Old Daka

This old Lady still has it. I love her the more I level her. Talk about able to swing the tide of a fight.

For the Poe folks I wish I knew how to make a video I fought all 7* Purple
Sid-Lead
Poe
FOTP
GS
QGJ

Phasma-Lead
Daka
Sid
Lumi
Geo

Phasma, Sid Lumi 7* gear 8
Geo 7* gear 9
Daka 6* gear 8

I won the fight and Daka was the MVP
Poe Taunted
Lumi fell, serve again, came back and healed the team
Sid Fell, Serve again hit AOE before GS killed him again
4 double stuns in the fights earlty stages 2 of Phasma Procs allowed me to focus fire QGJ and FOTP after the taunt while not taking much damage, and limited damage.

I had been thinking a higher health Daka could be a good Poe counter with a Phasma lead, since she seems to be called often as assister. How to beat Poe DPS is to survive the onslaught. A double stunner who brings back the dead swinging is a good tool to help that. Use Phasma to T off on Poe. She is not super fast, so Poe taunts you get popped, your fasters hit Poe. Use Phasma to give more TM on her turn so you can finish Poe if he is not, if he is dead use it to begin to even the odds. Daka stunning all over the place helps. The fight wound down with my Geo, Phasma, and Daka vs Poe, Sid, Geo. Phasma was on deaths bed though despite 2 heals done. Daka kept stunning Sid as she did Geo. Poe iced Phasma. I walked out of the fight with Geo and Daka both, though Geo was in red, and Daka low yellow.

Was not your "standard" Poe DPS, but two of the top 4 hitters were hidden behind him with a leader boosing Crit and one of the two best jedi in the game. Beaten without Poe.

I'd lie if that were by Choice. I lost Poe 2 fights earlier vs QGJ, Lumi, Dooku, Poe,FOTP all 7* purple which was preceded by Phasma lead Daka, Lumi, Leia, FOTP again all 7* purple. The old boy just could not do the two and live. Oh and all were lvl 70.

Two words though OLD DAKA

Replies

• Doga
    808 posts Member
    As some who has and uses Old Daka I think, why didn't I take the blue pill.
  • I really like my Daka, but to be honest Darthmaster the only one whining in this thread is you. Both Qeltar and Chipmunk gave their opinions which we're laid out in a adult manner. Your rage was really uncalled for.

Now back to topic. Daka IS fun, she was one of the first characters I brought to 7* and she's been a main on all my GW runs, Arena and of course DS battles. She does have one huge problem however, and that is that she's heavily reliant on RNG. Procs a double stun? Game over for the opposition. Doesn't stun? Oh ****...

The revival is awesome too, but you can't really count on it. It's won me a couple of Arena matches I should've lost, and I can't help but grin to myself everytime it procs, but it's just to random.

Still love Daka though.
  • Doga wrote: »

What's the blue pill? (Yes, I understand the Matric reference, I'm just not sure I understand what you're refering to in this context.)
  • Do you think Old Daka was ever young? And was Young Daka more or less powerful?

THIS! lol
  • RonTom wrote: »
    I really like my Daka, but to be honest Darthmaster the only one whining in this thread is you. Both Qeltar and Chipmunk gave their opinions which we're laid out in a adult manner. Your rage was really uncalled for.

Now back to topic. Daka IS fun, she was one of the first characters I brought to 7* and she's been a main on all my GW runs, Arena and of course DS battles. She does have one huge problem however, and that is that she's heavily reliant on RNG. Procs a double stun? Game over for the opposition. Doesn't stun? Oh ****...

The revival is awesome too, but you can't really count on it. It's won me a couple of Arena matches I should've lost, and I can't help but grin to myself everytime it procs, but it's just to random.

Still love Daka though.

Poe is big on RNG as well. If my Geo, Sid, Dooku, and Leia go first a Poe DPS team is rendered obsolete as I can take them out before my Poe or their Poe even taunts. Then I add in Sid and Dooku. If All my non Poe toons go first, all are turn 7. Poe is a non factor. Again requires RNG luck, but if RNG is not on Poes side he can be made a non threat. I don't Mind Poe Ben, QGJ left with Poes taunt vs my 5 once Leia and FOTP are dead. The reverse is if their Poe goes first, it is me that gets obliterated. Which I get is what a lot of the complaining is about. I have advocated dropping Poe to 142, non turn 7 speed since the issue was first brought up. I'm all for that. If they do that, I'm cool, just put what you already weakened back to where it was. My "rage" is I'm tired of every sing le positive post here turning into a Poe cry fest. If you think I'm wrong look. I love many of Qeltars posts. Many helpful ones, but the constant complaining the last few weeks is getting out of hand. Go look at the history. My point is if you are so unhappy stop playing the game. If so much is wrong that you must complain all day every day about it, it is time to move on. That is my point. I love the guides, the willingness to help and assist. That is awesome. I respect the passion. I'm just sick of every post turning into a Poe cry fest. I'm sure I am not alone. I posted this to help others think of things. We ALL know how he feels on Poe. No need to bring it to every single thread. Leave some threads free of the "Poe is an unstopable god garbage" In December Barriss was an "unstopable Goddess who was unfair" Now she is barely usable.

My "rage" is I thanked the Devs and team in a post the other dasy for the communication and was promptly met with it was not enough and what not. My rage is every post made is complaining about everything in this game. I see constant complaining from certain people. Go look at thread history of one you are defending I bet you over 200 complaint posts in the last 3 days. A bit much, yes? Anyway this post was meant to offer options to people, yet said users bring the same old Poe is unbeatable garbage they bring to everty thread. We get it, you hate Poe. You fear Poe. Poe haunts your dreams. We get it. 200+ posts about it in a couple days is a bit much IMO.

Yes she is random. When she is on though it is a game changer. It is like Sid as lead. There are times I notice no crit impact at all. There are other times it seems like every attack crits. The beauty of RNG.

Good insight on the RNG
  • goobstoob wrote: »
    Do you think Old Daka was ever young? And was Young Daka more or less powerful?

THIS! lol

Young Daka existed in a world before time. Once time was created she immediately became old Daka.

Young Daka was a rebel without cause. She was out and about making little nightsisters all over the galaxy.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    goobstoob wrote: »

THIS! lol

Young Daka existed in a world before time. Once time was created she immediately became old Daka.

Young Daka was a rebel without cause. She was out and about making little nightsisters all over the galaxy.

Hahaha,

Funny, the first time I ever beat a Poe team was with this old granny. Glad Sith Nerf showed up in your thread for more entertainment.
  • Doga
    808 posts Member
    edited February 2016

RonTom wrote: »
    Doga wrote: »

What's the blue pill? (Yes, I understand the Matric reference, I'm just not sure I understand what you're refering to in this context.)

Poe
  • I don't worry about daka at all in arena. She hits weak and doesn't have a lot of health. Every now and then rng gods shine upon her, but even then I still win almost all of the time.

She is usually the 3rd target I attack after dps.

She is great in gw though.
  • Triqui wrote: »
    Justo to point: if you retreat and come back and change nothing, the rng seed is the same. If it happened once, and you retreat 6, 600, or 6 billion times, it will happen again.

You need to change something (like a different leader of other chsracter order) to change the seed.

You need to pass that thing soon.

• J7000 wrote: »
    Gungnir75 wrote: »
    Passed it. Changed out to first order team. Daka didn't last a turn.

Still strange behavior. I must use her now

I call her lady luck. When she is with you she does amazing things. Other times she'll miss all her stuns and only resurect her precious cats. She can give you a win against superior teams

See this is the difference between pontification and experience.

You can "believe" what you want to, you can never deny what you experience.

• She's amazing
  • Clearly you don't know how to use Phasma then mate. Used right she offers a heck of a lot more TM influence than the almighty one.

Look man not to be rude but can you leave any posts alone without coming on and crying your Poe sob song? Honestly man it gets so bloody old.

WE GET IT YOU HATE POE AND CAN'T BEAT HIM. No need to troll every single post and fill it with negative about it. We all read your 1000 posts many of which are 10,000 word novels about the god that is Poe.

Again not to be rude but can you let the adults speak about strategies since that is what adults do when they don't get their way. They move on.

I too am very sick of Poe DPS teams all day everyday, however I am more sick of the whining and crying and negativity. I can't make a post anywhere without the same couple people coming and crying the same old song.

Honestly you all should get together and write a country song about Poe.

i sincerely hope you're talking to Qeltar here and not me because i don't give a **** about Poe. he is nowhere near unbeatable in my book, but he is a bad match-up for a Phasma led stun team. you either get very lucky with Daka's procs or you lose very quickly. "not to be rude," but it would be stupid of you to think that you'll be that lucky against Poe DPS teams most of the time with that lineup. i even run more stuns than you do because i use Dooku in place of Sid in your lineup.
    Poe is big on RNG as well. If my Geo, Sid, Dooku, and Leia go first a Poe DPS team is rendered obsolete as I can take them out before my Poe or their Poe even taunts. Then I add in Sid and Dooku. If All my non Poe toons go first, all are turn 7. Poe is a non factor. Again requires RNG luck, but if RNG is not on Poes side he can be made a non threat. I don't Mind Poe Ben, QGJ left with Poes taunt vs my 5 once Leia and FOTP are dead. The reverse is if their Poe goes first, it is me that gets obliterated. Which I get is what a lot of the complaining is about. I have advocated dropping Poe to 142, non turn 7 speed since the issue was first brought up. I'm all for that. If they do that, I'm cool, just put what you already weakened back to where it was. My "rage" is I'm tired of every sing le positive post here turning into a Poe cry fest. If you think I'm wrong look. I love many of Qeltars posts. Many helpful ones, but the constant complaining the last few weeks is getting out of hand. Go look at the history. My point is if you are so unhappy stop playing the game. If so much is wrong that you must complain all day every day about it, it is time to move on. That is my point. I love the guides, the willingness to help and assist. That is awesome. I respect the passion. I'm just sick of every post turning into a Poe cry fest. I'm sure I am not alone. I posted this to help others think of things. We ALL know how he feels on Poe. No need to bring it to every single thread. Leave some threads free of the "Poe is an unstopable god garbage" In December Barriss was an "unstopable Goddess who was unfair" Now she is barely usable.

My "rage" is I thanked the Devs and team in a post the other dasy for the communication and was promptly met with it was not enough and what not. My rage is every post made is complaining about everything in this game. I see constant complaining from certain people. Go look at thread history of one you are defending I bet you over 200 complaint posts in the last 3 days. A bit much, yes? Anyway this post was meant to offer options to people, yet said users bring the same old Poe is unbeatable garbage they bring to everty thread. We get it, you hate Poe. You fear Poe. Poe haunts your dreams. We get it. 200+ posts about it in a couple days is a bit much IMO.

Yes she is random. When she is on though it is a game changer. It is like Sid as lead. There are times I notice no crit impact at all. There are other times it seems like every attack crits. The beauty of RNG.

Good insight on the RNG

what's really annoying here is how you turn constructive dialogue about your topic into whines and rants about people "whining and ranting about Poe." i never inferred that Poe was an "unbeatable god" in this game and RonTom didn't even give an opinion about Poe in his reply, and yet you go off ranting as if we did. grow up. the only one turning this thread into a "Poe thread" is you.

i also find it funny how your great anti-Poe strategy doesn't even use Daka.
  • goobstoob wrote: »

THIS! lol

lol. i watched all seasons of the clone wars series and i don't even know the how Old Daka is different from Mother Talzin.
  • I'm running a team currently as an experimental test since I had Daka at7* Gear 8. I am trying new things all the time and players should do the same. We all know the Poe teams dominate and whether EA/CG will fix it is unknown so we're stuck with what we have. Anyway, I'm trying this lineup, it's been holding me under 50 overnight in PVP..

Phasma 7* G8 (Leader)
    Daka 7* G8
    Sid 7* G8
    IG-86 7* G8
    Poggle 7* G8

It may not be the perfect synergy but I kind of don't care and enjoy experimenting with setups that are different....
  • In GW I had Daka, an opponents revive each team member. I literally had to kill the team twice, except her.

Focus her down is sound advice, though when hidden behind Poe, and there is FOTP there I'd prefer to kill the cannon and try my RNG luck,lol.

I've cussed out Daka for crazy stun and rez against me. I've sung her prasies for timely ones when I've used her. She is a unique creature who is either, meh, or can really be a fight changer. The thing is she is really a dice roll.
  • Closed upon OP's request
This discussion has been closed.