Zeta Kylo Ren Phase 1 HAAT solo run Explained

Replies

• Apophis
    20 posts Member
    Ive noticed guilds have been doing kylo solo p1 and jedi in phase 3. Any suggestions on how to run jedi in phase 3 now?
  • SirLoki
    73 posts Member
    Yeah it helps a lot to chip away at p3. IGD lead helps but any solid Jedi squad that was slated for p1 can slide in to p3.

Apophis wrote: »
    Ive noticed guilds have been doing kylo solo p1 and jedi in phase 3. Any suggestions on how to run jedi in phase 3 now?

• Ploosh
    565 posts Member
    SirLoki wrote: »
    I start escaping after the enrage cooldown gets to 5 (the skull icon with the timer) hopefully he gets out. If not then I force quit the game and re enter and try again. I had good RNG but yes sometimes it takes multiple attempts to escape.

Ploosh wrote: »
    Oh wow thanks for the video. This could benefit my guild huge. We haven't been able to get to HAAT yet, but with this we could probably beat it.

Couple questions that are probs obvious but I don't have much experience with retreating so I'll ask anyway.

Each time, were you making multiple attempts to retreat? Since it's only 40% chance of success? It seemed like you got it first try each time.

Also, your health seemed to increase after a retreat? Or was that from using Kylos ability? I haven't used Kylo yet, so I wasn't sure if he just had protection gain or if he was gaining health too.

Thanks! And sorry if these are super obvious answers. Just trying to learn.

Okay that was super helpful, thanks. However, if you just force quit the game, wouldn't that just kill Kylo so he couldn't be used the rest of the raid?
  • Ploosh wrote: »
    SirLoki wrote: »
    I start escaping after the enrage cooldown gets to 5 (the skull icon with the timer) hopefully he gets out. If not then I force quit the game and re enter and try again. I had good RNG but yes sometimes it takes multiple attempts to escape.

Ploosh wrote: »
    Oh wow thanks for the video. This could benefit my guild huge. We haven't been able to get to HAAT yet, but with this we could probably beat it.

Couple questions that are probs obvious but I don't have much experience with retreating so I'll ask anyway.

Each time, were you making multiple attempts to retreat? Since it's only 40% chance of success? It seemed like you got it first try each time.

Also, your health seemed to increase after a retreat? Or was that from using Kylos ability? I haven't used Kylo yet, so I wasn't sure if he just had protection gain or if he was gaining health too.

Thanks! And sorry if these are super obvious answers. Just trying to learn.

Okay that was super helpful, thanks. However, if you just force quit the game, wouldn't that just kill Kylo so he couldn't be used the rest of the raid?

If you force quit, or retreat, it's as if the battle never happened. Escape allows you to record your score, and keep the character for future attempts
  • mlb1399
    674 posts Member
    Supercat wrote: »
    mlb1399 wrote: »
    mlb1399 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    I have zKylo and it's pretty easy to solo P1

love it!

There must be something that I'm missing because after a certain number of retreats you have to wait for the reset.

Do you let Grievous go into enrage and just keep battling?

Thanks!

Watch the video....

I have which is why I posted the question that I'm missing something.

It has to be HAAT because you get unlimited squads

Thank you!!

• Has anyone else done this. If so how long does it usually take with one person soloing. I know the video said an hour in half. Is the what others are experiencing?
  • I spent 1.5 hours, my RNG on getting debuffed by the magnaguards was terrible, they were taunting heaps.

Then escape would fail 5 times in a row.

Then I'd be half a sec too late to turn auto off, AI would use Kylo's AOE, B2 inflicted ability block.

My average score was 130k on a good run, as low as 50k on a bad run.

Overall did 1.4 million but **** it was tedious.
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    Can a dev please confirm if its gonna be fixed?! I don't want this "no talking" and then suddenly a nerf in future update!! -_-

SAY SOMETHING!!! And not just some random dude who dosen't know a thing please :)

Fixed? Nothing is broken - everything is WAI.

If they are gonna change the cooldown reset of escape..

Are they okay with Kylo soloing P1? I don't have a problem with it but I just don't want to use zetas if they are gonna change his kit or something

Technically with really bad RNG you won't be able to solo P1 and he might die before you can actually get him out ;) It's POSSIBLE to do it, but its not like he will be able to EVERY TIME ;)
  • Every time he was about to die / at risk of dying force close the app and reload.

So I would in fact say he will be able to do it every time.

Time is the key factor, as guilds get stronger kylos 80-120k DMG every 5 mins will be scaled back more and more until the guild is downing p1 in 10/15 mins.

So no doesn't need a nerf, it will nerf itself as time goes on.
  • That guild name is awesome!
  • Shaunyvee wrote: »
    Every time he was about to die / at risk of dying force close the app and reload.

So I would in fact say he will be able to do it every time.

Time is the key factor, as guilds get stronger kylos 80-120k DMG every 5 mins will be scaled back more and more until the guild is downing p1 in 10/15 mins.

So no doesn't need a nerf, it will nerf itself as time goes on.

• Isnt it likely that the devs will fix this? Its a glitch. Surely they wont allow this to keep going. It will make every guild able to do haat
  • c3pe0n
    120 posts Member
    Goober1_ wrote: »
    Isnt it likely that the devs will fix this? Its a glitch. Surely they wont allow this to keep going. It will make every guild able to do haat

It is not a glitch...its WAI...Escape is technically an ability added to every character within the raid. If a character can reset cooldown of all abilities this includes escape. Lando has worked the same way since day one...even before the tank raid...Escape can also be prevented by ability block debuff. This is working completely normal and will not be changed.
  • c3pe0n wrote: »
    Isnt it likely that the devs will fix this? Its a glitch. Surely they wont allow this to keep going. It will make every guild able to do haat

It is not a glitch...its WAI...Escape is technically an ability added to every character within the raid. If a character can reset cooldown of all abilities this includes escape. Lando has worked the same way since day one...even before the tank raid...Escape can also be prevented by ability block debuff. This is working completely normal and will not be changed.

And I'm sure most people thought healing immunity would ever affect protection gain. Not sure telling people it will never change is wise, you have no real idea what the developers will or won't do.
  • Lossberg
    457 posts Member

I don't think there's a real reason to change it. P1 is not hard compared to P2/P3. Soloing P1 will not help to beat HAAT if guild is not strong enough for p2-p4. And even if for certain guild solo zylo will really matter it will mean that they are very close to beating haat without it - solid jedi team can do much more than 2% of p1.
  • Lossberg wrote: »

I don't think there's a real reason to change it. P1 is not hard compared to P2/P3. Soloing P1 will not help to beat HAAT if guild is not strong enough for p2-p4. And even if for certain guild solo zylo will really matter it will mean that they are very close to beating haat without it - solid jedi team can do much more than 2% of p1.

Having 1 toon out of an entire guild solo P1 is huge, those Jedi can all be thrown at any other stage you're weak at. Say each team does an easy 250k P2-4 and you have 40 Jedi teams, that's 10m at a stage you're weak at.
  • Lossberg
    457 posts Member
    Lossberg wrote: »

Having 1 toon out of an entire guild solo P1 is huge, those Jedi can all be thrown at any other stage you're weak at. Say each team does an easy 250k P2-4 and you have 40 Jedi teams, that's 10m at a stage you're weak at.

True, but jedi don't do so much dmg in p2-p4. Also you don't need 40 jedi teams for p1. My jedi managed around 9% without yoda. With some polishing it can be 10+% I believe. And in p2 they can do 200-250k (less in p3-p4) - So 10 teams like this is 2m. Which is good but not huge. Also p1 seems to be a best phase to use different junk toons of g8-g9.
  • Lossberg wrote: »

True, but jedi don't do so much dmg in p2-p4. Also you don't need 40 jedi teams for p1. My jedi managed around 9% without yoda. With some polishing it can be 10+% I believe. And in p2 they can do 200-250k (less in p3-p4) - So 10 teams like this is 2m. Which is good but not huge. Also p1 seems to be a best phase to use different junk toons of g8-g9.

I have meh Jedi other than JKA, I doubt I could do 2% in P1 but do 275k regularly on P4 with mediocre mods. It's possible I'm doing P1 wrong, I hate it and don't like Jedi. My friend w a Jedi arena team does something like 450k on other phases. You just don't send them in first and you don't topple.
  • Lossberg
    457 posts Member

I have meh Jedi other than JKA, I doubt I could do 2% in P1 but do 275k regularly on P4 with mediocre mods. It's possible I'm doing P1 wrong, I hate it and don't like Jedi. My friend w a Jedi arena team does something like 450k on other phases. You just don't send them in first and you don't topple.

Maybe that is true for your jedi. Also if they are not geared enough they will die to fast to do even 2%. Last raid I made it till enrage of GG. I never tried to topple tank in p2, but never could do more than 250k in p2 and maybe 150k in p3. Maybe I should try again with different strategy, idk.

• Does kylo still solo phase 1?
  • can show us picture of mods on kylo ?
  • Does kylo still solo phase 1?

Yes.
  • Osisiv
    172 posts Member
    ddlooping2 wrote: »
    Thanks for posting this, @SirLoki. :)
    The fact that resetting his cooldowns also resets the escape button might not be intentional nor known (well, it will be now I guess) by the devs. In which case I doubt very much it'll stay that way. :/

If that's the case the ability to escape shouldn't be blocked with a debuff.
  • SirLoki
    73 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    can show us picture of mods on kylo ?

IMG_6278.png

This is the way I mod him lots of offense and CD

• SirLoki wrote: »
    can show us picture of mods on kylo ?

IMG_6278.png

This is the way I mod him lots of offense and CD

32% CC? :#

• 32% CC? :#

Yeah I don't worry about it too much he hits hard enough even without crits and his protection still goes up considerably.
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    yes hes stil soloable
    LviKC6S.jpg
    my best run so far
    retreat at turn 5
    trick is to let kylo get to yellow then outrage your way back up...
  • SirLoki wrote: »

32% CC? :#

Yeah I don't worry about it too much he hits hard enough even without crits and his protection still goes up considerably.

So, do offense sets? CD isn't going to help you.