Poe Dameron balancing

Replies

• Add something. A skill that reduces damage for two turns. Or a character that does the same.

Stop taking things away.
  • Starwars96 wrote: »
    So what's going to happen is once they release the arena update people with poe are going to be targeting people without poe and you'll be kicked way the heck back without him. So it's get poe or die?

Yep. Pretty much.

Now to finally update my 3* poe
  • Anyway squad is going to become a lot more frustrating with my below average squad lol
  • Starwars96 wrote: »
    Anyway squad is going to become a lot more frustrating with my below average squad lol

And more boring too.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Poe can be countered. Just saying!
  • Sixplicit wrote: »
    Poe can be countered. Just saying!

Thanks for that.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Anubis
    200 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Starwars96 wrote: »
    Anyway squad is going to become a lot more frustrating with my below average squad lol
    My test account is going to have a hard time, since it is spread so thin amongst so many characters. On the other hand, I can take full advantage of having a deep (if undergeared) bench when evaluating my opponents.
    And more boring too.
    Oh, I wouldn't go that far. It will be interesting to plan out who you will use beforehand, and hopefully I can use more of my characters in Arena.

Edit: Removed rogue brace that was left over from quotation edit
  • I'm fine with the Poe nerfs. He was a little strong, but not broken as some people make it out to be. However, if nerfed further, I'd like 230 cantina shards back. Hearthstone and other games offer full compensation for balance changes, and I think this is something smart to put on the product roadmap to keep both sides happy.

But, good work with the recent patch notes. Overall I'm very happy with the changes, and am glad you are making slow balancing changes to see if further balancing is required.
  • after Barrisgate they won't nerf anyone hard. they will lose lots of $$$$$$ just refunds of that force awakens package that costed $99.99
  • J7000 wrote: »
    I don't even care what you guys nerf anymore.. Team Nerf is just gonna push and push until they get what they want. The fact that the devs are nerfing Poe AND have announced they will nerf again still isn't good enough for these clowns. Do what you wish. Buffing is so much more interesting and creative imo. Keep caving to forum rage and well, good luck. Long live Bariss.

Buffing would be more fun and creative but it seems CG don't even believe in (or EA won't allocate funds?) having in house testing. This would save oceans of time in balancing when doing any nerf/buff moves obviously , but it seems the players are the testers so it would be too much of a risk for any sort of (major) buffing in the live product, unfortunate as it is.

End result, get some testers to test stuff in private, history shows this works, he'll, you could most likely filter the "more honest" posters on here and offer (un)paid work. You would probably make more sales since more happier people with a better (balanced) product for it's respective product, the heroes in fights.

Happy to be corrected but it seems from various comments from official people that there is no in house testing in a private environment before release rather than "juet" the developers theory crafting and possible small playing of goh.

• Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Starwars96 wrote: »
    So what's going to happen is once they release the arena update people with poe are going to be targeting people without poe and you'll be kicked way the heck back without him. So it's get poe or die?

Close, but not perfectly accurate.
    People with Poe is going to target people without Poe, and people without Poe is going to target people without Poe too. Well, that's until everybody in your target bracket has Poe
  • EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Greetings heroes,

We wanted to take a few moments to talk to you about a very hot topic here on the forums, Poe Dameron.

There have been numerous posts about this character and how our recent changes aren’t enough and that he will still be “OP”. We are reading each and every one of your posts, so know that you are being heard.

As you saw in the update notes, we are making some balance changes to Poe Dameron as a first step. We will continue to monitor how Poe performs in squads after the update, and if needed we will make additional changes. We’re taking an approach of slowly adjusting characters if we feel they are too powerful instead of making changes that may be too drastic.

@EA_Jesse

Can we please stop giving in to the whiners? I spent money on Barriss, whining got her nerfed. I spent time and money on Poe, he got "balanced" now they want more. Every time you give into the whining you endorse it. For crying out loud you diminished him as requested, yet they still want more. It was not enough for them. Post after post after post complaining. If you look at it though it it a very small % of posters complaining they just create post after post and bring it onto posts not even pertaining to it.

I had to message a MOD here to close a post I made thanking you guys for the communication, the Red card and such because the same few that complain no matter what you do went there and started bringing toxicity to my positive post.

Look I hate the cookie cutter builds Poe forces as much as the next. Yes Poe makes a team much better. Yes your BEST(not only) option to counter Poe is Poe. I will not say those things are not so, they are. To balance him put him to 142 speed make him turn 8 is what you all should have done. If you do that now though you need to put everything else back as was or else he has been severely weakened. You mentioned making less things in his gearing. Do we who already had to put all that work in get anything back to compensate for our loss? Sure we got to use him as was, but we may not have focused so much on him as he will be. Others now get the choice to, we do not.

Jesse though guess what? Soon as these folks who are whining on Poe start seeing a geared up Rey that is Turn 7 and can obliterate any toon in 1 hit they will flood the forum again whining about cookie cutter Rey builds. Rey is just slower to farm, but once a lot have her, same thing. You can't make them happy. They will always have an OP toon to complain about because flooding the forum with complaints is easier than putting in the time, effort and work to strategize and grind for toons. So much easier to wait until really good ones are found, then get the pitchforks out and call for a nerfing at the stake.

Look I hate to talk about P2P vs F2P but Jesse I spend a lot of money on this game and I'm tired of spending it to gear up toons with good kits only to have them nerfed because of people whining. I'm sure others who put in money to do the same are tired of their money being wasted when that toon is "balanced" due to whining. Go back to Barriss. I spent $50 on the pack, sure there was more in it. Ventress, bugged and too slow too low HP not viable in arena. Tano, same minus the bugs. I geared her up and spent far more than 500 crystals to do so, plus my cash investment. She was nerfed to whining, my money, in my opinion, wasted as what I paid for was changed. I paid for a Wagu, but what I ended up being served was Choice. Still good, but not what I paid for. I spent a ton of crystals gearing Poe up fast to stay competative. If he gets nerfed even more how can I ever justify spending on this game? F2P are important to the game, P2P are essential though as EA/CG is for profit. You keep nerfing whenever people complain and many of us will not see the point in spending money. Nerf me once shame on you, nerf me twice, shame on me, a third will not happen. I'm growing tired of spending time, energy, and money to build only to have it destroyed by whiners getting their way. As I said in other threads if you don't like it take your ball and go home. Much more pandering to the whiners that causes my time and money to have been wasted I'll be taking my own advice and taking my ball, and cash, and going home.

By giving into the complainers you give them more power. Nerf Poe again Jesse. Wait and watch in a month, maybe less, it will be another toon being called to the nerf poll.

I had my $800 Secura 1 hit by Rey before she went. Can we nerf Rey please? She is too fast for her output. Leia triple shot me first turn and killed my Lumi. Please nerf her. I couldn't kill FOTP and his near 14k health and he killed my team. Can we nerf him? Geo 1 hit my Sid first turn nerf him. Where does it end Jesse?

Sorry to be negative I'm not attacking anyone here. I'm just sick of the whining. I spend money here, a decent amount and I'm sick and tired of seeing my investment damaged because people have nothing better to do than flood the forum with complaints about unfair toons and them getting downgraded. Barriss heal was beatable, Poe beatable. Nerf unbeatable. The new meta will soon be complain about a toon you can't beat or hate facing until they are nerfed,lol.

Now just so this is not a problem only post here is a solution. You nerf a toon who someone spent money on leveling(yes I know you can check that on accounts) You give the effected player a choice of 1/2 the crystals they spent doing the shard grinding and gear grinding and they keep the toon as is, or a full crystal refund to gear and grind the toon from activation in return for that toon going back to activation level. It is unfair to gear someone only to have them nerfed due to whining.

Ok rant over bring on the hate I'm sure to get here and I wager I know some of who will come at me for this,lol.

I agree,

I also like to spend money on this game. If you start nerfing and damage the characters us spenders have come to spend actual money and time on, I'd be furious. You guys nerfed bariss, literally taken her out of my pvp group, another nerf and I can't trust in this game anymore. You'll literally destroy your selling point for this game.
  • So what do you guys think about the middle east refugee crisis? I'll see myself out.
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • Anyone think a squad of 7* luminara 6* sideus 6* phasma 5* consular and 5* ren can beat a poe squad? Me either lol
  • jeremyj26 wrote: »
    So what do you guys think about the middle east refugee crisis? I'll see myself out.
    Would you perchance be insinuating that we care too much about this game? B)
  • Triqui wrote: »
    Triqui wrote: »
    reizse wrote: »
    TBH with you guys...if you make poe unusable (whether by removing his TM reduction or lowering his speed), you will quickly see the real problem behind him...it's been said a thousand times. speed + dmg in disproportionate quantities in comparison to health and defense. poe is just the icing. i've said it before, i don't care if poe gets nerfed or not. he's not part of my arena line up (lvl 27, gear 2 used in the INT challenge only). i may be a masochist when i say this..but i kind of enjoy fighting poe teams even if the chance to lose is really high.

whatever.
    poe was usable, and used, before he was turn 7, with the lvl 60 cap. He was just less dominant because there was people who acted consistently before him.

Poe at 142 speed will be useful, and used. Maybe not omnipresent as he is now, but Han is not omnipresent either, and he is not useless.

Poe at 143 speed, but without turn meter steal, will be useful as a early taunter that protect squishier targets. He just will not be able to warp time and space and make his whole team act before the enemy blinks.

I'm farmng Poe right now. I have no problems to join the meta and play like everybody else. He is easy to farm, that's not an issue. But his ability is problematic. FOO will be problematic in the future. Time manipulation so early in the game is not a good design. It leads to all kind of broken possibilities and it opens the door to turn 1 winning combos. And turn 1 winning combos are a bad thing.

Turn 1 winning combos are ensures by having ALL turn 7 chars.
    No. Because if you have turn 7 chars, and I have turn 7 chars, barring very bad outcomes of RNG, we are going to act intermittently. You act, I act, you act, I act. Your Geo goes first, then my Gunray, then your Rey, then my Dooku, and so on.
    If you have Poe, and he acts first, you push a button, then you go to play alone for 30 seconds, doing *at least* five actions before I blink. Could be more if some of those can get extra turn meter themselves.
    The ONLY reason some people bring other chars like Droids for example, is because they have a chance to sometimes win. If you delete Poe turn 7, it's all turn 7 wars.
    Then keep him turn 7. But remove the turn manipulation. He can go turn 7, taunt, and protect other chars with his taunt. But at least give the other side the opportunity to act, push some buttons, react, and maybe PLAY. Dunno, like using a dispel to counter that taunt, using offense down to reduce incoming damage, or AOE to bypass the taunt, or whatever.

Currently it doesn't happen that way. Poe acts, push a button, summon a time bubble, wreaks the continuum of space-time, and his whole team act while the enemy is paralized in stasis.

Tou are making the same point that I do' that Arena is a battle for turn 7 (and you don't like that Poe can bring a fee fellows to turn 7). Where I fight Poe easiky dies before taunting, or if he tounts first absorves 2 shots and is dead.

All this nonsense is Poe brings a fee char to the "equivalent" to turn 7. Which nothing if the enemy has all turn 7...they all get rng into who goes first. But poe has 20% of his turn meter effect coming first in these turn 7 teams

• EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Greetings heroes,

We wanted to take a few moments to talk to you about a very hot topic here on the forums, Poe Dameron.

There have been numerous posts about this character and how our recent changes aren’t enough and that he will still be “OP”. We are reading each and every one of your posts, so know that you are being heard.

As you saw in the update notes, we are making some balance changes to Poe Dameron as a first step. We will continue to monitor how Poe performs in squads after the update, and if needed we will make additional changes. We’re taking an approach of slowly adjusting characters if we feel they are too powerful instead of making changes that may be too drastic.

@EA_Jesse

Can we please stop giving in to the whiners? I spent money on Barriss, whining got her nerfed. I spent time and money on Poe, he got "balanced" now they want more. Every time you give into the whining you endorse it. For crying out loud you diminished him as requested, yet they still want more. It was not enough for them. Post after post after post complaining. If you look at it though it it a very small % of posters complaining they just create post after post and bring it onto posts not even pertaining to it.

I had to message a MOD here to close a post I made thanking you guys for the communication, the Red card and such because the same few that complain no matter what you do went there and started bringing toxicity to my positive post.

Look I hate the cookie cutter builds Poe forces as much as the next. Yes Poe makes a team much better. Yes your BEST(not only) option to counter Poe is Poe. I will not say those things are not so, they are. To balance him put him to 142 speed make him turn 8 is what you all should have done. If you do that now though you need to put everything else back as was or else he has been severely weakened. You mentioned making less things in his gearing. Do we who already had to put all that work in get anything back to compensate for our loss? Sure we got to use him as was, but we may not have focused so much on him as he will be. Others now get the choice to, we do not.

Jesse though guess what? Soon as these folks who are whining on Poe start seeing a geared up Rey that is Turn 7 and can obliterate any toon in 1 hit they will flood the forum again whining about cookie cutter Rey builds. Rey is just slower to farm, but once a lot have her, same thing. You can't make them happy. They will always have an OP toon to complain about because flooding the forum with complaints is easier than putting in the time, effort and work to strategize and grind for toons. So much easier to wait until really good ones are found, then get the pitchforks out and call for a nerfing at the stake.

Look I hate to talk about P2P vs F2P but Jesse I spend a lot of money on this game and I'm tired of spending it to gear up toons with good kits only to have them nerfed because of people whining. I'm sure others who put in money to do the same are tired of their money being wasted when that toon is "balanced" due to whining. Go back to Barriss. I spent $50 on the pack, sure there was more in it. Ventress, bugged and too slow too low HP not viable in arena. Tano, same minus the bugs. I geared her up and spent far more than 500 crystals to do so, plus my cash investment. She was nerfed to whining, my money, in my opinion, wasted as what I paid for was changed. I paid for a Wagu, but what I ended up being served was Choice. Still good, but not what I paid for. I spent a ton of crystals gearing Poe up fast to stay competative. If he gets nerfed even more how can I ever justify spending on this game? F2P are important to the game, P2P are essential though as EA/CG is for profit. You keep nerfing whenever people complain and many of us will not see the point in spending money. Nerf me once shame on you, nerf me twice, shame on me, a third will not happen. I'm growing tired of spending time, energy, and money to build only to have it destroyed by whiners getting their way. As I said in other threads if you don't like it take your ball and go home. Much more pandering to the whiners that causes my time and money to have been wasted I'll be taking my own advice and taking my ball, and cash, and going home.

By giving into the complainers you give them more power. Nerf Poe again Jesse. Wait and watch in a month, maybe less, it will be another toon being called to the nerf poll.

I had my $800 Secura 1 hit by Rey before she went. Can we nerf Rey please? She is too fast for her output. Leia triple shot me first turn and killed my Lumi. Please nerf her. I couldn't kill FOTP and his near 14k health and he killed my team. Can we nerf him? Geo 1 hit my Sid first turn nerf him. Where does it end Jesse?

Sorry to be negative I'm not attacking anyone here. I'm just sick of the whining. I spend money here, a decent amount and I'm sick and tired of seeing my investment damaged because people have nothing better to do than flood the forum with complaints about unfair toons and them getting downgraded. Barriss heal was beatable, Poe beatable. Nerf unbeatable. The new meta will soon be complain about a toon you can't beat or hate facing until they are nerfed,lol.

Now just so this is not a problem only post here is a solution. You nerf a toon who someone spent money on leveling(yes I know you can check that on accounts) You give the effected player a choice of 1/2 the crystals they spent doing the shard grinding and gear grinding and they keep the toon as is, or a full crystal refund to gear and grind the toon from activation in return for that toon going back to activation level. It is unfair to gear someone only to have them nerfed due to whining.

Ok rant over bring on the hate I'm sure to get here and I wager I know some of who will come at me for this,lol.

Why build someone that many people are complaining about being op. What do you think would happen when you see so many post about nerf poe or anyone for that matter. There are plenty of people that you could of built instead of poe. Maybe next time stay out of the meta because majority of meta characters will eventually be "balanced"
  • Kwynne4444 wrote: »
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Greetings heroes,

@EA_Jesse

Why build someone that many people are complaining about being op. What do you think would happen when you see so many post about nerf poe or anyone for that matter. There are plenty of people that you could of built instead of poe. Maybe next time stay out of the meta because majority of meta characters will eventually be "balanced"

That statement... I can't find the words. It's so insane.
  • @DarthMasterShawn I agree so much with your post on so many levels. Something to think about though with this statement.

"Now just so this is not a problem only post here is a solution. You nerf a toon who someone spent money on leveling(yes I know you can check that on accounts) You give the effected player a choice of 1/2 the crystals they spent doing the shard grinding and gear grinding and they keep the toon as is, or a full crystal refund to gear and grind the toon from activation in return for that toon going back to activation level. It is unfair to gear someone only to have them nerfed due to whining"

When you talk about getting crystals back are u taking into consideration the crystals and arena points you earned while using this character. To me that is the part that bothers me. I see the same 5 ppl get top 5 every night and that is like free crystals. Let's say you spent $300 in crystals to power lvl him (~48k crystals). Literally have seen the same person finish number 1 90% of the time in my bracket. That is ~15k crystals/ month. To be fair, prior to poe this person ranked #1 50-60% of the time. It's mainly they have the precision timing and crystal refresh down to science more so than op toons now that others have caught up to character lvl and such.
  • Kwynne4444
    161 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    MenaceTEC wrote: »
    Kwynne4444 wrote: »
    Greetings heroes,

@EA_Jesse

There are plenty of characters and alot of combinations... you do not need to stick to meta. When alot of people want a nerf or complain about a nerf its most likely going to happen. You see it in every game
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    It's a curious argument that one about money spent into the game. Poe is free to play. He (or current meta, or whoever you want to blame) render useless other chars that are chromium only. Plenty of other people who also pay to play the game (like myself), don't use Poe (or haven't, until now. Will do in the future).

Also find a bit futile to present fallacies of false dichotomies: "as barris was overnerfed, nothing should be nerfed, ever". It's perfectly possible that Barris ability to heal through Sid's heal block did not warrant the nerf she got (can't say, didn't play her before nerf), and Poe's ability to manipulate turn at 143 warrants a nerf. Because, you know, they are two different skills that affect the game in two completely different ways.
    Greetings heroes,

@EA_Jesse

There are plenty of characters and alot of combinations... you do not need to stick to meta. When alot of people want a nerf or complain about a nerf its most likely going to happen.

I have 3 chars at very high levels that got "fixes" or "nerfs". Poe, Phasma and FOTP. Why not neft Sid? Rey? QGJ? FOO? GS? If You see at the very high end what is happening, that's how things are goong to be for everyone else in a month.

If only the devs could do a Montecarlo simulation of chars outcomes, and then not nerf - except when a combi has no realistic counters.
  • Fabzorz wrote: »
    Guys seriously Poe isn't the problem. It is the damage output of a handful of toons. If you use Poe with the DPS characters that do 'normal' amounts of damage the battles are actually pretty fun and rewarding. It even allows for healers to actually you know.. have someone to actually heal and be useful.

If you remove Poe, nerf him into the ground, you will still be complaining about Squad Arena and the lack of diversity. Instead of the Poe pay team you will see him replaced by Rey. You will fight vs: Phasma(L)/Sid(L), Geo, QGJ, Rey. They will still be killing 1-2 people on your squad in the first segment of turns. You like to think that you can fight back, but if you are using the other attackers that hit for 3.5-4k you will need to act 2-3 times in a row in order to kill one of them. And if Phasma RNG's her Victory March ability over Fusillade they will get extra turns in between yours. They need to balance the attackers so the handful don't so outclass the others by such a large margin.

Team #nerfdamage
    Star Wars: Galaxy of Supporting Cast Members
  • Yep changes nothing in the meta

Best team will be

Phasma/ Sid lead
    Lea
    FOTP
    Geo

Mix in Rey or whoever slight variation. Poe is just the sacrificial lamb.
    Greetings heroes,

@EA_Jesse

There are plenty of characters and alot of combinations... you do not need to stick to meta. When alot of people want a nerf or complain about a nerf its most likely going to happen.

I have 3 chars at very high levels that got "fixes" or "nerfs". Poe, Phasma and FOTP. Why not neft Sid? Rey? QGJ? FOO? GS? If You see at the very high end what is happening, that's how things are goong to be for everyone else in a month.

If only the devs could do a Montecarlo simulation of chars outcomes, and then not nerf - except when a combi has no realistic counters.

I don't know why you are bringing up FOTP. His bugs have been a known issue for a while and the dev team has said they plan on fixing him. Pro tip: He is still really really strong.
    Star Wars: Galaxy of Supporting Cast Members
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member

All this nonsense is Poe brings a fee char to the "equivalent" to turn 7. Which nothing if the enemy has all turn 7...they all get rng into who goes first. But poe has 20% of his turn meter effect coming first in these turn 7 teams
    In part, but not exactly.
    If it was only that he bring other chars to turn 7, then we will both have chars in turn 7, randomly doing actions (you act, I act, you act, I act). That's not what happens. What happens is it makes all your toons turn 9 toons.And my toons act, all of them, before yours.

One of the nerfs I have seen sugested is, actually, changing the -25% enemy turn to +25% ally turn. That would move those slower droids to turn 7, but would make them to act at the same time than other turn 7 units. So both teams would act intermittently, instead of Team A do all their actions, and then let's see what Team B can do with whatever they have left.

• MenaceTEC wrote: »
    Yep changes nothing in the meta

Best team will be

Phasma/ Sid lead
    Lea
    FOTP
    Geo

Missing QGJ and several other "Turn 7" High Society.

• MenaceTEC wrote: »

Best team will be

Phasma/ Sid lead
    Lea
    FOTP
    Geo

Best team will be

Phasma/ Sid lead
    Lea
    FOTP
    Geo

Impossible there is no variety in this game. You must play the same characters or lose.

Excuse my sarcasm.

• Triqui
    2790 posts Member

Best team will be

Phasma/ Sid lead
    Lea
    FOTP
    Geo

QGJ is turn 8. Until next cap raise, that is. But yes, basically that.
  • If we can see that there is a group of complainers constantly overrunning every thread and starting tons of their own, whining about every single change, however small, and that those people are always the same cast of characters, certainly the CG team can too.

I wish they'd make a dedicated place for them all to post. They can call it Qeltars Cosmic ****.
This discussion has been closed.