split post from Old Daka

This discussion was created from comments split from: Old Daka.

Replies

• Every battle she revives someone despite it being a TEN PERCENT CHANCE. EVERY BATTLE.

I am getting sick and tired of killing off a character only for Daka to magically bring it back every **** time.
  • Lol, 10% of the time it works everytime.
  • Pro Tip: Kill Daka 1st
  • real pros don't teach the quail how to dodge a bullet!
  • Daka has a passive ability to revive and an active revive/heal ability. You must have bad luck. I have Daka and most of the battles I am in she does not revive anyone even with the 35% Chant of Resurrection.
    Depending upon the battle it is sometimes good to attack her first.
    Bye Forums.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I am currently running a test on Daka's revive abilities. The OP is exaggerating (as in most of his breathless posts) but there may actually be reason to suspect that her passive revive is proccing too much. Right now the percentage I have observed is well above 10%. She is also self-reviving and that is not in the ability description.
    I've also seen a couple of times where the same character self-revived more than once. This really stands out (even though it is rare) and makes the ability seem like it procs more than it does.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Vodo
    332 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I just lost Talia in the 1st battle of an hard mode dark side fight and was hoping for Daka to bring her back (plenty of time since there were two full battles ahead) but nope, no revive for me and no 3 stars on this fight yet.
  • Yesterday I fought a daka on GW that revived a Sid 5 times in a row... **** my life
  • I run with Daka, and I rarely get revives. This is just unlucky rng. I had enemy Boba self res 7 times in a rown yesterday ...
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • I use Daka a lot and rarely see her revive from the passive, likewise I rarely see an AI Daka revive. Though I do love it when Dooku gets the killing blow, they revive only to die again to his bonus attack.
  • Agreed. It's either exaggeration or boosted AI proc. My Daka doesn't resurrect much at all.
  • I have had it where the same character (IG-88 in that case) revived 3 times in a row with Daka's passive revive...I've also had it where her resurrection revive revived multiple members on the team. Also had Daka self-revive a couple times...but that's been pretty rare.

It's certainly not 100%, but the passive revive seems off. The resurrection revive proc seems accurate...but unless I'm misreading it I'd think she can only revive 1 character.

I don't have her, so don't know offensive stats. These are all when she's on defense.
  • I use Daka a lot and rarely see her revive from the passive, likewise I rarely see an AI Daka revive. Though I do love it when Dooku gets the killing blow, they revive only to die again to his bonus attack.

I've had this with Daka and with Boba. It's fun :smile:
  • In my second to last galactic war today Daka revived barriss, Sid and ig 86- then lumi heals then barris then Daka. Yep I lost that one.
  • Gungnir75 wrote: »
    In my second to last galactic war today Daka revived barriss, Sid and ig 86- then lumi heals then barris then Daka. Yep I lost that one.

Why was daka alive and bariss dead..... lol!

• I asked myself that same question as soon as I realized the mistake
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Gungnir75 wrote: »
    In my second to last galactic war today Daka revived barriss, Sid and ig 86- then lumi heals then barris then Daka. Yep I lost that one.

Thats not why u lost tho. U lost because you let daka live while killing other toons that cant hurt you (i.e. Bariss)
  • chipmunk19
    128 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    agree on how good she is in the right team (e.g. Phasma), although her stun and revive don't always proc so well.

a lot of people don't use her for more than DS missions because she's so squishy. in my experience though, she stopped dying in 2 hits when she hit 5* G8 3/6. her health, and her heal as a result, just gets better from there.

i have her at 6* G8 5/6 now and she's a beast because she can last long enough to get decent procs on her stun and revive. her heal also now goes for 3k+, which is pretty decent and allows my 7* G8 4/6 Lumi to go on the offensive more often.
    Post edited by chipmunk19 on
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I had been thinking a higher health Daka could be a good Poe counter with a Phasma lead, since she seems to be called often as assister. How to beat Poe DPS is to survive the onslaught. A double stunner who brings back the dead swinging is a good tool to help that.
    Daka's main use against a Poe team is a fast heal. She can give you ~4k per team member back pretty quickly. But it's still of little use against a Poe/droid team. They will kill characters before you get a turn. And Daka herself is a prime target. The AI likes to focus down healers and they REALLY like to focus down her.
    Use Phasma to T off on Poe.
    Huh? Phasma hits very weakly unless she buffs herself and keeps the buff. She can manipulate turn meters, but by the time that happens the match is over if the opponent is properly constructed.
    I've been running a team with Phasma and Daka (and Dooku as well), and have fought these fights many times. Daka can be a lot of fun in the same way Vegas can be a lot of fun: when the dice are rolling your way. Almost everything about her is based on a proc rate below 50%, so you will have some fights where she turns the game around and others where she is completely useless.
    Against a Poe/Poggle/IG-86/IG-88/GS team, you will lose 90% of the time. They do too much damage, get too many turns, and it takes too long to kill them. A lucky couple of stuns might give you a chance, but that's about it.
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    Against a Poe/Poggle/IG-86/IG-88/GS team, you will lose 90% of the time. They do too much damage, get too many turns, and it takes too long to kill them. A lucky couple of stuns might give you a chance, but that's about it.

this. Phasma stun teams do great against most lineups and they're excellent on defense. the Poe DPS teams are near impossible to go up against though. it's why i'm building them next after i max my Phasma stun team.

still, doesn't take away from how fun Daka is.
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    I had been thinking a higher health Daka could be a good Poe counter with a Phasma lead, since she seems to be called often as assister. How to beat Poe DPS is to survive the onslaught. A double stunner who brings back the dead swinging is a good tool to help that.
    Daka's main use against a Poe team is a fast heal. She can give you ~4k per team member back pretty quickly. But it's still of little use against a Poe/droid team. They will kill characters before you get a turn. And Daka herself is a prime target. The AI likes to focus down healers and they REALLY like to focus down her.
    Use Phasma to T off on Poe.
    Huh? Phasma hits very weakly unless she buffs herself and keeps the buff. She can manipulate turn meters, but by the time that happens the match is over if the opponent is properly constructed.
    I've been running a team with Phasma and Daka (and Dooku as well), and have fought these fights many times. Daka can be a lot of fun in the same way Vegas can be a lot of fun: when the dice are rolling your way. Almost everything about her is based on a proc rate below 50%, so you will have some fights where she turns the game around and others where she is completely useless.

I meant her turn meter, but it is no sense discussing because in your head Poe is unbeatable. I posted this for people with open minds, not ones already dead set that Poe is unbeatable. Thank you though for your expert Poe is unbeatable opinion. We all know how you feel from your 1,000 posts about him.
  • chipmunk19 wrote: »
    agree on how good she is in the right team (e.g. Phasma), although her stun and revive don't always proc so well.

a lot of people don't use her for more than DS missions because she's so squishy. in my experience though, she stopped dying in 2 hits when she hit 5* G8 3/6. her health, and her heal as a result, just gets better from there.

i have her at 6* G8 5/6 now and she's a beast because she can last long enough to get decent procs on her stun and revive. her heal also now goes for 3k+, which is pretty decent and allows my 7* G8 4/6 Lumi to go on the offensive more often.

Agree there her HP is less than 1000 lower than the unbeatable, unstopable, god like almighty Poe.

Problem is people get stuff in their head here and it gets stuck and they fear trying things. I mean look at it I played out that fight a few times with her. I tested it lower levels, but at 8-9k health she did not live long enough.

Funny thing is a guy who is #1 on my shard quite often on a Poe DPS infested whale infested shard runs Daka on his team.

But hey she is only fun like Vegas says the pitchfork carriers. What do a copuple people always in theit top 5 on a Poe/DPS whale shard know. We can't possibly know a darn thing over them.
  • chipmunk19 wrote: »
    Qeltar wrote: »

this. Phasma stun teams do great against most lineups and they're excellent on defense. the Poe DPS teams are near impossible to go up against though. it's why i'm building them next after i max my Phasma stun team.

Clearly you don't know how to use Phasma then mate. Used right she offers a heck of a lot more TM influence than the almighty one.

Look man not to be rude but can you leave any posts alone without coming on and crying your Poe sob song? Honestly man it gets so bloody old.

WE GET IT YOU HATE POE AND CAN'T BEAT HIM. No need to troll every single post and fill it with negative about it. We all read your 1000 posts many of which are 10,000 word novels about the god that is Poe.

Again not to be rude but can you let the adults speak about strategies since that is what adults do when they don't get their way. They move on.

I too am very sick of Poe DPS teams all day everyday, however I am more sick of the whining and crying and negativity. I can't make a post anywhere without the same couple people coming and crying the same old song.

Honestly you all should get together and write a country song about Poe.
  • Tak
    352 posts Member
    chipmunk19 wrote: »
    Qeltar wrote: »

Clearly you don't know how to use Phasma then mate. Used right she offers a heck of a lot more TM influence than the almighty one.

Look man not to be rude but can you leave any posts alone without coming on and crying your Poe sob song? Honestly man it gets so bloody old.

WE GET IT YOU HATE POE AND CAN'T BEAT HIM. No need to troll every single post and fill it with negative about it. We all read your 1000 posts many of which are 10,000 word novels about the god that is Poe.

Again not to be rude but can you let the adults speak about strategies since that is what adults do when they don't get their way. They move on.

I too am very sick of Poe DPS teams all day everyday, however I am more sick of the whining and crying and negativity. I can't make a post anywhere without the same couple people coming and crying the same old song.

Honestly you all should get together and write a country song about Poe.

All the whining and crying as you put it has achieved results. The developers are acutely aware of the issues surrounding Poe and will continue to make adjustments.
  • To have her maxed is to ask yourself "Why didn't I do this sooner"

<3 Old Daka!
  • BentWookie wrote: »
    To have her maxed is to ask yourself "Why didn't I do this sooner"

<3 Old Daka!

Amen my friend. She is sweet.
  • Daka is a very important park of my squad, arena, GW, dark side she does it all. I have definitely won arena battles solely due to her whether due to her revives or some clutch stuns, if she double stuns on first turn I will most likely win. One time I had her and sid up an I use her heal and she revived Luke and lumi, which in turn made me win. I'm sure she's won me some defensive battles as well I'm 15 shards away from 7* and haven't regretted it once.
  • Do you think Old Daka was ever young? And was Young Daka more or less powerful?
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I meant her turn meter, but it is no sense discussing because in your head Poe is unbeatable. I posted this for people with open minds, not ones already dead set that Poe is unbeatable. Thank you though for your expert Poe is unbeatable opinion. We all know how you feel from your 1,000 posts about him.

Her turn meter? On average about once every 3 games an ally who got killed will self-revive and get 20% turn meter. Much of the time this will have no impact on the result; sometimes it will. Regardless, you think this is a significant benefit of playing Old Daka?
    The odds of getting two self-revives in a match are incredibly small. You got lucky and on that basis started this thread. Your original post mentions Poe 15 times. I didn't bring him up. Pardon me for providing input as someone who has actually been using Daka in his arena team for a month.
    This was your proposition: "a higher health Daka could be a good Poe counter with a Phasma lead". She isn't, unless you get incredibly lucky. I've done dozens of fights with her against Poe teams. Those are the facts, whether you like them or not.