Apparently I don't understand Speed

How do a Biggs with Lando lead, with a base speed of 108 and bonuses equal to +45, and a Ventress with 120 base speed (w/mods) and a maxed leader ability, manage to go before 4 of my toons that are faster than both of these??!?!

Two seperate teams, and both times a seemingly slower toon manages to move before mine. No TM gains occurred...it makes no sense.

Replies

• Sorry, Ventress has a lvl 7 leader..
  • It comes down to either they are faster based on uniques or I believe that if several chars hit 100% Tm at the same time it's random. However for Biggs, with wedge, he gets 45 from wedge unique, and 15 from Lando lead , so assuming Biggs is only at 108, then add 60 there,

Ventress lead, gives 28 speed I believe, plus 15 per non buffed enemy, so typically another 60-75 speed, plus lead bonus
  • Check Ventress' unique, add 15 speed for each emeny wth no buffs and do Biggs comes with Wedge too? Cause that add speed too
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Ventress also gains 15 speed for each opponent with out a buff.
    So potentially a starting speed of 223 is her modded speed is 120

Biggs with wedge under lando lead will have +60 speed, 15 speed from lando lead and 45 speed from wedge unique
    So I ask this what was Biggs modded speed and what is you teams speeds?
  • Biggs was not modded, and the +45 included Lando's lead ability and Wedge's unique.

I must not understand Asajj's Rampage unique, because I have never seen the ability active unless an ally had been defeated. So the speed part is always in effect? If so, it is a horribly written move description, because it reads as if all abilities go into effect upon the defeat of an ally.
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    Biggs was not modded, and the +45 included Lando's lead ability and Wedge's unique.

I must not understand Asajj's Rampage unique, because I have never seen the ability active unless an ally had been defeated. So the speed part is always in effect? If so, it is a horribly written move description, because it reads as if all abilities go into effect upon the defeat of an ally.

Lando's lead ability gives +15, Wedges Unique gives +45 so thats a total of +60. Math.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Biggs was not modded, and the +45 included Lando's lead ability and Wedge's unique.

It is all about the punctuation. Rampage is a 2 part ability.

As far as Biggs goes, not sure if it is a consistently happening to you but the player could have been moving changing mods and he could have been modded while you were battling but not when you looked.

If mods are on when you start the battle they persist through it. Player could have removed them while you were in battle.
  • Uh, his Wedge's unique isn't maxed, so, wrong.
  • Inyan_Soi_Leau
    430 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    His speed was the same before and after the battle. No speed boosts from mods. Same mods before and after.

So, I can understand Asajj now. Didn't realize the ability worked that way.

But there is still no explanation for Biggs.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Uh, his Wedge's unique isn't maxed, so, wrong.

Just trying to give you scenarios in a guessing game since you are providing very little information.

There is normally some explanation as to what is happening. The more detail you can provide the more helpful the community can be.

When trying to figure out why someone is going before you team composition, speed stats and ability levels are very helpful things to provide.

Good luck. I hope you find your answer.
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    Uh, his Wedge's unique isn't maxed, so, wrong.

Probably should've said that to begin with... But alright, I stand corrected.

As far as Ventress's unique goes, it follows the same rule of thumb as other uniques, if the sentence ends then its a different skill and isn't directly connected to the other sentence unless it is directly stated or continues off of it. Just a tip for when you're decoding other super long unique abilities (like Darth Maul's one).

As far as the whole speed thing goes, can you tell us all the characters they're using, all the ones you're using and their respective speeds (before adding the bonuses and write the bonuses as +45 or whatever each one is).
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Understand simply abilities written they are now.
  • Well, I'll just take the Biggs example. The guy running Asajj is clearly a whale, since he has everyone including Nihilus at 7*.

Him (lvl 74)

Lando (L) 137 +15
    Biggs 108 +45
    Wedge 111 +45
    ST Han 171 +15
    Boba 175 +15

Me (lvl 75)

Boba (L) 157
    Rey 172
    Nihilus 153
    ST Han 156
    Fives 127

Even with ST Han having a 25% chance to remove 30% turn meter, he would have had to remove TM on Boba, Rey, Nihilus, and Han. Otherwise, there is no way, unless I'm missing something, that Biggs could have gone before any of my 4 faster toons moved. All of his guys moved before 1 of mine could.

Either way, I'll be making more attempts to get better speed mods. Every one of my toons has at least +20 speed from mods, some of them are near +30.
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    My money is on sthan. Half the time with these threads the answer is sthan
  • Loose_Lee wrote: »
    Understand simply abilities written they are now.

Is that yoda speak, because if so, understand your statement, I do not.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Well, I'll just take the Biggs example. The guy running Asajj is clearly a whale, since he has everyone including Nihilus at 7*.

Him (lvl 74)

Lando (L) 137 +15
    Biggs 108 +45
    Wedge 111 +45
    ST Han 171 +15
    Boba 175 +15

Me (lvl 75)

Boba (L) 157
    Rey 172
    Nihilus 153
    ST Han 156
    Fives 127

Even with ST Han having a 25% chance to remove 30% turn meter, he would have had to remove TM on Boba, Rey, Nihilus, and Han. Otherwise, there is no way, unless I'm missing something, that Biggs could have gone before any of my 4 faster toons moved. All of his guys moved before 1 of mine could.

Either way, I'll be making more attempts to get better speed mods. Every one of my toons has at least +20 speed from mods, some of them are near +30.

Easy answer.
    STH moves and use his taunt which gives everyone 30% tm. His Biggs was at 82.2% tm so he was pushed in front of all characters to go before them. Sth tm push by the way would have put his whole team at 100% tm except Boba who probably went first.
  • Rakim
    267 posts Member
    Oh this was an easy one. St. Han taunts and gives the team 30% turn meter. That should be enough to push the whole team ahead of yours
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    How did you even hit level 75 and actually own and use ST Han in your Arena squad without realising that people pump all their speed mods into ST Han so that he can push his whole teams TM?
  • All this talk about Biggs and ventress uniques when it's sth special which is extremely straightforward
  • Gonna thread hijack since the sth mystery is solved. When sith assassin uses her tm up special when she has no buffs, what,mif any, is the tm gain?
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Numanoid wrote: »
    Gonna thread hijack since the sth mystery is solved. When sith assassin uses her tm up special when she has no buffs, what,mif any, is the tm gain?

If she has no buffs Dark shroud will give her FS and Stealth so she will give sith 24% TM.
  • scuba wrote: »
    Gonna thread hijack since the sth mystery is solved. When sith assassin uses her tm up special when she has no buffs, what,mif any, is the tm gain?

If she has no buffs Dark shroud will give her FS and Stealth so she will give sith 24% TM.

Thanks. I misunderstood the description. So her tm buff is determined on her buffs at the end of her turn and not the beginning.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »

Thanks. I misunderstood the description. So her tm buff is determined on her buffs at the end of her turn and not the beginning.

Correct. Under Zaul lead when she uses Dark shroud first she gives 36% TM because she already has advantage and gains stealth and FS.
  • scuba wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »

Correct. Under Zaul lead when she uses Dark shroud first she gives 36% TM because she already has advantage and gains stealth and FS.

Thanks, that's what I'm working towards.
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Snake2 wrote: »

I was right!! Technically my guess was posted after the evidence but I didn't see it before I typed! I promise!
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Snake2 wrote: »

That's because there's no transparency to how things work. With "AI" control StHan very rarely fails to do his TM manipulation.

As we are not told who gains/loses what and why we are left guessing what happened.