Chirrut in chromiums?

Anyone trying to get his shards in chromiums? He has been my most wanted character since his release. Need 30 for unlock. Is it worth trying to get him there? Been saving crystals and I can do 3 of those mega packs. Worth it? Or am I just setting myself up for failure? I've had terrible luck in the past with chromiums trying to get Baze/Shore. So I'm very hesitant.. But a guild mate bought a bunch of chromiums recently and said he got plenty of Rogue1 shards.

Replies

• Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    A guildmate had incredible luck with one pack and unlocked 3 highend toons including chirrut... up to you if you want to roll the dice and see where it lands but lady luck really needs to be on your side
  • PixieClock
    110 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Lady Luck is indeed needed. I've bought two mega packs with saved crystals since chirrut, jyn, etc went to chromium and both times I've had nothing but old characters shards and a genosean spy unlock!

If you've been saving the crystals specifically, go for it.
  • Even Chirrut is starting to become "old meta". The new Sith have been designed to take down the previously unkillable Chaze duo, among others. Just consider that your investment might be better suited to Sith than Chaze, who have already had their time in the sun.
  • Serya
    334 posts Member
    With the new character release schedule they announced the rouge one characters should be farmable in a few more weeks so it might not be worth it at this point. I have jyn unlocked, leveled, and geared but I'm going to hold off on staring her up until she is farmable. If I have waited this long already what is a few more weeks....
  • Palanthian wrote: »
    Even Chirrut is starting to become "old meta". The new Sith have been designed to take down the previously unkillable Chaze duo, among others. Just consider that your investment might be better suited to Sith than Chaze, who have already had their time in the sun.

Yes but once they're ftp farmable (unless it's one hard node like Shore) you bet there'll be a heck of a lot of them floating around
  • Jedigunnie262
    339 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    I bought a 2500 chromium pack and unlocked chirut along with baze and shore shards. It's rng but you're guaranteed at least one character with that pack
  • Bamabb1
    17 posts Member
    I got Chirrut, Jyn and Cassian at 7*. I was going for Chirrut the entire time, but he was by far the lowest drop rate. Jyn was the highest drop rate. I bought probably 7 Mega packs to get him to 7* and I had him at 4* already. I had Jyn at 7* within the first 2-3 packs.

I love the rebels. At this point I run Chaze, Wiggs and swap out 5th spot depending on what I run into. I am working on gearing up an full R1 team, but honestly will probably still run Chaze Wiggs. I have not found any team I cannot beat including zeta sith/ empire teams rather easy. On Defense in arena they are great especially if I throw in K2 or another Tank. I am top 3 consistently. The only teams I struggle against are other Chaze teams. So these guys being on their way out does not seem to be the case. Even though everyone wants that to be the case.

So DarthApok, Chirrut is absolutely worth it. By far my favorite character in the game at this point and really can work within many other teams. He is an amazing healer and he heals in 4 different ways of which only one requires rebels allies. So I pair him with many different non-rebel teams and he is still healing constantly. Also everyone says he has to be paired with Baze. This is not true either. Yes he gives some advantages TO Baze but he does not NEED Baze. I put health and crit mods on him and that keeps him out of One Shot Kill range for the most part. Then he heals so fast it is really hard to bring him down. Also his basic grants heal over time. and his third special does 16K-21K in damage and I don't have him maxed out yet. Which is pretty good for a healer. Plus he counters, and grants tenacity up. I cannot think of any other Character that has such a wide array of abilities.
  • Bt_7274
    357 posts Member
    How are the drop rates for k2?as an ios user i would love to get him while i hunt for cassian
    discord:Darth Woodman#6467,looking for shardmates:Warrior ìN,skirge2000,GlideX,erykgx,harunalp,TDB,Kiwida,dyloot,pm me on discord plz
  • Bamabb1
    17 posts Member
    I got him as well. He was in line with Jyn. I got a lot of K2 and Jyn. Cassian was less and chirrut even less than Cassian. Here is one way of looking at it. I opened the packs as I went and did not do anything with anyone until I got enough to 7* Chirrut.

I ended up having the following in Shards ( or really close to these numbers from Memory)

Jyn 438/30 shards
    K2 410/30 Shards
    Cassian 340/30 Shards
    Chirrut 258/65 Shards

• Thanks^ I might pull the trigger on the packs then. Really I'd be happy with just unlocked or 4* Chirrut. So I'm hoping 2-3 mega packs is enough to do that. Hopefully less so I have some crystals for gear if needed. Although I have a lot of rare and raid gear saved.
  • AtlasMKx
    260 posts Member
    DarthApok wrote: »
    Thanks^ I might pull the trigger on the packs then. Really I'd be happy with just unlocked or 4* Chirrut. So I'm hoping 2-3 mega packs is enough to do that. Hopefully less so I have some crystals for gear if needed. Although I have a lot of rare and raid gear saved.

If you do please report back with what you get as far as Rogue One heroes. I am actually really surprised about what I'm reading here about how common they are in these packs.
  • DaniB32
    196 posts Member
    All i got was denger and leia. Not worth it. I thought they got rid of all old toons. Its a waste of crystals
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    As long as the really desirable characters like mob enforcer, jedi knight guardian, ugnaught and corusant underworld police are in the mega paks... why would you want R1 toons over them?
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    i would wait for sith to become available in crommiums, that way you get both rogue one and sith when the day comes.
  • I'm sorry but there have been a lot of toons released recently and the majority of them aren't even farmable yet. And they're getting ready to release a bunch of these rebel cartoon toons too.

I believe the meta is changing but to say what it is now, or if these new(er) toons are old meta, I don't believe it and wouldn't take any advice on that until most have had the chance to even get them.

I mean seriously - Wedge, Biggs, Lando, EP - the "old" meta is still very alive and strong.
  • Bamabb1
    17 posts Member
    I have a full R1 squad. I don't know if i would call them the new meta or the old meta. Or any Meta. Right now things seem very diversified. There are many great team options. I think there is a counter to every team out there right now. I will say though that a WIggs, Chaze, plus many options is definitely one of the stronger teams in the game.

Here is problem with full R1 team. They struggle to produce the damage needed. The only way I have found to do major damage is to stack exposes. Which is tuff in arena. GW its loads of fun though. But it takes time. So if you go up against someone with a cleanser or a high power single shot damage team you may not have time to set up your exposes before you loose half your team. Or they are just cleansing the debuffs. Now as individuals in other teams setups I have found them to be very useful.

Chirrut is useful in just about any team.
    Baze is one of the best tanks in the game.
    Jyn in Rancor Raids is absolutely incredible with her turn meter reduction and stacking potency.
    K2 is useful as a second tank with his daze.
    Cassian is iffy in my opinion. He gives a lot of debuffs which might be great with Boba or Vader. But I have not played around with him enough.

Together though they are a great team. There is a guy named Scuba that has done some videos of him destroying just about any team with his full R1 team.
  • DarthApok
    277 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Just to update.. 4x mega packs. Pulled 20 Chirrut shards in my first pull. So I only needed 10 more to unlock. And guess what? Yep, you guessed it. No more.. Unlocked K2, Jyn, Cassian & Shore though. I don't really plan on using any of those though so really a let down. Can't believe I couldn't get just 10 more shards.. I'll try again next month maybe..

Edit: Well was too tempted and got a few single packs and got the last 10 Chirrut shards to unlock! Definitely not worth it but I got my most wanted character so I'm content I guess. I'll wait till he's available somewhere else to get him to 4* and up but at least I can work on gearing him in the meantime.
  • Bt_7274 wrote: »
    How are the drop rates for k2?as an ios user i would love to get him while i hunt for cassian

I am an android user and I had in 3 packs 2 full K2's and a lot of shards... :neutral:
  • Rogue one toons are in shipments now, making room for Phoenix rebels
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Don't buy chromiums. Farm him from crystal shipments.
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Zooey wrote: »

I feel I had a better deal doing it from chromiums. And here's why: I was able to get 3 premium characters to 7* for slightly over $400, and within striking distance of Cassian to 7*. Tho I don't find him premium, K2SO came from the shard shop from all the leftover shards. Note, my Jyn was 4* and Chirrut was 5* before I started, though I had previously spent about $40 to get Chirrut to 5* star from 4.

IMG_0749.png
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Well I'll say I'm definitely bummed that he became available in shipments the day after I unlocked him in chromiums. Spending all those precious crystals.. Now it's a slow grind to 4 & 5* and so on..
  • Zooey wrote: »

I feel I had a better deal doing it from chromiums. And here's why: I was able to get 3 premium characters to 7* for slightly over $400, and within striking distance of Cassian to 7*. Tho I don't find him premium, K2SO came from the shard shop from all the leftover shards. Note, my Jyn was 4* and Chirrut was 5* before I started, though I had previously spent about $40 to get Chirrut to 5* star from 4.

IMG_0749.png

@SnakesOnAPlane you've shown that picture more times than CG has shown us Emperor Event pop-ups!
  • Zooey wrote: »

IMG_0749.png

@SnakesOnAPlane you've shown that picture more times than CG has shown us Emperor Event pop-ups!

One more time:

IMG_0749.png
    SnakesOnAPlane