Poe speed/meter-reduction intact + visible teams = Poe problem actually gets worse with the update

Replies

• Options
    Poe doesn't need a nerf, damage does.
    Star Wars: Galaxy of Supporting Cast Members
  • Options
    don't be silly. Poe alone can't do anything.
  • DuckDodgers
    59 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    The whole Poe debate is interesting because I really don't think he's that good except in Arena. He doesn't seem to hit that hard. Maybe it's just me? I feel like there are theoretically better uses of the slot, perhaps even in Arena.
  • Options
    reizse wrote: »
    meh. i'll continue to use my non poe team and maintain top 10. it'll be tougher to hit top 5 without refreshes, but i'll see how it goes in the next month. who knows....maybe i'll even have to drop to 20-50 range due to my choice in not farming poe, but using him is not fun for me. i like the team i have and will continue to evolve it if possible. if i'm to believe in data mining (which i shouldn't), at 80, my team will outspeed poe teams

I'm with you on this one. I don't want to use Poe and it's as simple as that. I'm happy with the team I have now and I don't really have much difficulty going up against Poe anyway. He sucks the life out of any battle.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    John has just posted that they keep monitoring Mr Dameron, just that they preffer to go slow and safe and not overnerf.
    I'm fine with that as a general police. So I suggest all of us to chill a bit while they check data.
  • Options
    My 0.02credits:

As @Qeltar wrote, they ignored the real issue (RNG from turn 7 Poe allowing one team or the other free action for almost a full turn) and instead nerfed Poe's Tenacity (Which was his defining statistic; by doing so they also blew out his self-healing) and Expose (another defining characteristic of Resistance characters)

So about 80% of the outcome of the match is Poe vs Poe, who goes first. If the AI's Poe goes first, you CAN get lucky and have horrible AI prioritization, or win the RNG game and Evade or take non-criticals for everything.

However, I have yet to lose to a Poe-cannon team with my own, if my Poe taunts first.

7* Poe(L), 7* Ben, 7*Leia, 7* QGJ, 6* Rey. Maxed skills, and only missing a couple of the +25 agil items.

Now you max say, with such a P2W team, of course I won't lose if I taunt first.

But against another Poe team, I DO lose about 70-80% of the time if the other Poe goes first. And the times I win are determined by bad AI targeting/evades.

Please tell me more about how this makes for anything like interesting, balanced gaming.

And before "Alternate anti-Poe strategies!" consider that I AM a whale, a very whaley whale, with many 7*, level 70, G8 characters.

The only strategy I haven't tried yet is Multi-Leia, using Nute Gunray as lead with Leia and Teebo, ST Han, and a 5th (probably Poggle) because I'm farming Nute now (He never dropped from Chromium, lol)
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Triqui wrote: »
    John has just posted that they keep monitoring Mr Dameron, just that they preffer to go slow and safe and not overnerf.

Oh please.
    The Poe business has been going on for weeks, and the change made to him is utterly irrelevant to his issues.
    Unreal.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    With all the talk about Poe has anyone else had insane bad RNG on Daka lately? Facing Poe + Daka is terrible for me lately in GW with every death being 1-3 revives. This is over the course of two days of GW.

I'll take a Poe fast taunt over that any day.
  • Options
    Cpt_Dan wrote: »
    With all the talk about Poe has anyone else had insane bad RNG on Daka lately? Facing Poe + Daka is terrible for me lately in GW with every death being 1-3 revives. This is over the course of two days of GW.

I'll take a Poe fast taunt over that any day.

I'll take one any battle. Oops, I meant use one. I'll see myself out.
  • Options
    Gurley30 wrote: »
    d3gauss wrote: »
    Anyone else get the idea @Gurley30 works for cg? Just all of a sudden popped up praising the devs all the time. Never really adds to the conversation just little one sentence "devs are great!". Couple this with the fact that he had a newly created account that heavily references the rams who are moving to california...conspiracy.

LOL

The conspiracy theories are real.

I literally just posted a thread only three days ago which heavily criticized the lack of communication by the Devs.

And then they communicated. Coincidence? I think not. Away with you foul demon of cg! Away!
  • Options
    Nonemo wrote: »
    I think the developers see a lot of things we don't see. Because, well, they do. They have access to levels of testing and running teams, simulating thousands of battles, that we as players don't. John Salera has stated that there are a lot of synergies out there that haven't been found and exploited yet.

It may just be that they aren't fixing Poe because there are already solutions in place, if players would look more carefully, try new strategies and not just jump on the bandwagon.

The teams we see today are incredibly streamlined, and I honestly don't see much experimentation going on. Damage maximization is the same kind of lazy quick route that makes people decide to always roll a Barbarian with a big axe in D&D. It's standard model 1A for fighting, and it's enchanting because people like big numbers popping up on the screen. They're much easier to understand than the finer points about how skills and synergies can be set up to harmonize.

I refuse to believe that we as a community have already emptied the game and its huge character roster of possible synergies and combos in just a few months. I can easily name 20-30 characters that I NEVER see in play. And don't tell me it's because "they suck". In the beginning nobody wanted Poe either. They just regarded him as another tank toon with weak attack power and too little HP to survive his own taunt. Then somebody discovered a usage.

Often enough, that's all a "meta" really is. At least in a well balanced game. All players running the same team, because they've learned "this is the best". Until somebody figures out the counter.

So that's why I'm building experimental teams and focusing on the fun, while y'all keep whining about this one Poe.

I applaud you sir.
  • Options
    I don't see how anyone can say something is guaranteed to be the case before the actual update is released. These threads should be made post-update, when people will really know what the problems are.
  • Options
    I can't believe all the whinnying! I was lucky and drew Finn when I started. I decided, what the heck, lets do a resistance team and started to level Poe up. I routinely get raked over coals on a daily basis, sometimes moving 30-35 ranks in a single night. People just can't handle the fact that they lose. Think about it, there are lots of toons that are considered OP but it's just a matter of perspective. I sweat when I know guys have concentrated mats, *s, and effort into any toons. When they beat me I give them props. But those guys complaining about Poe will never advocate for downgrading their own gravy train. This game would not be as fun if I didn't challenge someone and think, "Crap! Poggle, GS, and 88 again". Let the dice roll and stop fussing because it's a challenge. IMO
  • Raven
    113 posts Member
    Options
    CronozNL wrote: »
    @Qeltar
    You really need to spend less time here mate. You're starting to turn into something other than december Qeltar. I notice the same, I'm getting more obnoxious here :) Especially with my immature meme spammage from time to time. Anyway, take a break and come back in a different mind set.
    You guys are all overdiscussing something that shouldn't need to be discussed atm.
    Poe is beatable, many vids to "show" that are around on this forum.
    If Poe wouldn't be viable anymore, QGJ will get the hit next. After QGJ people scream about GS and after GS were back to the Sid/Phasma being OP discussion.
    It's an endless circle and I really do think that with this change, the outcome might be different than we think.
    We assume too much. Also reading stuff like: update is already disappointing me, means you spend too much time getting off on Arena ranking. Arena is a small part of this game, it will improve but I care the least.
    Also they hit the nerf too hard on Barriss, I can imagine they don't want to make the same mistake.
    Nerfing Poe into nothing will cause more backlash. Also I read they are still testing so it's not definitive. Good expressing your concerns but don't take it too seriously.

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself becoming the villain.

Maybe thats why @WhipiT took a time off? lol..

No offense, but its kinda true.. im reliving the episode 3 experience once again, the heroes are turning to the dark side..

Although i agree on a lot of the claims on Poe, i just wished the request, discussion, could be more harmonic and less toxic.. To some, the arena don’t mean much.. To others, it’s the main point, where you test your 'skills' against other player instead of the AI. I just wished we could find the balance in between? Hmm….
  • Options
    @d3gauss
    Wish I had the same paycheck as a CG member than as well ;)
    But no I guess they won't find me appropriate for a sock account.
    No constraints/seizures and bankacc is what I do (in between reading forums).
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    @d3gauss
    Wish I had the same paycheck as a CG member than as well ;)
    But no I guess they won't find me appropriate for a sock account.
    No constraints/seizures and bankacc is what I do (in between reading forums).

@CronozNL I also suffer from cg induced seizures...we should start a support group.
  • Options
    @d3gauss I meant that my current job involves putting constraints/seizures on ones bank acc. You would be surprised how many micro transaction customers get their accounts frozen because they can't control themselves. I also reject loans for that reason. Complete off topic but ye let's start a group :D
  • Options
    @d3gauss I meant that my current job involves putting constraints/seizures on ones bank acc. You would be surprised how many micro transaction customers get their accounts frozen because they can't control themselves. I also reject loans for that reason. Complete off topic but ye let's start a group :D

@CronozNL so your saying you have micro seizures or no seizures?
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    @d3gauss

I mean this:

sei·zure
    (sē′zhər)
    n.
    1. The act or an instance of seizing or the condition of being seized.

:p
  • Options
    Here I am, more concerned as to why there was no talk of the current speed leader bugs in arena =( sure would change SOMETHING with speed in SOMEWAY
  • Options
    @d3gauss

I mean this:

sei·zure
    (sē′zhər)
    n.
    1. The act or an instance of seizing or the condition of being seized.

:p

@CronozNL oh man and I always thought you'd get kicked out for grabbing the girls, you have changed my life sir.
  • cosmicturtle333
    5004 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Here I am, more concerned as to why there was no talk of the current speed leader bugs in arena =( sure would change SOMETHING with speed in SOMEWAY

The reddit dev said that speed leader effects are intentionally not applied to the first turn.
    Probably because they don't want an entire team to have a turn before the other's. Oh wait . . .
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    Wifi wrote: »
    There is no team synergies that defend against a team that reduces your turn meter right off the bat and then 1 shots 3-4 of your team. Doesn't matter what you throw at it.. I use Poe, Rey, Qgj, GS and FOTP or lately Poggle for Qgj and I have never, EVER lost to any team, let alone 27k plus teams, unless they have a Poe that goes before mine. Our guild [instinct] has dozens of people that experiment with different synergies and character abilities which we discuss all day every day in a live chat. Believe me, most of us have every char unlocked and several even have every character at 7*. Poe and the heavy hitters I mentioned above is the meta and nothing they have done in this patch changes that. Sorry but this is common knowledge amongst the players that really know this game well.

Amen brother!
  • Options

The reddit dev said that speed leader effects are intentionally not applied to the first turn.
    Probably because they don't want an entire team to have a turn before the other's. Oh wait . . .
    Lol - Oh Lord. We understand.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Lol, if any of you have ever played HODA the other game they created would understand that Qeltar have some very valid points. Based on your comment you haven't played HODA. I have Poe and never used him but, I will once the update is released. As far as seeing the other teams characters the dev got the same complaints from the HODA forum as time pasted ppl stop complaining. This game is getting basically the same features as HODA.

The new Jedi event is the same event HODA has but it's called the nexus event and it doesn't require certain characters rather it gives certain characters bonuses for that event. They rotate new events every week with different character rewards. It take maybe two months before the same event is replayed.
  • Options
    I was just thinking? With the ability to see the other team does this mean POWER will no longer matter if ppl see Poe teams? Is Poe that serious that a 19k Poe team in a 24k power teams in the top 100 will keep ppl from attacking that team?
  • Options
    Reddplague wrote: »
    Lol, if any of you have ever played HODA the other game they created would understand that Qeltar have some very valid points. Based on your comment you haven't played HODA. I have Poe and never used him but, I will once the update is released. As far as seeing the other teams characters the dev got the same complaints from the HODA forum as time pasted ppl stop complaining. This game is getting basically the same features as HODA.

The new Jedi event is the same event HODA has but it's called the nexus event and it doesn't require certain characters rather it gives certain characters bonuses for that event. They rotate new events every week with different character rewards. It take maybe two months before the same event is replayed.

Just looked that game up. Is this it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wM5s9ps3IY

If it is, my god that is disgusting. Makes this game look like professional chess.
  • Options
    Nonemo wrote: »
    @Qeltar I made my point and I'm not gonna go into further discussion about it. You disagree, that's fine. Time will tell who's right. Until then I'll keep building and having fun playing. As opposed to crying on the forums.

Very well said. And for the whiners who think they know the game more than the Dev, why don't you apply for their jobs. Obviously, you think you know more than them.

But in the meantime, just enjoy the game. And if you don't like it, don't play.
  • Options
    Heisen wrote: »
    Reddplague wrote: »

Just looked that game up. Is this it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wM5s9ps3IY

If it is, my god that is disgusting. Makes this game look like professional chess.

Yep that's it.
  • Options
    Dang. Y'all take this game too seriously.