How to deal with Chirrut and Baze in Rex/Kenobi/Maul zeta team?

Ronoaldo
739 posts Member
edited March 2017
Without another Chirrut Baze on your side. I am feeling a complete dumb, garbage player. I play this game for a year, and I have enough problems with these two specially in the teams like:

Rex, Kenobi, Barris(z), Chirrut, Baze
Maul(z), Palpatine, Chirrut, Baze and any of Boba/Nihilus/Kenobi

Mods play a very important role and while not as good as the opposite teams, I do have very decent mods. Still, Chaze breaks each and every team I build. I sincerely have lost the passion to play arena because more and more guys are building teams like the ones I mentioned. These two particular characters have no counter. Boba misses ability block on Chirrut at round 1 and it is game over.

I can deal with palpatine stunning the entire team. But I can't see any way to consistently fight these two in the comps above. I am particularly interested in how the heck you guys defeat them, not in random squads but with the more specific comps I mentioned. They are difficult because you can't keep the team stunned, ability blocked or in shock/daze enough time to focus fire. When you are close to finishing up, freaking Chirrut heals the team giving them HoT for a billion turns. Not to mention that they counter attack, gain turns and start defeating the characters you have in the bench just for fun ...
My favorite characters Empire - Sith
Post edited by Ronoaldo on

Replies

• Bt_7274
    357 posts Member
    Hey there @Ronoaldo ,i had the same problem as you before deathtrooper release,but after he was released i geared him up to nine and now have no problem with chaze,if you want to use zader,my advice for you is to gear your dt(long farm because yours is still gear 1 level 1)but its totally worth it,another option is zeta maul (which you already have)i would suggest running : maul L,Kenobi,nihilus,ep,dooku and boba/vader depending on the situation,sorry for the book hope it helped
    discord:Darth Woodman#6467,looking for shardmates:Warrior ìN,skirge2000,GlideX,erykgx,harunalp,TDB,Kiwida,dyloot,pm me on discord plz
  • At lvl 75 my control team works well against Chaze: Assajj Ventress L, Old Daka, Barriss, Yoda, Nihilus.
    Just dispell baze's taunt and do not hit them until nihiluses' instakill is ready.
  • Bt_7274
    357 posts Member
    seegester wrote: »
    At lvl 75 my control team works well against Chaze: Assajj Ventress L, Old Daka, Barriss, Yoda, Nihilus.
    Just dispell baze's taunt and do not hit them until nihiluses' instakill is ready.

@seegester @Ronoaldo is talking about end game that team isnt even top 200 relevant in my shard
    discord:Darth Woodman#6467,looking for shardmates:Warrior ìN,skirge2000,GlideX,erykgx,harunalp,TDB,Kiwida,dyloot,pm me on discord plz
  • Striker
    198 posts Member
    It is very important to have B2 in that case. Just apply buff immunity, and block chirrut skills (Boba for example), and try to kill some one damage dealer in your turn. Heal immunity debuff will be important too.
  • Ronoaldo
    739 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Bt_7274 wrote: »
    Hey there @Ronoaldo ,i had the same problem as you before deathtrooper release,but after he was released i geared him up to nine and now have no problem with chaze,if you want to use zader,my advice for you is to gear your dt(long farm because yours is still gear 1 level 1)but its totally worth it,another option is zeta maul (which you already have)i would suggest running : maul L,Kenobi,nihilus,ep,dooku and boba/vader depending on the situation,sorry for the book hope it helped

Sorry, did not understood your Maul lead suggestion, is it 5 sith or Dooku get replaced with Boba?
  • Ronoaldo wrote: »

Sorry, did not understood your Maul lead suggestion, is it 5 sith or Dooku get replaced with Boba?

Another failed try:

https://youtu.be/4nlGzOSp4yU
  • mlb1399
    674 posts Member
    A fast boba and B2 work very well against Chaze. Boba will ability block CHirrut which is important to block his as the force wills. B2 cleanses and adds immunity buff. If you can land immunity buff against Baze, you can now open fire against Chirrut. I've also found Palp and Kylo effective if they can land stun against Chirrut.

I run: Ep(l), B2, DN, Zylo and Vader/Boba depending on the situation. They are very effective against Chaze. Now Chaze with Rex makes things more difficult.
  • C1pher_Five
    267 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    I know two reliable solutions: Boba Fett and B2.

Also Darth Nihilus. *laughs in Annihilate*
  • Ronoaldo
    739 posts Member
    mlb1399 wrote: »
    A fast boba and B2 work very well against Chaze. Boba will ability block CHirrut which is important to block his as the force wills. B2 cleanses and adds immunity buff. If you can land immunity buff against Baze, you can now open fire against Chirrut. I've also found Palp and Kylo effective if they can land stun against Chirrut.

I run: Ep(l), B2, DN, Zylo and Vader/Boba depending on the situation. They are very effective against Chaze. Now Chaze with Rex makes things more difficult.

Chaze alone is indeed bearable with your suggestions. I updated my title to reflect what the issue is.
  • Bt_7274
    357 posts Member
    Ronoaldo wrote: »

Dooku replaced with boba,also b2 worka well
  • Bt_7274 wrote: »
    @seegester @Ronoaldo is talking about end game that team isnt even top 200 relevant in my shard

@Bt_7274 is any team in your top200 based on control (active defense) + instakill strategy?
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    seegester wrote: »

@Bt_7274 is any team in your top200 based on control (active defense) + instakill strategy?

You'll understand when you get there bud.

@Ronoaldo I struggled a lot as well versus Rex Chaze lineups. I could eek out a 50% or so winrate with Zader Boba EP, TFP but it was never easy. Nihilus leading a tanky team might be the way to go now though with the changes. I see something like Nihilus GK Boba B2 Sid working quite well vs them.
  • So, after 15 battles against these two kinds of comps versus two top players in my arena leaderboard (both from Mighty Chlorians guild), I started to go from agony to angry, from angry to the dark side, with a lot of cry in the middle of the two.

Thanks to a very skilled shard mate (@SpeeedDarkwalkers), I got two team comps that were reliable and effective, after a few mod rework on key characters that were very very wrong.

Against Rex/Barris(zeta)/Kenobi/Chaze team, I was using my regular Vader lineup: Vader(zeta), TFP (at 272 speed), Boba, Palpatine and General Kenobi. 10 out of 10 battles were a draw, or a complete failure. This didn't worked because the first move from TFP triggered a series of effects contrary to my team, and I ended up with no Kenobi, a whole set of 3 turn tenacity up and, by the time I got a chance to stick some debuffs, just Vader was alive and got killed. I attempted several combos but the one that @SpeeedDarkwalkers suggested was very, very effective: Vader, Boba (with the TFP mods), Palpatine, General Kenobi (with very fast mods) and Shoretrooper. My mistake was to use TFP and only one Tank. Another point is to stick a huge amount of debuffs on every one until you can't see anything else in the screen, then, and only then, execute with Boba, one by one. The result was a very fun win:

cdyMnPj.png

Against Zaul/Chaze combos, two teams were effective. This is important because, well, look at this:

GEc3DHa.png

The Shore/Kenobi dual in my Vader lineup worked fine in some moments where the speed of the opposing team was not very obscene. But the more reliable one was Rex(L) with high tenacity and speed, Kenobi, Palpatine, Boba and B2. Rex and Kenobi dual cleanser prevents the imminent team collapse and Kenobi holds on until you can take out Chirrut. Boba blocks on Chirrut is a must, and Palpatine slowly helps to control the match, draining their lives >:)

I was making some mod mistakes (like, low tenacity on Rex, very very very very ridiculously slow Kenobi) and insisting in TFP in the mix. Having the dual tank in my Zader lineup proved to be more effective, so they ensure that Palpatine, Vader and Boba last longer to revert the battle outcome.

Thank'all for the tips here, I really appreciate!
  • SpeeedDarkwalkers
    118 posts Member
    edited March 2017
  • Thank you, this is very informative !
    My shard is also filled with the exact same team comp that you described !

Some question though : what speed is your boba now (with TFP mods) ? What happens if you encountered a faster boba than yours ? Usually that's where I loose... If enemies boba strike first and ability block mine, it's game over :/
    I have also considered myself to used sunfac instead of shore. Shore gets untaunted to easily, while SF can dispel baze and kenobi.
    Thanks
  • @Ronoaldo

Have you faced any Maul zeta with Sith assasin squads? They are a few guys who use a Sith assassin with 314 speed, so that DN will increase your cooldowns right from the start. I have yet to find an effective counter to those squads.
    SWGOH.gg profile - Our guild, 3720 to 1, has 1 spot open! [49/50].
  • Ronoaldo
    739 posts Member
    Thank you, this is very informative !
    My shard is also filled with the exact same team comp that you described !

Some question though : what speed is your boba now (with TFP mods) ? What happens if you encountered a faster boba than yours ? Usually that's where I loose... If enemies boba strike first and ability block mine, it's game over :/
    I have also considered myself to used sunfac instead of shore. Shore gets untaunted to easily, while SF can dispel baze and kenobi.
    Thanks

My Boba has now around 246 speed, but can go a bit faster if I sacrifice some other team members bonus set and speed. It does messes around if another Boba goes first, much like Palpatine under Maul zeta leader going first and stunning the whole squad. There is a lot of RNG involved, but the team comps I listed are the ones with higher changes of victory, as well as to change the match mid-game with some cleanser/stuns.
  • Ronoaldo
    739 posts Member
    @Ronoaldo

Have you faced any Maul zeta with Sith assasin squads? They are a few guys who use a Sith assassin with 314 speed, so that DN will increase your cooldowns right from the start. I have yet to find an effective counter to those squads.

No Sith assassin in my shard but the majority of Boba/Palpatine under zaul leader goes before me. Nihilus going first and increasing cooldowns off the bat is indeed a very very bad thing :disappointed:
  • Ronoaldo
    739 posts Member
    I'll try to record some vids to show off the teams I face, and some win/loss to show how it goes.
  • OK - I found a good counter to the Zaul + Chaze combos!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LG7kgGc4lbs
  • Ronoaldo wrote: »
    @Ronoaldo

No Sith assassin in my shard but the majority of Boba/Palpatine under zaul leader goes before me. Nihilus going first and increasing cooldowns off the bat is indeed a very very bad thing :disappointed:

And it works against Sith Assassin too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rvZAxWJkws
  • And it works against triple cleansers with Barris, Kenobi and Chaze!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhLbz2btIIw