Galaxy wars FTP level 41

FTP plus Dooku, 9 days in, level 41. No luck with cards. Wasn't able to complete galaxy wars my first two tries. My strategy probably could be tweaked, but it looks to me like completing it at this level with just the two FTP healers is impossible. Am I correct, or do I just suck?

If I'm right then I guess I just need to wait for reinforcements - Sid, while not a healer, should help in 2 days; luminaria in roughly 5 days, and old daka eventually (but it will take 3 weeks, or a little less if I spend some crystals). Or get lucky with the bronzium cards.

Replies

• FTP level 43. Took me many many tries to beat GW. Finally did today. So much of it depends on what random team you draw. Today, no Dooku or Barriss. I had Consuler and Talia as my healers.
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • Something that REALLY helped me was leaving the fights after the enemy Chewy taunts. You might try that too
  • HavokTrigger's tip is the absolute best trick you can pull in GW ;)
  • I finished GW at 41 with Barris at my first attempt.She is pretty tanky.
  • Something that REALLY helped me was leaving the fights after the enemy Chewy taunts. You might try that too

How do you leave the fight? Retreat?
  • Click the setting button and the option is there.
  • Definitely retreat all the time for just about any reason. Note you must let the opposition attack at least once before you get to leave, but after that you can leave for any reason. I retreat if Chewie taunts, if Dooku gets a couple good stuns in, if I notice that I get to attack 2+ times and they only get to attack once before I get another turn to retreat on, and myriad other reasons. The retreat button is your friend in Galactic Wars.
  • I think they patched that no retreating anymore
  • I was able to beat it today finally at level 45. My primary team was sid bariss luminara dooku and lando while my secondary was chewy counselor ahsoka(kinda interchanges with dooku when needed) tie pilot and cad bane. F2p all except the dooku. Luminara so far is my favorite healer because she hits really hard and has a good heal.
  • Alatar wrote: »
    Definitely retreat all the time for just about any reason. Note you must let the opposition attack at least once before you get to leave, but after that you can leave for any reason. I retreat if Chewie taunts, if Dooku gets a couple good stuns in, if I notice that I get to attack 2+ times and they only get to attack once before I get another turn to retreat on, and myriad other reasons. The retreat button is your friend in Galactic Wars.

So it's like save scumming.
  • Lorenzo wrote: »
    FTP plus Dooku, 9 days in, level 41. No luck with cards. Wasn't able to complete galaxy wars my first two tries. My strategy probably could be tweaked, but it looks to me like completing it at this level with just the two FTP healers is impossible. Am I correct, or do I just suck?

If I'm right then I guess I just need to wait for reinforcements - Sid, while not a healer, should help in 2 days; luminaria in roughly 5 days, and old daka eventually (but it will take 3 weeks, or a little less if I spend some crystals). Or get lucky with the bronzium cards.

Sometimes you get unlucky, it's random enemy teams everyday man. I win my first one then couldn't complete two in a row, then I won my last two. Granted, you should use less op team in the beginning. Remember if you lose your fully leveled up A-team and have a D-team (as far as gear goes) you're most likely not going to move past the weakened team you just fought. Switching up people between fights always helps.
  • I find that against some teams with 1 healer, once i take out the healer, i put 2 or 3 really "D Team" guys in just to take fire. the AI seems to like to beat up on weakened or weak targets. so i send some of them in as sacrifices to allow my heal cooldowns to recover. I still only have 12 toons so i'm a couple more days away from getting through the entire gauntlet

Will have to try this little "tactic" -- seems kind of silly that they'd make this a core mechanic of GW, but I've seen this in several threads now.

I tried GW the first time at L40 yesterday and didn't get farther than the third or fourth phase or whatever.

I like the strategy of starting with a weak-sauce team though to get the easy pairings done without hurting the main players... will have to keep this in mind. My undoing yesterday was once Talia died, it was all downhill from there since my only healers as mostly F2P is Consular and Talia. I'm still days away from having Old Daka or Luminara available. :(

SWGoH Ally Code: 988-869-147 GM of [Elite Casual]
    May the Force be with you.
  • Thanks. Followed advice and aDvanced to, but did not win, the final battle today. But the responses have made me feel a bit better about that - it is clearly tough to win with just 2 healers. But Sid tommorrow and luminaria sooner than expected - she is at 37/50 - I expect I'll be winning soon.
  • OK, "abused" retreating and cleared GW for the first time today at L42. Yay! I think I had a pretty easy draw on the lineups though, so that helped. Being able to retreat out of Chewie (or any other) taunt is ridiculously OP.

And once you get the hang of being cheeky about subbing in weak dps to prolong the length of killing the final toon in each lineup, the healing/cooldown affair starts to make sense.

I can see why a 3rd healer in the rotation would be a nice boon though... working with only Talia and the Consular made for some hairy moments at a few points. If I didn't get lucky with a few 2-round cooldowns on the Consular, things would have ended differently...
    SWGoH Ally Code: 988-869-147 GM of [Elite Casual]
    May the Force be with you.
  • Battle 5 for me today was Kit Fisto, Aayla Secura, Cad Bane, Leia and Qui Gon. All 6*. I was scared until I realised it was one of the AI teams and they were all only level 30. Fight 8 was the hardest today, lost 2 (JC and Dooku) but it was plain sailing after that. Sid makes it all quite easy. "Oh no, I've been taunted by Chewie, np, he can't be healed mwahaha!"
  • A little off topic but any advice on purchasing chrome cards with crystals, or saving crystals for just about anything else. I have 1500 crystals and really tempted to get the 4pack. Is this foolish, should I be more patient with bronze cards? I hear people get 4* with them, but the best thing I've gotten so far is just some shards. I don't have "real money to spend, but need more characters. Any thoughts or experiences to share?
  • i think u might want to save it for till the movie is out..might have more updates to the current packs.
  • Bombbadass, I reccomend you to NOT get Chromium if this is your hard (virtual) work. I used 3 Chromium x 8 in total and I got some yards, 4 useless 2 star chars, and nit that much more. If you use a regular Chromium you will be dissapointed. Pleae that get a 4 or 5 on first try will post. But most wont. What's especially bad is that you may get chars that can't be easily farmed, and they delay your game. Very slow grind yard by yard in Hard Mode WILL EAT your Energy you need for gear.

You need to ALWAYS beat GW to get Luminara asap. She starts at 4* and is great. Also, use ALL your Cantina on Consular now. You cannot rely on Talia plus weak Consular. If you don't have Consular on Cantina, do ONLY Talia, until next star. The thing you want is your healers strong. Also use Chewy, but don't waste that much, just gear up. And don't use from begginig. Let enemy weaken your chars, use a healer if several chars are to enter Yellow. If only one char, use Chewy to extend one more turn and allow enemy to weaken team that is still strong before heal. Also, focus first one enemy weakest char, and WAIT YOUR SPECIALS (the high damage ones only, buffs are) until target yellow. If you use soecials first, the you are left with regular, and it will take you longer with great chance of enemy heal. Talia can't be used as primay healer because she will get damaged, then when you heal, she weakens further. So give all Skills priority in Talia to get basic attack. This aleviates her problem a bit, as she will recharge higher %, and also increase damage, will increases her recovery every turn. Unless you have a finishing blow and feel lucky, a weakened Talia should only use normal attack to recover her pool. Unless you have anither good healer next, with Special unused, weaken her almost sure she will live. If Talia is weakened, but your team is largely in yellow, and you have Chewy, use Talia to heal. If she is already red, team weakened, use her heal...it migth be the best for the team as her last move. If they don't immediately kill her, use Chewy next. And use Talia normal attack. Talia is not very strong, she is good not wow strong, so instead of leading with health pool, i prefer Evasion. A missed enemy attck is better that a bit more health pool: she'll die anyway. This works best when using other nightsisters and jedi's only.

Good lick, and buff your Consular. You need his strong as well as tou do Talia.

Regarding GW I use usually my strongest team. Versus a weak team, I just avoid using any special at the end, and will heal 90% and still have one heal or two for next game. Sending a B team just equals weakening specific chars that are not so "B" and that you may need in the unavoidable game vs 6-10 higher tiers that will pop up just before grabbing the first 200 reward, and then before the other 200 or final reward. In thise games, think anlot about tram composition. And in this cases you can send B chars first, only if the have high Attack. Remember, enemy situation stays the same, so bring the right chara after a retreat. It will be hard, but the NEXT team will be easy.toust make sure you don't lose entire A team in those figths, as then the "easy" games will get you crushed as well, erasing your gains and profit quite a lot.
  • Don't expect to clear GW anytime soon for FTP global launch players. You need at least 2 solid teams and lots of cannon fodder (level 1 just to go in and die to skills). It only increases in difficulty as you get even higher level. And it's really down to some RNG game who you encounter.

One good additional team to build for FTP other than your main would be the droids. But that's still a really far away target (months later) if you are still building your 5 main players for pvp.
  • The key to GW is to have a deep bench, retreat to swap in fresh reinforcements and once you're down to picking away at a Chewie or a Bariss, bring your damaged toons back in to heal up, just time it right to miss opponent's attack and your healer coming up to bat with cool down done.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Bombbadass, I reccomend you to NOT get Chromium if this is your hard (virtual) work. I used 3 Chromium x 8 in total and I got some yards, 4 useless 2 star chars, and nit that much more. If you use a regular Chromium you will be dissapointed. Pleae that get a 4 or 5 on first try will post. But most wont. What's especially bad is that you may get chars that can't be easily farmed, and they delay your game. Very slow grind yard by yard in Hard Mode WILL EAT your Energy you need for gear.

You need to ALWAYS beat GW to get Luminara asap. She starts at 4* and is great. Also, use ALL your Cantina on Consular now. You cannot rely on Talia plus weak Consular. If you don't have Consular on Cantina, do ONLY Talia, until next star. The thing you want is your healers strong. Also use Chewy, but don't waste that much, just gear up. And don't use from begginig. Let enemy weaken your chars, use a healer if several chars are to enter Yellow. If only one char, use Chewy to extend one more turn and allow enemy to weaken team that is still strong before heal. Also, focus first one enemy weakest char, and WAIT YOUR SPECIALS (the high damage ones only, buffs are) until target yellow. If you use soecials first, the you are left with regular, and it will take you longer with great chance of enemy heal. Talia can't be used as primay healer because she will get damaged, then when you heal, she weakens further. So give all Skills priority in Talia to get basic attack. This aleviates her problem a bit, as she will recharge higher %, and also increase damage, will increases her recovery every turn. Unless you have a finishing blow and feel lucky, a weakened Talia should only use normal attack to recover her pool. Unless you have anither good healer next, with Special unused, weaken her almost sure she will live. If Talia is weakened, but your team is largely in yellow, and you have Chewy, use Talia to heal. If she is already red, team weakened, use her heal...it migth be the best for the team as her last move. If they don't immediately kill her, use Chewy next. And use Talia normal attack. Talia is not very strong, she is good not wow strong, so instead of leading with health pool, i prefer Evasion. A missed enemy attck is better that a bit more health pool: she'll die anyway. This works best when using other nightsisters and jedi's only.

Good lick, and buff your Consular. You need his strong as well as tou do Talia.

Regarding GW I use usually my strongest team. Versus a weak team, I just avoid using any special at the end, and will heal 90% and still have one heal or two for next game. Sending a B team just equals weakening specific chars that are not so "B" and that you may need in the unavoidable game vs 6-10 higher tiers that will pop up just before grabbing the first 200 reward, and then before the other 200 or final reward. In thise games, think anlot about tram composition. And in this cases you can send B chars first, only if the have high Attack. Remember, enemy situation stays the same, so bring the right chara after a retreat. It will be hard, but the NEXT team will be easy.toust make sure you don't lose entire A team in those figths, as then the "easy" games will get you crushed as well, erasing your gains and profit quite a lot.

Small correction, Luminara starts as a 3 star. She is awesome though.
  • The key to GW is to have a deep bench, retreat to swap in fresh reinforcements and once you're down to picking away at a Chewie or a Bariss, bring your damaged toons back in to heal up, just time it right to miss opponent's attack and your healer coming up to bat with cool down done.

not saying this is not a good strategy for GW as I'm doing it too.

but is this really how they wanted ppl to play GW??

it just seems wrong to me. as soon as one of your guys is close to death, you say "hey hold up. gimme one sec. let me go home, call up my other dude and we'll resume in a bit, okay? cool, thx suckas!"

is it just me, or is there something wrong with that picture.
  • Lorenzo
    110 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Cleared it today @ level 45 with luminara. She is indeed awesome. Will 4* her tomorrow.
  • woodchuck wrote: »
    <snip>
    but is this really how they wanted ppl to play GW??

it just seems wrong to me. as soon as one of your guys is close to death, you say "hey hold up. gimme one sec. let me go home, call up my other dude and we'll resume in a bit, okay? cool, thx suckas!"

is it just me, or is there something wrong with that picture.

This bothers me a lot too. I hope they patch it out and balance it a bit better.
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    scootle wrote: »
    OK, "abused" retreating and cleared GW for the first time today at L42. Yay! I think I had a pretty easy draw on the lineups though, so that helped. Being able to retreat out of Chewie (or any other) taunt is ridiculously OP.

And once you get the hang of being cheeky about subbing in weak dps to prolong the length of killing the final toon in each lineup, the healing/cooldown affair starts to make sense.

I can see why a 3rd healer in the rotation would be a nice boon though... working with only Talia and the Consular made for some hairy moments at a few points. If I didn't get lucky with a few 2-round cooldowns on the Consular, things would have ended differently...
    Awesome.
    bombbadass wrote: »
    A little off topic but any advice on purchasing chrome cards with crystals, or saving crystals for just about anything else. I have 1500 crystals and really tempted to get the 4pack. Is this foolish, should I be more patient with bronze cards? I hear people get 4* with them, but the best thing I've gotten so far is just some shards. I don't have "real money to spend, but need more characters. Any thoughts or experiences to share?
    Total waste.

By far the best investment is any energy refills 100 crystals or less.

You will get more useful Heroes, short and long term, by farming the holotables as quickly as you can.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • Level 47 F2P here! Been able to beat GW 2/3 times since I got Luminara. Current team is Chewi, Resistance Trooper, Sid and Luminara.

Just grind out war and battles until you get Luminara and then retreat a bunch and pray for good match ups once you get her.