Barriss or Windu?

With the upcoming Jedi Event, who are you going for if you are still in need of Jedi and don't have either of these two?

With Windu's upcoming buff it's no longer a cut and dry question.

Personally, I already have about 20 more shards towards Barriss from previous farming/Bronzium pulls. I'm almost level 70, complete GW almost every day, and have a solid Arena team that places top 5/10 every day already.

Any opinions?

Replies

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Pros for Mace: faster to farm, interesting character with potential for cool new builds.
    Cons for Mace: Risky, and even with buffs he's still a slow tank without a taunt in a speed/DPS meta.
    Pros for Barriss: Known quantity, very useful in GW (you are clearing it now but GW can be fickle) and may be useful for actually beating this event, whatever it is.
    Cons for Barriss: Slower to farm, and you may not need her if you are doing okay in GW.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Pros for Mace: he's freaking Samuel L Jackson
  • Haha, good points. I'm just nervous about farming Mace, ending up disappointed and wishing I had grabbed that extra healer.

Mace, as is, isn't a viable character and I'm not sure that the buff will change that. But I've also heard that Barriss sits on a lot of benches now post-nerf.
  • The farming is basically a wash since you have an extra hard node to farm Barriss from.

I guess it boils down to whether you'd rather have a solid GW backup in Barriss (and Mace could be as well once his buff comes out) or take a speculative play for Mace with the chance that he's still not very good even with the buff.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Mace will be good. Expose auto reduces an enemy by 20%. And his ATK has been significantly tuned up. I for one will be farming him.
  • Thanks for the feedback everyone.

I think I am probably leaning towards Mace and crossing my fingers that his buff works out.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Joby_Wan1 wrote: »
    The farming is basically a wash since you have an extra hard node to farm Barriss from.
    They are pricey nodes though. That's 96 energy. In some ways it depends on how many crystals you are willing to spend, and where. For low expenditures it's a wash. The more Cantina refreshes, the faster Mace is.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Barriss is great to have as a GW sponge. I would look at Mace as a longer term project.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    I'm going to try to 6 star Bariss and then switch to Mace in hopes of 6 starring him for the Jedi event.. Maybe not the next one but for the one after. Then time to 7* them if the price is cool enough. Pros to farming Bariss is I get many purple mats. Last night I got 8 from 2 refreshes and that's the second time it's happened this week.
  • fungushnitzel
    196 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I'm sitting in the same position you are, OP. I have exactly 39/65 shards for both Mace and Barriss, and I need to farm one more Jedi for the upcoming event.

Even though I like Barriss more for her utility in GW, I've decided to go full bore on Mace. Pretty much because he will be a slightly quicker farm, and I'm curious to see how he performs after the update.

It's kind of ironic, really. I just made level 69 yesterday, which I had been aspiring to for quite a while with the express intention of farming for Dooku until I had him maxed. There goes that plan.
  • fungushnitzel
    196 posts Member
    edited February 2016
  • That's funny, I was focused on getting Dooku as well...even delaying 7*ing my GS until this new event. At least EA is introducing much more choice with these new events.