Are Grey Jedi Canon? Official Lucasfilm Response!

Prev1
HK47isLife
233 posts Member
edited March 2017
I managed to get an official answer from a member of Lucasfilm on the subject! If you're interested in learning the truth about Grey Jedi and their canon status, find out in the video below! Any feedback on the video is appreciated! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mf7UzldFOZQ

Replies

• -1 for clickbait title. -1 for clickbait body. Move along.
  • -1 for clickbait title. -1 for clickbait body. Move along.

why are you calling this clickbait ? his video answered the question that they are not canon..

he gave the answer as per his title !
  • HK47isLife
    233 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    -1 for clickbait title. -1 for clickbait body. Move along.

It's a shame that despite the 'Clickbait' title, which is generally the question being asked. It's an official response. I'm not making you click and giving you a fake answer :dizzy: It's an official answer. Sorry you feel offended.
  • I don't need to watch the video to say that Grey Jedis are NOT canon. Period. End of discussion. People need to let go of these EU stories...
  • Darthpippa wrote: »

why are you calling this clickbait ? his video answered the question that they are not canon..

Thank you for coming to my defense man! I'm only trying to give the fans the answers to the questions.
  • JPBrunel wrote: »
    I don't need to watch the video to say that Grey Jedis are NOT canon. Period. End of discussion. People need to let go of these EU stories...

Many people believe Ashoka to be a Grey Jedi :hushed:
    I don't need to watch the video to say that Grey Jedis are NOT canon. Period. End of discussion. People need to let go of these EU stories...

Are you a fan of the EU?
  • Decent vid. EU is much more interesting than canon.
  • grey jedi were canon before lucas' life's work got acquired. i have path of the jedi, book of sith and the bounty hunter code officially released by them and references are made about the grey, as well as the lost. the story began changing right after disney took over. now, we have two storylines because of them - legends and canon. either way, having toons released by swgoh from both canon and legends would be great.
  • Decent vid. EU is much more interesting than canon.

Thank you! I enjoy both personally!
  • grey jedi were canon before lucas' life's work got acquired. i have path of the jedi, book of sith and the bounty hunter code officially released by them and references are made about the grey, as well as the lost. the story began changing right after disney took over. now, we have two storylines because of them - legends and canon. either way, having toons released by swgoh from both canon and legends would be great.

Thankfully the game is annoying canon generally so we can have our favorite characters from the EU at some point.
  • HK47isLife wrote: »
    JPBrunel wrote: »

I don't know why they should believe that since grey Jedis do not exist in the Star Wars universe... At least not yet...
    grey jedi were canon before lucas' life's work got acquired. i have path of the jedi, book of sith and the bounty hunter code officially released by them and references are made about the grey, as well as the lost. the story began changing right after disney took over. now, we have two storylines because of them - legends and canon. either way, having toons released by swgoh from both canon and legends would be great.

Thankfully the game is annoying canon generally so we can have our favorite characters from the EU at some point.

well, so far, so good - at least, they're trying not to be too chaotic. but still, hopefully, they do bring in the others.

:)
    HK47isLife wrote: »
    JPBrunel wrote: »

I don't know why they should believe that since grey Jedis do not exist in the Star Wars universe... At least not yet...

She could be the first unconfirmed canon Grey for all we know ;)
    grey jedi were canon before lucas' life's work got acquired. i have path of the jedi, book of sith and the bounty hunter code officially released by them and references are made about the grey, as well as the lost. the story began changing right after disney took over. now, we have two storylines because of them - legends and canon. either way, having toons released by swgoh from both canon and legends would be great.

well, so far, so good - at least, they're trying not to be too chaotic. but still, hopefully, they do bring in the others.

Really hoping for the rest of the triumvirate, and Revan!

I managed to get an official answer from a member of Lucasfilm on the subject! If you're interested in learning the truth about Grey Jedi and their canon status, find out in the video below! Any feedback on the video is appreciated! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mf7UzldFOZQ

i don't really just wanna believe matt - having disneyland citizen and lucasfilm story group in his description altogether (sorry, i'm such a lucas fan). but, i do understand why he had to say such. they are, after all, working on a different universal storyline now. plus, there are copyrights, patents and licenses (all that business jargon, money spending and all) to consider with disney's acquisition of lucas.

in any case, it's no easy task to get an insider to talk about certain topics related to their work. so, thanks for the nice vid!!!

• Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Thx for posting bro.

Tbh I never really thought the term "grey Jedi" made sense. Either you are a Jedi (and follow the Jedi code) or you don't. There is no halfway.

Also ahsoka is obviously not a "grey jedi" lol. She clearly states "I am no jedi". I think they purposely did this to make it distinct that there is no grey Jedi. There is only the Jedi, sith, darkside force user, ligntside force user, and bendu for the middle-ground.
  • Mullato wrote: »
    Thx for posting bro.

Tbh I never really thought the term "grey Jedi" made sense. Either you are a Jedi (and follow the Jedi code) or you don't. There is no halfway.

Also ahsoka is obviously not a "grey jedi" lol. She clearly states "I am no jedi". I think they purposely did this to make it distinct that there is no grey Jedi. There is only the Jedi, sith, darkside force user, ligntside force user, and bendu for the middle-ground.

I have a number of friends who have the exact same beliefs when it comes to the concept of Grey Jedi.

i don't really just wanna believe matt - having disneyland citizen and lucasfilm story group in his description altogether (sorry, i'm such a lucas fan). but, i do understand why he had to say such. they are, after all, working on a different universal storyline now. plus, there are copyrights, patents and licenses (all that business jargon, money spending and all) to consider with disney's acquisition of lucas.

in any case, it's no easy task to get an insider to talk about certain topics related to their work. so, thanks for the nice vid!!!

Matt seems like a pretty open guy on twitter! Go ask him a question if you have any :smiley: As I said in the video, we had a full on discussion!
  • If there is a form of Jedi that doesn't require them to basically be Catholic priests with laser swords (celibate) then I'm all for that.

Any group that discourages basic biological functions (and so by weakening the Force due to strong force wielders not proliferating) is whacked out... yo.
  • @HK47isLife the closest thing in canon to grey jedi is the Bendu. Which is in star wars rebels. Ahsoka would be considered a bendu
  • Next character is Bendu
  • MrGrips
    521 posts Member
    Isnt "Grey Jedi" also just another word for those who don't follow strictly or at all the rules of the order? Like qui gon, ahsoka.
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Darthpippa wrote: »

Clickbait: "Content whose main purpose is to attract attention and encourage visitors to click on a link to a particular web page."

It's clickbait because the question was not answered in this thread or even on this site. This thread exists to direct traffic to another site and increase view counts for a YouTube video. It's all promotion for YouTube. It would not be clickbait if a viewer could see the answer to the question without leaving this thread. The title asks a question that can only be answered by clicking a link elsewhere. It's not that the question isn't answered, it's the fact that it isn't answered on this site. That's the very definition of clickbait.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    If there is a form of Jedi that doesn't require them to basically be Catholic priests with laser swords (celibate) then I'm all for that.

Any group that discourages basic biological functions (and so by weakening the Force due to strong force wielders not proliferating) is whacked out... yo.
    They don't discourage them, they just tell you who you get to do it with.

• Darthpippa
    521 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    dad2my3 wrote: »

Clickbait: "Content whose main purpose is to attract attention and encourage visitors to click on a link to a particular web page."

It's clickbait because the question was not answered in this thread or even on this site. This thread exists to direct traffic to another site and increase view counts for a YouTube video. It's all promotion for YouTube. It would not be clickbait if a viewer could see the answer to the question without leaving this thread. The title asks a question that can only be answered by clicking a link elsewhere. It's not that the question isn't answered, it's the fact that it isn't answered on this site. That's the very definition of clickbait.

@dad2my3

Ah I see, Thank you for explaining this. These forums are full of click bait titles then, with people sharing links to there character reviews or guides to soloing in a raid. I am surprised I have not seen him posting on these threads also.

It's funny cause when I first read his comment I thought he was being rude, but actually he was being informative so thank you for pointing that out.

.... move along.... (That's just a sign off right... a stormtrooper quote... also not passive aggressive rude)
  • Kabitoe10 wrote: »
    @HK47isLife the closest thing in canon to grey jedi is the Bendu. Which is in star wars rebels. Ahsoka would be considered a bendu

Definitely. Bendu is intriguing
  • HK47isLife
    233 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    dad2my3 wrote: »

@dad2my3

Ah I see, Thank you for explaining this. These forums are full of click bait titles then, with people sharing links to there character reviews or guides to soloing in a raid. I am surprised I have not seen him posting on these threads also.

It's funny cause when I first read his comment I thought he was being rude, but actually he was being informative so thank you for pointing that out.

.... move along.... (That's just a sign off right... a stormtrooper quote... also not passive aggressive rude)

He was being flat up rude, there was nothing informative about his comment. He simply criticized me because he had to click an extra button on these forums. I'm not driving you off this thread, as my video is embedded into it rather than making you go elsewhere.
  • dad2my3 wrote: »

yH9J87y.gif
  • dad2my3 wrote: »

yH9J87y.gif

Aww, It's a shame that's not what I made you do though :neutral: The Video is embedded. You're just a troll.