QoL suggestions - (Merged Threads)

12346Next

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    15min lock-out = 100 crystals. 2nd place only rewards 50 crystals less than 1st.
    ps. do you have multiple accounts?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • AbyssalH
    303 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    15min lock-out = 100 crystals. 2nd place only rewards 50 crystals less than 1st.
    Just 1 a time.. But this is my 11th haha .. Thanks to bent wookie.. Why do you ask?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    AbyssalH wrote: »
    Just 1 a time.. But this is my 11th haha .. Thanks to bent wookie.. Why do you ask?

i meant swgoh accounts, not forum accounts.
    i asked because last time i saw your profile you were no where near top3, so i'm wondering if you had a 2nd account or just improved rank on your only account.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • We have another big thread going on this topic as well. There are many issues with the current arena payout and the 4x is not going to help it.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/94598/qol-suggestions-reconstituted-thread/p1
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Oh, missed that one, thx!
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • + 1 billion
  • Yes especially since this used to work correctly.
  • I would love to see this change
  • AbyssalH
    303 posts Member
    AbyssalH wrote: »

i meant swgoh accounts, not forum accounts.
    i asked because last time i saw your profile you were no where near top3, so i'm wondering if you had a 2nd account or just improved rank on your only account.

Im still not close to top 3
    Once upon a time i was top 10 everyday with my droids.. I took a 2 months break and everything changed to wigg.. I dropped back to top 100 .. Then top 70 now top 50 and soon hopefully top 20 when maul gets his zeta
  • Love the suggestions here. The net joy I would experience from playing SWGOH would increase tenfold if I did not have to chose between family time and a strong arena payout.

I would also like to thank the devs for this most recent QOL update, great job!
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    First thanks a lot for the QoL updates, just awesome!!!

I would like a full mod swap/remove and a filter for categories. Maybe if possible, an aditional filter for speed, damage, crit chance, etc.
  • The following list contains many “Quality of Life” ideas from me and my guild members who have been playing for roughly a year or more. I do not speak for “we” as the forums, but rather for me and my guild alone. If anyone else agrees, disagrees, or has more insight then please feel free to leave a remark.

1) Gear Store (For useless gear trading)

The ability to trade basic gear for more expensive/rare gear. This will help with the gear grind. We thought the best place for this would be a “Gear Store” located over on the left hand side of the Cantina (just under the “Guilds” icon).

For Example, I could trade my Mk 5 SoroSuub Keypad (1051 of which I have!), my Mk 1 Neuro-Saav Electobinoculars (668), Mk 3 BioTech Implant (339), and Mk 4 A/KT Stun Gun (692) etc. for other rare gear that I want and need. I don’t know exactly how the process could work, but perhaps 100 of the Mk 1 can be worth 1 purple gear of our choice. 100 of the Mk 2 is worth 2 purple gear, 100 Mk 3 is worth 3, etc. That way we can get the 50 pieces of gear a little bit faster. I mean, I wouldn’t want all that crap just sitting in my garage! I’d sell it! Exchanging them for credits wouldn’t be a bad idea either.

*While on this topic, we want to CHOOSE FOR OURSELVES the gear that we get after raids!!! Why can’t we? If I’m a Viking and I go on a raid, I’m gonna CHOOSE what I WANT and take it. Not let some random guy choose what I get. I put in the work to the Rancor or the Tank so I should choose what rewards I reap! We are sick of spending all of this time collecting raid tickets and participating in the raids to only get crappy rewards.

2) Guild Battles/Training

This one is my personal favorite. The ability to battle our guild members would be awesome. Perhaps we could go into the Guilds tab and have an option to “link up” (kind of like in Force Arena) and wait for a guild member to challenge us. Messaging would be going on to help coordinate battles and we can all learn from each other and get some practice in. Maybe the “Guild Battles” could have its own chat server that way it doesn’t interfere with the raid chat. By doing this we could test out new teams and find things that we like about characters that we just don’t use very often without the cost of energy. That way those people who complain about not having anything to do after their energy is spent and challenges are done will have some practice time. Perhaps it costs 100 ally points to play and winner takes all. So the winner could be rewarded 200 ally points or something. I personally don’t think that the rewards should be very big that way it’s more of a focus on Training and using weaker team combinations to experiment with. We could also give our guild members key tips and such if we notice that they could have done something better.

Maybe AI simulations could analyze these battles so that it could learn from them to perform better in Arena and not just do specials just because they are available after cool down and unneeded. I’ve won many battles thanks to the AI being stupid and not attacking me or doing a special that was out of place. Oh, and don’t forget about the bragging rights that these GM vs GM could bring! All in all, this would be a very fun and great addition to the game!

3) Ally Points

Speaking of ally points, we want the ability to cash in for multiple bronziums at a time. At least 20! (Just like multi simming a Cantina or regular Energy node). The multi sim option update in the Challenges is on the right path to this.

4) Farmable ships

Is it about time to add all of the ships to nodes now? I know of Jedi Consular’s Fighter being on one, why not all of the available ships by now? I need Vader’s ship to 4*! That sounds pretty quality of life to me!

5) Visibility

We also want the negative and positive status effects to get out of the way of the TM bar. We can’t see who can go next on the opposite team and it can screw up our strategy. Perhaps the TM bar should go above the Status Effects once there are more than 3 on them or something. Or if there are multiple of the same, like Heal Over Time or Damage Over Time, it could have just ONE of those specific Status Effects with a number above the box depicting how many there are on that character.

For example: If a character (like Baze Malbus) had Speed down, Defense down, offense down, retribution, 2 heal over time (from ally Chirrut), and 4 damage over time (from enemy Vader), then Heal Over Time would have the number 2 above it and damage over time would have the number 4. So that would only be 6 Status Effect boxes above the character instead of 10. That’s still a lot, in which case the TM would have to go above the Effects as mentioned earlier, but either way, we would like to see what we’re doing please!

6) Achievement Darth Vader Shards

Ever since I have 7* Darth Vader from the achievements, I haven’t bothered looking at them because I don’t care much about Darth Vader shards to only be converted to just 15 Shard Shop currency. Rather, we thought it would be awesome to trade Darth Vader shards earned ONLY from the Achievements to be converted into shards of our choice character … OR into Darth Vader’s SHIP shards, the TIE Advanced x1. But any Darth Vader Shards earned from Ship Shipments or the Shard Shop can NOT be converted into shards of our choice. Or to make it more simple, let us just CHOOSE the character shards that we want from achievements AFTER our Darth Vader is 7* instead of having to complicatedly convert them, but either way, I’d be more happy.

7) Chat Emojis

Last, but not least, some chat emojis would be pretty cool. Like even if they were Star Wars emojis to display a funny message and what not.
  • Setting Defense team in the Arena.

Weekly Double drop days, one for energy one for cantina energy. Played a similar game that had this. People would drop a ton of cash on crystals weekly on those days so it isn't a bad business move or anything.

The daily free energy goes into your mailbox. if you can't log in to claim it you don't lose it. People have lives & responsibilities.

Ally Chat. I loved talking strategy with my arena rivals in a similar game.
  • J_Raphs
    85 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Mod Management

Just like the Squad Management. Players are able to set up various combinations of mods over multiple tabs. one click to set, one click to confirm the credits, and boom, mods are switched.
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    J_Raphs wrote: »
    Mod Management

Just like the Squad Management. Players are able to set up various combinations of mods over multiple tabs. one click to set, one click to confirm the credits, and boom, mods are switched.

I've suggested this as well, along with dozens of others. I was told not to get my hopes up for mod management. They're such a rainmaker that CG wants us to have different mods for every character, not help us manage the ones we have.
  • two things would be nice to me:

1) Low Res Version of ships.... (or something that would let it run on older devices).

2) Ability to change our timezone and payouts (at a cost).
  • Kurgen
    226 posts Member
    J_Raphs wrote: »
    Mod Management

This is literally the only thing I really want. Click of last mod setup for each char and I'd be happy. Don't even need several setups. Or connect it to choose squad and it sets the mods up for that squad.

Either way I'd be happy. Currently takes me over an hour of raiding to swap mods around (if I can be bothered).
  • I'd love a gear heist to get cuffs or the purple hair dryers. I find this more likely than changing the challenges to provide better gear.

I also would not mind also mod heist to grab at least blue mods. Everyone already uses scoundrels so it could be fun if they made it a bit more difficult.
  • Orkazm
    10 posts Member
    @OdinOakenshield thanks to pointing me to this thread, I overlooked when searching for this discussion.

I'm on board with the OP idea of the highest rank of your day. I like the idea of changing timezones but that's not going to be as optimal because life just tends to get on the way of the game.

I started playing on november and spending just one month after. When I unlocked fleets I spent a good amount on improving my fleet, and I'm sitting on the top10 comfortable, but looks like most of my shard share the same payout.

I'm unable to play all days at payout because or I'm commuting from work, or it colludes with family time. I have no problem on claiming top1 on fleets but it's pointless because I'm not going to be able to hold it at payout. So, why keep spending? After 2 weeks I stopped, there is no point for me.

I don't have the same problem on arena because I'm not so high, but I'm not spending on crystals as much as I would do because there is no point if I'm going to have the same problem when reaching top10.

For the ones that say that this would be bad business because of the extra crystals people will be getting, I'm not so sure about that. For what I'm reading here, more people will spend more if it helps them to place higher. I'm sure I'd do it, but hey, I may be wrong. If that's what worries CG, maybe just reworking the rewards so they give more arena currency and no crystals (like on fleets) can solve that.

In a few words: when a game colludes with family time, commuting time or work meetings, I end up quitting spending. So totally on board with OP idea of highest rank of the day.
  • RancorPackGuild
    1363 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    QoL suggestions.

All energy picked up anytime in 24 hrs of play.

Perhaps just a bit more Cantina Energy or increased earning rate since the additional Mod section is a necessary >:)

Please update Bronzium to carry Cantina Energy and perhaps a few new characters.

Add regular Training Droids to Galactic War Store or elsewhere.
  • Guild suggestion.

I already posed an excellent idea to help leaders and members.

Raid Damage Limiter.

The guild leader selects a maximum damage amount for the raid that caps damage evenly for every member of the guild. Each raid has a cap set tool. That limit cannot be exceeded by a player, but does not limit play for that attempt! It can be changed it at any given point by the guild leader

The Pit
    U =Unlimited Play/No Damage Cap
    0 damage (good to get all players on the board)
    1m
    1.5m
    2m
    2.5m
    ...and so on in 500K amounts

Tank Takedown
    U
    1m
    1.5m
    ...and so on

Each player cannot exceed the damage until that cap is raised by the leader or 24 hrs is reached and an additional play of the same cap set is allowed.

If a player hits the raid cap on an attempt their play continues only for that team until defeated or raid is deafeted by that player on that attempt, however only the cap amount is added to the collective raid total. A raid solo will not kill the Rancor with a cap set even if the player makes it through the whole raid, unless it is Phase 4 and less than the cap is left on the raid during that attempt.

If a player does not reach the cap in one attempt, then they play the next attempt up to the limit of the raid attempts or cap is reached.

Once that cap is reached additional attempts are locked and reserved in case the guild leader increases the damage cap during a 24 hour period

As complicated as I make it sound, it is a great tool.

No worries about members going over on damage, and no need for a surrender.

No need to communicate to players who are op and cannot read the guild feed due to age, social media blocks, and or language barriers.
  • I'm struggling with a certain guild on my server. I'm in the unfortunate situation that I share a payout time with three of them, with the remaining two an hour later.

It was already getting a little lame trying to navigate around them a few months back as they'd lock each other into position stopping anyone even starting an arena bout. However, they've now started targetting their biggest threats to ensure max payout for their guild and mimiming those not from their guild.

It's a major disadvantage to share their payout time and being to wrong side of a 5 vs 1 is a little frustrating!

Rather than whine about their tactics I'd like to know if there's any support in the community for an easy solution: let me select a different payout so they can arrange slots 1-5 for themselves on a rotation basis. (Can't see the fun in that myself - but to each their own). I could then have a crack at pitting my team agains other players in a more even contest.

Thoughts?

• The option to open multiple Bronzium packs at a time would be amazing!!!

And while we're at it, let's add a very small chance at the new gear, toons, and ship shards? Thanks!!