This is a game

Replies

• The anticipation is what gets me. Farming a desired character for weeks and finally unlocking that character. Then the next goal to max gear, being able to test out the character in gw. Eventually, the best part is introducing that character to the team and seeing the fruit of my labor.
  • mel wrote: »
    I like Galactic Warfare the most, after that I suppose building up my characters, and then Light/Side battles when new ones are available. I don't really care for Arena and do it for the daily tokens.
    This. I think the new GW is great. I have an A-team I use to crank through most of it, and like everyone else have a suicide squad. But the suicide squad is by far the most fun because they'll surprise you every now and then and you stumble upon a toon you weren't really paying that much attention too. Hoth Rebel Soldier and First Order Stormtrooper are bad-****. And I've managed to do pretty great going against conventional wisdom and not bothering getting Dooku, Phasma, Sidious, Daaka. Best move I made was ignoring the forum and going all-in on Ventress. Like you I could give two siths about Arena.

I have a few teams. I used one once on a final fight to soften as I was on cooldowns and such. To my surprise they won. That is fun. They had no business winning, the force was just with them.
  • ill get back to you IF and when Revan is released
  • The anticipation is what gets me. Farming a desired character for weeks and finally unlocking that character. Then the next goal to max gear, being able to test out the character in gw. Eventually, the best part is introducing that character to the team and seeing the fruit of my labor.

Love that as well.
  • Because "JEDI"
  • mel
    127 posts Member
    mel wrote: »
    I like Galactic Warfare the most, after that I suppose building up my characters, and then Light/Side battles when new ones are available. I don't really care for Arena and do it for the daily tokens.
    This. I think the new GW is great. I have an A-team I use to crank through most of it, and like everyone else have a suicide squad. But the suicide squad is by far the most fun because they'll surprise you every now and then and you stumble upon a toon you weren't really paying that much attention too. Hoth Rebel Soldier and First Order Stormtrooper are bad-****. And I've managed to do pretty great going against conventional wisdom and not bothering getting Dooku, Phasma, Sidious, Daaka. Best move I made was ignoring the forum and going all-in on Ventress. Like you I could give two siths about Arena.

I have a few teams. I used one once on a final fight to soften as I was on cooldowns and such. To my surprise they won. That is fun. They had no business winning, the force was just with them.

Ha! It's great when that happens. I'm working on another suicide squad for my original suicide squad because I've grown fond of them.

Ha! It's great when that happens. I'm working on another suicide squad for my original suicide squad because I've grown fond of them.

The fun of creation,lol.

lol

i do it all the time

i send in some random squads on the last battle, figure if they don't win, wtv as I still have the A-squad, and so many times they actually win. I love it. (of course I lose chara and it's not a clean fight, but that actually makes it more fun)

lol

i do it all the time

i send in some random squads on the last battle, figure if they don't win, wtv as I still have the A-squad, and so many times they actually win. I love it. (of course I lose chara and it's not a clean fight, but that actually makes it more fun)

Totally agree
  • Great post!!!

I am addicted to and love this game for several reasons:

1. Global War!! All the whining about it aside, most nights it is a great challenge for me, having to use different combinations of characters, every now and then letting Chewie or Poe take one for the team. It wasn't meant to be waiting in line for 15 shards, it was meant to be a challenge!!
    2. I love that leveling/acquiring toons is difficult. Even if you buy Chromium, getting the toon you WANT is definitely not easy.
    3. I love strategizing against the different team makeups. (Which is why the arena is so boring to me)
    4. I love the Star Wars characters being true to film/lore
    5. I just unlocked Rey after 6 weeks of farming (I know, I should have just went chromium) and man did it feel good activating her after all that work!!!

The things I don't like:
    1. I want more challenging content like global war (don't make it easy so everyone wins everyday!! I want a challenge so the cream can rise to the top, even if it's not me)
    2. It is semi lame to me that GS/FOTP, generic characters are so strong and Luke... Well give him GS assist or FOTP multiattack please!!
    3. All the whining on the boards. BentWookie is my hero when he shuts it down. I whined once a couple weeks ago, then started accurately keeping my stats, and over hundreds of data points, you start to see the order of the RNG!!

Keep being positive everyone!! And let's unlock some Jedi!!
  • Great post!!!

I am addicted to and love this game for several reasons:

1. Global War!! All the whining about it aside, most nights it is a great challenge for me, having to use different combinations of characters, every now and then letting Chewie or Poe take one for the team. It wasn't meant to be waiting in line for 15 shards, it was meant to be a challenge!!
    2. I love that leveling/acquiring toons is difficult. Even if you buy Chromium, getting the toon you WANT is definitely not easy.
    3. I love strategizing against the different team makeups. (Which is why the arena is so boring to me)
    4. I love the Star Wars characters being true to film/lore
    5. I just unlocked Rey after 6 weeks of farming (I know, I should have just went chromium) and man did it feel good activating her after all that work!!!

The things I don't like:
    1. I want more challenging content like global war (don't make it easy so everyone wins everyday!! I want a challenge so the cream can rise to the top, even if it's not me)
    2. It is semi lame to me that GS/FOTP, generic characters are so strong and Luke... Well give him GS assist or FOTP multiattack please!!
    3. All the whining on the boards. BentWookie is my hero when he shuts it down. I whined once a couple weeks ago, then started accurately keeping my stats, and over hundreds of data points, you start to see the order of the RNG!!

Keep being positive everyone!! And let's unlock some Jedi!!

Got to agree on most these points. The Wookie is a funny dude too.
  • 5. I just unlocked Rey after 6 weeks of farming (I know, I should have just went chromium) and man did it
    Don't worry about that her chromium drop rate is horrible. Best bet is just to refresh her nodes. She really is not P2W friendly.
  • Strategies, leveling a character to 7*, and unlocking new ones. I am old school star wars fan, I saw the original star wars in the theaters when it was released, had most of the original action figures, and vehicles. I really can't wait for Yoda, I was a bit disappointed that he was not in the game already, but still does not take away from the fun of this game. Knowing that new characters will be coming out soon, also keeps me coming back. Also I like to go outside the box and level toons that might not be the "must haves", I want the characters I grew up with, to try and get those action figures back, only digitally. This game brings back alot of great memories, and I think I will be playing for quite awhile.

Great post, hope to see more like these on the forum.
  • 5. I just unlocked Rey after 6 weeks of farming (I know, I should have just went chromium) and man did it
    Don't worry about that her chromium drop rate is horrible. Best bet is just to refresh her nodes. She really is not P2W friendly.

Agree
  • We are similar there.

Thank you, I hope more like it come too.

I love your picture.
  • As a ftp, I like beating the whales and strategically coming up with new ways to crack open metas. I played WOW at a very high level and this is the first game I've played since leaving that 5 years ago. Do wish I was a whale so I would have all the characters to try out different strategies. Coming to the forums and reading post from several people (you're one) also is fun. Need to find guild or other mature people that chat and such. Used to use ventrilo but now I see ppl talking about line chat... Brings back great memories from wow
  • Ztyle wrote: »
    I love unlocking a toon build it up, and find a use for it, that's why before the lvl cap raise, instead of using crystals on energy, like every one said, was the way to play, I bought a cromium pack every time I had 350 crystals, resulting in I have way to many toons to upgrade, but I like it that way, and yes I was slow to get to lvl 60(dec 2nd-jan 14th) and it actually paid off, for I pulled QGJ a few times, and now he is upgradeble and should be a good toon, for the upcomming jedi challenge, the race I did to lvl from 60-70 was also fun, as I'm so lucky to be on an arena list, that don't have high rollers, I came in second, so only silver to me :p

I did the same, collecting wise. It slows you down, but I want that full cupboard to enjoy a variety. If it slows me, so be it. I'm having fun.

It's so good I'm not alone lol

I started the game and attempted to unlock all toons. Failed but got at least 31 to enjoy now. The collection aspect of the came trully cativates me, and I choose the ones to compete on the different battles and challenges. It is super fun!
    My favorite characters Empire - Sith
  • [/quote]

[/quote]

Lately, all of my squads are suicide squads.
  • Cdmd2b wrote: »
    As a ftp, I like beating the whales and strategically coming up with new ways to crack open metas. I played WOW at a very high level and this is the first game I've played since leaving that 5 years ago. Do wish I was a whale so I would have all the characters to try out different strategies. Coming to the forums and reading post from several people (you're one) also is fun. Need to find guild or other mature people that chat and such. Used to use ventrilo but now I see ppl talking about line chat... Brings back great memories from wow

Always fun indeed.
  • Ronoaldo wrote: »
    Ztyle wrote: »
    I love unlocking a toon build it up, and find a use for it, that's why before the lvl cap raise, instead of using crystals on energy, like every one said, was the way to play, I bought a cromium pack every time I had 350 crystals, resulting in I have way to many toons to upgrade, but I like it that way, and yes I was slow to get to lvl 60(dec 2nd-jan 14th) and it actually paid off, for I pulled QGJ a few times, and now he is upgradeble and should be a good toon, for the upcomming jedi challenge, the race I did to lvl from 60-70 was also fun, as I'm so lucky to be on an arena list, that don't have high rollers, I came in second, so only silver to me :p

I did the same, collecting wise. It slows you down, but I want that full cupboard to enjoy a variety. If it slows me, so be it. I'm having fun.

It's so good I'm not alone lol

I started the game and attempted to unlock all toons. Failed but got at least 31 to enjoy now. The collection aspect of the came trully cativates me, and I choose the ones to compete on the different battles and challenges. It is super fun!

Give me all the toys baby,lol. I'm with you.
  • FolsomTony wrote: »

[/quote]

Lately, all of my squads are suicide squads.[/quote]

Feels that way at times for sure. Especially on Poe/DPS team 6 or 7 of the run. Feed the beast, lol.
  • I like that this game is Star Wars themed, even if all the characters I use are bugs and pilots. And I like trolling my IRL friends that play.

Wow, I think I just realized how poor this game is..

exploding_head_3.jpg
    Star Wars: Galaxy of Supporting Cast Members
  • Fabzorz wrote: »
    I like that this game is Star Wars themed, even if all the characters I use are bugs and pilots. And I like trolling my IRL friends that play.

Wow, I think I just realized how poor this game is..

exploding_head_3.jpg

LOL
  • I'm level 70 now and the heroes I use for pvp and galactic war are pretty much max gear and 7*. I usually get first place in my timezone but only for the awards so I can unlock more heroes.

I really miss using Chewy, Luke, Greedo and some others because I let them fall behind too much. My server went from healer to dps so I changed my whole team at 60. Hope the cap stays for a while so I can work on Chewy, Vadar, Luke, Leia, Old Ben, Greedo, Jawa and my Ewoks! Would love to use them in GW but right now they would get destroyed. The most fun I had in this game was using those guys at early rank thinking I would own. I remember around rank 30 I went up against a team that ran Old Ben, Chewy, Luke, Leia and Lando. They demolished me but it really fun to battle against a team like that. Born in the 70's so they were always my favorite Star Wars characters. To this day I still smile when I hear Chewy roar in another team in GW and I hope to get him geared up soon.

Love this game I just need to get away from Arena so I can enjoy it more by using the characters I love.
  • Otar wrote: »
    Otar wrote: »
    Sorry this forum is not yours, you can't make a rule and expect others to follow...

Not a rule a request and trolling is anti TOS and I'm within my right to report anyone who trolls on my post.

But you are not the one to define trolling, so, you are trying to make a rule that any negative comment is trolling, and that's the rule you don't get to make...

Come on man he was just asking you to play nice
    Roger roger
  • I love winning a fight against the odds.

I like the fact I can still be competetive as FTP.

As you can probably tell by my avi I enjoy setting up my roster in Lego form.
    Roger roger
  • CaptSeaWalker
    201 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    1. Star Wars in general, I have an entire room (large closet) in my house just for Star Wars, Lego sets books board games, I love the history
    2. And taking the toons from different parts of Star Wars history and getting the fights where your like "what if Luke fought mace?" Ect
    3. I made this Game almost exactly on a board game, about a year ago complete with Star Wars people, stat cards, ability cards ect, my friends and family play it a couple times a month. Last game my wife beat the other four people and her last guys standing were Sabine and Akbar lol
    4. In game I like the galactic war, it makes me sooo mad sometimes but I enjoy the outrageous challenges it throws at me occasionally
  • Zerx
    94 posts Member
    I like GW. I like the leveling process and having to plan out progression instead of just blindly promoting every character you get.
  • I get a rush every time I pull a complete toon from a bronzium....it's happened about 8 times so far and even if it's a crappy toon it's still exciting.

Building and collecting toons is my favorite part. I love when you finally get that last piece of gear to advance your toon, like from gear VII to gear VIII....and then you unlock the next tier and get some "freebies" to unlock.

I also love it when I put in my "suicide" B team into GW.....and they clear the node! It's happened a few times, and it makes me happy because I know I did a balanced job of leveling my toons and I have ended up with 10+ decent characters to play with.
  • Trying to play the game and then coming to the forums to complain.
    Yes, that must be my absolute most favorite part.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride