Are Grey Jedi Canon? Official Lucasfilm Response!

2Next

Replies

• HK47isLife wrote: »
    Darthpippa wrote: »
    dad2my3 wrote: »
    -1 for clickbait title. -1 for clickbait body. Move along.

why are you calling this clickbait ? his video answered the question that they are not canon..

he gave the answer as per his title !

Clickbait: "Content whose main purpose is to attract attention and encourage visitors to click on a link to a particular web page."

It's clickbait because the question was not answered in this thread or even on this site. This thread exists to direct traffic to another site and increase view counts for a YouTube video. It's all promotion for YouTube. It would not be clickbait if a viewer could see the answer to the question without leaving this thread. The title asks a question that can only be answered by clicking a link elsewhere. It's not that the question isn't answered, it's the fact that it isn't answered on this site. That's the very definition of clickbait.

@dad2my3

Ah I see, Thank you for explaining this. These forums are full of click bait titles then, with people sharing links to there character reviews or guides to soloing in a raid. I am surprised I have not seen him posting on these threads also.

It's funny cause when I first read his comment I thought he was being rude, but actually he was being informative so thank you for pointing that out.

.... move along.... (That's just a sign off right... a stormtrooper quote... also not passive aggressive rude)

He was being flat up rude, there was nothing informative about his comment. He simply criticized me because he had to click an extra button on these forums. I'm not driving you off this thread, as my video is embedded into it rather than making you go elsewhere.

You posed a question which you could have easily answered by providing a "Yes" or "No" either in the title or in the body of your post (title preferred). Yet you did neither. Your post was intended to draw clicks and views on the video you posted. I opened your clickbait post against my better judgment because I have some interest in the concept of grey jedi, but found no answer within and I don't wish to view your video which may or may not provide relevant information. Since there are already two strikes against finding the answer, I suspect nothing useful is in the vid.
    Was I rude? I could see why you would think so. Perhaps you were rude by using my interest to try to drum up traffic on your video. Consider that I might have been encouraged to view your video if you provided the answer up front.
  • haha it's funny that people like to start arguments for no reason.. just ignore them

thank you for the information
    dad2my3 wrote: »
    -1 for clickbait title. -1 for clickbait body. Move along.

why are you calling this clickbait ? his video answered the question that they are not canon..

he gave the answer as per his title !

Clickbait: "Content whose main purpose is to attract attention and encourage visitors to click on a link to a particular web page."

It's clickbait because the question was not answered in this thread or even on this site. This thread exists to direct traffic to another site and increase view counts for a YouTube video. It's all promotion for YouTube. It would not be clickbait if a viewer could see the answer to the question without leaving this thread. The title asks a question that can only be answered by clicking a link elsewhere. It's not that the question isn't answered, it's the fact that it isn't answered on this site. That's the very definition of clickbait.

@dad2my3

Ah I see, Thank you for explaining this. These forums are full of click bait titles then, with people sharing links to there character reviews or guides to soloing in a raid. I am surprised I have not seen him posting on these threads also.

It's funny cause when I first read his comment I thought he was being rude, but actually he was being informative so thank you for pointing that out.

.... move along.... (That's just a sign off right... a stormtrooper quote... also not passive aggressive rude)

He was being flat up rude, there was nothing informative about his comment. He simply criticized me because he had to click an extra button on these forums. I'm not driving you off this thread, as my video is embedded into it rather than making you go elsewhere.

You posed a question which you could have easily answered by providing a "Yes" or "No" either in the title or in the body of your post (title preferred). Yet you did neither. Your post was intended to draw clicks and views on the video you posted. I opened your clickbait post against my better judgment because I have some interest in the concept of grey jedi, but found no answer within and I don't wish to view your video which may or may not provide relevant information. Since there are already two strikes against finding the answer, I suspect nothing useful is in the vid.
    Was I rude? I could see why you would think so. Perhaps you were rude by using my interest to try to drum up traffic on your video. Consider that I might have been encouraged to view your video if you provided the answer up front.

You could've offered some constructive criticism, instead of just shooting me down. If you don't want to watch the video, don't watch it that's fair enough. You don't need to put it down, simply because you disagree with how I perhaps distributed it. And given that many people shared their opinions on the video, proved that I did answer the question that you're still struggling to accept. Next time you don't like something, provide the poster with something constructive.
  • @EventineElessedil I'll be the bigger man too. The Answer was: NO. after having a full blown discussion with Matt Martin on twitter about the Light and Dark side of the force, he said the concept of Grey Jedi doesn't exist in this canon. It is a fan made thing.
    JPBrunel wrote: »
    I don't need to watch the video to say that Grey Jedis are NOT canon. Period. End of discussion. People need to let go of these EU stories...

Many people believe Ashoka to be a Grey Jedi :hushed:

Anyone actually paying attention would know that Ahsoka is not actually a Jedi at all. Kicked out under false accusations. Name Cleared but decided to leave the order anyways. So didn't make Knighthood. But later in Rebels she appears and on several occasions states that she is no Jedi. Even on her book I believe she states that little fact about herself. Although its been awhile since I read it.
  • yep. Ahsoka left the order for good after they jumped quickly to kick her out and then later offered to let her back it.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Is the EU legends now still being written?
    I mean : are they still writing new stories that are for legends? Couldnt legends be an alternate universe? If you dont like one or the other . I like legends to be alternate time line . With new contenet