Rancor Raid New Tier?

Now that the Rancor raid has been out for a long time, some players have found some strategies that are extremely overpowered. First there was Teebo, his turn meter removal along with speed down and a few other characters could solo phase 1. This made some guild's raids last less than a few hours if they had enough Teebo teams. This made raids annoying to people who didn't have Teebo because the raid would often be over before they could get a chance to play and therefor not get any rewards. Fortunately I never had to deal with this but I know some people in my guild are having these issues and as the guild leader, there's not much I can do about it. This wasn't too big of an issue though. Then along came Vader and his Zeta ability....

Now, Vader can solo the entire heroic raid. I'm sure this is not how the developers intended for raids to be. It's supposed to be a challenge to overcome as a guild, not my beefing up a handful of characters and doing it on your own. With this in mind, I have an idea to solve this issue and it's quite simple: a new tier for the Rancor raid.

I don't know exactly what to call it, Maybe the Grand Master tier or something like that. The point is to have a new tier with better rewards, such as gold gear, that functions similar to the heroic tier but would either nerf characters that are currently overpowered or give each tier so much health that you'd need these ridiculous Vader teams to beat it within the two day time limit.

My intention of requesting this is to give the developers a way to make the Rancor a guild challenge again without having to make a change to the current raid which would likely lead to them getting quite a bit of grief from the community.

Replies

• I 100% agree! The Rancor is completely outdated and it causes guilds to fight over creating rules to limit players
  • I agree very much. The pit is basically a chore for guild coins with a desperate hope for cuffs and stun guns. And last night there was a raid time problem in my guild and the raid was gone before most had a chance; lots of drama ensued.
    That being said, keep in mind that with each new addition the amount of time demanded of us by swgoh increases. I thoroughly enjoy this game but if they add too many features, which need to be completed to stay competitive, it may be too much for some. Some aspects need to be made obsolete (or at least rapid) for new features to be added. Once, challenges weren't simmable. Now you can do them all with a few taps.
    It's okay if the pit can be put on auto with Zader and let it be in order for me to have time to focus on AAT or ships.
  • TreeRex
    56 posts Member
    We run Rancor with a 24 hour 0 dmg rule - everyone can send 1 toon for 0 dmg (hit the pigs on the outside, no AOE), then 1 toon for dmg after 24 hours. Let's everyone at least get rewards. We also keep folks with a raid Han to no more than 20% dmg in any phase to let folks get in. We let them unleash every 3rd raid, though. I know it doesn't make it harder, but it lets folks get rewards.
  • Kurrgan
    100 posts Member
    Yes. My guild does that too but so many people can solo it now that they are fighting over not all getting top 3 loot. They need to make a forced turn every x hits like gg so it can't be soloed at least.
  • Lol... that is not a problem my guild has!
    Find me on Discord at Sephiroth#0825