Fix General Grievous Requirements

Sevilla
4 posts Member
edited August 2016
EA!!! I don't mind farming for Grievous but come on. It is ridiculous to obtain him or promote him. I see myself playing this game for many more months, but I don't want to spend every single one of those moments trying to get him to 7 stars. Can you at least reduce the requirements? I am not going to list what I think is reasonable. I am just asking for consideration on lowering shard count. Anyone else agree?
Post edited by BentWookiee on

Replies

• i agree completely!!!
  • i agree too! P2P say he is terrible so let the f2p who get a shot at him!
  • Agreed. More generally, the shard shop ratio should be adjusted down ... the current ratio of 10 excess shards to obtain a shard shop shard (and you can't even buy anything until you've converted 20 excess shards) makes me (and everyone else I know) not want to even bother with the shard shop ...
  • Big adjustment is needed
  • DrJ
    18 posts Member
    The Shard Shop is for whales, unfortunately.
  • War
    932 posts Member
    How is this a P2P or whale situation? You can't buy those blue tokens directly, so to pay for them would be to buy boosters hoping you get shards for a character you have maxed. That would be horribly inefficient and more of a waste than buying those packs to seven star characters.

With GW I can typically get two shipments a day, and I use them on two characters I've long since seven starred. I get enough Arena tokens for two shipments a day, those however get used for a couple characters I'm working on. And because I refill my Cantina energy once a day, I can get one of those shipments. And you can't even call that P2P or whatever because I get more than 100 crystals a day.

Like I said I only use two of those shipments for token shards, but that could potentially be five shipments for a total for 25 excess shards a day. That said I think its dumb that they made his shards more expensive than other shards in the shop. It would be hard enough trying to seven star him at the normal 10:1 shard rate much less the rate they made for him.
  • Totally agree, I feel like even for whales you really gotta lay down the pay check just to unlock him! Seriouly EA you already stole my money for Battlefront so at least fix this!
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Totally agree, I feel like even for whales you really gotta lay down the pay check just to unlock him! Seriouly EA you already stole my money for Battlefront so at least fix this!

What pay check? You can't buy those blue tokens, you can only turn in extra shards. Once you have a seven star from arena, GW, and Cantina shipments you can easily farm, albeit for a very long time, for him. People running around with seven star Grievous's clearly spent months trading all their currencies in for seven star character shards that they turned into blue tokens.

If someone knows of a way to buy them, then please let me know, because all I can think of is buying that Jedi bundle that comes around once a month for the Yoda event and turning those shards in for blue tokens, and that would assume those characters are all seven starred and your paying 60$ for a mere 75+ shards.
  • He wasn't there at christmas....
  • I have start in march, he's now 75/100.
  • As someone who actually spent the 5 months farming Grievous completely f2p, it would be a complete kick in the nuts if EA actually listened to you guys.

Grievous is a trophy character. If you want him, earn him.
  • CosmicJ wrote: »
    As someone who actually spent the 5 months farming Grievous completely f2p, it would be a complete kick in the nuts if EA actually listened to you guys.

Grievous is a trophy character. If you want him, earn him.

Right.

He should just be stronger, not cheaper -- really. He's attainable free to play, but he's a big sacrifice. I'd rather the sacrifice be fully justified than reduced.
  • Viserys wrote: »
    He should just be stronger, not cheaper -- really. He's attainable free to play, but he's a big sacrifice. I'd rather the sacrifice be fully justified than reduced.

+1000
  • War wrote: »
    How is this a P2P or whale situation? You can't buy those blue tokens directly, so to pay for them would be to buy boosters hoping you get shards for a character you have maxed. That would be horribly inefficient and more of a waste than buying those packs to seven star characters.

He is "technically" farmable by f2p players, but the process is exponentially faster for p2p. Simply put, they will have more 7-star toons than a f2p player (and they'll certainly be 7-starring much faster than a f2p) and, as a result, have more opportunities and options to convert excess shards.

Viserys wrote: »

Absolutely; I'm 70/80 for him currently and fully intend to get him to 7stars, but I would hope that the (arguably) hardest character to obtain in the game should be powerful enough to warrant it.

• Agreed with most of you. Expensive!!
  • I was one of the very first to 7* him. Maxed abilities but he's just nowhere near as powerful as he should be. His negative crit chance leader buff is honestly useless. I'm hoping they buff him properly like they did to my Kylo who was my very first 7* and been waiting in the wind for his buff which finally came.