Is a 3 star Nihilus worth it?

tkl
295 posts Member
I have a 3 star nihilus and i wanna know if he is good even at 3 stars.Just curious because i might level him up if he is viable at 3 stars.

Replies

• spotremix
    1566 posts Member
    depends on who your asking.

i've got him max leveled, modded and omega'd. i'm at gear 8.

he's not up to my leader quality but i've been using him in GW. i'd like to see another star or 2 before id consider him arena quality. he's pretty squishy at 3*.
  • tkl
    295 posts Member
    K I might just level him up for galactic war since I'm never able o beat the last node
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    His leader is the only way to keep your characters maxed through all the GW nodes, so there's that. Also will probably help a lot with dark missions, as he will definitely have annihilation ready by the third encounter. Mine is not arena-worthy yet, so I have no personal experience on that front.
  • tkl
    295 posts Member
    Nice lol I completely just ignore darkside missions
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    I run a g10 Nihilus with a Zaul lead on a Nov. 15 shard. Finished 4th yesterday and got knocked to 11th (not bad). Back in 4th with 3 battles left until payout in 90 minutes.

TL;DR - Yes. Especially if you run a Zaul lead + B2 and speed mods on Nihilus. EP stuns, B2 buff blocks, Nihilus sucks CD and drops anihilate CD to 3 on turn 1. Then things get really fun.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • I got number 4 at today's payout and got to number 1 soon after. I use Nihilus at gear 10 3* in a zader team
  • Just note if you're using DN in GW his annihilate restarts each encounter at 8 cool down.
  • tkl
    295 posts Member
    Ok i see,and @Okonomiyakiparty wow! Number 1 with a 3* nihilus and Zader.Looks like I should upgrade him :)
  • spotremix
    1566 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »
    His leader is the only way to keep your characters maxed through all the GW nodes, so there's that. Also will probably help a lot with dark missions, as he will definitely have annihilation ready by the third encounter. Mine is not arena-worthy yet, so I have no personal experience on that front.

there's other ways to keep your toons maxed through GW. i don't bust him out until the last few nodes.

i run though the first 10 nodes with one team and remain maxed health by node 11.
  • Smithie
    1427 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    https://youtu.be/QwDcnF3-N8Y

@tkl hopefully this will show you
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    TL;DR: He's a BA.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • tkl
    295 posts Member
    Thanks @Smithie love your vids!
  • tkl
    295 posts Member
    Well the video helped my decision out a lot. Im going invest in nihilus now.Good day everyone or night depending on where you live
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Yes, if you don't set expectations high.

Yes, if you have a bunch of zeta heroes already.

Yes if you are new, but maybe disappointed if you are full on F2P.

Yes if you love Nihilus.

No, if you have been playing for a while, still have a weak roster, and expect him to be a game changer.

Good luck.
  • tkl
    295 posts Member
    Do you consider a lvl 56 new if so then yea I am new and I consider my roster fairly decent for my level https://swgoh.gg/u/tkou7298/collection/
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    tkl wrote: »
    Do you consider a lvl 56 new if so then yea I am new and I consider my roster fairly decent for my level https://swgoh.gg/u/tkou7298/collection/

I say work on him. Start working on your sith.

He'll be farmable in a few months and you'll have him ready.
  • tkl
    295 posts Member
    Cool thanks for all the info
  • He's worth it all the way