Galactic War - Post ALL Comments Here ***MEGATHREAD*** (GW Threads all Merged here)

Replies

• To the OP: I do recommend that you don't use your "A" team for the duration of GW, if you are doing that currently. I tend to use a mix of my best toons in the first couple of nodes just to breeze through, then try to get as far as I can (with the exception of the tougher mid-node) with my second and third tier characters until I need to redeploy my heavy hitters towards the end. That usually works for me. But it also depends on how well obviously you are geared and modded up, and also what types of enemies you're facing in each node.
  • thelebk wrote: »
    Kyleslater wrote: »
    I don't mind not winning every day. I mind never winning. I haven't beat node 11 in 2 months and node 12 is about 6.

You desperately need to gear up Palpatine, and get that 7th star. Then get that droid team up. With Jedi, Rebels, Empire, Droids, Scoundrels, and Clones, you should be able to persevere. Palpatine helps a ton.

Thanks to your advice Even and that of others I just won a GW! I am gaming the system by not increasing power on my top 5 while working madly on characters 6+ to have more equivalent swap teams. Just put Nihlis in charge of my SIth B team... thats how I got the win! How do you think I should MOD Nihlus? I feel he is the iconic Sith and my favorite villain from KOTOR.

@thelebk How to mod Nihilus ... Good question! I'm letting mine sit on the bench for now because gear is going other places, so not really using him at the moment. BUT my first impression is (if you plan to lead with him): an Offense set and a Health set will do the job nicely.
    • Circle: Protection (converts into health)
    • Triangle: Protection/Offense. Which is better, another 23.5% Protection or 5.88% Health? It probably depends on where your fastest speed secondaries are.
    • Cross: Potency/Protection/Offense. He does inflict debuffs, and Drain Force seems like it should be resistible, so Potency might be best. Not sure. Again, maybe let speed secondaries decide for you.
    I've got mine stacked with Protection mods at the moment, but again, have not used him at all. The timing of this release was very bad for my plan since I was just honing a new Arena team, and he does not fit at all. But others in my guild have also modded as I outlined, so it's probably the best way to go.
  • I used to be able to clear it every day with Lumi, Barris, Jedi Counselor, QGJ, and Royal Guard....

Now, the purple nodes have become very difficult and consumes my Arena,B,C,D teams so I usually tap out about node 11 or 12.

That being said, 3 healers have been the key for me in the past. Otherwise character depth with synergy very important because every node has full protection, while you probably have 0 protection and if lucky at full health.

Now I have my Arena, Rebel, Droid, and a mixed team I can go in there with, but the higher gear level you are means you'll need depth eventually to clear from my experience.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/speedokillz/

December 2016 Arena Shard
  • No. no one has ever beaten galactic war.
  • Why do you still get knobheads on here like him ^
  • Maybe he's never, ever beaten GW :wink:
  • I've been playing about a year and I've completed GW a total of 35 times. As soon as I hit max level, I stopped getting above 10 or sometimes 11. I have some good teams, am always in the top 200 on my shard, but just get destroyed in GW by heavy P2P teams. Maybe it's just my shard, but I feel the OPs pain.
  • Ok, darth Nihilus and sith characters are amazing for GW. Personally I'd start with a team of sith him leading. retreat before a battle that would kill your better characters is over. Take your sith team and they should be able to pave the way to victory, but you will probably need two to three squads of decent characters to help with the last few nodes. Make sure your sith have a lot of health and protection. Defense is meaningless as long as you have lots of health. I was only able to start clearing GW after I unlocked Nihilus and upgraded his leader ability
  • went into GW final battle and attacked a 7* 78lvl DS -

tried all 5 toons, randomly leader .. EACH TIME no matter who attacks DS or who is the leader DS dodges the attack ??! seriously , tell me how the F this game is random ???

it's a slot machine game, disguised with star wars toons
  • I've never completed a GW, usually there's one strong battle in the middle of the board that devastates my team
  • Try to focus on 5 arena characters which do good on GW too.

Don't upgrade anyone else until you can complete GW. Definitely do not spread out your resources too thin.

Mathematically I do not think this is what you want to do. Since all of the GW nodes spawn as a % of power of the top five, the secret is to NOT power up the top 5 significantly beyond your other toons. Once I stopped pumping my top five arena team and working on others I began winning GW. This of course means your arena team will suffer.
  • thelebk wrote: »
    Kyleslater wrote: »
    I don't mind not winning every day. I mind never winning. I haven't beat node 11 in 2 months and node 12 is about 6.

You desperately need to gear up Palpatine, and get that 7th star. Then get that droid team up. With Jedi, Rebels, Empire, Droids, Scoundrels, and Clones, you should be able to persevere. Palpatine helps a ton.

Thanks to your advice Even and that of others I just won a GW! I am gaming the system by not increasing power on my top 5 while working madly on characters 6+ to have more equivalent swap teams. Just put Nihlis in charge of my SIth B team... thats how I got the win! How do you think I should MOD Nihlus? I feel he is the iconic Sith and my favorite villain from KOTOR.

@thelebk How to mod Nihilus ... Good question! I'm letting mine sit on the bench for now because gear is going other places, so not really using him at the moment. BUT my first impression is (if you plan to lead with him): an Offense set and a Health set will do the job nicely.
    • Circle: Protection (converts into health)
    • Triangle: Protection/Offense. Which is better, another 23.5% Protection or 5.88% Health? It probably depends on where your fastest speed secondaries are.
    • Cross: Potency/Protection/Offense. He does inflict debuffs, and Drain Force seems like it should be resistible, so Potency might be best. Not sure. Again, maybe let speed secondaries decide for you.
    I've got mine stacked with Protection mods at the moment, but again, have not used him at all. The timing of this release was very bad for my plan since I was just honing a new Arena team, and he does not fit at all. But others in my guild have also modded as I outlined, so it's probably the best way to go.

Good copy Even, will head in that direction. I am looking to make the droids my B team and rework a Sith A team leading with Nihlus.
  • I had saved up all my GW attempts yesterday hoping to get better rewards with the QoL update, but was let down when I saw rewards were unchanged...
    After yesterday's Client Restart though, both of my GW attempts were much easier overall. I usually see higher-end meta teams at the end of GW (GK+Jedi, Zith teams, or Baze rebels) but yesterday nodes 11 and 12 for both GW attempts were a weird group of randos - Chewies, Luke, Luminaras, Old Ben, etc. Is this from the QoL update? Anyone else see easier GW nodes, especially in 11 + 12 ?
  • Timitock wrote: »
    I lost many GW in the beginning, then reached a critical mass and have won 40 straight since then. There are things you can do that help. Not mandatory things, helpful things. You can probably win regularly with a number of strategies. I want to make it as easy as possible so I can fly through it and ensure my payout.

Healers
    Max A team
    Decent B team
    Suicide Squads

The healers and max A team were the most helpful. Barriss has the biggest passive heal, and increases everyones pool. No-brainer lead. Luminara Heal over time stacks nicely. Ahsoka heals every other turn. JC heals every other turn. You do not need them all, but the more you have the easier things get.

Why u need suicide squad i beat them all with rebels
  • Today I have possibly the worst Galactic War I have faced in a while - I would appreciate your help!

I was poddling through GW fine until I came up against this team at Node 6:

Screenshot_2017-02-28-13-49-56.png

- This Droid/Jawa team proceeded to wipe out 10 of my secondary characters (no matter how many times I restarted the battle), and then I finished them off with my primary team who lost most of their protection). I then fought two more nodes and won them easily using my primary, and came up against this team:

Screenshot_2017-02-28-14-08-05.png

- This team proceeded to wipe out my primary squad no matter what I tried.

This is my list of available characters:

https://swgoh.gg/u/turgongw/collection/

My primary squad is:

- Fives
    - Rex
    - Phasma
    - Luminara
    - Geonosian Soldier

With the characters I have available, what would be the best teams to fight firstly the Droid team, and secondly the Wiggs/Lando team? I struggle with these two types of opponents so any advice is appreciated!

SWGoH - TurgonGW
    Guild - Starchoppers - Feel free to help us in the Raids!
  • Someone please help, never posted before and I'm getting an error message at the loading of the game. Error with connection and I've tried other games and apps and they work fine. I'm at a dead end here. Best regards Bert

Bluescreenfilms @ aol . Com

• Atrreyu wrote: »
    Someone please help, never posted before and I'm getting an error message at the loading of the game. Error with connection and I've tried other games and apps and they work fine. I'm at a dead end here. Best regards Bert

Bluescreenfilms @ aol . Com

See connection issues thread, lots of log on issues right now if you weren't in game already
  • Sorry to say this, bud, but I don't think you're going to be able to finish today's GW.
  • Loscoolarrow
    8 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    The dude is level 85 but only gear viii droids and rebels...hmmmm
  • Lol
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Globuhl wrote: »
    Haven't lost a GW for monthes either because I built a large roster of toons instead of rushing a team at level 85. None of my toons are level 85 actually, 81 at most. I try to level my toon together, one level at a time. It's long. It's expensive but it works. Once I get my toons to level 85 I expect to hit a wall too though. There are monsters in these waters...

It also helps that my A team is a stun team: Daka, RG, EP to stun member of the other teams, Phasma(L) and Rey to break some bones. My stunners are modded for potency in order to increase chances of stun. Most of the time my A team can deal with a GW session all alone. Just in case I usually play one of the early matches with my rebel team in order to build turn meter. This is the suicide squad team I sometime use to kill an annoying toon in node 11 or 12 (Yoda for instance as he is the main threat to my stun team).

I do the same thing and run approx. 8 teams. One of my team focuses on stun and TM manipulation, I have jedi, sith, rebels etc etc.

I have a deep roster of toons - almost all at level 85 with maxed abilities (except zeta) and mods - GW is still, after all this, impossible. Occasionally I can beat it, but with that kind of roster, occasionally winning seems a bit strange.

Sometimes I face a node 12 team that just wont die - even if I hit it with all 8 teams with full health & protection - that not a challenge its just not possible - there's a difference.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    This team here just wiped out my A team.
    01bd6ba095801c30547d5cc8d4d67d817fe2074b69.jpg

Mine are all 7* lvl85 and gear 9 to 11. Yet a team with a 3* toon can wipe me out? That's crazy. Toons need to be more balanced. Chaze, or whatever we're calling them, are more OP than Wiggs. Add in GK and it's game over.

This is exactly the same issue I have - it's not a challenge, its impossible and no one at the Dev Team sees to see it, or want to see it.
  • The dude is level 85 but only gear viii droids and rebels...hmmmm

that means "sheet"
  • OP you should gear up some of your lower starred characters. Qgj, Rey, Shoretrooper etc. Even though they aren't 7* just getting them to gear 8 will help you a lot in GWs. That way you get the benefits of mods as well.

When dealing with droids aim to take out Jawa Engineer first asap then Ig88 second. You probably won't finish GWs today, but next time you may.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    You need a bugger roster of toons, all level 85 gear 10 at least with maxed abilities (except zettas) and mods.

I have a huge roster with 8 teams at those specifications and GW is still a grind full of lunacy.

Good luck and happy farming!
  • I don't know how relevant this post still is... I haven't had an easy GW in a very long time.... Usually I get taken out by gear 11 7* teams... usually wiggs Orr emp with baze wigs and phas. no way to win
  • For the first one, I'd try some sort of burst-damage squad to kill the engineer > 88 > 86 > others. For your roster, maybe Phasma(L), TFP, Geo Soldier, IG86, IG88. Except, your 88 is kind of slow and has low potency, so either mod those up, or replace him with a taunter to absorb the inevitable damage.

Whoever gets damaged, try and heal them on stages 7 and 8.

Then for those pesky rebels... Best bet would be to re-roll the battle until most of them are blocked with TFP, (at least leia and Han, to make them waste turns). Royal Guard is a good stunner, to keep Lando from Doubling down. Have someone with a mass-slow, either phasma or vader. Dooku can administer shock now, so maybe level him up a bit and cripple their Biggs with that. I guess I'd suggest:
    Phasma/Dooku/TFP/RG/ for the final slot Geo Soldier if you can make it through without anyone dying, Luminara or Bariss if not.
    But man, those are some rough stages 6 and 9 for someone with your current roster!
  • Boo wrote: »
    You need a bugger roster of toons, all level 85 gear 10 at least with maxed abilities (except zettas) and mods.

I have a huge roster with 8 teams at those specifications and GW is still a grind full of lunacy.

Good luck and happy farming!

This is some pretty terrible advice. Telling someone to farm is unhelpful.

Bottom line, I think, is that until you get to this quoted point, you just might not be clearing gw everyday. Some days you get squads full of Jc and chewbacca, and other days you get g12 rebels with min-maxed mods. It can be frustrating.

One thing that has helped me is having multiple fresh tanks to use on 6/9/11. If you have a fresh tank per tier, I have been able to use a single squad of dps for the entire thing. I still don't clear it everyday though.
  • Droids droids droids just farm them I didn't beat GW my first time until I was level 70.....now my droids do all the heavy lifting helps to have rebels and or clones they clear out the left overs
    Ps droids are a fairly easy farm still a grind but worth it