Galactic War - Post ALL Comments Here ***MEGATHREAD*** (GW Threads all Merged here)

Replies

• Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Thiffu wrote: »
    I have no idea why do you guys complain. I understand RNG and all but i play on dec 2016 shard and i wasnt able to finish GW TWICE!
    75/77 clear:) (im not talking about zeta lvl, that is not my lvl yet)
    But i know why many of you dont succed. Its because you dont use brain. How would you explain being lvl 70 and using Jedi Consular as leader? Or how can you be lvl 60 and have no 6* toon? Or lvl 74 with g5 in arena squad? I see many similar examples in guild.
    This is sad.
    Another example of "not using brain" syndrome: few ppl here are giving the advice to use Biggs vs Zeta Barris. ****? His skill increase crit chance and = increase heal chance

I don't think you understand.

People suggest wiggs vs zeta Barris because they have high single target burst damage. Most toons are going to CRIT regardless eventually, but wiggs do more damage than Barris' zeta can heal.
  • DrewR
    272 posts Member
    GW got much easier after I stopped using my arena team. Now even easier after I started sending only 3rd team in.
  • chakhae1 wrote: »
    I have only completed the last node once in the past six months or longer. On Monday, I couldn't even get past node six!

Got this today again! Zeta Boba and Dooku. Wiped all my teams. That's absolutely outrageous!
  • maxmillion40
    5 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    I don't mind GW being hard. But when I face a lvl 74 (I'm lvl 80 with fully maxed boba lead with great mods for ALL my toons) team at node 6 and I get wiped out by a dooku lead team...I get miffed. I attack once. They attack 9 times. EVERY TIME! I don't see the fun in that. It happens every **** day! The AI sucks on this game. Not even CLOSE to fair play.
    Post edited by J0K3R on
  • I couldn't agree more. That MUST BE CHANGED. I dont think there's anyone here that doesn't enjoy a challenge. But when I have my ENTIRE SQUAD of same level (or higher) 3 seven stars and two 5 stars, losing to one Dooku that is some B*LLSHIT. I'm not even talking about the combo buffs or chain attacks... just him! I attack once, then he attacks back 3 times E-V-E-R-Y-T-I-M-E and fully heals himself???? WHAT THE **** AM I SUPPOSED TO DO???
  • Did they just change it to be much harder? I got stuck on node 6 today instead of the normal 9 or 10.
    I hate these new timesinks called Tb/tw. Annoying features.
  • Yep it's much harder again cause no more easy node 12, if you have high power they just pair you with a whale with all the maxed 7 stars in the game.....with a depleted squad go figure...
  • Faff2D2
    253 posts Member
    For those asking about easy node 12 in GW- the threshold is roughly 46500 arena power. You can see an easy node with less but it is inconsistent.

I've posted the breakdown level to level a few different times in these forums but it's seems to always get lost. Here it is on Reddit.

Lower power arena team easier..
  • thelebk
    38 posts Member
    Hmmm Interesting stuff. I am clearing GW each day now at level 63 using two teams of 4-6 star tunes. The secret was to sacrifice developing my arena team so my top 5 power stagnates, while I developed other characters to be close in power to the top 5, but just a bit less. Not very satisfying to not develop a killer alpha squad, but brutally effective for winning GW.
  • Node 12 GW, EP, ShoreT, DV, TFP, RG. Took most of my roster but I beat it. Better luck next time RNG.. lol
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Just beat Kenobi, Baze, Shoretrooper, Royal Guard, and Sun Fac on 12th node After many combinations of not even getting Kenobi down I put B2 in there with my so-so rebel squad (Wedge, Biggs, Stormtrooper Han, Rey (not rebel, but heavy hitter) and managed to kill them all only losing Han. The key was B2 to remove the constant buffing of this team with crit immunity, retribution, taunts etc, and burst Kenobi down as quick as possible. Then it became much easier.

I haven't noticed any difference in difficulty for a little bit with galactic war.

my arena squad is droids at 45997 power.
  • I just did a little research on my shard, Jan '17, and I know some here are sick of hearing complaining or "get a deeper roster". I bounce in and out of top 50 in arena I am 67 now, but hopefully move up today. I can't PVP yet until my guild activity resets. At level 73, only a handful of the top fifty are a level below me with most being in the 76-78 range. I have 611 GW wins. Only 10 top 50 have more. 1 has less than 300, with most being in the 550-580 range. I fave tough teams in GW, but I think they face way tougher because they have way better arena squads. I lose 3out of five arena battles every day. I started spending more resources on more players and it has hurt me in arena and helped me in GW. Luckily I haven't seen GK or Chirrut yet, but I have faced an EP, Shore, Baze, Wiggs, and pretty much every other group out there. Today my node 10 was Wiggs lead, Lando, STh, and normal Barris. That team took out two of my three tanks and I barely node 12 which was 4 clones plus JC. I've posted before, sometimes(today on both 10 and 12) that I have backed out numerous times and repeated every move til it worked. If I couldn't have spent an hour on it I would have never beaten it. I have to spend the time tho as I get my ships from there. I need SunFac, Vader, and Rex shards from fleet, along with the rare ships.
  • The most under used tool (by some) is retreat. It's like pulling the lever on the slot machine again and again, but not putting a quarter in each time :)
  • SikrouDeco wrote: »
    The most under used tool (by some) is retreat. It's like pulling the lever on the slot machine again and again, but not putting a quarter in each time :)

Retreat does not help if you are facing a team that is unbeatable given your bench of toons. By manipulating your top five power effectively you can prevent those types of teams from spawning in any node.
  • Faff2D2 wrote: »
    For those asking about easy node 12 in GW- the threshold is roughly 46500 arena power. You can see an easy node with less but it is inconsistent.

I've posted the breakdown level to level a few different times in these forums but it's seems to always get lost. Here it is on Reddit.

Lower power arena team easier..

Previously I had about 41K arena power. I could regularly beat node 12.

Then I tried out the tips. I put a about 45K arena power team in to win a battle. Now my guild roster is showing my arena power at 45K.

The result. Much tougher nodes from beginning to end! No easy 12th node. It is a real struggle now just to make node 9. I feel like I really **** myself and wish I could undo it.

I think I could make a 47K arena team, but if I do that everything will just get tougher still and maybe I get an easy 12, maybe not.

• I think there needs to be some kind of filter in place for how opponent teams are chosen. As it is it's strictly based on total power. But a team with Ugnaught lead could have the same power level as a General Kenobi lead. We all know which team will be more difficult to beat. I'm facing a Kenobi lead n12 now. All gear 11.
    Kenobi
    Sun Fac
    Barriss
    Aayla
    Fives
    I have no way of beating this zeta loaded team. Literally no way. It's not a challenge, it's impossible. I've already tried multiple teams and retreats etc. and all I've managed is removing protection. Every hit on Kenobi seems ineffectual, like he auto heals. Same with Barriss, pretty much. and then somehow 5s taunts... huh?
    I like GW most of the time, but it's teams like this that ruin the whole game experience.
  • Zader Team, with EP, Shoretrooper, Boba, TFP today at Node 12. Not even able to destroy protection. I have not one single character loaded with Zeta. Ridiculous!
  • SikrouDeco
    338 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    GW node 12: Wedge, Biggs, RG, Shore Trooper, STH. All 7*, G11. Took a few teams but beat it. Deep Rosters FTW.

2dhd8v5.png
  • Normally I clear GW every day, but today was a bad day and couldn't make it past node 10. Zaul, EP, Nihilus, Sith Trooper, and Vader. NASTY team that wiped out 3 of my strongest squads!
  • Galoopa
    123 posts Member
    Yeah, and unfortunately their tactic of hiding ths thread seems to be working. We\ll have to continue to point how asinine some of these nodes until they actually fix it.
  • Zolaz
    392 posts Member
    If the point of GW is for me to hate it ... mission accomplished.
  • I swear GW will be the reason I flip and leave this game
  • Weird question but where is this thread located now? I had to click on an old comment that I made in it to even find the thread again.
  • Cesium
    230 posts Member
    dorian_h1 wrote: »
    Weird question but where is this thread located now? I had to click on an old comment that I made in it to even find the thread again.

Feedback
    F2P - lvl 85 - July Shard - Primary Force Guild Force a Fide Guild - https://swgoh.gg/u/cesium/
  • Zolaz
    392 posts Member
    Having to fight a node 12 team full of zetas and better gear is rough when you dont have one character like that. When that whale team kills all of my heroic AAT teams and my Bounty Hunter team is just crazy. Why am I fighting a team like that?
  • SikrouDeco
    338 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Zolaz wrote: »
    Having to fight a node 12 team full of zetas and better gear is rough when you dont have one character like that. When that whale team kills all of my heroic AAT teams and my Bounty Hunter team is just crazy. Why am I fighting a team like that?

Same here, faced fully zeta g11 7* etc.. they attacked over and over and over. I got maybe 1 attack in. No fun is derived from this type of slaughter. But I know it will not change. The game could lose all the players and things will not change. So... I guess the thought process is if they make it harder and harder we will fork out cash to stay competitive. Speaking for me only, never gonna happen. I will go play something else. Too many games out and coming out. Not going to sweat it.
  • SikrouDeco
    338 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Node 12, Baze, Shore T, TFP, DV, QGJ all gear 11, dunno if zeta'd. Took a few teams but I beat it. EP (mine) caught some nasty crits.

The question is, since teams in GW are exactly the same in Arena and no enhanced AI in GW (ROFLMAO) how are players supposed to beat that team in Arena and not be able to use several teams to defeat it? Answer, you can't. Balance huh.. feh..

• Galoopa
    123 posts Member
    edited March 2017

This, yet somehow the Ai Daka always brings back multiple characters on her heal, the AI lands all of its stuns and ability blocks, and manages to dodge so many attacks. But the Ai isn't enhanced or tweaked at all.
  • Zolaz
    392 posts Member
    Having to fight a general kenobi with bariss zeta and lots of taunters is horrible. Could never get to bariss to kill her so that I could bring crit teams in to win.
  • Zolaz wrote: »
    Having to fight a general kenobi with bariss zeta and lots of taunters is horrible. Could never get to bariss to kill her so that I could bring crit teams in to win.

@Zolaz Do you have Darth Nihilus? He is a hard counter to the Barriss/GK combo. Gear him up, surround him with taunts for protection, and other Sith.
    • Sith can't crit when Nihilus leads.
    • No crits means no zBarriss heals, and no GK taunts.
    • Nihilus dispels buffs with his basic, so enemy taunts go away.
    • When Annihilate is ready, drop Barriss.
    It gets much easier with Barriss out of the way.