The Perfect Guide for the Perfect Start

Replies

• Huatimus wrote: »
    The effect of hoarding is quite diminished at level 28. I'd jump in as soon as possible if this patch were to go live next week.

The patch went live today. I would post a screenshot if I knew how.
  • I tried the new patch,yeah you get cantina at lvl8. Maybe the hoarding is even improved because now you can hoard cantina energy also and sim like 50 insta heh(if you have that amount of sims). Also a really good thing is getting events at 15 ,since you can finish them and not get exp.. Now im 20 and my plan is to hoard all,finish events and only do lando cantina. it gives you 8 exp. I need 70 more shards,if we go 1/3 i need 210 sims,which is 1600 exp. Slight problem is 130 exp per lvl but im not sure how lvl exp goes after 25. I will go sim only lando till lvl 27 then hoard like crazy so i can insta get lando. So better thing now is you dont have to pull Lando but someone else, hopefully wedge and before 28 you are set with double hoard which will also get you closer to boba faster. The problem i see is seeing how old your shard is.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    The problem now is that if the shard is only created at level 28, it could take a few days to fill one shard, and if you enter at the tail end, that is a few days behind the leaders which would negate all your energy hoarding.
  • Yeah that is the problem, knowing the shards "oldness". But getting that cantina energy hoard will definitely help,with the ability to get lando or/and gs. Now im only sad i didnt reroll march 1st and being able to get chopper heh. Also if you hold long enough you will also get those events free of exp. Getting abilities up atleast one level is great.
  • I think hoarding cantina energy now makes it even better. No?
  • MistSaint
    53 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    So I got to lvl 27 and I'm gonna resume the hoarding. If you're in a guild that constantly invites new players and they're around lvl 28, you should ask them what rank they were when they joined Arena. It seems to be the only way now to determine shard progress. You have to unlock guilds however, which is at lvl 25, If I remember.
  • I dont think getting fast to 27 then hoarding is good since you wont do anything but spam energy and wont accumulate sims. So when you get that 3k+ cantina energy you wont be able to sim it all at once, even getting extra sims. Im slowly going from 20 only auto-ing lando so i wont have to use all sim. Even when getting that lvl 25 guild maybe it will be good for getting some equipment sooner?
  • MistSaint
    53 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    mirko007 wrote: »
    I dont think getting fast to 27 then hoarding is good since you wont do anything but spam energy and wont accumulate sims. So when you get that 3k+ cantina energy you wont be able to sim it all at once, even getting extra sims. Im slowly going from 20 only auto-ing lando so i wont have to use all sim. Even when getting that lvl 25 guild maybe it will be good for getting some equipment sooner?

I'm only gonna hoard until I'm certain I can get a good Arena rank. Also, getting 3k+ cantina energy is gonna take a loooong time since you only get free cantina energy once a day. Also, acknowledge that you may not get Lando before lvl 28, obtaining shards is very RNG-based. Another thing: being in a guild gives you the opportunity to accrue guild currency, which can be used to buy shards or nice gear parts for cheap.
  • Well my plan was one month of hoarding so 135 * 30 = 4050 energy,and cantina is then 45*30=1350. So 1350 / 8 = about 168 times on lando . Like i said 1/3 shard is 56 shards,plus all from before and from lvling i will get lando for sure. Yeah getting some shards from guild maybe 50/daily is meh since you dont really give tickets since you hoard and dont spend. And guild currency towards shards is unreliable since you may get maul/rex/rey. But cantina will always be boba/qui. So lets say you hoard 10 days its 500 guild currency so 5 shards towards really unfarmable early game characters. Yeah equipment but again not early relevant.

But i think this change to lvl28 arena will be good,but you need patience to hoard enough. I did it once already and impatiently hoarded. But now i have that account and this to hoard so i enjoy playing while hoarding heh.
  • Drazz127
    770 posts Member
    If you really want to take advantage of this, don't spend any energy on Cantina. Just hoard the energy and do the one daily activity that generates sim tickets.
  • Drazz127 wrote: »
    If you really want to take advantage of this, don't spend any energy on Cantina. Just hoard the energy and do the one daily activity that generates sim tickets.

Well put.
  • Well,that seems good but the sims achievement gets you 40 exp,so 3 days gets you one lvl. Hm,maybe after 3 days gets you 75 tickets. Maybe that is enough since you will sim maybe 40-50, but also you need tickets for energy.
  • Drazz127
    770 posts Member
    How many days will it take to get to level 28 with only 40 xp per day? Seems the free sim tickets are well worth it. Why spend XP on energy? Just keep doing the daily activity until 27, then just start whenever is convenient for you.
  • Not that much days but yeah(its the same if you hoard and spend all or slowly playing until 27 then hoard). A part is simply you will play a little and not just hoard .Funnnnn. Also getting some mini robots to lvl your characters to be able to finish events like now in march with my all team lvl 25 i got hera,also you will finish challenges hoarding those mats ,moneeeey, and droids.
  • So has anyone confirmed that the shard formation at level 28 still works the same way? I'm slowly getting to level 28, but I would race there if I knew I was already grouped with folks and wasting my time hoarding.
  • So has anyone confirmed that the shard formation at level 28 still works the same way? I'm slowly getting to level 28, but I would race there if I knew I was already grouped with folks and wasting my time hoarding.

Everything is the same, they only changed the level requirement.
  • Carto
    59 posts Member
    How can i know when a new shard is starting? I need multiple accounts in level 27?
  • Well i have one as guest so ill wait and see the shard,also maybe join a guild and ask them about the shard if they just joined one
  • I got Hoth Rebel Soldier on my first throw. Keep or roll again?
    How can I prevent my XP to go beyond 28?
    swgoh profile teamrex https://swgoh.gg/p/161639499/
  • Carto
    59 posts Member
    Roll again
  • Is it that weak of a character?
  • How about ewok elder?
  • Okay, now have Mace Windu, but heard there were some issues with this character.
    So which one is best rebel hoth soldier (3*0, ewok elder(2*) or mace windu(4*)?
  • Reroll him too you will get him free later,also not that good
  • Carto
    59 posts Member
    @JediBen777 Try to obtain some 4 stars character, and if you really want a good start try to reroll until you obtain: Baze, Chirrut, Shoretropper, Wedge, Rex, Lando, B2, Kylo, Maul, HK47, Sidious.
  • Alright. thanks...geez...it takes a long time...already in my 8th roll. Last two were 4 stars, but they were both Finn...wish there was a faster way than creating a new google account, going through the entire tutorial again and obtaining 350 crystals. lol
  • Alright...finally after 9 attempts, I got Rex...though not exactly a Rebel or Jedi for which I wanted to build a team...hmmm...still thinking of doing Mace...
  • I noticed that Rex is not as easily farmable as the other ones...Also fleet shipments doesn't start until level 60??
  • FYI, you cannot get a Dark Side character from your first roll.
  • I want to start a rebel team...only bad thing is that Rex is not a rebel...Also do you know of any good guilds I can join?