Jedi and Clones

Since clones are becoming more available but not likely to get a full rework anytime soon what do y'all think of adding more Jedi/clone synergy?
Just something simple like adding "and clones" to Jedi leader abilites.
Also maybe a small buff to one of my personal favorites Plo Koon. Give him a two turn taunt that passes to 5s for one more turn with "Take Charge". It fits the ability name and is really only 1.5 turn taunt with TM gain. It would give them a taunt that I have seen people ask for without the need of a full rework or new clone.

I would love to see clones mixed into squads that are led by the characters who were the leaders of the clone army and this wouldn't require a full rework.

Replies

• Aero
    2972 posts Member
    I'd be down for Plo Koon taunt pass to a clone, but it would have to be Wolffe. Sure we may not be likely to get him anytime soon, but I like to imagine we'll get him eventually.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Most of the republic jedi need reworks to catch up woth the powercreep. And not just another zeta upgrade
  • Plo should have his leader ability made into a passive unique - if he's on a team, the team members have a chance to destealth an opponent.

iN DarthJarJar | Team Instinct Δ
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    RebelBass wrote: »
    Plo should have his leader ability made into a passive unique - if he's on a team, the team members have a chance to destealth an opponent.

+1
    That leader ability is waaaay to niche. Its slightly more relevant now that zaul is a thing, but its not like plo is viable in a team against him
  • I keep seeing all this buff the jedi stuff, but the right team can be pretty insane. Zetas on QuiGonn (L), Bariss, and Yoda, with GK and Anakin thrown in would be insane. Luckily, at least in my shard, I haven't run into that team quite yet, but it'll happen eventually, and those characters absolutely do not need buffs. That said, as mentioned above by DatBoi, the republic jedi, not including Anakin, GK, or Yoda could really use a buff, especially Plo Koon and Mace Windu. If that is the kind of update they're talking about, then I'd be all for it. They just don't need an across the board buff the way the sith did. Jedi should be arena viable as the sith fiiiinally are, but not to the point that it negates other recent updates. If they all get buffed they'd be way over powered and just play into this constantly shifting meta construct. I get that we need something to keep chasing something, but the pace of the new introductions, updates, and meta changes is getting a little out of hand in my opinion. Keep in mind that Luke in some form is going to drop at some point and likely be a game changer.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    I keep seeing all this buff the jedi stuff, but the right team can be pretty insane. Zetas on QuiGonn (L), Bariss, and Yoda, with GK and Anakin thrown in would be insane. Luckily, at least in my shard, I haven't run into that team quite yet, but it'll happen eventually, and those characters absolutely do not need buffs. That said, as mentioned above by DatBoi, the republic jedi, not including Anakin, GK, or Yoda could really use a buff, especially Plo Koon and Mace Windu. If that is the kind of update they're talking about, then I'd be all for it. They just don't need an across the board buff the way the sith did. Jedi should be arena viable as the sith fiiiinally are, but not to the point that it negates other recent updates. If they all get buffed they'd be way over powered and just play into this constantly shifting meta construct. I get that we need something to keep chasing something, but the pace of the new introductions, updates, and meta changes is getting a little out of hand in my opinion. Keep in mind that Luke in some form is going to drop at some point and likely be a game changer.

There are definitely viable jedi, but only at high levels. You need zetas and GK. I think some of them need stat or kit buffs so they're viable at lower levels
  • Exactly my point. Buffs to the weak ones are more than justified. And sure zetas are necessary to really make them top notch, but that's the case anywhere now. And with the kind of investment that zetas are it's going to be more and more necessary to go all in on a particular faction. Right now jedis are probably the only faction other than sith where you really have that option. The Plo Koons and Eeth Koths need updates, but leave the ones that are already high level viable alone please. I see a lot of "buff not just more zetas," but the zeta option is a game changer. Qui Gonn and Yoda don't need padded stats to go along with they're new abilities. Spend the time on the investment of the zetas and you won't be so worried about an extra 15% damage here and an extra buff there. The sith needed updates badly. They had fallen completely out of common use for the most part, which is sad for some of the most iconic characters in the star wars universe. I would say the worthless republic jedi toons are in that same boat now, but not the faction as a whole. We just haven't fully seen the zeta effect yet.
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Rebel focus.
    Empire focus.
    Sith focus.

Jedi focus will probably come soon.
  • Darkness
    238 posts Member
    Give I'm gonna die (imagundi) some love lol
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    I keep seeing all this buff the jedi stuff, but the right team can be pretty insane. Zetas on QuiGonn (L), Bariss, and Yoda, with GK and Anakin thrown in would be insane. Luckily, at least in my shard, I haven't run into that team quite yet, but it'll happen eventually, and those characters absolutely do not need buffs. That said, as mentioned above by DatBoi, the republic jedi, not including Anakin, GK, or Yoda could really use a buff, especially Plo Koon and Mace Windu. If that is the kind of update they're talking about, then I'd be all for it. They just don't need an across the board buff the way the sith did. Jedi should be arena viable as the sith fiiiinally are, but not to the point that it negates other recent updates. If they all get buffed they'd be way over powered and just play into this constantly shifting meta construct. I get that we need something to keep chasing something, but the pace of the new introductions, updates, and meta changes is getting a little out of hand in my opinion. Keep in mind that Luke in some form is going to drop at some point and likely be a game changer.

@Ikenstein86 I think everyone can agree that GK, Anakin, QGJ, Aayla, Barriss are really amazing jedi and Yoda is right up there but need a bit more damage IMO if they buf Jedi I would say that the beat candidates for buffs and/or kit reworks are:
    Plo Koon kit is beautiful but needs better stats and a buff to his dispel on Basic so he dispells on Basic like Sun Fac and Nihilus. Add potency too an some tweeks here and there to abilities and stats
    Mace Windu: Full rework I suggest changing expose a random toon for his turn to apply Death mark on all toons until the end of his turn that way you can actually slap who you want to and Death mark is more deadly then expose as Shatterpoint should be more deadly I say change it or invent a new debuffs called shatter point
    Luminara: improve her zeta, her speed, her heal
    Kit Fisto: Damage, add more % of double attacks, and invent something cool for the rest of his kit
    Ahsoka: She does amazing damage but crit her and she is horrible so somehow fix ger unique.
    Eeth Koth: full rework
    Ima Gun Di: Improve counter chance
    Old Ben: lower his protection and HP make him taunt and make me actually have a reason to kill him first like make his debuff so it can't be cleansed or resisted
    JC and JKG I prefer to used named Jedi so meh. (JC looks cool though)

Oh and please give Anakin a zeta on his unique like whenever a ally falls below 100% health he gains 100% TM and does 100% more damage on his next attack also he gains offense up and advantage for 2 turns something like that
  • @Big_Boss I love all of the specific rework ideas. Maybe buff damage on just those getting reworked? This thread gave a lot of clarity to what people were calling for with the jedi buff. I assume it will happen, but I just hope it's done right.
  • Ledinis
    193 posts Member
    Yeah i think theres a lot of confusion with this. When we say buff/ rework jedi, we dont mean the likes of QGJ/Anakin/Ayla/GK. We mean stuff like Plo koon, Mace, Kit and so on :)
  • Quindin
    64 posts Member
    If Plo was better, his dispel basic is similar but slightly better than DN. He would be a great counter to Zaul.
  • Quindin wrote: »
    If Plo was better, his dispel basic is similar but slightly better than DN. He would be a great counter to Zaul.

... How? The sith don't really have any buffs that persist more than one turn so his basic dispel doesn't do anything against them... Or did you just mean his leader ability?
  • Quindin
    64 posts Member
    Removes stealth. Removes defense up and taunt from Sith trooper. Currently it's not working right. Just read a bug thread showing it's not.
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    @Big_Boss I love all of the specific rework ideas. Maybe buff damage on just those getting reworked? This thread gave a lot of clarity to what people were calling for with the jedi buff. I assume it will happen, but I just hope it's done right.

Im definitely with you there Jedi have been buffed before but the tweaks are so little they don't make Jedi fully viable. I really would love to have uses for all my jedi considering how biased I am towards them and clones. I actually rank top 3 everyday with a Jedi clone Hybrid squad
  • Seku
    575 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    I would love to have Shaak Ti & Adi Gallia added :)
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Seku wrote: »
    I would love to have Shaak Ti & Adi Gallia added :)

And Ki-Adi-Mundi. But all those reworks may not happen since they will for sure introduce at least one new Jedi with Phoenix squad (Kanan or Ezra).