I feel he is the iconic Sith and my favorite villain from KOTOR.
  • This team here just wiped out my A team.
    01bd6ba095801c30547d5cc8d4d67d817fe2074b69.jpg

Mine are all 7* lvl85 and gear 9 to 11. Yet a team with a 3* toon can wipe me out? That's crazy. Toons need to be more balanced. Chaze, or whatever we're calling them, are more OP than Wiggs. Add in GK and it's game over.

Mine are all 7* lvl85 and gear 9 to 11. Yet a team with a 3* toon can wipe me out? That's crazy. Toons need to be more balanced. Chaze, or whatever we're calling them, are more OP than Wiggs. Add in GK and it's game over.

I can't stress this enough, this is the kind of thing that makes people quite. I would have long ago if this wasn't Star Wars. This team isn't a challenge, it's literally impossible for me to beat. No matter how many teams I throw at these guys, and I have a lot of strong teams, I will get nowhere.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    just fought a node 11 with QGJ (L), Yoda, Kenobi, Ashoka, Aayla. QGJ had his zeta. I got up to the battle with no deaths using different teams to conserve protection. After a few tries of my main squad with them wrecking me I just gave up and reset. Too frustrating with tenacity, and foresight being swapped around like crazy lol. First time in about 2 weeks I wasn't able to complete GW. Can't win them all.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    So it is great how great you all are at beating it every day. It seems your the majority of posters. Be aware some of us cannot beat it. After a while it becomes very tilting. your mocking them does not help.

I myself have beaten it only two times my whole career. I do not complain because i focused on nightsisters who are pathetic and have almost no point in the game. I get why i lose so no whining. But take it easy on the ones who do not, no reason to chase possiblespenders

Unfortunately, this is the internet, and a competitive game. Being a **** to those that can't accomplish what you can makes people feel superior and better about themselves. It is sadly very common in human nature.

I can't stress this enough, this is the kind of thing that makes people quite. I would have long ago if this wasn't Star Wars. This team isn't a challenge, it's literally impossible for me to beat. No matter how many teams I throw at these guys, and I have a lot of strong teams, I will get nowhere.

That is a tough pull. I agree likely impossible if you are not a whale.
  • Yesterday, I fought on GW12 a full R1 team, all 7* gr 11. I thought I'll never beat them since my A team was already well underway. Finally, I could get rid of some protections with this team, and I needed 5 or 6 teams to get rid of the whole R1. First time I met Jyn and Cassian also.

The only team that I couldn't beat those days was a GK + Zariss, Fives and Chaze.

• strategy for galactic war ?

go into war with 6* or less characters and EACH time by the 3rd wave in GW i hit buzz saw teams of all 7* 71-73 lvl characters and get wiped out ..

game logic engine still seems wonky and doesn't balance teams at all ?

• Chewie_says_Aaarww
    753 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Try to focus on 5 arena characters which do good on GW too.

Don't upgrade anyone else until you can complete GW. Definitely do not spread out your resources too thin.
    SWGOH.gg profile - Our guild, 3720 to 1, has 1 spot open! [49/50].
  • Need some more info to help. I clear GW daily with few issues, playing since December 2015.

What team(s) are you currently using for GW? Who are you farming shards for? Who are you farming gear for? And what level are you?

In case you didn't know, level and star rating don't mater nearly as much as gear level... assuming you're using decent, non-starter toons, that is. If you don't know where else to begin, I'd recommend getting to at least gear level 8 for where you are in the game.