Don't go crazy on Jedi... listen to my not so crazy theory

I think people are missing the boat here. unless you have spent a lot of money, your best bet is to continue to build a balanced roster. especially until you see who the new character is. Why???
The "events" system is being completely overhauled. The Jedi event will go away and then come back after a couple of weeks. what is happening in the event section in the meantime? another restrictive type of event! (ie: nightsisters, sith, ewoks, resistance, First Order)
First of all, i really hope this is what happens because it sounds awesome! second, it's genius by CG/EA because those without self control will constantly be chasing the next reward or character.
So if you are F2P or a light spender maybe slightly alter who you get with shipments and such, but keep in mind my theory because it could impact your long term success and your ability to keep getting those shipments in GW and Arena because of some of the F2P Jedi not being quite up to snuff.

Curious to see other's thoughts on this

Replies

• I agree there on several things. Balance mainly. I'd love to see the events area used for cool events, restrictive and not as restrictive.
  • You're on the right track. I guess you just have to predict who they're releasing and if they're worth grinding for. If you run a certain group (ie first order, nightsisters, droids, scoundrel) then you can focus on them and hope sooner or later they will have their own event and you'll be ahead of the game. However I do think it's about time for the Jedi to get an overhaul so maybe this new character will change the landscape
  • BentWookiee
    4819 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Crap, I feel the need to go spend more $$ so I can have a complete variety of teams just to compete.

Lemme see, Rebel, Sith, Nightsister, droid, Empire, ....
    :D

Welcome to the forum!
  • Sounds reasonable, but think about it, that would mean a new character every time these events come out which is once a week? I don't see them releasing new characters once a week. Yeah they could change the reward but then nobody would waste their time grinding out all them stars for credits or whatever.
    Would love you to be right though! Even if I never get a look in ;)
  • Jar Jar will bring balance to all.

Blaster Misadventures-Multi target attack that does damage to all enemies with a 50% speed down chance and gives 15% turn meter to allies. Allies take 10% damage for each enemy affected by speed down

Stumbling Buffoonery- Removes all taunts and gives both teams DOT

Unique-Clearly Confused-Any character with a Positive buff loses the buff and takes 15% max HP damage, and with negative lose it and gain 15% max health.

Leader-Jar Jar gives all allies 50% evasion chance and they take 10% HP damage for each evaded attack

Jar Jar the ultimate balance in the galaxy.
  • true on non restrictive. i just don't want to be running around with a useless koth for anything but another jedi event
  • jarjar nerf post coming!
  • jrenz33 wrote: »
    jarjar nerf post coming!

Lol!
  • I don't think the f2p jedi hurt your roster. Probably everybody was already leveling QGJ, Jc and lumi. So you'll only need two more the new mace windu seems pretty ok. And Eeth Koth is easy to farm from arena.
    The only liability will be Eeth Koth, but with the increasing popularity of droid teams he could be of use at least in gw.
    Other restrictive type events would be harder to implement I think, Jedi are abundant in the game and somehow easy to farm up. Others like empire (6 heroes), nightsisters (6), ewok (3), sith (3) and droid (4) have to little heroes. Maybe scoundrel (7) and rebel (8) will be possible.
    Anyhow we don't know if there will be any other type events with a new character as prize. But what we do know is the jedi event is coming so we better prepare! :) And its fun to have a new goal
  • Jar Jar's abilities should be something like this:

Basic
    Zui Quan Strike: Deal physical damage to target enemy.
    • Level 2: +5% Damage.
    • Level 3: +5% Damage.
    • Level 4: +15% Damage.
    • Level 5: +5% Damage.
    • Level 6: +5% Damage.
    • Level 7: +15% Damage.
    • Level 8: Damage becomes unstoppable.

Special:
    Masterful Misdirection: A random ally gains Taunt for one turn. Cooldown 5
    • Level 2: Taunt duration +1.
    • Level 3: Add Evasion Up for one turn.
    • Level 4: Cooldown -1.
    • Level 5: Add Foresight for one turn.
    • Level 6: Evasion Up duration +1
    • Level 7: Foresight duration +1

Special:
    Meesa So Sorry: Deal special damage to all enemies. Cooldown 3
    • Level 2: +5% Damage
    • Level 3: Add 50% chance to inflict Offense Down for 1 turn.
    • Level 4: +25% Offense Down chance.
    • Level 5: Add 50% chance to inflict Ability Block for 1 turn.
    • Level 6: +25% Ability Block chance.
    • Level 7: +25% Offense Down chance.
    • Level 8: +25% Ability Block chance.

Unique:
    The True Final Boss: At the beginning of each of his turns, Jar Jar Binks has a 25% chance to gain Stealth for one turn if he has at least one living ally or Offense Up for one turn if he doesn't.
    • Level 2: +10% chance.
    • Level 3: +10% chance.
    • Level 4: +10% chance.
    • Level 5: +15% chance.
    • Level 6: +10% chance.
    • Level 7: +10% chance.
    • Level 8: +10% chance.

He will have very high potency but low speed and damage with moderate HP and good defense. At low levels, he will be more of a burden to your team than an asset but as you level up him and his abilities, he becomes incredibly powerful and capable of nearly crippling his opponent's offensive efforts for a short time. His OP specials are offset by the fact that he is slower than Ventriss and that they have long cooldowns, making it unlikely that he'll get to use either special twice in the same battle.

His Unique ability will ensure that he is either the very first to die or the very last. He will be vulnerable at the start of battle since his stealth won't kick in until he gets his first turn but once he gets it, it will last until everyone else is dead. Opponents will need to decide whether they want to waste their massive first-round DPS on Jar Jar and suffer the wrath of any glass cannons or kill the cannons and let Jar Jar do his thing.
  • My roster will be slightly affected, but Koth is the only Jedi I wouldn't have normally farmed and there's nothing great in arena at the moment. Mostly, I'll miss out on GS for some time, but can come back to him.

I'm fortunate to be a day one player, so I already have a 7* PVP team. I'm hoping they make the first character really strong to please P2P players.

I agree, it may be difficult to do these challenges in the future. Jedi seem to be the easiest to acquire
  • I hoped theyd do a sith one too.
  • Oootini wrote: »
    I hoped theyd do a sith one too.

Ooo..good idea for palpatine
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    jrenz33 wrote: »
    I think people are missing the boat here. unless you have spent a lot of money, your best bet is to continue to build a balanced roster. especially until you see who the new character is. Why???
    The "events" system is being completely overhauled. The Jedi event will go away and then come back after a couple of weeks. what is happening in the event section in the meantime? another restrictive type of event! (ie: nightsisters, sith, ewoks, resistance, First Order)
    First of all, i really hope this is what happens because it sounds awesome! second, it's genius by CG/EA because those without self control will constantly be chasing the next reward or character.
    So if you are F2P or a light spender maybe slightly alter who you get with shipments and such, but keep in mind my theory because it could impact your long term success and your ability to keep getting those shipments in GW and Arena because of some of the F2P Jedi not being quite up to snuff.

Everyone already have JC and Luminara. If some got a bit lucky they may have another 4 star jedi from bronzium cards. I got 4* Ashoka from bronzium. QGJ is very strong and easy to farm now and you can farm him along with Mace Windu which gonna receive a nice buff. And there you have 5 jedi with minimal effort and f2p. If you haven't been lucky with bronzium so far, you can go for Eeth Koth. He is good vs the many droid teams in Arena anyway so you can't be wrong with that one either.
    No need to rush them to 7* instantly.
    Besides, Lumi and JC are nice team together + Mace with buff gonna be a high hp dps + self sustain. Also very good for leader. And GQJ excellent dps paired with another jedi. Sounds like a pretty solid team too.
  • CPMP wrote: »

Everyone already have JC and Luminara. If some got a bit lucky they may have another 4 star jedi from bronzium cards. I got 4* Ashoka from bronzium. QGJ is very strong and easy to farm now and you can farm him along with Mace Windu which gonna receive a nice buff. And there you have 5 jedi with minimal effort and f2p. If you haven't been lucky with bronzium so far, you can go for Eeth Koth. He is good vs the many droid teams in Arena anyway so you can't be wrong with that one either.
    Besides, Lumi and JC are nice team together + Mace with buff gonna be a high hp dps + self sustain. Also very good for leader. And GQJ excellent dps paired with another jedi. Sounds like a pretty solid team too.

I think the all Jedi teams will struggle, unless the bonus character is QGJ level good. But it will be nice to see a shift in meta... I expect a lot more all Jedi teams in arena and GW
  • Oootini wrote: »
    I hoped theyd do a sith one too.

Ooo..good idea for palpatine

so, 2 palpatines?

• I can't see how you could be playing since end of Nov. and not have at least four okay Jedi.... Making 5 ez
  • I just wish they would give us a place to farm Vader or Cad Bane.
  • Eeth isn't really that bad... and depending on what you are doing with Arena shipments, he's a no-brainer to farm up relatively fast if you are at all active in Arena. I'm pausing my farm on 6* Han right now to unlock Eeth at least to give me a Jedi roster to at least try the new event out when it goes live.

I think people already forgot the shift in meta that put Jedi at a bit of a disadvantage vs. Sith overall right now, so running Jedi heavy teams in Arena and GW just because you have them may not be the smartest move right away... just sayin'
    SWGoH Ally Code: 988-869-147 GM of [Elite Casual]
    May the Force be with you.
  • Baal
    602 posts Member
    Doing the same thing everyone else is doing is almost always a bad idea. Building to beat the meta is dicey, but if you do it right, and with a little luck, you end up ahead of the game rather than chasing it.
  • l3end3r wrote: »
    CPMP wrote: »

I think the all Jedi teams will struggle, unless the bonus character is QGJ level good. But it will be nice to see a shift in meta... I expect a lot more all Jedi teams in arena and GW

Not on my server :( I haven't seen a single other person in my top 50 that run as many Jedi in squad arena as me and I only run 3 :/

Nor have I seen more than 1 other person not run sid lol so if anybody does start using their new Jedi they will drop in rank significantly lol.

• If you used the right Jedi it would be good.

Anakin, QGJ, or Ima Gun Di lead

Lumi, Aayla, Ahsoka, any 2 or three of above... There are a lot of good options
  • l3end3r
    895 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Baal wrote: »
    Doing the same thing everyone else is doing is almost always a bad idea. Building to beat the meta is dicey, but if you do it right, and with a little luck, you end up ahead of the game rather than chasing it.

True, but you can't come back and get the event heroes later, so if he's top tier, then you just shot yourself in the foot
  • I run an all Jedi team, and have since like lvl 11(found Ima Gun in a pack). I farmed all the F2P ones up to 7* for my team (Mace and Ahsoka are on my team). In place top 50 to 20 daily (on my server). Lvl 69.

I have never run into another full Jedi team, ever. Even in my GW. I feel like I'm the only one, especially since some of the F2P Jedi are bad (Ashsoka, Mace before buff). I'm ready for the event to unlock the new hero, whoever it is, but I doubt they will change the meta.

Fast heroes, heavy damage is the current thing. The (F2P at least) Jedi are slow, medium to low damage, and aren't great with anti Jedi heroes currently. The new hero would have to be seriously OP to change the meta I feel
  • It was stated that the event will remember the saved position/level of the discontinued last event, thus we will not be able to accumulate shards with repeating stages. Concluding I would say we do not need to hurry to get 5 characters up to speed in case of doubt that we could reach the necessary levels. We could meet the same progress and number of shards just the next or a other tepeated wvent. Just good for players already having the necessary numbers of high star level Jedis as of now.
  • It was stated that the event will remember the saved position/level of the discontinued last event, thus we will not be able to accumulate shards with repeating stages. Concluding I would say we do not need to hurry to get 5 characters up to speed in case of doubt that we could reach the necessary levels. We could meet the same progress and number of shards just the next or a other tepeated wvent. Just good for players already having the necessary numbers of high star level Jedis as of now.
  • Von
    119 posts Member
    What Jedi would you use for the starting five. As I have read in Jesse from EA post. For each stage you must have all five Jedi above the current stage. So for stage 7 you would need five 7 star Jedi.
    So basically you will need easy farmable Jedi's to collect the new character shards.
    What would you use for the challenge ?
    I currently have have these following Jedi :
    7*Qui Gon GEAR VIII , 90/0 shards
    6*Lumi GEAR VII , 50/100 shards
    6*Obi Wan GEAR V , 58/100 shards
    6*Aayla GEAR V , 10/100 shards
    4*Barriss GEAR IV , 13/65 shards
    4*Ashoka GEAR IV , 99/65 shards
    5*Kit Fisto GEAR IV , 300/85 shards
    4*Mace Windu GEAR IV , 50/65 shards
    4*JC GEAR IV , 105/65 shards
    4*Anakin GEAR I , 48/65 shards
    4*Ima-Gun Di GEAR I , 40/65 shards
    3*Plo-Koon GEAR I , 39/30 shards
    Eeth Koth 36/50 shards
    What do you think would be my best option ? Mace Windu is getting a pretty good buff. Would you guys use him ? He also seems really farmable. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks !