Barrok wrote: »
    Camalus wrote: »
    Camalus wrote: »
    Mr_Eel wrote: »
    Mr_Eel wrote: »
    Phasma triggering extra attacks on specials is what made her useful as a leader. Now Sidious will be a better leader option in every circumstance. Would not have wasted the GW crystals if I had known this was coming. The rest of it seems pretty good.

Seriously? Her attacks on specials, which aren't even part of her description, are what made her useful? Not the AOE + speed down, or the team speed up + advantage? Also, not the extra attacks on ATTACKS?

let's read the description: "Whenever an ally attacks, they have a 18% chance to call a random ally to Assist, dealing 15% less damage. This chance is doubled if the attacking ally is First Order."

Ally attacks... when she uses Victory March, how is that an attack?

You didn't waste any GW crystals. She is still great and falls in line now with her description (and original intent), much like Asajj.

She's now a mediocre support dps with less net leader damage than Sidious, who will also require Poe on the team for her specials to get down quickly enough to be meaningful. Like Asajj, her error is what made her stand out. I'll of course test her before I throw her away, but I feel running Poggle-Poe-Droid is now the better option than my Phasma AoE team. It was Poe's turn meter that was making Phasma overpowered. She needed no adjustment, Poe's taunt did.

Look at your team and determine how many of them have non attack moves. If you are running a typical FO setup, you probably don't have any other characters that have non attack moves. Maybe Daka's revive/heal.

Now, let's say you have both of those. 1 in 3 games your Captain would call in an ally, and 1 in 5 or 6 games, it would call in an ally on Daka. So, you are considering captain wasted because of a 1/3 and 1/6 chance to use her abilities? That seems like an overreaction.

The only FO toon without non attack moves is Tie Pilot.

Kylo doesn't. You probably aren't running storm trooper either...and maybe not even tie pilot if you haven't spend some money farming/buying packs. So I am assuming that the individual isn't using a full FO team, but without them telling me their team I can only guess.

I have the entire first order team, so seek first to understand then to be understood ya? What is going to suck is that every other team is going to have speedier toons, heals taunts and debuffs whereas this team has none of that. So nerfing Phasmas leader ability really hurts the team.

I was referring to the person I was talking to originally, @mr_eel. You only recently came into the picture.

I have no idea what that person's team was like, I was assuming not all FO.

Also, if you are running all FO and using all their Non-attacks, you deserve to lose. You need to be able to actually attack the opponent to win, and now that her ability was FIXED, it will be even more important to be attacking.

Lastly, look at my math above. Only 1 in 3 uses of a non-attacking ability from an FO character would cause an attack. This attack did less damage. If this is what you were relying on to win, then I can't help but think your team needs to be stronger or you need to change your approach.

You don't even know the first order teams mechanics, All of the non attacking options are turn meter and advantage, which you need to use to win obviously.

I understand the first order mechanics... but I also understand the game mechanics.. and you have to attack and do damage. Also, why would you use First order stormtrooper, let alone why would you use his non attack ability? The guy already is bad, so you should be attacking.

So if your turn went like this... FO officer - non attack, Captain phasma, non attack, Storm trooper non attack, that leaves only tie pilot and kylo to attack. That sure isn't going to take down any teams.

Now, of course if somehow you were getting lucky and always calling in FO Tie Pilot, then ya, I could see how this update would tick you off, because that's a lot of damage you are giving up. But, the description clearly states and attack, and giving your team turn meter is not an attack.

Just stop already, you don't know anything, you wouldn't use Stormtrooper non attack then phasmas caused its the same thing, less defense up for 2 rounds on himself. Then you got First order officer granting another 70% turnmeter with added penetration, why wouldn't you use that?

Pinning Shot -One of FO officers specials, does some of the highest damage in the game. You need to be killing people with him, since storm trooper and Phasma aren't the best damage dealers (and phasma you will be using her other abilities first, most likely).

I understand later in the game using FO's turn meter, but not at the beginning. And, by that time, if you don't have the game in your hands, a random lucky basic attack off the ability isn't going to win the game.

Well time will tell how much abuse I will take from other teams, There is something to be said about the fact that everybody has to deal with the nerf not just my team, but I am worried nonetheless. But its not supposed to be a lucky random chance its suppose to be 36% unless I get stunned, ability blocked, etc that hinders my chances.

In other news, Donlad trump was just nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize, lmao
    Sorry I think I was laughing so hard I quoted myself instead of editing I apologize
  • @OmarFPG how is the meta not affected? Poe and Phasma are weaker and everyone will be rushing to get weaker Jedi characters instead of Phasma, GS, Poe or droid teams. I think it'll be great :)
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    NVM...
  • OmarFPG
    458 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    l3end3r wrote: »
    @OmarFPG how is the meta not affected? Poe and Phasma are weaker and everyone will be rushing to get weaker Jedi characters instead of Phasma, GS, Poe or droid teams. I think it'll be great :)

It won't be affected much, but there's still some changes, most relevant being Poe (but lots of users will still be running him, maybe including me when I finally work on mine! xD), FOTP! And Phasma though on older servers I think she isn't used that much. I'm on a medium age one I'd say, there's still plenty of Phasma Leads around (including me). I'm expecting a change here.

The visibility of the entire team and adjustments for rank 40 and above will also factor in. It'll be interesting.

I'm also hopeful for Mace / QGJ and the two new characters (the event and the shard shop exclusive ones, the Jedi one has to be Yoda!! :smiley:)
    548-145-651 | Playing since Dec 28th (:
  • OmarFPG wrote: »
    @OmarFPG how is the meta not affected? Poe and Phasma are weaker and everyone will be rushing to get weaker Jedi characters instead of Phasma, GS, Poe or droid teams. I think it'll be great :)

It won't be affected much, but there's still some changes, most relevant being Poe (but lots of users will still be running him, maybe including me when I finally work on mine! xD), FOTP! And Phasma though on older servers I think she isn't used that much. I'm on a medium age one I'd say, there's still plenty of Phasma Leads around (including me). I'm expecting a change here.

The visibility of the entire team and adjustments for rank 40 and above will also factor in. It'll be interesting.

I'm also hopeful for Mace / QGJ and the two new characters (the event and the shard shop exclusive ones, the Jedi one has to be Yoda!! :smiley:)

I respectfully disagree. For those that already have 7* Poe, GS, Lumi, Phasma, Rey, FOTP, etc sure it won't change that much. But Poe, Phasma and FOTP nerfs will make the teams much weaker, especially if the team uses all three of those top characters. Most players outside of the top 20 won't be focusing the "best" characters, as they will be working on Jedi. And the new characters could shake things up.
  • Where are his updated abilities available?

The Thetans are keeping them hidden on Xenu, you must complete OT XIII to access them.

LMAO.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Amazed Rey wasn't nerfed a bit. She attacks fast and her special is often a one shot kill followed with an auto one time dodge.

But all in all good job and appreciated effort...

I'm assuming a Rey nerf will come once more people have her
  • I remember somewhere the devs disclosed that they will not be mentioning any new characters in the patch notes, except for the "super exclusive" mouthwatering toon in the formerly shard shop, but now possibly the Jedi event. Trying to process the "balancing" in the new patch has left me with some questions, not the least of which is are we guaranteed new characters in this update? We all know of the one, but are anymore coming with the update? If not, I do not think meta will shift much if at all.
  • Camalus
    217 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I remember somewhere the devs disclosed that they will not be mentioning any new characters in the patch notes, except for the "super exclusive" mouthwatering toon in the formerly shard shop, but now possibly the Jedi event. Trying to process the "balancing" in the new patch has left me with some questions, not the least of which is are we guaranteed new characters in this update? We all know of the one, but are anymore coming with the update? If not, I do not think meta will shift much if at all.
    They would only alter the meta if it became unprofitable sadly. I fully understand that some star wars characters are stronger than others but there's always a way to blow up the death star right? At least in a perfect world. What I'm sick about is the fact that most of the meta teams are sparsely synergized and get away with murder and they just nerfed my fully synergized team, so what is synergy worth if they are only going to cater to the cookie cutters?
  • I don't see a meta shift. People running meta won't be affected by taking time off to farm jedi a bit.

Poe is still high risk/high reward as I stated at the beginning of the whole debate. He's just slightly higher risk now.

I'm not so bummed about Ventriss because I find her dispel more appealing than the minimal random group heal, tbh. The on 100% on crit change is awesome.

My gut is saying the Jedi toon won't be Yoda but Lightsabre Luke (ESB or RoJ). Of course, I would prefer Yoda.

Not sure I like the bonus energy daily thing. I love bonus energy. I hate being asked to login at specific times for anything. I like to play games on MY schedule. Not the developers. That's kind of ****.

Arena change is a start; however, I still _strongly_ feel that it should be based on the highest rate achieved during each reset period and not on what rank you are at reset.

We really need more characters (especially Jedi) more readily available in the game space. I'm not talking a couple nodes in campaign but in shipments (particularly GW where it's very Jedi lite save for Lumi).

I'm glad the notes were posted with a week+ of notice at least so we can get a feel for community reaction.
  • l3end3r wrote: »
    OmarFPG wrote: »

I respectfully disagree. For those that already have 7* Poe, GS, Lumi, Phasma, Rey, FOTP, etc sure it won't change that much. But Poe, Phasma and FOTP nerfs will make the teams much weaker, especially if the team uses all three of those top characters. Most players outside of the top 20 won't be focusing the "best" characters, as they will be working on Jedi. And the new characters could shake things up.

It's cool man, we'll have to wait and see anyways, the meta varies a bit depending on the leaderboard as well. I really want a change on the meta tbh. The speed / high dps is a bit boring, I'd like something were you could plan and strategize better, having possibly longer than 1 or 2 round fights.
    548-145-651 | Playing since Dec 28th (:
  • Thanks for the transparency on the update. Great fixes and buffs and the new event sounds interesting.
  • * untaps beer*
    this is going to take a while
  • lol..not going to troll this one! looks impressive! (on paper)
  • obiwan1011
    396 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Poe is still high risk/high reward as I stated at the beginning of the whole debate. He's just slightly higher risk now.

Could you please pin point where is this "high risk" part? All I see is NO risk, high reward.

For those who will refer to QGJ, Mace or whoever that can dispell his taunt... well, that is only possible when they are around to dispell it. However, the chances are they are one shot killed by a Rey, GS or FOTP (who just got even more buff to this damage as CG fixed the 7* bug) while waiting for their turn. Even if they somehow manage to survive and dispell the taunt, what's the point when half of the team is dead?
  • obiwan1011 wrote: »

Could you please pin point where is this "high risk" part? All I see is NO risk, high reward.

For those who will refer to QGJ, Mace or whoever that can dispell his taunt... well, that is only possible when they are around to dispell it. However, the chances are they are one shot killed by a Rey, GS or FOTP (who just got even more buff to this damage as CG fixed the 7* bug) while waiting for their turn. Even if they somehow manage to survive and dispell the taunt, what's the point when half of the team is dead?

I think the risk is the taunt buff itself. Any taunt is a risk as you will be absorbing all damage.

That being said, there isn't any real risk. Anyone will sacrifice a Poe to win with the remaining four heroes standing.

His real description should be: if you don't have me you will be targeted in Arena and lose.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Looking at how much time I have to get 5 jedis to 5*, it looks like a JC, Lumi, Bariss, Mace, Eeth Koth team. Ugly, but hopefully enough.
  • obiwan1011 wrote: »

Hey mate guess what Rey is turn 7 Speed, so is GS, both can 1 hit your toons without Poe. Should they be nerfed too? Poggle makes everyone so deadly and goes early, nerf him. Phasma gives TM advantahe and slows TM with AOE nerf her. While we are at it let's just make every toon same DPS same speed.

This thread about the update has, as all threads here that start positive, gone into a bunch of crying and whining. If you dislike it so much stop playing. Nobody is forcing you to play the game.

I'm sorry to everyone else for being negative here but the amount of whining here is getting old. When you can't have 1 positive post with people coming on it complaining it is just bad. The whining is making this forum toxic.
  • We get any more new toons with update, or just the event one?
    After we unlock Shard Shop (yes, to unlock we need at least 1 7*toon) we can exchange all of our usless shards (for example i have 40 Lando shard which ones are totally useless for me), or only shards above 7* toons?
  • Yoda!!
  • Wait wait wait is it Jedi Luke ?
  • For FOTP at least you can fix all big before deciding to nerf or buff him
  • bbmiLo wrote: »
    So the new Event mode is to let whales acquire another unique hero.
    Because F2P players don't have 5 jedi's LMAO.

You can have 5 as a f2p player. Most are quite easy to farm. And QGJ just became available for f2p

I think his intent was that most f2p don't really focus on any Jedi besides Luminara or Jedi Consular because of the strong anti-Jedi capabilities of some toons.

If you like Star Wars you will

I have 6 4 stars Jedi include Anakin windu just like them instead of useful

• The event requires 5 Jedi's? Does that mean you can't participate if you have >5? My 4 best heroes are Jedi but I have no 5th Jedi....
  • Bon_El wrote: »
    1st and foremost thank you for the many upgrades, it's obvious you've been working hard and it's appreciated! 2nd, I can't believe you did that to asajj, at this point I feel like I've been building her up & working my **** off on her for nothing. what good is she now?! 3rd issue is credits, while the red cards are appreciated I need millions not thousands where am I supposed to get these millions from??? It's a half mil to a mil to promote each character and @150 grand each level each character. Am I missing something? I hear you the key card energy required is reduced but it says you reduced the credits available also

games like this are meant to be grinded a bit. Unless of course you fork out the moulah

Lighsaber Luke is already an enemy in regular missions. Maybe it's him.

• I like what I am seeing in the update except one thing... Poe. The fact of how much time and effort that went into farming him into 7* because of his usefulness is now moot. He is now "Like the other tanks" as Jesse eloquently put it.
    He was not bugged, there was nothing to fix that was not correct. Now he is nerfed because of his ability that THEY made him to be. There are already useful strategies to beat Poe teams... The people that spent all that time and effort are basically told to QQ and suck it up. I personally do not think that is fair. When they fixed Princess Phew Phew it was due to a bug... FOTP.. bug... Poe~~sorry guys we made him too good and we know you spent hours and cash starring him up, but too bad there is too many people crying about him in game now.

Kind of reminds me of the current political environment :(

You are aware that nothing that actually makes Poe so awesome has been changed? He still goes first, he still exposes, and he still takes away the turn meter from the opposition. Job done. If they'd reduced his speed by one allowing faster people to go first, that would have been better tbh.

If they reduce his speed, he will go ALWAYS LAST in Arena as tou can create amazing turn 7 teams, and make sure that by the time it's Poe's turn, he is the only one standing.

Don't say it's a small change. If you said separate Turn Meter effect with Taunt, it would destroy him, but not as a much destruction as making him turn 8 would do.

• Mizo wrote: »
    If your going to fix FOTP's double tap then actually fix it because a lot of times he just does a single tap. So if you fix the triple tap make sure he never single tap.

Why would you nerf Ventris who is the slowest toon in the game and a char no one uses anyway.

@Mizo ...to be more precise, 55% of times he does a single tap AS PER FOTP DESCRIPTION!

• Dario wrote: »
    I was wondering why the Jedi event lasts a week? I have my heros ready to go which will take 20 mins to run through the battles.. Is it limited to once per day? Can you rerun the missions to get extra shards?.. Is there any more details you can give out at this time ? Thanks.

There is no "challenge". The challenge is to launder a reward - a new char with equal stars are your lowest starred Jedi group of 5 chars.

A reward, not a challenge.

• @EA_Jesse

Could you give a description of whay health steal does exactly? I mean will it just give characters who have health steal Talias basic attack ability?
    Thanks for all the info!

Heal Steal = Damage Done To Enemies Become HP for you. The % converted depends on the char. If Talia crits for 2800 on her regular, she may heal for 2800 (100% H Steal)
  • bamachine
    3 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Lots of good updates except you killed off one of my characters, Asaji, she is worthless now. You did bump one of them though, Windu, although I stopped leveling him about 5 levels ago, guess I will have to rectify that.

Now fix the recent changes to GW and make it so it is based off of current arena rank and not whatever your highest ever rank may have been. I agree it was too easy before changes, now it is near impossible for some of us, if we ever got pretty high in arena or much higher than our current ranks. I once reached 36 arena rank, now can't even get into top 100 but I am still facing teams that are appropriate for players in the 35 range.