February release notes

Replies

• So they fixed the bugs with FOTP, Leia, and Phasma. This is great. These characters are used A LOT with Poe.

Even though they didn't address the major issues with Poe (speed + his turn meter reduction), they did reduce his Tenacity and Expose. I'm disappointed that they did it this way, but I also see why they did.

They want to see what will happen with the bug fixes, the inclusion of QGJ to Cantina Shipments, and the new character(s) they are adding. Maybe (just maybe), everything will even out. They said they wanted to see what the bug fixes do before making more changes, which makes sense. Unfortunately all we can do is wait for the patch and see if the meta changes.
  • EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Accounts
    • If a player on Android is logged into G+, that player will continue to be logged in after doing an update from the app store. Previously a player could be logged out of G+.

Wait...I didn't have to start a new account last week?!?!!?!?!?!? :open_mouth:
  • My bad and thank you!
  • In my opinion its sounds all great and a lot of thoughts have put into place.

The change to Poe is a first try to stop is dominance over the rest, if it is possible to stun or ability block him before he attacks. Even though his speed still makes it hard to fight against him. The changes to shipments in GW are good as well as the changes to the arena.

But to be honest, this event does suck for f2p players, especially with this little time before this event. For the people who just started like a month ago didnt really have to chance to gather the needed characters for this event.
    I got 7* lumi and 5*JC and 3*ahsoka and almost qui-quon, but to get them to 5* and even unlocking the 5th character in a maximum of 2 weeks is impossible. (I could go and unlock Eth, but never get him to 5* and ahksoka and qui-quon. Even though am currently ranked around 150.

And of course u could have been lucky getting another Jedi through packs, but I dont. Just saying...

My favourised option would be to just change the specification till stage 5 , by saying up to 5 and star limitation, but still making possible for players to unlock him or change the unlock point to 3* or 4*... (No f2p player would lvl 5 Jedi higher then 4 stars besides lumi and JC, or have the materials for that, it takes even ages to unlock other ones then JC and lumi (besides Eth, but he is insanly bad...)).

Greetings
    MagnusBlub
  • Fair play excellent transparency, keep up the great work.
  • A lot of good news, but one that makes very little sense to me is the new event in which you must have all 5 star jedi just to get enough shards to activate a new character not available any where else. Now I am a pretty moderate spender, but I have spent a good deal on this game, frankly I find it a bit offensive that this new "event" will cater only to the top 5% of spenders in the game, why on earth do we need an event that excludes 95% of us playing the game?! Please rethink this. Jedi clearly are the hardest to level and VASTLY more expensive.
    IGN: jq
  • Boomer wrote: »
    A lot of good news, but one that makes very little sense to me is the new event in which you must have all 5 star jedi just to get enough shards to activate a new character not available any where else. Now I am a pretty moderate spender, but I have spent a good deal on this game, frankly I find it a bit offensive that this new "event" will cater only to the top 5% of spenders in the game, why on earth do we need an event that excludes 95% of us playing the game?! Please rethink this. Jedi clearly are the hardest to level and VASTLY more expensive.

This can be done without spending anything. Which i intend to do. Might take a few weeks and that is about all.
    A lot of good news, but one that makes very little sense to me is the new event in which you must have all 5 star jedi just to get enough shards to activate a new character not available any where else. Now I am a pretty moderate spender, but I have spent a good deal on this game, frankly I find it a bit offensive that this new "event" will cater only to the top 5% of spenders in the game, why on earth do we need an event that excludes 95% of us playing the game?! Please rethink this. Jedi clearly are the hardest to level and VASTLY more expensive.

There are 8 Jedi that are easily farmable and a few more that are hard nodes only.

Lumi - gw ships
    Eeth Koth - arena ships
    QGJ, jedi knight gaurdian - cantina ships
    Jc, mace, bariss, Plo Koon - cantina missions.

Hard nodes
    Ima gun di
    Anakin

I think only 2 are purchase only Ben and Aayla... I don't think they are making it impossible for F2P. They are just trying to draw some attention to characters we've been ignoring. Probably because of all the sids and dookus out there wrecking Jedi teams.

There are 8 Jedi that are easily farmable and a few more that are hard nodes only.

Lumi - gw ships
    Eeth Koth - arena ships

Hard nodes
    Ima gun di
    Anakin

I think only 2 are purchase only Ben and Aayla... I don't think they are making it impossible for F2P. They are just trying to draw some attention to characters we've been ignoring. Probably because of all the sids and dookus out there wrecking Jedi teams.

-At this early stage of the game it's a strategical error, I am aware of what is available. QGJ, only added last week to one battle, fiving him will be an eternity. Another I have is Ben... Don't need to cover that one. I have Lumie. Barriss, would be my next that I have at four, again a purchase-only character for me as I have not unlocked that level and I am L70. Hairs can then be split over what is worth building, at least half listed above people don't have interest in for a reason. If you have unlocked all levels that might be a different story, but there again, you are talking about a small minority of those playing today. Any event at this stage should be more inclusive of all players, 4-5 events down the road it would make much more sense to have a 5-star jedi event, just not at the present time.
    IGN: jq
    Boomer wrote: »

Lumi - gw ships
    Eeth Koth - arena ships

Hard nodes
    Ima gun di
    Anakin

-At this early stage of the game it's a strategical error, I am aware of what is available. QGJ, only added last week to one battle, fiving him will be an eternity. Another I have is Ben... Don't need to cover that one. I have Lumie. Barriss, would be my next that I have at four, again a purchase-only character for me as I have not unlocked that level and I am L70. Hairs can then be split over what is worth building, at least half listed above people don't have interest in for a reason. If you have unlocked all levels that might be a different story, but there again, you are talking about a small minority of those playing today. Any event at this stage should be more inclusive of all players, 4-5 events down the road it would make much more sense to have a 5-star jedi event, just not at the present time.

Boomer they stated this event will be ongoing. Coming and going every few weeks.
  • If you dont want to start it right away you dont have to.
  • obiwan1011 wrote: »
    Poe is still high risk/high reward as I stated at the beginning of the whole debate. He's just slightly higher risk now.

Could you please pin point where is this "high risk" part? All I see is NO risk, high reward.

For those who will refer to QGJ, Mace or whoever that can dispell his taunt... well, that is only possible when they are around to dispell it. However, the chances are they are one shot killed by a Rey, GS or FOTP (who just got even more buff to this damage as CG fixed the 7* bug) while waiting for their turn. Even if they somehow manage to survive and dispell the taunt, what's the point when half of the team is dead?

Hey mate guess what Rey is turn 7 Speed, so is GS, both can 1 hit your toons without Poe. Should they be nerfed too? Poggle makes everyone so deadly and goes early, nerf him. Phasma gives TM advantahe and slows TM with AOE nerf her. While we are at it let's just make every toon same DPS same speed.

This thread about the update has, as all threads here that start positive, gone into a bunch of crying and whining. If you dislike it so much stop playing. Nobody is forcing you to play the game.

I'm sorry to everyone else for being negative here but the amount of whining here is getting old. When you can't have 1 positive post with people coming on it complaining it is just bad. The whining is making this forum toxic.

100% agree. I noticed that Jedi Consular can attack people and damage them with his Lightsaber. He should get nerfed too. Just because a certain formation beats your particular formation, one or more times, doesn't mean it's overpowered. It means you might have to make adjustments. Learn to play.
  • Job
    49 posts Member
    Yoda?

Lumi - gw ships
    Eeth Koth - arena ships

Hard nodes
    Ima gun di
    Anakin

...Leia

• Yeah I really don't understand those who are freaking out. Seriously? Bad for FTP? So Yoda (assuming it is), chrome only would be better? Require 5 7* (or 5*) to play? No...5 5* required to unlock, 5 1* required to get participate. If Yoda is truely an END GAME character, 5 7* Jedi is NOT a long grind for a 7* (assuming it's an end game). Old Ben is going to take FTP MUCH LONGER to get to 7*. So what that whales may get the 7* the first time around where FTP might be the 2nd or 3rd time around? THATS THE POINT OF P2P/P2W (I'm 100% FTP unless they bring back the actual crystal subscriptions from the past)
  • Camalus
    217 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Miss_Doll wrote: »
    Yoda!!
    Since hes featured in the cover art it would be stupid if it wasn't him
    Jek_Face wrote: »
    obiwan1011 wrote: »
    Poe is still high risk/high reward as I stated at the beginning of the whole debate. He's just slightly higher risk now.

Could you please pin point where is this "high risk" part? All I see is NO risk, high reward.

For those who will refer to QGJ, Mace or whoever that can dispell his taunt... well, that is only possible when they are around to dispell it. However, the chances are they are one shot killed by a Rey, GS or FOTP (who just got even more buff to this damage as CG fixed the 7* bug) while waiting for their turn. Even if they somehow manage to survive and dispell the taunt, what's the point when half of the team is dead?

Hey mate guess what Rey is turn 7 Speed, so is GS, both can 1 hit your toons without Poe. Should they be nerfed too? Poggle makes everyone so deadly and goes early, nerf him. Phasma gives TM advantahe and slows TM with AOE nerf her. While we are at it let's just make every toon same DPS same speed.

This thread about the update has, as all threads here that start positive, gone into a bunch of crying and whining. If you dislike it so much stop playing. Nobody is forcing you to play the game.

I'm sorry to everyone else for being negative here but the amount of whining here is getting old. When you can't have 1 positive post with people coming on it complaining it is just bad. The whining is making this forum toxic.

100% agree. I noticed that Jedi Consular can attack people and damage them with his Lightsaber. He should get nerfed too. Just because a certain formation beats your particular formation, one or more times, doesn't mean it's overpowered. It means you might have to make adjustments. Learn to play.

I have been around EA Play 4 free since 2010 and its never changed, the balance is always geared towards sales and nothing else, and to repeat myself, in Need for Speed world there were 150 cars sold, 5 cars could win all the races all the time (sound familiar?) it gets tiresome and old, not to mention every single play for free game EA has released has been cheat infested due to free accounts for everyone all the time wordlwide, and caters to the unintelligent players with deep pockets who just like buying victory. I was hoping this game was different but to my surprise its as if somebody bet these guys they couldn't squeeze you harder than they ever did before and its working better than it ever has.
  • This is the crux with that challenge:

1) It's a reward for achieving a starred up Jedi team. Look at it this way
    2) It will be available regularly, maybe once a month. Hownoften will you move 5 chars in tandem one level high? On average your wait time to star up is 15 days. Not much compared to how long it will take you to star up 5 Jedi's to 7.
    3) It's ine of MANY challenges, and it SIGNALS a new kind of missions with rewards by completing certain kinds of builds
    4) It was mentioned by Jesse there will be many challenges. They created a FRAMEWORK to allow them to quickly create new and exiting challenges.
    5) You and I will not get an Arena ready in this first reward. maybe 3% of all players will.
    6) These new missions will make you think abiut what path to take your rooster. A month from now they may add a Drone reward if you have 4 Anti-Drone units. Will you rush to have him? This gives a reward tonthose COMMITED to a plan, even if it's not the most optimal Arena setup. Who uses Ewoks? Nobody...except maybe 0.5% of the guys.

Look at the big picture! One thing I say is the current Jedi challenge seems unnatural. I think a better approach is to make us feel we EARN the reward, not get AWARDED the reward. If the challenge is that you can bring ONLY Jedi's, and stage 5 ONLY allows to bring in 5 starts or higher Jedi's, that you should be able tontry your luck with 3 Jedi's or 4 Jedi's that pass the filter.

By also requiring it to be 5 (Five) makes the challenge and special event one that is just a masqueraded reward with little to be proud of but having refreshed enough to get the reward "Accepted". If the enemy is really hard to beat, you don't need tonrequire complete squads, just like current "Challenges" don't require full teams....

This change allow would make this events consistent with the philosophy of the entire game that you must WIN battles, with whatever (complete or incomplete) rooster you have.
  • Is it possible to put the Jedi starter pack up? I didn't buy it bc it didn't seem to be worth it. It definitely has more value now.
  • DermoRen wrote: »
    Is it possible to put the Jedi starter pack up? I didn't buy it bc it didn't seem to be worth it. It definitely has more value now.

Hiw much was it? i passed too. Mace was a huge dissapointment.

Lumi - gw ships
    Eeth Koth - arena ships

Hard nodes
    Ima gun di
    Anakin

...Leia

Leia is not a Jedi....

Lumi - gw ships
    Eeth Koth - arena ships

Hard nodes
    Ima gun di
    Anakin

...Leia

Leia is not a Jedi....

Oh...my bad. But she has the Mydiclorians high and has telepathy....

Thanks for the correction!

• Karma_Lotus
    158 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    God job...
  • Does the patch come in pieces?

I noticed today that my Talia's health steal effect in the description did say 90% but the numbers displayed only had her regaining 45%. Tried to scree capture but couldn't get the timing down.

Also my upgrade at the next level says +5% heal, will that actually be 10% after the patch?
  • KairiRhien wrote: »
    Does the patch come in pieces?

I noticed today that my Talia's health steal effect in the description did say 90% but the numbers displayed only had her regaining 45%. Tried to scree capture but couldn't get the timing down.

Also my upgrade at the next level says +5% heal, will that actually be 10% after the patch?

Confirmed, same here. Text changed but Steal did not. Also, 5%.

• I hope they make the chronium exclusive characters into shipment characters soon and make new characters for chronium exclusive. I sure would like to be able to progress my Kit Fisto, especially now with the whole jedi team event. He's pretty lonely at lvl 1 lol.

It looks like it should be a pretty good update though, Im excited.
  • Perhaps I am too old, but, REVAN! Because why not?
  • You know what's weird.
    As a F2P player, now I feel that I should pay for the developer. Not only because the game is **** good, but also how they care about the players.

Let see if the next update proove their point and my money(though not so much) will be yours.
  • What are in the Shard Shop? Can we have detail on that please?
  • Thanks for all the detailed info!!
    Sounds like even more fun!!
    Woo hoo!!!!!!!!!
  • Killer update
    the cake is a lie