Game Update 2/27/2017 ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• He IS trolling, last message on Jesse's twitter is still the one someone posted above ("checking to see if QoL will gappen today...")

Would be a shame if he didn't make it gappen.

• so.... any devs here to at least say a `hello` to us all????
  • Triumph wrote: »

He IS trolling, last message on Jesse's twitter is still the one someone posted above ("checking to see if QoL will gappen today...")

Would be a shame if he didn't make it gappen.

**** phone keyboards :lol:
    This is a signature.
  • Agni
    38 posts Member
    This gappen you speak of sounds super intriguing tell me more
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Luizinho wrote: »
    so.... any devs here to at least say a `hello` to us all????

Kozi is busy shooting down "I tried 4 packs of SA and got 5 shards each time! It must be bugged" threads.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Luizinho wrote: »
    so.... any devs here to at least say a `hello` to us all????

Kozi is busy shooting down "I tried 4 packs of SA and got 5 shards each time! It must be bugged" threads.

:D:D:D
  • Hey Everyone,

If something is delayed it can be due to a number of things. It's not as easy as flipping a switch to make a release live. For example there are final checks that need to be done, and if anything is found that would cause a critical issue we delay the release until it's fixed.

I know it's not easy waiting for the great features we announced last week, but know that we're working to release them ASAP!

Thanks.
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    :|
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    edited March 2017
    As much as I hate Reddit or linking there but you can get a dev response on why they don't know when it'll go live

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/5wwmgy/quality_of_life_update_release_time/dedxl3x/

Edit: or see Jesse's reasoning above!
  • EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Hey Everyone,

If something is delayed it can be due to a number of things. It's not as easy as flipping a switch to make a release live. For example there are final checks that need to be done, and if anything is found that would cause a critical issue we delay the release until it's fixed.

I know it's not easy waiting for the great features we announced last week, but know that we're working to release them ASAP!

Thanks.

The anticipation is making me all giddy....

But the question remains, do I restart my GW or do I wait... Lol...

• adwar
    56 posts Member
    They cant fix stealth...
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Hey Everyone,

Thanks.

if you think you can hold off GW an hour before the reset and you think you can finish GW under an hour

Hold it off till then

• wackiness has ensued again?
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Hey Everyone,

Thanks.

I've saved two in case it happens, because it will be epic when it hits. But I have time to complete it later tonight before reset if not. Know your reset. :)
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
    Hey Everyone,

Thanks.

So... not today?
    This is a signature.
    Hey Everyone,

Thanks.

ty jesse.. i understand its not easy.. but the prob is you say to all it will go live today.. then.. something happen you guys say it will be tomorrow.. then when `tomorrow` arrives.. another thing happens... and one more day of delay.. now we dont know when it will come out.. the thread says game update 27/02 and we are 2/3 prob going to 3/3.... :(
    And thats why we are all asking here about the update.. becuase it was said to us the dates...
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Hey Everyone,

Thanks.

if you think you can hold off GW an hour before the reset and you think you can finish GW under an hour

Hold it off till then

That's my plan... Let's just hope sleep doesn't come first... :smiley:
  • What's going to happen to gw ?
  • Spitballing:

The remainder of the changes are interface-related and/or simply beyond what they can push from their own servers. These require full app updates and very likely a push from CG's servers. For all I know, the CG push is just waiting for apps to login with a valid version string.

I'm sure CG would prefer both Apple and Google release the new app at nearly the same time, but this part of the QoL update is out of their hands.
  • giromide wrote: »
    Spitballing:

The remainder of the changes are interface-related and/or simply beyond what they can push from their own servers. These require full app updates and very likely a push from CG's servers. For all I know, the CG push is just waiting for apps to login with a valid version string.

I'm sure CG would prefer both Apple and Google release the new app at nearly the same time, but this part of the QoL update is out of their hands.

From what I have read in other game update issues like this, it's usually on Apple. They take a long time in verifying apps and publishing them.
    But who knows in this case, maybe it's Google that's having issues with it as well.
  • adwar
    56 posts Member
    They knew if this would require an update from the store or not a long time ago...
  • Wootus
    85 posts Member
    Why give a date to begin with? Just release it when it's ready. It will spare people disappointment and be a nice surprise instead. Delays happen. We all know that. It's fine, but we don't need to know about them. So why bother getting people's hopes up with hard dates when you don't know for certain it will be out when you say?
  • adwar
    56 posts Member
    They cant fix stealth.... they sold a lot of Sith Assassin packs because they said they could
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    I'd like to point out that people are always complaining about how CG/EA needs to be more transparent and that the devs need to communicate more. Well this situation is exactly why they don't always give us all the details. If they tell us "oh, the update will go live wednesday", everyone gets all excited, but then if something goes wrong and the update gets delayed, everybody gets really mad. If they instead had just said "update goes live next week", we would still have the anticipation and the devs have some wiggle room to iron out any last minute fixes without getting people all riled up.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    They are looking for the Any key to continue the setup ;)
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    "Do or do not, there is no try"
  • Any news about the update?
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    I'd rather know what's happening, and get info early even if that means occasionally things get delayed. I'm a mostly grown up rational human who knows how to be patient. I just hope a few impatient loudmouths don't cause the devs to go back to the info blackout days. Those were dark times.

Thanks @EA_Jesse for stepping up communication, and thank the devs for ironing things out before releasing this update. An update BTW that is pretty much all stuff that makes our game experience better, without any instant financial benefit to EA/CG.

P.S. This doesn't mean I'll ever stop being low grade angry all the time about mod farming using cantina energy, but I still recognize good work when I see it.
  • My Nihilus is at 6* 0/100 shards right now

If update goes today, I may be convinced to get him to 7*

;)
  • Alanis
    334 posts Member
    Sorry all, the #SWGOH update will not be going out today. Forum update here: https://t.co/ETu1nTujnr
This discussion has been closed.