Droids fighting back?

Top of my shard is all zMaul, Rex & zVader teams. I manage with a mixed team with honestly not much synergy but it works. But recently I've been noticing a couple typical droid teams getting in the top10-20. It's an easy team to beat but idk how they are winning places over zMaul and Rex teams?

Replies

• Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member
    That's me. Good mods does the trick.
  • Mans_Yolo
    171 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Do you have an swgoh.gg profile IG? I'm not max level yet (level 74) but there's a droid team on my shard that took #1 and he has no speed mods and only 4/6 mod slots full. Since I run the same team with higher star rating, higher gear level and full mods and hold between rank 10 and 30, I'm not certain how he is doing this. Is there still a way to cheat to top rating?
  • Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member
    But really droids just piggy back off all the zader teams. We win about 98% of the time against zader. And I have my b2 first and he has a buttload of potency and can land buff immunity on sith teams so they don't stealth. Then just quickly blitz the sith down. Not as consistent as beating zader teams but I can often pull off a win.
  • Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member
    Mans_Yolo wrote: »
    Do you have an swgoh.gg profile IG? I'm not max level yet (level 74) but there's a droid team on my shard that took #1 and he has no speed mods and only 4/6 mod slots full. Since I run the same team with higher star rating, higher gear level and full mods and hold between rank 10 and 30, I'm not certain how he is doing this. Is there still a way to cheat to top rating?

He might be cheating or he is just good. Idk would have to see screen shots.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited March 2017

There are ways to cheat the game last I knew, but they are detectable and usually get you banned. It's easy to tell some who are cheating. Others it's a little harder.

If someone had max gear and abilities, and spent crystals to get levels ahead of everyone else so has omega abilities that no one else does, then a droid team could easily run up to number one spot with no speed mods.

If somebody spent a ton of crystals to fight over and over, they could eventually get past tougher teams through good RNG.

Do they have higher character level and ability levels than you? If so, then that's a good answer as to what's up. If not, then they may just have done the whole pay to fight over and over thing. How big a star/gear level difference are we talking here?
  • Mans_Yolo
    171 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Ig88isboss wrote: »

He might be cheating or he is just good. Idk would have to see screen shots.

Screenshots:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzeoolwbBKdrbGhGeUJ1cWtIU1E

Just for reference, he's beating out level 80 wiggs teams with G10 with this crummy squad.
  • Mans_Yolo
    171 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    For some reason, forums deleted my post. Here's some screenshots of his profile.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzeoolwbBKdrbGhGeUJ1cWtIU1E

For reference, he is competing with people level 80 w/ G10 wiggs squads up at 1-5 spots. He is definitely not outleveling or gearing anyone. In fact, I struggle to get rank 10-20 and my droid squad is modded a lot better then his and also a higher gear level w/ more stars and he's not using JE.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    It's probably due to Nihilus. Focuses on the second biggest threat with everyone else, most likely kill them, then WHAM! Nihilus OHKs the most durable/dangerous character/ #1 threat on the enemy's side. You could fight over and over until RNG gave you the win with that gap. It wouldn't ever be pretty but you could do it. Especially since the team's all AOE and dps. He's taking advantage of the flavor of the week. There's power there.
  • Yea that team sucks but it can do well enough to win on offense. He's probably spending a decent amount of shards to get there too.
  • Woodroward wrote: »
    It's probably due to Nihilus. Focuses on the second biggest threat with everyone else, most likely kill them, then WHAM! Nihilus OHKs the most durable/dangerous character/ #1 threat on the enemy's side. You could fight over and over until RNG gave you the win with that gap. It wouldn't ever be pretty but you could do it. Especially since the team's all AOE and dps. He's taking advantage of the flavor of the week. There's power there.

Yeah but his droids are not durable enough to survive that long, and he has no reliable way to debuff besides his HK, which has almost no potency. A G10 wiggs squad, even AI controlled, would decimate that unmodded team in one turn.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Woodroward wrote: »

Yeah but his droids are not durable enough to survive that long, and he has no reliable way to debuff besides his HK, which has almost no potency. A G10 wiggs squad, even AI controlled, would decimate that unmodded team in one turn.

He could do the fight over and over until Wiggs targeted B2, whom they won't kill. Meantime, everyone else zergs down wedge, Nihilus OHK's Boba, They then have only lando biggs and sth left. Lando goes down quick. STH is a kitten with B2's buff wipe, and Biggs is nothing if you leave him until last (doesn't get tm until he's alone so no 12 million assists).

Most of a droid team's speed comes from HK, not JE. He helps more with starting zerg than anything else.

• Ok, I guess so. But I'm not sure what the advantage would be if you had to pay that many crystals to refresh that much.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Yeah, I don't know either.

Depends on what you want out of the game I guess.

I'm a level 79 top 50 droid team player myself Dec 10 '17 shard. My bracket is filled with wiggdo sth boba teams.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Remember (copied from Forum Guidelines):
    "If you want to report a potential cheater, please send a message to @CG_LucifersDaddy with details on why you think someone is cheating, your ally code and the name of the suspected cheater."

It happens, and if you want to double-check, LucifersDaddy is the way to go. :)

**Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107