Galactic War

Replies

• I guess so.
    I hope they also fixed the "level 44 being put up against a level 60 in round 8" issue too, or they are going to have some mighty unhappy campers on their hands.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Retreat button is still there.

You just can't retreat before the enemy team has made their first move, it's always been like that.
  • I don't see any change either
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Omg, thanks for raising my blood pressure for nothing. This would have probably been a dealkiller
  • whew. I wouldnt mind though if they fixed the level matching
  • ummm...lol...ok then! nothing to see here, move along, move along
  • CptKloss wrote: »
    ummm...lol...ok then! nothing to see here, move along, move along

"This is not the update you are looking for"

"Move along"

• Nice one @Slewfoot . I lol'd pretty hard.
  • Slewfoot wrote: »
    "This is not the update you are looking for"

"Move along"
    If we were allowed to use full-blown sigs this would be mine now. Haha. :p
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Man you had me scared for a sec there. That would ruin galactic wars.
  • These strategies only work if you got lucky and gained many different characters to throw away weakening the enemy. In my experience, I have slowly been losing 1 stage at a time. Every day I cant complete one more stage I was able to the day before. Its getting progressively worse, instead of feeling like im getting anywhere, I feel like Im standing still. I was ranked 6 in arena earlier, and I cant even clear stage 5 of war.. makes no sense to have a mechanic like this. It must be from my lack of lucky character draws??
  • I have fast attacking squad. Attack with 4. Oponent attacks with 1-2. Retreat. Come back. Repeat.
    Sid, Dooku, Leia, Ct Fives, Lumi...
    Swapping in Talia, jedi consular, asajj, boba fett, chewie... If needed throwing in some meatballs or dps (qui gon, plo, tie fighter and resistiance pilots).

Heal up guys, focus fire, replace wounded high valuable chars, remove buffs from opponent, debuffs from your guys.

And most important watch turn meters. Retreat before your last guy is about to attack.
  • Didnt think of getting all fast characters turns off then rinse repeating, good tips, will try later. I was especially irritated today for failing when im 5 shards short of obtaining luminara
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    There's a lot of strategy involved in GW. Having extra characters of course helps but it's how you use them that matters.
    I've won every GW I've done since level 40 with the exception of one, which got ruined when I hit the auto-play button instead of the gear button (causing all my guys to blow their specials at times).
    One of the most important things to do is manage your cooldowns. Unless in a very tough fight, you want to start the next fight with everyone fresh. Take advantage of low-damage tanky characters like Barriss and Chewie at the end of a fight. Also bring in a secondary healer.
    Barriss is immensely helpful as leader in GW because of all her passive healing. So I will leave her in and any of my starters who need healing or cooldowns. Others get swapped out. I will sometimes bring in Talia near the end if I need a heal before the fight ends, so Barriss and Lumi are not on cooldown for the next fight. I have even resorted to bringing in lower-level characters like my Royal Guard specifically because he does no damage and this gives more turns for my other guys to regenerate. Then in a later fight where everyone is full, I will bring Talia in at the end to regen HER cooldowns.
    None of this guarantees that you will always win. But there is indeed a lot of strategy in this mode.
    Post edited by BanthaPanda on
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Jaeger
    47 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Removed for violation of terms of service.
  • I've been waiting for almost two days for Galactic War to reset. I'm new to this level, but according to the rules it's surpose to reset every day. Could someone please explain why I'm having trouble resetting.
    James J Ziats
  • Open GW menu, bottom left corner should be a reset button.
  • AdamW
    692 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Removed for violation of terms of service.
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    AdamW wrote: »
    These strategies only work if you got lucky and gained many different characters to throw away weakening the enemy. In my experience, I have slowly been losing 1 stage at a time...
    Actually this is the smallest benefit to retreating. Even p2p don't waste resources maxing heroes they won't use in the arena.

The best benefit is the free debuffing, healing, and cooldown benefits for starting the next fight.

Chewie taunted and you got no way to debuff? Retreat.

Old Ben debuffed your Heroes to misery? Or he died and buffed his team? Retreat.

Need to refresh your cooldowns/heal before next battle? Most opponents have a low attacking tank of some type. Always leave him/Barriss to last. And if you need, put up your heroes one by one solo to refresh cooldowns including healer, then tag in squad and heal em up.
    AdamW wrote: »
    Im no pushover. I know when to use retreat to my advantage, and Im ranked 5 on my server.. So why is this difficult? I personally would like to only face people on my same server as well.
    If you know how to use retreats I just don't understand how you are starting the next battle with half HP heroes.

Who are your healers?
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • Adam, I don't know if this is accutate, but I have many level 1 players, the kind you don't want to level up, from Bronzoum and some Chromium, and I think maybe the games looks at tour average strengths. I was 52 and got a level 59. But it was doable. One ither thing I do is start GW BEFORE UPGRADING gear, xp, level or stars. I assumed that just maybe, GW enemies are defined at the beggining, and you might level a lot if you are in top 5. I kill all weaker teams and when I get that 59 or 60 team, I stop, and that's when I gear up.
  • FakeRobbo
    179 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    The rewards for GW are fair and do improve at a decent rate throughout the 12 battles with the exception of 1 chest; this of course being the final purple chest you open after beating the final team on the 4th chain of battles.
    For those who have got to the end before you will know that you get a bunch of training druids (not that special), some credits (not that special), some lower tier ability mats (not that special) and you also get 1 shard to a random character.

While this reward is okay, the sheer difficulty of GW at the moment definitely warrants this shard component to be buffed. Some days you may get lucky and find easy teams to beat throughout your 12 battles, but for most of us (especially prelaunch) players at least 10 of these battles are loaded with nothing but 7* purple gear teams each capable of wiping your entire list.

I believe you could buff the shard reward to 3 random shards or let you choose 1shard without completely breaking the reward system!

I would imagine much of the SWGOH community would agree that the rewards should match the challenge presented as with any game type, but especially GW in its current state! I'd be keen to see what the rest of you guys think of these rewards though... ☺
  • I agree I got through it yesterday after facing much stronger opponents for days. I had leveled and geared up my whole team to 5 or 6 on gear and all 4* and walked through it and at the end I felt a real letdown. Battling through all that to no big reward. I agree they need to fix this.
  • HavokTrigger
    897 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    You also get 400 tokens. You get 1/3 of the best reward from the last match.
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Agreed. This is effectively 6 shards from the last battle (5 selectable) and 16 for the whole table.

Some of the best and most farmable Heroes are available in the GW shipments, and you are overlooking the ability mats like they fall from the sky.

Not to mention that 100K in credits is very important once you are promoting and leveling characters 50 and over, it's the biggest income source per day in the GW. Did you know it costs around 3M credits to level and promote a Hero to 7★ level 60?

The total awards per day on GW far outweighs every table.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • Keaven wrote: »
    Agreed. This is effectively 6 shards from the last battle (5 selectable) and 16 for the whole table.

Some of the best and most farmable Heroes are available in the GW shipments, and you are overlooking the ability mats like they fall from the sky.

Not to mention that 100K in credits is very important once you are promoting and leveling characters 50 and over, it's the biggest income source per day in the GW. Did you know it costs around 3M credits to level and promote a Hero to 7★ level 60?

The total awards per day on GW far outweighs every table.

Oh yeah sorry I forgot about the tokens, which are valuable but there is very limited uses for them unless you want to waste them on mediocre characters. I'm now to the point where I have 16k tokens from GW and nothing worthwhile to spend them on as I've bought out everything useful.
    @Keaven I did know that, and I agree credits are incredibly important from GW but specifically from the final chest the credits from the first 11 chests outweigh the last. Also if you play everyday you get way more mk 1 and 2 ability mats compared to mk 3 leaving me with 300 mk 1 and 150 spare mk 2... So I would say they they are easy to obtain.
    So this brings me back to the point of this post, the end reward shard you obtain starts being by far the most valuable reward from GW and there are ways I think it would made more rewarding considering the difficulty of GW for most people.
  • For how many days the Galatic wars will be restarted??
  • You can restart it every day. In the bottom left corner of GW menu is a button "Restart". Use it to reset GW once per day.
  • Do you get new characters to pick from or just refreshing the ones they are already showing? It's 50 crystals. thanks!

Known as íN Quartus Ω in the game
    Member of Team Instinct
  • HavokTrigger
    897 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    It just refreshes the one you bought, allowing you to buy them again.
  • Thanks - does the list ever change as you go on?

Known as íN Quartus Ω in the game
    Member of Team Instinct