Deathmark vs Kylo

BulYwif
1977 posts Member
Yesterday, I had to face Kylo in GW with Phasma lead. So, I get rid of one toon and applied a Deathmark against Kylo with DT, as I do for every taunters or strong characters to get rid of him quickly.

It usually works fine against every characters, adding around 10k damages on each hits. But against Kylo, I could only add less than 300 damage each time. Is his +50% defense bonus cumulative? It's like Deathmark was doing almost nothing against him?

Was running EP(L), Savage, TFP, RG and DT.

Replies

• Rakim
    267 posts Member
    Kylo takes reduced damage from percent health attacks. Deathmark, DOTs, expose, etc, he gets a major reduction in the damage they cause.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Really reducing the damage in that case. Deathmark should be an easy toon killer, but against him, it does not really help. I'm wondering what is the mechanic behind to calculate those damage reductions.
  • E00N
    147 posts Member
    I love kylo right now, he will my 5th in ZAUL team .

That % dmg reduction is about 99% i guess.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    I know why people like him now. I'm now hesitating for my next cantina toon between him, B2 or Aayla since I want a zQGJ team.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Kylo
  • I'm working on him now. Almost to g10. Can't wait to integrate him into a squad.

Would LOVE. A maxed FO squad. All zeta'd. If anyone has one and can post a vid, that would be fantastic.
  • mlb1399
    674 posts Member
    Zylo fits into any arena team. I currently run him in my empire/sith team. He's also dominant in HAAT too. That protection gain is just nasty. The best way to beat him would be to apply a shock/health block and not apply negative effects outside of that with high damage.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    mlb1399 wrote: »
    Zylo fits into any arena team. I currently run him in my empire/sith team. He's also dominant in HAAT too. That protection gain is just nasty. The best way to beat him would be to apply a shock/health block and not apply negative effects outside of that with high damage.

The one that I fought in GW had no zeta and was already hard to take down. In a better team, I wouldn't have passed that node.

And again, I put him a Deathmark which almost did nothing on him.
  • He does also not take those 20% max health damage from expose.
  • man, my Jyn exposed him for 170 damage...
  • Stunning him or getting that healing immunity on him are the way to go!
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Use Nihilus to Annihilate Kylo - problem solved. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Yeah, that's it's intention, Kylo is mostly protected from Expose, DoT, and Deathmark. Whatever you do, don't mark him, you do NOT want their Kylo Taunting
  • A big clue is that his omega adds DoTs to himself.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    A big clue is that his omega adds DoTs to himself.

Which I love simply because how it relates to his character in the films. Bleeding out and pounding his wound as he fights for strength. Wish more characters had that level of thought put into their abilities.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Yep, i started to farm him :smile: