This is a game

Replies

• or even worse not being able to unlock a favorite like obi wan is disappointing.

I think this is where they missed an opportunity. Having characters only available to people who spend thousands of dollars is not producing any interest in those of us unwilling to spend thousands of dollars. 99% of the player base cannot afford (or get lucky enough) to pull multiple shards packs for any particular character. If they would have made getting characters somewhat random, that would make everyone feel like they at least had the chance of getting a character that can be competitive.

I'd probaby spend money on this game if I felt it was worth it, but character packs are a terrible way to level up your teams. Case in point, I drew a Leia. But, she's 2 star and won't likely move from there for months/years?!? She's useless to me.
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Varlie wrote: »
    1. Star Wars characters fighting other Star Wars characters.
    2. I like collecting and building characters.
    3. Galaxy War

I played the fantasy version game before this and found it incredibly fun so when I saw they did a Star Wars version I was in right away.

^^^^ This.
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    I would also add the feeling of finally sniping someone out of 1st place in the arena after weeks of grinding to improve your team.
  • I like when my team doesn't fly down Arena rankings over a couple hours. I'd like to imagine it was my team being unbeatable over just getting lucky and no one fighting me lol
  • vangoh
    127 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    swgod98 wrote: »
    or even worse not being able to unlock a favorite like obi wan is disappointing.

I think this is where they missed an opportunity. Having characters only available to people who spend thousands of dollars is not producing any interest in those of us unwilling to spend thousands of dollars. 99% of the player base cannot afford (or get lucky enough) to pull multiple shards packs for any particular character. If they would have made getting characters somewhat random, that would make everyone feel like they at least had the chance of getting a character that can be competitive.

I'd probaby spend money on this game if I felt it was worth it, but character packs are a terrible way to level up your teams. Case in point, I drew a Leia. But, she's 2 star and won't likely move from there for months/years?!? She's useless to me.

It would be nice if after you get an exclusive character you could rank it up with out buying more packs. You would still have to pay to find it but not spend tons on getting random shards. Or maybe even pay small amounts to buy specific shards.
  • I've noticed your efforts in creating more positive posts here - that is so refreshing and much appreciated!

I love that it's a new game and there are so many new features to come.

I absolutely love Ashoka from Clone Wars and Rebels and I took a lot of time leveling her up despite the fact that she's slow and not the best toon. I love the fact that all that hard work is going to pay off with this new Jedi challenge to get the new Yoda - I mean mystery character.
  • stupidfatfool
    715 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Have fun everyone. What is the most fun for you in this game? What makes it fun for you? What is your favorite aspect of it?
    The ability of the game to replace reality and human interactions.

• Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    I love unlocking a toon build it up, and find a use for it, that's why before the lvl cap raise, instead of using crystals on energy, like every one said, was the way to play, I bought a cromium pack every time I had 350 crystals, resulting in I have way to many toons to upgrade, but I like it that way, and yes I was slow to get to lvl 60(dec 2nd-jan 14th) and it actually paid off, for I pulled QGJ a few times, and now he is upgradeble and should be a good toon, for the upcomming jedi challenge, the race I did to lvl from 60-70 was also fun, as I'm so lucky to be on an arena list, that don't have high rollers, I came in second, so only silver to me :p
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • I like Galactic Warfare the most, after that I suppose building up my characters, and then Light/Side battles when new ones are available. I don't really care for Arena and do it for the daily tokens.
  • I love that I get to be a Pokémon Master, but with Star Wars heroes.

Gotta catch 'em all.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Star Wars. That alone is fun

Seriously tho, I like Galactic War and PvP

I like that daily challenges require different troop comps. I get to test out stuff.

Like I recently noticed it's very fun to use a team of Phasma, Dooku, QGJ, Daka and FOO (the Opress Savage challenge)
  • 1. I love that I finally get the respect I should have by being the most dominant force in the galaxy.
    2. I love all the attention pointed at me
    3. I love all the haters out there trying to castrate me.
    4. I love the new update. It will prove you can take some power away; yet I'll still dominate & now I can see what squad is dumb enough not to use me so we can force them out of top 20.
  • I love it because it's a Star Wars game firstly and that you can command these iconic characters. Arena aside, I hope to create teams that can compete in GW instead of just the "suggested" build of winning. All in all I like unlocking and upgrading the different characters.
    :smile:
  • It's fun putting a new hero in your squad with new abilities. The developers are humorous w/ the names of the abilities and that's fun
  • EM650 wrote: »
    I would also add the feeling of finally sniping someone out of 1st place in the arena after weeks of grinding to improve your team.

I'm with you there. That feeling of accomplishment after your hard work.
  • TheJack31 wrote: »
    I like when my team doesn't fly down Arena rankings over a couple hours. I'd like to imagine it was my team being unbeatable over just getting lucky and no one fighting me lol

Love it
  • vangoh wrote: »
    swgod98 wrote: »
    or even worse not being able to unlock a favorite like obi wan is disappointing.

It would be nice if after you get an exclusive character you could rank it up with out buying more packs. You would still have to pay to find it but not spend tons on getting random shards. Or maybe even pay small amounts to buy specific shards.

I have posted about this myself and agree completely.
  • I've noticed your efforts in creating more positive posts here - that is so refreshing and much appreciated!

I love that it's a new game and there are so many new features to come.

I absolutely love Ashoka from Clone Wars and Rebels and I took a lot of time leveling her up despite the fact that she's slow and not the best toon. I love the fact that all that hard work is going to pay off with this new Jedi challenge to get the new Yoda - I mean mystery character.

First off, thank you.

Second the game is for fun if you love a character why not have them leveled up and maxed so you can have fun? Kudos on Tano. I like her movements honestly and I chose here to level up because of that. She is a fun toon with cool movements.
  • Have fun everyone. What is the most fun for you in this game? What makes it fun for you? What is your favorite aspect of it?
    The ability of the game to replace reality and human interactions.

You noticed that too eh? :)
  • Ztyle wrote: »
    I love unlocking a toon build it up, and find a use for it, that's why before the lvl cap raise, instead of using crystals on energy, like every one said, was the way to play, I bought a cromium pack every time I had 350 crystals, resulting in I have way to many toons to upgrade, but I like it that way, and yes I was slow to get to lvl 60(dec 2nd-jan 14th) and it actually paid off, for I pulled QGJ a few times, and now he is upgradeble and should be a good toon, for the upcomming jedi challenge, the race I did to lvl from 60-70 was also fun, as I'm so lucky to be on an arena list, that don't have high rollers, I came in second, so only silver to me :p

I did the same, collecting wise. It slows you down, but I want that full cupboard to enjoy a variety. If it slows me, so be it. I'm having fun.
  • I like Galactic Warfare the most, after that I suppose building up my characters, and then Light/Side battles when new ones are available. I don't really care for Arena and do it for the daily tokens.

I agree. I LOVED the old Galactic War and admit I jumped on the why change it bandwagon, albiet only briefly, until I gave it a chance. While I mis the coach like feeling I do enjoy the new way as well. It gives you awesome opportunity to test and try things. Also used right you can really see more about RNG, IMO.
  • I love that I get to be a Pokémon Master, but with Star Wars heroes.

Gotta catch 'em all.

Thank you Cosmic Turtle I appreciate the post :)

I never did Pokemon, but I can relate with "gotta catch em all" I must own every toon and will keep on keeping on until I do,lol.
  • Star Wars. That alone is fun

Seriously tho, I like Galactic War and PvP

I like that daily challenges require different troop comps. I get to test out stuff.

Like I recently noticed it's very fun to use a team of Phasma, Dooku, QGJ, Daka and FOO (the Opress Savage challenge)

I do not yet have FOO, but I'd like to try that.

I have fun with Phasma, Dooku, Ventress, Daka, JC on it. Honestly Poor Opress typically never gets a shot in as he is stunned the whole fight,lol. I almost pity him, almost.
  • Nitric wrote: »
    I love it because it's a Star Wars game firstly and that you can command these iconic characters. Arena aside, I hope to create teams that can compete in GW instead of just the "suggested" build of winning. All in all I like unlocking and upgrading the different characters.
    :smile:

Awesome I share that. I use GW as a testing ground a lot.
  • It's fun putting a new hero in your squad with new abilities. The developers are humorous w/ the names of the abilities and that's fun

Yes they are. If Jar Jar comes out I hope they do Stumbling Buffoonery as one. Would be classic.
  • I like how it is a play at your own pace game. You can play all day trying to fight your way to the top. Or just spend an hour a day if you like.
  • I like how it is a play at your own pace game. You can play all day trying to fight your way to the top. Or just spend an hour a day if you like.

Yes that is awesome. I've been on both sides there.
  • Sometimes when I am waiting in a car and it's raining I look at two drops that are about to roll down the windscreen and pretend they are in an imaginary race to the bottom.

I enjoy that game as well.
  • BentWookie wrote: »
    Sometimes when I am waiting in a car and it's raining I look at two drops that are about to roll down the windscreen and pretend they are in an imaginary race to the bottom.

I enjoy that game as well.

LOL. I love the humor you bring to the forum.
  • mel
    127 posts Member
    I like Galactic Warfare the most, after that I suppose building up my characters, and then Light/Side battles when new ones are available. I don't really care for Arena and do it for the daily tokens.
    This. I think the new GW is great. I have an A-team I use to crank through most of it, and like everyone else have a suicide squad. But the suicide squad is by far the most fun because they'll surprise you every now and then and you stumble upon a toon you weren't really paying that much attention too. Hoth Rebel Soldier and First Order Stormtrooper are bad-****. And I've managed to do pretty great going against conventional wisdom and not bothering getting Dooku, Phasma, Sidious, Daaka. Best move I made was ignoring the forum and going all-in on Ventress. Like you I could give two siths about Arena.