Why are refills so much.

jonibunz
5 posts Member
edited December 2015
hi all--been playing cg games since 2011--aoc/hoda/ and now sw!!-sw has to be the best game yet!!--only thing that holds-me back--is the refill cost!!!!-50/100/200/400/800/1600 gems!!why=why -why so drastic a increase!!-it seems like u dont want us to play more--when we all do!!-this is the only thing so far after playing the 1st 2weeks of this great game--please change your rates to be more reasonable-if they drop i know the players will be able to play more it is a win-win for all!!-ty -god bless u all!!
Post edited by Hozilla on

Replies

• Yup. Just posted a thread on this. I woke up this morning, played for about an hour. Now I gotta wait till later tonight before bed to play again. Pretty lame if you ask me.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    The key with this game is to use all of the features available:
    - Regular fights / regular energy.
    - Cantina fights / cantina energy.
    - Arena.
    - Challenges.
    - Galactic War.
    And hopefully more in the future. Even that is several hours' play per day. But if you really want to level up fast, you gotta pay for it... otherwise everyone would be level 60 in the first week.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Powerlifter450
    501 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    This is crazy. I've made a bunch of posts about this. I think everyone who is displeased should write to EA Jesse. Make your voices heard!!!!

Post edited by Lightforce22 on
  • Pipe down freebies.
  • Powerlifter450
    501 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I'm a paying customer and I'm still mad!
    Post edited by Lightforce22 on
  • Regeneration
    303 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    it's just RNG, it was fair.
    Post edited by Regeneration on
  • A lot of other games like this (e.g. Marvel Future Fight) have missions that cost less Energy and times of day where you can log in and get bonus Energy. It's not so much the refill costs hat get me as those two things.
  • davida8546
    216 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Man, you have already tried the 1600 crystals/refresh, lol :)
    Post edited by davida8546 on
  • Thank you all for your feedback on the refill costs, I'll pass this along to the team.
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • Since the thread has your attention, Jesse, let me try to outline what would be the ideal setup in my opinion:

No escalation of prices, the current starting levels are a good point. At this time, I stop buying them at 100 most days, some times 200 if I'm really after a particular piece of gear. At consistent prices, my net crystal spend would be the same, but I'd get more play time for giving you the same (or possibly more with the removal of the mental barrier of the price hike) number of crystals.

I'd like to see faster recharges, but maybe the more reasonable request is full recharge on the midnight reset and level up and retaining the current recharge rate. It really is a drag to get new challenges at midnight and the first thing to do is pay 50 crystals to do them.
  • The escalation is a method of keeping progress of players in check and if you want to progress really fast, you gotta pay for the privilege. There's a lot of ways of compensating for this without reducing the cost of refills such as regular stamina events where you get free stamina. My main issue is that you don't always get an equipment item from a run. Some items are seemingly very rare, which is really frustrating as I could spend 300+ gems on refills to only get 2-3 of the item and I need 20. That's just crazy.
  • Maybe if we act outraged enough on the forums we will be given some kind of compensation for all the 200, 400 and even 800/900 refills that have been bought. You'd have to be masochistic to pay for the tiers above those, but it obviously happens. It's a fun game and people don't want to be restricted from core gameplay elements like strengthening your team by farming gear. No matter the cost. It worked with Heroes of Dragon Age, anyway. Capital Games has a history of getting away with as much as they can before addressing serious issues, so couldn't hurt for them to shell out some free crystals in return. Especially for the free-to-play players, since they have no other recourse than to either restrict their gameplay voluntarily or waste their hard-earned crystals just to be able to make some progress in a reasonable amount of time.
    "Mockery: Oh, Master, I love you, but I hate all you stand for! But I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"
  • The costs in this game are a travesty. Jesse from EA said the anger in the forums towards the current system is palpable. The team at CG is supposedly going to fix this disaster for us.
  • Starkiller wrote: »
    The escalation is a method of keeping progress of players in check and if you want to progress really fast, you gotta pay for the privilege. There's a lot of ways of compensating for this without reducing the cost of refills such as regular stamina events where you get free stamina. My main issue is that you don't always get an equipment item from a run. Some items are seemingly very rare, which is really frustrating as I could spend 300+ gems on refills to only get 2-3 of the item and I need 20. That's just crazy.

I agree. The issue with making regular energy recharges down to 20sim tickets(50before) and increments of crystals is that it feels sneaky. Keeping player progression at bay, which they already did by how much you can do hard missions and how much missions cost, was pretty straightforward for the casual gamer. Spend a few crystals here and there and check back on the game later. Contrary to those who may have spent all of their crystals to advance at a higher rate. Making progress harder is not a smart move because it make the player doubt for any purchase of premium currency, the same way some have their doubts on buying toon packs. Some of course will buy out of impulse or to be the first but most will reason on which are the best bang for buck microtransactions. I for one could have thought of spending a nice amount of freemium crystals and since the way you spend them is not bad in the game I could bought a crystal pack here and there but this just seems like they want you to either hold on to your freemium crystals longer and not buy any just to hold progress or are they gambling on people just spending on the new recharge rates thinking they will buy crystals???.

Game progression doesnt seem like a huge factor because there are many things to do for few hours. Have they changed the daily achievements?

I can be on the developers side for the toon packs and chrome cards because its something extra to get ahead to build your character roster. But messing with the purchasable energy recharge rates makes people be less on the app or even spending less because they feel it's just a scam to refill. Many are playing for the nostalgia and fan factor but others just stay and play because its a good game(so far). Trying to cash in hard from the fan factor hurts the game.
  • Pipe down freebies.

What stupid comment. How do you even know they are F2P? Just because someone questions the rate of something does not mean they cannot afford it or will not pay. It means they aren't dense enough to blindly spend. The rate of refills is way too high. Escalation is stupid. I say this as someone who spent over a grand on Summoners War. Refills were actually worth it. At this moment, refills for this game are overpriced, therefore, I won't pay for it.
  • billbob19 wrote: »

What stupid comment. How do you even know they are F2P? Just because someone questions the rate of something does not mean they cannot afford it or will not pay. It means they aren't dense enough to blindly spend. The rate of refills is way too high. Escalation is stupid. I say this as someone who spent over a grand on Summoners War. Refills were actually worth it. At this moment, refills for this game are overpriced, therefore, I won't pay for it.

I'm fairly sure they typed that because they knew it would elicit this kind of response. Don't sweat it. You don't have to feel ashamed about being a freebie.
    "Mockery: Oh, Master, I love you, but I hate all you stand for! But I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"
  • billbob19 wrote: »

I'm fairly sure they typed that because they knew it would elicit this kind of response. Don't sweat it. You don't have to feel ashamed about being a freebie.

I wouldn't be ashamed at all. I've actually already spent on this game, just not enough to where I'd consider myself a paying player. 10 dollars is like an entrance fee. Now I'm waiting to see what changes are made. If they are too my liking and I know I'll play for a while, I'll invest more heavily. At this point I'm still unsure of whether the game is worth investing in.

And to my original point, which you also seemed to miss. Because someone is unhappy with the price of something doesn't mean they haven't spent. It means they don't feel the price is fair. It really is quite simple.
  • You are a rich man, I stopped when I see the 200 cost.... 1600 sounds crazy
  • - Regular fights / regular energy. In 24hour you generated 240 regular Energy ( Forty 6*energy fight or Twenty 12*energy fight).

- Cantina fights / cantina energy. You can generated 120 Cantina energy in 24hours that is Fifiteen 8*Cantina fight

- Arena - Also if you stay at 200-400rank Arena you also get 60Crystal, You also have 5 Battles. Not allow to sim.

- Challenges. You have events , Not allow to sim

- Galactic War - You have so many fight once you get higher level. not allow to sim.

You have daily activities that give you crystals. I think if you are a casual player you dont really need to spend money.