Poe Dameron balancing

Replies

• imo make poe tankier so he's usable in other modes than arena, but remove the turn meter reduction.

maybe make the heal on resist higher and keep the amount of tenacity
  • Here I thought this was the thread to do that QQ spam lol!

I sure expect change to come to either Poe or Speed itself, maybe even dmg! Every1 has their 2 cents on the current Poe-taunt-coin-flip/1-hit-kill-toons win meta whether they like it or not, I don't think anyone can share the same opinions as some servers are more advance/competitive/p2p and it all comes down to the same thing just in different time periods.
  • Triqui wrote: »
    Lokai wrote: »
    why do people keep stating **** **** as facts? Guess what on my server I, Veqlargh, score rather well in arena most days if i'm able to be on to do the sniper war thing around 6pm. Twice in the last 5 days I took 1st place and am typically top 5. And guess who I use as my team lead in EVERY SINGLE arena match? Barriss.....

You are not alone in the top with Barris.

294gehe.png

we are a rare breed though. I see hardly any other barriss as leaders :(
  • Defileable wrote: »
    Can someone explain why none of these updates are posted in the news letter, or Mabey a link in the news letter 95% of the people playing this game arnt dork in it up In the forums.

Because the developers don't understand that communication is very important to players.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • The majority of liberally-Poe-mined are outweigh the allstar-whine-pushers in the end :)

But I guess that dev's should make some tweaks with his turn-stealing, revert all the changes they've made or maybe give him some defense buff to compensate this nerfing...

and for Poe's sake, leave him be once and for all :smile: it's gettin' ridiculously annoying to hear these cries all the time...
    cheers from Ukraine! and may the force b with u!
  • Avathar
    12 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Wouldn't it be feasable to change the Resistance Bravado in a way that instead of decreasing the enemies turn meter it could increase the own turn meter. There would still be a speed buff for your team to have the chance of acting in a first or second turn but the enemies team is still able to act as well. The RNG decides. Or am I thinking wrong?

And yes, I am a Poe user. And I have to admit that I did it because he is extremely helpful, not because I like him so much. But I would also like to see a wide variety of teams instead of one or two "usual" team compositions (which I am also using).
  • MenaceTEC wrote: »
    I know people who have invested tons of resources into alternative teams who are now on the verge of quitting.

This X 1000

People have been punished for going out on a limb.

Yet another example of people only wanting what they have to be the best.

That isn't true at all, I went into this game knowing I wasn't using the best Heroes, but I also knew that I had a decent chance of ranking fairly high, and I have done so. But with the skirt lifting change now anyone who isn't using a cookie cutter build will be crushed. It's as simple as that.

This. My objection is with the arena squad showing rather then Poe. It wouldn't be much of a problem if we could set up a decent def team that the AI utilises correctly, but speed and DpS will always win. Those without poe(like me- and I could have got him a long time ago) will definitely suffer. I didn't mind facing pie teams before as it was random, but I low for a fact my arena rank will suffer. Badly

Still love everything else though :)
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Triqui wrote: »
    why do people keep stating **** **** as facts? Guess what on my server I, Veqlargh, score rather well in arena most days if i'm able to be on to do the sniper war thing around 6pm. Twice in the last 5 days I took 1st place and am typically top 5. And guess who I use as my team lead in EVERY SINGLE arena match? Barriss.....

You are not alone in the top with Barris.

294gehe.png

we are a rare breed though. I see hardly any other barriss as leaders :(

I don't use Barris, but that guy who is 4th now is ussually 1st most the time. I have another barris leader in the top 15, and I see a couple more non-leading when I battle.
    10-20 levels ago there was a lot of them. Easy 15 in top 50.
    Barris got nerfed, she is not as good as before, but she still has uses if the meta is kylo-sid. As the meta sift away from that, Barris lose appeal. I still see more Barris than ST Han, for example, and Han is actually good (he is not Royal Guard). Reason is: Barris uniqueness carve her a spot in certain circunstances, like heavy heal block, even if she is overall less useful. Poe males Han obsolete, imho
  • I dont know Whats hard about nerfing poe to a good tank. Just remove turn meter reduction and thats it.
    The problem with Poe is not his spped. He can go 1st and taunt up okay I have to attack him like twice with my 2 fastest characters then he is dead. The problem is turn meter reduction cuz if he taunts up their team can kill those characters which I could use to easily kill Poe. I think Thats the only problem with Poe. If they would take away the turn meter reduction it would be a decent fast tank.
  • Buff poe or give me back my cantina coins!
  • I think Poe is a symptom of some other problems, besides having problems of his own.

Poe itself has a turn meter reduction which can't be resisted. The turn meter reduction should be changed. Options:
    a) At the very least, make it resistible.
    b) On top of it reduce its effect.
    c) Alternatively, make it a speed buff to allies, with one of those changes:
    c.1) while nerfing the effect's strength, affecting the party.
    c.2) Gives a multiple-turns speed buff to one ally only.
  • Please just undo the bizarre changes you have made to Poe, and instead either change his turn meter down to turn meter up for the team, or (perhaps more preferably) remove the turn meter down altogether. AoE expose and high speed taunt is plenty. He will still be a top tier toon. Turn meter down is OP. The rest of him is, honestly, fine as is.
  • ARSjack
    5 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    KakaoTalk_Photo_2016-02-05-20-55-16.jpeg?type=w3

KakaoTalk_Photo_2016-02-05-20-55-11.jpeg?type=w3

It happened just 1 turn, I couldn't do anything.
    team power : 26,680 vs 26,858
    Post edited by ARSjack on
  • Anubis wrote: »
    jeremyj26 wrote: »
    So what do you guys think about the middle east refugee crisis? I'll see myself out.
    Would you perchance be insinuating that we care too much about this game? B)

Was I so transparent?
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • You girls need to stop your crying. I have a top ten team and don't use Poe. Sure he can be a pain to deal with but so are a couple other guys not every hero is gonna be viable in arena and Poe sucks in GW,light side battles and events.

Just be paitent and let the new changes play out. Now that you know the other team has Poe in arena, you can prepare for that. Realx.
  • The whiniest people and the ones using personal attacks seem to come only from those who have poe and don't want him changed.
  • ARSjack
    5 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    :#
    Post edited by ARSjack on
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    The whiniest people and the ones using personal attacks seem to come only from those who have poe and don't want him changed.
    Pretty much. It's become nearly impossible to actually have any sort of meaningful discussion around here due to all the childish flaming and complete lack of moderation.
    Poe and DPS dominate the game. The fix in the patch doesn't address why he dominates. But don't dare express facts around here, they are very much "not in the meta" of this forum.
    Roxo wrote: »
    You girls need to stop your crying.

"Girls" as an insult? What are you, 11?
    I wish there were more women on this forum. They tend to be far better behaved than the adolescent males that seem to be the majority here of late.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • If you have the right team they just made poe not a factor. Poe goes first taunts you remove taunt. Ok he does not damage and now his expose hits half the time and he cant even resist healing immunity anymore. Time to switch to Chewbacca.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Time to switch to Chewbacca.

Good call. Tell is how it worked
  • Don't you have testers and a server to test this on yourself? Why do we have to be the lab rats for this game. Surely your game testers can test a possible nerf of Poe and see how it affects the game, whether that be too much or not enough.

What they can't test though is player reaction to a given change. There's 2 camps here - heavier nerf for Poe and then people that don't want a nerf to their hero. Hedging heavily either way creates an angry player base. With taking baby steps they are trying to resolve the conflict of the two groups and satisfy both over time. If they yanked his meter completely - sure that'd be enough of an adjustment to change things, but is that required to get some satisfactory level of reduction to his utility? Do they have to go that far? That far likely results in many really angry players because it would be a heavy nerf.

I think we should let this play out - by demanding massive swings in toon values via nerfs we are asking for CG to possibly over-react in future situations. I'd rather be moderately annoyed by Poe a bit longer, see how it plays out, than to see another Barriss-level nerf bomb on a hero.
  • the majority of the players wont care about these forums. . .

the playerbase using these forums KNOWS THAT POE IS OP CAUZ SPEED + TURNBURN. . .

SO you had a choice, expect poe to get nerfed or at least have other (unused) characters buffed to deal with him -> do not farm him, farm underrated/bad champs and expect balancing to happen (me)

OR farm poe, knowing he is OP, knowing hes likly nerfed in the next update, and hey you can still argue that you spent sooo much on him and you had noo clue he could be nerfed anytime soon - please stop all these whiners, they wanna ruin poe, i invested so much, i spent all my cantina tokens

#goodfaith

yes hes free, yes he takes a while to farm but everyone choosing to trust in CG in getting that toxic no-counterplay-at-all poepattern fixed is screwed now.

[and dont argue with rey, mayb she needs some fine tuning but she has clearly defined weaknesses - debuff her]
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I think we should let this play out - by demanding massive swings in toon values via nerfs we are asking for CG to possibly over-react in future situations. I'd rather be moderately annoyed by Poe a bit longer, see how it plays out, than to see another Barriss-level nerf bomb on a hero.

JSA, these guys are supposed to be the "experts", right? It's their game? They have access to "tons of data" and so forth? You and I and others all knew this would happen even before it did: Poe was bad enough before the level cap was raised. People BEGGED them to adjust his speed down so he didn't become tier 1 at level 61, and they completely ignored us. They created this mess, all for want of a single digit decrement.
    For as much as Barriss was an over-nerf, this is a pendulum swing too far the other way. The change made doesn't address the issue with him at all. And then announcing the next day that they are still considering further changes, just leaves everyone in limbo. By the time they get around to a proper fix, 90% of active players will have leveled and starred the guy up, and the reaction will be even worse.
    Reducing outrage requires speedy and decisive action. Poe should have been properly fixed 6 weeks ago, not 6 weeks from now.
    Old saying: "The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is today." Same here.
  • Good job and thank you @EA_Jesse
    Also pass the message over to the developers to consider very hard the current game mechanics of character defense vs character damage inflation. Consider to improve or redo the Defense Up buff or adjust the damage inflation problem. Have a good weekend!
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    I like they are taking their time. They should make study. And then, after deciding, number crunch us. Tell us why he is or is not nerfed. Tell us % of winning with and without Poe, how many people use him, average position in rank etc
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Triqui wrote: »
    I like they are taking their time. They should make study. And then, after deciding, number crunch us. Tell us why he is or is not nerfed. Tell us % of winning with and without Poe, how many people use him, average position in rank etc

What have they been doing for the last 7 weeks? The players knew about the problem with Poe within 2 weeks of his release. They should have known before he even came out. Okay, they didn't. But everyone told them about this weeks ago. They said they were ALREADY looking at all this stuff. Yet somehow they can't figure out that the problem is his turn meter reduction?
  • Qeltar wrote: »

JSA, these guys are supposed to be the "experts", right? It's their game? They have access to "tons of data" and so forth? You and I and others all knew this would happen even before it did: Poe was bad enough before the level cap was raised. People BEGGED them to adjust his speed down so he didn't become tier 1 at level 61, and they completely ignored us. They created this mess, all for want of a single digit increment.
    For as much as Barriss was an over-nerf, this is a pendulum swing too far the other way. The change made doesn't address the issue with him at all. And then announcing the next day that they are still considering further changes, just leaves everyone in limbo. By the time they get around to a proper fix, 90% of active players will have leveled and starred the guy up, and the reaction will be even worse.
    Reducing outrage requires speedy and decisive action. Poe should have been properly fixed 6 weeks ago, not 6 weeks from now.
    Old saying: "The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is today." Same here.

I know...but think about that heavy Barriss nerf and how many people were upset. What they don't know is to what degree a given nerf will create the tipping point for widespread nerf-rage...which leads to flame, refund demands, etc. That's a bad outcome they'd like to avoid. Whether this is enough or not, I'm just giving them credit for learning from a past mistake. I think this is the proper approach - maybe this isn't the solution for now - but if I had to choose a preference of approach it would be baby steps instead of massive nerf bat.

I will say though, that with tankier builds - similar to the ones I've been using - the reduced expose actually will help. The winning % for Poe teams will go down - his less resistance also means he heals less frequently, and will die quicker. That 20% reduction off the top is pretty big from expose, it will help. Whether it's enough we will have to see.

Beefier health options can actually survive the damage output of today pretty well. May not only be AOE teams either - with reduced expose toons like 5s and tusken raider could be in the mix as well.
  • i appreciate the communication on all this - it's nice considering many game devs won't even let you set a ticket up...that being said, i think they are missing the boat by focusing on Poe. the issue is the way a battle unfolds in Arena. It's a turn based game and i think we all greatly enjoy it that way as opposed to random AI unfolds like a Clash of Clans. but that said, with a handful of certain toon combinations, you can create a 1-shot kill, AoE defensive team that simply cannot be beaten by the attacking team - all in the 1st round. generally speaking, there should be no combination of relatively evenly matched teams that leads to any toon being taken out in the 1st round without the other team having a chance to respond via heal, tank, etc.

so in my opinion the problem is it's not truly a turn based game when one team gets a huge advantage in their first turn and the other team gets no true first turn. whether its poe, ally assist, or other methods, this is a big problem.

to me, it's much more about way too much Damage being available in that first round without anywhere near enough counter/defense turns before it's too late.

so yeah, nerf Poe - i dont even have him yet and probably wont bother now. but you shoudl take a much longer look at the first round damage being dealt and how certain toon combos literally decide the game BEFORE the other team gets their turn. that is a a problem that can be fixed with an entire game based patch - either limiting 1st round attacking power for all toons, regardless of attack position, or something along those lines. or maybe prevent any character from dying prior to all toons getting one turn? you get my point - too much damage in the 1st round, almost no defense/counter.
  • More teams abuse Sid, Phasma, GS, QGJ than Poe. That's because they can decide a battle with 2 early assists plus Sid AoE. Nobody cares about Immunity Block anymore. And nobody cares about healers. And nobody cares abiut turn 12 chars. Not in Arena.

^ this. This is to me much more an issue than "whose Poe taunts first". In fact, I've started winning more often with my Poe firing last instead of first, with no major change to my basic team. Why? I'm guessing level 70 for one (and thus more gear to equip), and then, those Poe teams are not about the Geo/QGJ early assist in in the first turn.

It looks like the problem is NOT a unit in particular, but the overlap of similar skillsets that get abused in this fashion in the same turns (i.e. like their previous game Heroes of Dragon Age which allowed overlapping aura buffs, combined with allowing identical units to join a team. leading to exponential buffs).
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
This discussion has been closed.