CONNECTION ERROR - (Merged Threads )

Replies

• im logged online but while the game is loading up it shows the message 'Checking for Updates' and as once I waited awhile it saying 'connection error try again'

**** is going on?
  • Same here, checks for updates and then spits out connection error (which there isn't). Been a couple of hours now.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    The fact the mods are getting offended over people asking if there will be any way to recoup lost rewards from arena/ships payouts and energy refreshes is kind of ridiculous...just saying. It's a valid question

It is against TOS aka forum rules to ask for, joke about, or suggest any kind of reimbursement. But usually compensation happens. So don't stress.
  • SumiXam
    68 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Fine, I'll join the bandwagon... OMGZ I missed my 45 cantina energy, whatever will I do now. I will probably fall behind in arena for all eternity. I will never be able to make up for those two extra talia shards I would have had today.

tyTc1Nl.jpg

Like I said, your point of view may well have merit, but posting in an antagonistic manner will gain you nothing. I will give you credit pulling me from my lurking to post...even twice in one thread. I think that's record. Some trolls are irresistible I suppose. Mr. T approves of your sadness.

mr-t-crying.gif

• Free crystals incoming!
  • We need some Chewie shards!
  • rcohen19
    37 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    The fact the mods are getting offended over people asking if there will be any way to recoup lost rewards from arena/ships payouts and energy refreshes is kind of ridiculous...just saying. It's a valid question

It is against TOS aka forum rules to ask for, joke about, or suggest any kind of reimbursement. But usually compensation happens. So don't stress.

You just broke that rule
  • Oh well. Mags v Seagulls in a mo. Hawarden the Lads!
  • Do you guys know when this is going to end?
    JØł₦ ₮ⱧɆ Đ₳Ɽ₭ ₴łĐɆ Ø₣ ₮ⱧɆ ₣ØⱤ₵Ɇ
  • Played fine this morning, but for the past two hours I have been getting a connection error. I missed my mid-day rewards and its irritating. Launching only gets opening splash page and then it hangs up when I get the connection error. Everything else is working fine and connection is good. What gives?
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Wait for it...

A job. I miss energy all of the time because I'm to busy or preoccupied and don't remember to log in, because I have to work and have real life things to worry about after lunch.

So quit crying, grow up, and do something productive for a change.

I do a lot of my auto stuff while I'm at work. So wuit crying because your job sucks and mine doesn't.

That my friend is the difference between a job and a career.
  • My login rhythm has been disrupted :( I need to get back into Squad Arena to get stomped by 5000 point weaker Nihlus squads please!!!!
  • I'm having the same problem, nothing seems to work! I'm gonna miss the end of this raid. Who do we contact about this?

Amazon.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Same problem here. Fleet payout just expired.
  • Still not fixed wow
  • 2 hours and I still can't get in
  • So much for noon cantina and energy bonus. I know I was gonna go 5 for 5 on my cantina shard farm and 4 for 4 on cuffs with those particular bonus'
  • My precious energy is being wasted TT_TT
  • I am not able to connect, neither using wifi nor mobile connection. It is stuck in checking for updates window.
    Any idea how to solve this issue?
  • teequ wrote: »
    it is not EA's fault. it is the AWS Cloud that is down. Amazon is working on a fix as they state on their status page.

https://status.aws.amazon.com/

So EA/the game developers had no control over who to choose for a server provider? Of course its their fault.
  • There was a Thread about this created earlier today, but moment ago noticed that it's removed.
    I was able in early day upto 17:30. Then since 20:15 tried, but no dice so far. Now came b from shop trip & tried again while cell is charging & no dice. I know that this isn't cause of my Network settings or cause of Wifi or 4G. With Google found out several posts since 2015 that mention this "There is a error with your Connection" msg. I checked the News & Announcements page & no official post for server being down today. Previous one about Server Down is from September 2016 if recall.

I'll reply soon to that post that's made today & i sure ain't going to reinstall. This has happened before & always has solved on it's own in few hrs or when checked on next day. Might've been cause of connectivity to server or not, but haven't reinstalled. Good to know that others also have this prob. today so def. can count own Connection out as i can dl & access other places with no probs :) Esp. with my Router's Wi-Fi :) 59mins for dailies Reset & haven't done done some plans today.

Hopefully Devs working with this problem that many seem to have again. Happy to support & good that Space Battles came, but shame that Funds to pimp ships are being handed over with too open arms. Watering down / Simplifying Progression is too common in games on these days. Take care all enjoy :)

- Fedaygin -
  • NicWester wrote: »
    I'm having the same problem, nothing seems to work! I'm gonna miss the end of this raid. Who do we contact about this?

Amazon.

This is not an EA problem, it is an Amazon problem
  • Regarding compensation: us lower ranks get minimal recourse from guild payments so while it looks like an external problem tonight, give us something we need and not a random donation. Thank you ;-)
  • 4 a.m. now & still waiting.... how long has it been? 3 hours?
  • It has nothing to do with the provider obviously since it happens on multiple providers. I have Verizon and I've been hit with the "checking for updates" killshot also. Hopefully somebody can fix this so we don't all lose the tons of hours and/or money playing this awesome game. Very frustrating as it has been happening for many months with different phones & different providers and we keep getting blamed for it instead of finding out the problem.
  • Same here, funny though, was still working on the iPhone and wanted to switch to the iPad, aaaand gone, now neither of the devices will connect again.
    Any other app has no issue at all.
    Working in tech support I suspect that the amount of demanded downloads is to high for which reason a time out happen, or the servers are in maintenance mode and times out for that reason.
  • The cheek of it!!!! I'm getting notifications from the game but still can't get in!!! EA you are taunting the wrong person!!! I'm going to continue to **** and moan and make no difference to the process! Strangely, enjoying the down time. Lol
  • I have the same problem on IOS. Game is stuck on "checking for updates" screen since 12pm eastern
  • I'm haveing trouble logging into the game it says checking for updates then connection error and when I hit try again it does the same thing over again. I'm on iOS
  • Same here. No connection problems with other apps.
This discussion has been closed.