Old Daka discussion on stun and revive [merged]

Prev13
FashionFett
891 posts Member
edited February 2016
This discussion was created from comments split from: Old Daka.

Replies

• I keep seeing strange things when fighting a team with Daka.

The latest is a GW battle-
    Her team
    Daka
    Sid
    Asajj
    Talia
    Gs

My gs gets first shot on Daka followed by my qui gon.

Then Daka goes
    She stuns my lumi + ig
    Then she gains full turn meter and stuns my sid , then her gs one shots my jinn and talia and asajj take my ig.

I have retreated and let this play out six times. It happens every time.
    I have done nothing to try and change the rng bc I wanted to see if she would keep gaining turn meter.

I have a 4* Daka but have yet to do anything with her, I don't see anything that shows she can gain turn meter?

Just a glitch?
  • BentWookiee
    4819 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Daka is like that neighor that you have known all your life...
    you know the one you told about your crushes...
    cried about heartbreaks with...
    was the go to date for a wedding when your S.O. was cheating on you at and camp. :/

And then..

You gave it a shot.. Maxed it out.

She does things that you only fantasize about.. Only better.

(But like your fantasy they are still just something on the screen. :) )
  • JohnyDee21
    19 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Ok if this has been posted before I apologize.

Is Old Daka really this OP at 7* fully geared?...I mean, this is what happens in Arena when I battle Top 20 teams with Old Daka in them:

1. Its 100% that she stuns my character with her normal attack.
    2. Its like 50% that she stuns TWO characters with her normal attack.
    3. Its like 90% when you kill a character of their team they revive.
    4. Its like 90% when she uses her heal she brings back that dead character.
    5. Its like 90% she comes back after you kill her.

Pair that with Phasma as leader and someone will be stuned in most of my turns. Is that something normal? Is it something you just have to deal with? Is it only RNGesus? Do I have bad luck?

Would like to hear if I am not the only one because it sure as hell she **** me the **** off.
    Post edited by JohnyDee21 on
  • AdamW
    692 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Idk my current comp is phasma with Daka and people seem to have no problem beating me.

I also swap her With Lumi and I dont run into too much of a problem when facing her either way.

Its all RNG, sometimes Ill get frustated if I kill someone like FOTP 2 times and he instant rezzes, then she revives him for a 3rd time with her ability. But thats rare.
  • Passed it. Changed out to first order team. Daka didn't last a turn.

Still strange behavior. I must use her now
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Gungnir75 wrote: »
    Passed it. Changed out to first order team. Daka didn't last a turn.

I call her lady luck. When she is with you she does amazing things. Other times she'll miss all her stuns and only resurect her precious cats. She can give you a win against superior teams
  • Welcome to the forum!

Daka is horrible in the early stages.. You will find yourself asking "why"? Even suddenly rage posting about the How unfair the RNG is on the forum.

But if you stick with it.. Max her!

She will make you smile, no... laugh out loud.

As she stuns, heals and will sometimes Rez two of your glass cannons when it was 2:1 and her 90% gone..

It's those times that will make you a nightbelber!
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    BentWookie wrote: »
    J7000 wrote: »
    Gungnir75 wrote: »
    Passed it. Changed out to first order team. Daka didn't last a turn.

I call her lady luck. When she is with you she does amazing things. Other times she'll miss all her stuns and only resurect her precious cats. She can give you a win against superior teams

See this is the difference between pontification and experience.

You can "believe" what you want to, you can never deny what you experience.

I only regret I only 6*ed her. Think I'm gonna have to miss this Jedi event and get her to 7. She's the only toon that is labeled properly-unique
  • If all else fails, add POE!!
  • Daka is the biggest pain. In GW Her RNG hates me. I've had crazy crazy bad RNG against her yet I've only had one random revive from her maxed ability. (I don't use her that much. B team only.)

She makes me grow grey hair makes re than Poe in GW and she's not as annoying to me in arena.
  • We probably need to fire the Nerf Horn!
  • Nerf the other guy's Daka. My 7* lvl 70 Daka doesn't do all those things you listed.

Other guy = RNGesus aka AI proc rate
  • BentWookie wrote: »
    See this is the difference between poentification and experience.
    Fixed.

Daka is dreamy.

Switched from farming Daka (5*) to Bobba. Bobba (5*) to Poe. Poe (7*) to QGJ. I really want to finish off her progression. At 5*, she has spent time on my arena, and is a regular rotation into GW.

Knights of the Mobile Republic
  • Nerf the other guy's Daka. My 7* lvl 70 Daka doesn't do all those things you listed.

Other guy = RNGesus aka AI proc rate

Nonesense. AI doesn't get better proc rates!!! The devs say so! (liars)
  • Daka should be able to summon undead Nightsister hordes!
  • I'm not calling for a nerf just complaining about my RNG in GW against her.
  • While I realize the devs say it isn't the case, it often feels like the AI gets better RNG when it comes to stuns, bonus attacks, etc. I mean it's not uncommon for me to be attacked 5 times in a row by an AI controlled Dooku, but I seldom if ever see my Dooku attack more than twice and NEVER more than 3 times.

• Haha @cosmicturtle333 thanks for that thread...and I don't have her...I really don't have any plans to play her....but man she is annoying in the opposite team!!!
    While I realize the devs say it isn't the case, it often feels like the AI gets better RNG when it comes to stuns, bonus attacks, etc. I mean it's not uncommon for me to be attacked 5 times in a row by an AI controlled Dooku, but I seldom if ever see my Dooku attack more than twice and NEVER more than 3 times.

Totally feel ya man! The procs on AI is waaaaay higher than on me.

But seriously....those Daka procs are nasty crazy...
  • Today my usually quiet daka rezed asajj three times in a row in arena. I was shocked myself, if only my opponent could see how he was beat.
  • Daka should be able to summon undead Nightsister hordes!

And then along comes Grievous
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Qeltar wrote: »
    I am currently running a test on Daka's revive abilities. The OP is exaggerating (as in most of his breathless posts) but there may actually be reason to suspect that her passive revive is proccing too much. Right now the percentage I have observed is well above 10%. She is also self-reviving and that is not in the ability description.
    I've also seen a couple of times where the same character self-revived more than once. This really stands out (even though it is rare) and makes the ability seem like it procs more than it does.
    @Qeltar yep 90% is exaggerate

I have been using Daka since i got her like 1.5month ago. Her proc revive & heal revive is crazy. It is more than 10%. I would say 50% percent of the time she can heal revive, her proc revive is like 25%..

In arena i lose to some ridiculous battle because of my enemy's team Daka was on steroid. I killed their Sid and proc revive.. okay fine!! i killed Sid again!! then Daka used her heal and brought him back. lol

• CPMP
    974 posts Member
    I am currently running a test on Daka's revive abilities. The OP is exaggerating (as in most of his breathless posts) but there may actually be reason to suspect that her passive revive is proccing too much. Right now the percentage I have observed is well above 10%. She is also self-reviving and that is not in the ability description.
    I've also seen a couple of times where the same character self-revived more than once. This really stands out (even though it is rare) and makes the ability seem like it procs more than it does.

OP couldn't be more right!!! I was playing squad arena at the same time with a friend of mine and when i was about to win my game, the Daka from his game ressed 2 characters on his device and 3 on my device!! Nerf!! The ress percentage is above 150% !!! :D

On a serious note now. Ofc you expect that kind of posts on forum. Who is gonna whine about Daka on enemy team didn't revive anyone? No one. I've killed her many times 2nd just to nuke Sid so he wont damage my team in GW and i never seen her ress him. Also, when i kill her she almost never self revives.

I think the problem most people encountering is the "fake" RNG that this game has. And by "fake RNG" i mean that it doesn't actually "roll a dice" to make things happen, but instead it takes into account team position and some other variables.
    The biggest example i can give is with Count Dooku in GW. You start the game and you try to stun Sid so he wont aoe your team. Stun fails. You retreat, try again, stun fails again and again and again. But, if you swap positions with your team members again and try to stun, this time it might work. Lets say this time he stuns 2 targets. If you retreat and try again, he is gonna stun the same 2 targets again and again no mater how many times you retreat and try it.
    I suspect the same happens with Daka and cause frustration. For example you nuke Sid successfully and then Daka revives him and he aoes your team. So out of anger you retreat and you use the same sequence to kill Sidious, since it worked so well. And guess what? Daka is gonna revive him again! So the percentages are not false, but the RNG that works that way.
  • Was Asajj lead? If so Daka goes fast, VERY fast. As matter of fact, even faster than Dooku!
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    That ewok elder revive cost me 200 in the GW the other day, revived Lumi and dooku at the same time and Lumi promptly healed everyone, I had Sid left in the yellow for my side and EE was red, revive 2, heal, game over
  • Doga
    808 posts Member
    Daka has to be taken out first. I just faced a team with Daka, Ewok Elder and Sid. Took out Sid, Daka brings him back, take out Daka, Elder brings her back, take out Eldar, Daka, then Sid but finished the battle with a low health GS as a result. Fortunately it was still an early battle so was able to heal up and reset all abilities by the end of the next one.
  • Doga
    808 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    CPMP wrote: »

OP couldn't be more right!!! I was playing squad arena at the same time with a friend of mine and when i was about to win my game, the Daka from his game ressed 2 characters on his device and 3 on my device!! Nerf!! The ress percentage is above 150% !!!

Were you both attacking the same player? Not accusing you of anything, just maybe you would want to clarify this statement.

"Closed a PvP rank exploit that took a lot of coordination between two players but was a loophole that needed to be closed."
  • Qeltar wrote: »

Have seen bobba self revive 4 times in a row

• Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    shimmy wrote: »
    Every battle she revives someone despite it being a TEN PERCENT CHANCE. EVERY BATTLE..
    Not true. I have tested this frequently since the forums raged about it. It is not true, at all. Plenty of times I hsve killed the whole squad leaving Daka st the end, without any revival. People over exaggerate with this, just like they do with "lucky dice" in RPG, "bad river luck" in online poker, or "the computer cheats" in single player. It's part of human nature.
  • Jaqen_Hghar
    491 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    shimmy wrote: »
    Every battle she revives someone despite it being a TEN PERCENT CHANCE. EVERY BATTLE.

I am getting sick and tired of killing off a character only for Daka to magically bring it back every **** time.

Why don't you focus daka first? Her chance to revive + heal + high chance of stunning makes her a pretty big threat in most teams. On the off chance I need to focus a character down before her (like fotp or GS), I usually make sure to have her ability blocked.

With all that being said, I'm out of tear-ade, so thanks for the refill ;)

• It's totally messed up that one room gets to hit your 3-4 times in a row.

Totally unbalanced effects for this character.