Leader Skills and Abilities are downgraded when upgraded. (With Proof)

Nosnibor
94 posts Member
edited December 2015
I'm not sure if anyone has posted this but I started noticing it and I wonder if it is a bug because it seems like an issue to me. I am noticing that leader skills after upgrading are going backwards. Maybe the characters are bugged in receiving the best skill first and unupgrading when I actually upgrade? I have no idea. I have proof of just 2 but I started noticing it before I took these screen shots. This is a pretty serious issue for me even if it is just isolated. I have screens from 2 separate characters doing it and will take more in the future once I train them.

LWyF3y9.png

8rHwUnl.png

NNNDjIq.png

BUGIh0y.png
Post edited by Nosnibor on

Replies

• Wow. It's funny that most people haven't noticed this.
  • With no response I am wondering if this is an isolated incident. No one else has mentioned this. I feel like this is a pretty big concern....especially for me.
  • Robobob wrote: »
    Wow. It's funny that most people haven't noticed this.

Thank you. It seems like a pretty big thing. I just don't know if anyone else is having this issue. I realized something was wrong when people with lower level characters had better benefits from their leaders. I would like this to get cleared up.
  • These screenshots are a huge help, thank you very much for posting them! I think I see what is happening here, it's looking like you are seeing the upgraded ability early, since it should actually start lower. I've attached a screenshot for what I see in game when looking at Ahsoka Tano's lead ability. This is likely just a display issue, but either way I'll bring it to the attention of the team.armn4qm2velz.png
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • EA_Jesse wrote: »
    These screenshots are a huge help, thank you very much for posting them! I think I see what is happening here, it's looking like you are seeing the upgraded ability early, since it should actually start lower. I've attached a screenshot for what I see in game when looking at Ahsoka Tano's lead ability. This is likely just a display issue, but either way I'll bring it to the attention of the team.armn4qm2velz.png

Thank you for the response. It seems like it may be happening recently. I just noticed it after the most recent patch (12/3). Previously it seemed like the text was updating correctly.
  • Amish_Ace
    516 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    This is happening for multiple users, myself included.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/419/abilities-upgrade-bug#latest

Thank you for posting with proof so a dev finally acknowledges the issue.
    Darth Saltious - Hoth Ski Patrol
  • Amish_Ace wrote: »
    This is happening for multiple users, myself included.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/419/abilities-upgrade-bug#latest

Thank you for posting with proof so a dev finally acknowledges the issue.

Thanks, I missed that post. I never noticed it with any other abilities previously until I was seeing allies leader abilities way better than mine. I hope it is just a text issue but if it isn't seems like the level 1's are going to be better for now.
  • +1 this happens to all my chars as well.

The tooltip shows the fully upgraded stats before you start upgrading.
    Guide to Beating Galactic War from Team Instinct
    TeamInstinct.net -- Community Site and Home to Team Instinct
  • I noticed this on Talia, though I was not ready to upgrade, I thought they were changing things on the fly in the office because I just upgraded chewies leader ability to level 4 and it gave me the plus 10 defense like normal.
  • I posted about 2 weeks ago this was happening to my Dooku. Many people said it was happening to them as well.
    --Nud Stark--
  • Before global launch a lot of characters had abilities that could not be upgraded and started out very powerful. When they finally made them upgradable they just left the placeholder description for lvl 1.
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Happens very often for me too.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • Nosnibor wrote: »
    Thank you for the response. It seems like it may be happening recently. I just noticed it after the most recent patch (12/3). Previously it seemed like the text was updating correctly.
    I have been experiencing this prior to the update.
  • I notice with Talia that prob
  • This is a display bug that we're in the process of tracking down. I'll provide another update as soon as we figure out what's going on. Do know that it is just a display issue, the actual abilities are working at their intended level even if it doesn't show it.
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • One other thing, try completely closing out the game and restarting. I just did this and it fixed a display issue I was having with a character ability showing higher than it actually was.
  • EA_Jesse wrote: »
    One other thing, try completely closing out the game and restarting. I just did this and it fixed a display issue I was having with a character ability showing higher than it actually was.

Thank you Jesse. I have noticed different stats previously when completely closing the app however I don't know what the stats are supposed to be originally.
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    One other thing, try completely closing out the game and restarting. I just did this and it fixed a display issue I was having with a character ability showing higher than it actually was.
    I have also noticed it is inconsistent.
  • How can it just be a display issue? I was level 3, bought lvl 4, and at level 2 again. Character page says level 2, description is level 2. I'm not assured at all the it is actually level 4, especially when it let me buy level 3 again! !!!
    --Nud Stark--
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    How can it just be a display issue? I was level 3, bought lvl 4, and at level 2 again. Character page says level 2, description is level 2. I'm not assured at all the it is actually level 4, especially when it let me buy level 3 again! !!!
    This is quite different.
  • I think you can see it in gameplay too when hardly any damge dealt with upgraded abilities
  • @RAMifications did you submit a ticket on your issue with Count Dooku? That is the best way to help us track down things.
  • This happened to me too with two different characters and I went to the forum just to see if I was alone in this. It happened with Captain Phasma which makes it very hard to believe it's a display thing? What are the increments for his "fire at will" suppose to be? It starts at 14% chance, I then upgraded and it went to 16%. I then upgraded again and now it says 14%. ****.

I had the same thing happen when upgrading Talias leader ability. 13% - 14% - 13%. At least it still says level three on both characters but it would be nice to know if it's the level 1 ability that's wrong or the level 3 one. What do other people have on level three with those two characters?

I hope this will get fixed asap. And thanks for a great game.

Best regards
    Tomas
  • I have noticed this problem as well. A lot of my jedi/nightsister leader skills that are evasion related starts off great with rank 1 Leader. Then when you upgrade them to rank 2. Everything suddenly drops down graded.

I've seen this happen on a dozen other characters when you upgrade. The next rank becomes WORST than the previous you upgraded from.

When is this going to be fixed.

I have already cleared cache and reloaded. It's not a visual bug.
  • RonTom wrote: »
    This happened to me too with two different characters and I went to the forum just to see if I was alone in this. It happened with Captain Phasma which makes it very hard to believe it's a display thing? What are the increments for his "fire at will" suppose to be? It starts at 14% chance, I then upgraded and it went to 16%. I then upgraded again and now it says 14%. ****.

I had the same thing happen when upgrading Talias leader ability. 13% - 14% - 13%. At least it still says level three on both characters but it would be nice to know if it's the level 1 ability that's wrong or the level 3 one. What do other people have on level three with those two characters?

I hope this will get fixed asap. And thanks for a great game.

Best regards
    Tomas

Yes. I noticed some problems too with Captain Phasma. Seems like upgrading her got worst by the ranks.

• RonEmpire
    221 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    These screenshots are a huge help, thank you very much for posting them! I think I see what is happening here, it's looking like you are seeing the upgraded ability early, since it should actually start lower. I've attached a screenshot for what I see in game when looking at Ahsoka Tano's lead ability. This is likely just a display issue, but either way I'll bring it to the attention of the team.armn4qm2velz.png

It's now February. This bug report has been around since Dec. I don't think its a visual bug since I have already cleared cache.

Why hasn't this been fixed yet?

At Rank 1. Mine says

"Jedi nightsister allies gain 12% evasion. Ahsoka tano gains 20% turn meter whever she evades an attack."

1% evasion upgrade 800.

At Rank 2. Mine says:

"Jedi and Nightsister Alies gain 11% evasion.

Add 20% turn meter on evade upgrade 1600.
  • this issue has happened to me as well multiple times, I hope its just a display bug
  • I've noticed it as well, please be sure this gets the attention it deserves.
    Use the force Luke.... and get rid of that stupid musket.
  • This is just a display issue that I have encountered myself even. The ability is showing a higher level version than it should at level 1. Your skills aren't being downgraded, it just showed higher than it should have at the lower level.
  • Anathien
    107 posts Member
    @RAMifications did you submit a ticket on your issue with Count Dooku? That is the best way to help us track down things.

i did submit a ticket 3 times in the same case with detailed explanation but did not get any answer and my case (#22358194) has just closed 3 times :/

so much for customer support...