Galactic War - Post ALL Comments Here ***MEGATHREAD*** (GW Threads all Merged here)

Replies

• Basically your problem is that you don't have a synergy team. You probably have slow mods too.

Droids, Wiggs rebels, and Palpatine lead empire are all non zeta, non pay to win teams that work extremely well for GW. Nihilus lead Sith might work too. Spend some time reading the squad and character strategy forums and they should help you build a team or two that will let you reliably finish GWs, and probably give you a huge boost in arena too.
  • +1

Yeah, the issue is you don't have a lot of good synergy options. The advice above is sound.
  • xpxnx wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    You need a bugger roster of toons, all level 85 gear 10 at least with maxed abilities (except zettas) and mods.

I have a huge roster with 8 teams at those specifications and GW is still a grind full of lunacy.

Good luck and happy farming!

This is some pretty terrible advice. Telling someone to farm is unhelpful.

Bottom line, I think, is that until you get to this quoted point, you just might not be clearing gw everyday. Some days you get squads full of Jc and chewbacca, and other days you get g12 rebels with min-maxed mods. It can be frustrating.

One thing that has helped me is having multiple fresh tanks to use on 6/9/11. If you have a fresh tank per tier, I have been able to use a single squad of dps for the entire thing. I still don't clear it everyday though.

I second this. I save SunFac, RG, and StH fresh for those two. Barris lead can really help. I'm just getting my StH to gear 8(for upcoming palp) today so he can last a little. I'm only level 72 and haven't faced a full G11 squad yet, but I just had my entire roster wiped by an all level 85 abilities at 7. I'm having a credit crunch right now otherwise my toons would all have a little more power, but it's too expensive so most sit 10 levels below me.
  • warmonkey wrote: »
    Unbelievable! I have never ever played a game that made such drastic changes without announcing it first.

Yeah this is necroing, but who cares? This warmonkey obviously never played Star Wars Galaxies from day 1.
  • Laserbrain
    149 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    so did they *fix* gw now ? I just spent 2 hours completing node 12 and I am totally not amused.

more like a quality of (I used to have a) life update .......
  • For the first one, I'd try some sort of burst-damage squad to kill the engineer > 88 > 86 > others. For your roster, maybe Phasma(L), TFP, Geo Soldier, IG86, IG88. Except, your 88 is kind of slow and has low potency, so either mod those up, or replace him with a taunter to absorb the inevitable damage.

Whoever gets damaged, try and heal them on stages 7 and 8.

Then for those pesky rebels... Best bet would be to re-roll the battle until most of them are blocked with TFP, (at least leia and Han, to make them waste turns). Royal Guard is a good stunner, to keep Lando from Doubling down. Have someone with a mass-slow, either phasma or vader. Dooku can administer shock now, so maybe level him up a bit and cripple their Biggs with that. I guess I'd suggest:
    Phasma/Dooku/TFP/RG/ for the final slot Geo Soldier if you can make it through without anyone dying, Luminara or Bariss if not.
    But man, those are some rough stages 6 and 9 for someone with your current roster!

Thanks for the advice man,

How would you suggest modding my IG-88 & 86? Not really sure on what the best considered options are for these two units?

SWGoH - TurgonGW
    Guild - Starchoppers - Feel free to help us in the Raids!
  • I clear GW everyday.
    You need three teams and a strategy.
    Team A: arena. My arena is zVader (l) empire. Sure, it took a while to get there, but you should have a good arena team no matter your level.
    Team B: maybe your last squad team that kicked butt. Mine is a WiggsdoleiaSthan. (You need this team to defeat the emperor and to advance in arena, so get it.)
    Team C: your best remaining with a synergy or at least a good leader ability. Mine is Phasma (l) and a bunch of DPS and combo like GS, Rey, QGJ.

Node 3, 6, 9, 11, and 12 are the hard ones. But don't waste your best squads on 3, 6, or 9.

N1- Team B. Make sure specials are off cool down at end of battle.
    N2 - Team A. This is an easier node than 1. Don't use any specials.
    N3-8/9 - Team C. Get as far as you can with your worst squad. Try to let specials cool down on n5. The further you can get, the better. If you are losing toons, substitute with weaker ones; don't poach team A or B.
    N9-11 - Team B. If you can't get past n9 with Team B, you're going to have problems. Let specials cool down in n10.
    N11-12 - The goal is to be doing at least some damage with Team B in n11. Sometimes I can beat GW with only Team C and B. Hopefully you can get to 12 with team B and let the last enemy squad blow their specials on your Team B. Sometimes you have to bring in Team A in node 11. If so, try not to use specials if possible.

If you don't have three good teams, you won't complete GW for a while. Some say they can solo with a droid team; I never tried and don't have my droids maxed yet. I have not always completed GW everyday, and I still can't auto through it, even though all my toons are modded and g10-11. There were times when I would only beat it once a weak. You have to look at your characters and systematically design teams. It took me 10 months to hit the 150 mark. Since then, I've won nearly every time.
  • I auto gw everyday, except Tuesday, but twice on wed. Same team every node. EP (L), Vader, Tfp, BF, Shore. All 85, g9. Vader is 6*, shore is 3*. Very rarely have problems although I may lose Shore every now and again on 11 or 12.
  • I clear it daily. Have since it became available to me. The key was to get good healing toons. JC, Lumi started me out. Now I'm maxed droid, JE (but I've played for awhile).
  • Boo wrote: »
    spotremix wrote: »
    i haven't lost galaxy war in so long i can't remember. i have zero zeta's ad well.

Give it time - I've hit a wall again in GW.

Last node today was:

General Kenobi (L)
    Chirrut
    Baze
    Kylo
    Barris (with zeta unique heal)
    Overal power of the team was over 52k

I had a full sith team (with EP lead & vader, Kylo, maul & sidious),
    Jedi Team (Ani lead, QGJ, Yoda, Ahsoka & Mace)
    3rd team(Phasma lead, Leia, RG, Daka & Ventress)

Got totally annihilated - barely made a dent - did some damage on their protection but that was it due to constant taunts and barris' heal.

Where is the strategy in this game????

For the Chaze + GK + zBarriss combo - most any you see - you want to use the DN leader with Sith (if he's geared and modded he's great at 3*). The no-crit leader portion and the health steal wears those 4 down very reliably. Barriss becomes a non-factor on the team and with her weak hitting she's pretty laughable as an enemy. GK's auto taunt is also negated - 2 huge factors in that squad. EP seems to be broken in that he can still "crit"; I think it's something broken with his shock bonus damage against Jedi / Reberls. You can use annihilate on Chirrut / Baze. The damage done by Chaze + GK +zBarriss (not a high DPS squad) doesn't overcome the health steal that DN gives - even at just 100% not counting the zeta on his leader. I know this GK + zBarriss + Chaze squad was a showstopper for many people in GW when it came around...but CG gave away a hard counter that looks specifically made for defeating that team in DN. Run him with Sid/DV/EP/Dooku/Savage...and even the 3* Trooper / SA if geared well can be fine. Maul I think is optimal with Daze, but others can work.
  • Haxthar
    156 posts Member
    *disclaimer* this is a moaning thread
    I know it's supposed to be challenging, I know you're supposed to gear up not level up, but node 12 gimme a break will ya? 'Oh you've just run a marathon, here, run a 40 yard dash please'
    It comes in waves I've found. Last three node 12(s) GK lead Jedi squad. Zader and co. Zaul and Co. teams that wouldn't even be in my radar in arena. Ok rant over.
  • I have to deal with a Zeta ability everyday and see General Kenobi just about every other day. I don't have a zeta ability character and my guild struggles to clear normal tank raid in about a week.
  • Haxthar
    156 posts Member
    jabo5886 wrote: »
    I have to deal with a Zeta ability everyday and see General Kenobi just about every other day. I don't have a zeta ability character and my guild struggles to clear normal tank raid in about a week.

Exactly the same here re my guild. I debate every other week whether to flock for greener pastures
  • Athusk
    348 posts Member
    Something that I do use:
    Use my A team in the first node to gain TM and save A team for node 12.
    Use B, team from nodes 2-11(sometimes 2-10 depending on difficulty of nodes)
  • Marko79
    34 posts Member
    my node 12 yesterday consisted of Zeta Maul, Baze, Kenobi, Palpatine and Vadar

Could not even break through Baze protection before Palp shocked everyone and Maul whiped everyone out.
  • Athusk
    348 posts Member
    Marko79 wrote: »
    my node 12 yesterday consisted of Zeta Maul, Baze, Kenobi, Palpatine and Vadar

Could not even break through Baze protection before Palp shocked everyone and Maul whiped everyone out.

I've faced a zMaul lead before you'll definitely need B2 and a fast EP for the aoe stun.
  • Pallax
    16 posts Member
    It's starting to cross the barrier again, having way too many synergy opponent teams starting very early. My node 9 is what my 12 used to be. 10 used to be a short breather to gather your cooldowns... my table went from being an enjoyable strategy of teams for 25 mins to playing the rng retreat game for an hour. It gets a bit excessive even with an ample roster
  • Here's a tip, don't make the last node incredibly difficult to pass. It's ridiculous on how incredibly difficult and in some cases, extremely impossible, to clear the last node. So much that it wears down on my replay value of this game. Not to mention the stupid large level spread..
  • I have only completed the last node once in the past six months or longer. On Monday, I couldn't even get past node six!
  • Gw is fine u know something nothing perfect get use to it
  • So Boba Fett respawned 4 times in one sitting in my last GW node... wth....
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    darkjedi4z wrote: »
    So Boba Fett respawned 4 times in one sitting in my last GW node... wth....

Check unique ability description.
  • I thought the mega thread would keep people from necroposting to 6+ month old threads. But obviously not.
  • So, just putting this out there, does anyone else notice that Darth Nihilus's "Annihilate" is 100% useless in Galactic War? Since the ability starts on cool down, it starts each node with 8 turns to go! This is rediculous! Everything else carries from node to node, this ability shouldn't work like this in GW!! I haven't been allowed to use Annihillate EVEN ONCE in GW!! Didn't you devs think this through? Also, how will Annihillate work in the raids?
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    So, just putting this out there, does anyone else notice that Darth Nihilus's "Annihilate" is 100% useless in Galactic War? Since the ability starts on cool down, it starts each node with 8 turns to go! This is rediculous! Everything else carries from node to node, this ability shouldn't work like this in GW!! I haven't been allowed to use Annihillate EVEN ONCE in GW!! Didn't you devs think this through? Also, how will Annihillate work in the raids?

Q. Does shoretrooper and baze taunt at the begining of every node?
    A. Yes, because thier ability reads that they start each encounter with taunt up.

Q. Does boba Fett start at each node with bounty hunters resolve active?
    A. Yes, because his ability reads that he starts each encounter with bounty hunters resolve up.

Why the **** would nihilus be any different.
  • Numanoid
    126 posts Member
    I've gotten the same node 12 for weeks. Mr. Inrush. Vader, shore, baze, rg, and....nightsister initiate. I usually just auto it.
  • At this point, I'm only logging on to complain.
    Every time I seriously considering dropping some real money on this game, I play Galactic War and realize how truly demoralizing this game can be. Thanks, EA - you saved me some money.
  • I've got them Galactic War blues.
    Bought me some dark toons instead of dancing shoes.
    Those dark siders got danced around the floor.
    What was I thinking?

I've got them Galactic War blues.
    Wiggs gave me some things to think about.
    Clones spanked me not once, but twice I shout.
    Galactic War you've got me down.

Node 1 is about all I can do.
    Node 2 has me sweating hard.
    Node 3 must be from some other place, some other shard.

400 tokens aint doing much.
    Oh I've got them Galactic War blues.
    Node 12 I cannot even touch.

But not to fear anymore.
    I check in and I check out for my dailies.
    I have closed up my Galactic War store.
  • Thiffu
    11 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    I have no idea why do you guys complain. I understand RNG and all but i play on dec 2016 shard and i wasnt able to finish GW TWICE!
    75/77 clear:) (im not talking about zeta lvl, that is not my lvl yet)
    But i know why many of you dont succed. Its because you dont use brain. How would you explain being lvl 70 and using Jedi Consular as leader? Or how can you be lvl 60 and have no 6* toon? Or lvl 74 with g5 in arena squad? I see many similar examples in guild.
    This is sad.
    Another example of "not using brain" syndrome: few ppl here are giving the advice to use Biggs vs Zeta Barris. ****? His skill increase crit chance and = increase heal chance
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    bstngs wrote: »
    At this point, I'm only logging on to complain.
    Every time I seriously considering dropping some real money on this game, I play Galactic War and realize how truly demoralizing this game can be. Thanks, EA - you saved me some money.

GW is just an indicator how deep your roster is and what work you still have to do to be good. I also have some hard nodes as everybody, but struggling there is fun. I usually restart several times node 11 or 12, but it's fun and I also sometimes lose. It's a good test for arena.