Dooku with Nihilus is rediculous

2Next

Replies

• Mzee wrote: »
    Killed all 4 guys easily, with just Dooku left. No matter how much damage I did to him he gained it all back with countering. Even with IG86's special I couldn't get him to yellow health. I had 2 guys left, and ran out of time. By the time I got to just Dooku, not a single one of my guys lost all the protection. I have a full Droid squad of all tier 11.

This needs a fix as one character should not be able to solo entire teams.

No sympathy for droiders, farm stunners problem solved
    Cehmybro wrote: »
    Dooku is pretty powerful under Nihilus lead but maybe you should be complaining less about Dooku and more about how droids haven't had any Zeta abilities to keep up with all of the other squads

This thread isn't about the lack of zeta abilities. That's a different can of worms.

And for those just criticizing me for using droids still, well I do have an empire team that is almost ready. This is also a very unconstructive argument and does not belong here.

General Grievous would be nice, but isn't very farmable right now.

The point of this thread was that I don't believe any character should be invincible unless someone has a team that can apply a specific debuff, and currently that is exactly what Dooku is under a Nihilus lead.

Grievous is farmable, you just have to give it your effort.
  • Vallik wrote: »
    Adapt your team dooku is very easy to beat even with some droids

Running the same team u ran 9 months ago and whinging they arnt working anymore is not a valid argument

You sir are spot on! Haha i have t put any effort into droids personally, glad I branched out to multiple factions
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Thanks for the useless condescending comments that miss the point.

And Grievous is an option that I may work on, but I have been using my shards for gear as I need that more, and the exchange rate is just too low for me to invest in it.

And Grievous is an option that I may work on, but I have been using my shards for gear as I need that more, and the exchange rate is just too low for me to invest in it.

STUN dooku is the consensus, that's not useless info. You said your using a droid team they obviously aren't doing it for you. Get a stunner, palpatine or RG with high speed potency then laywaste
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Mzee wrote: »

STUN dooku is the consensus, that's not useless info. You said your using a droid team they obviously aren't doing it for you. Get a stunner, palpatine or RG with high speed potency then laywaste

Read my previous comment. I addressed it there.
  • Ridikulos!

*kenobi turns into a fat jawa*
  • SubzeeeDon wrote: »
    Ridikulos!

*kenobi turns into a fat jawa*

LMAO!!!
  • Dude, these guys are giving you solid advice on hard counters for your problem. Nothing else is going to magically make your Droid team accomplish something they're not made to do (hopefully 88s heal block gets fixed soon). You don't have to agree, you just have to adapt.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    DruBacca wrote: »
    Dude, these guys are giving you solid advice on hard counters for your problem. Nothing else is going to magically make your Droid team accomplish something they're not made to do (hopefully 88s heal block gets fixed soon). You don't have to agree, you just have to adapt.

I already addressed this argument. And, I am leaving my droids soon for another team. Just getting the omegas up on an empire team right now, which currently have 3 tier 11s, and 2 tier 10s, so I am doing my part to adapt.
  • Would you say that Dooku under Nihilus lead is ridookulous?

trademark that shif
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Dooku is pretty powerful under Nihilus lead but maybe you should be complaining less about Dooku and more about how droids haven't had any Zeta abilities to keep up with all of the other squads

This thread isn't about the lack of zeta abilities. That's a different can of worms.

And for those just criticizing me for using droids still, well I do have an empire team that is almost ready. This is also a very unconstructive argument and does not belong here.

The point of this thread was that I don't believe any character should be invincible unless someone has a team that can apply a specific debuff, and currently that is exactly what Dooku is under a Nihilus lead.

But it's not a specific debuff. Stun, daze, shock, heal block, and even stealth. Any of the 4 would help. There are several characters/teams that can apply several of the above debuffs. Use any of them.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

But it's not a specific debuff. Stun, daze, shock, heal block, and even stealth. Any of the 4 would help. There are several characters/teams that can apply several of the above debuffs. Use any of them.
    @Mzee
    Another counter would be GG or Dooku as their basics can't be counter attacked. You can also use Tenacity Up to stop him from ability blocking you which allows you to easily kill him. Thats 3 different debuffs, 2 buffs and 2 abilities that you could utilize to fix your problem. It's not "one specific debuff" that you need. There are 21 characters that can stun Dooku, there are 7 characters that can apply healing immunity to dooku, there are 2 that can shock him, there are 4 that can Daze him, 2 with uncounterable attacks, 9 characters that can attack from stealth (not including Nightsister Acolyte) and 7 characters that give/get Tenacity Up. While some of those characters can do more than one, that still amounts to over 40 characters that can get around Dooku in some way. (Didn't even include Nihilus + Annihilate) There are plenty of ways to beat Dooku.

Where you say "You shouldn't need a specific debuff/ability to defeat someone" I'm just going to disagree. If you didn't need specific counters for specific people there would be absolutely no strategy in who you want to run and who has synergy with who. You're basically just saying "You shouldn't need strategy to beat someone if I have more people than them." No. That's just wrong. You do need strategy, this is supposed to be a strategy game, but as soon as we get something that requires strategy and not RNG to beat people complain? Like seriously? People are helping you find ways to solve your problem and you're just complaining that you shouldn't have to use these things to solve your problem. If you want to hammer in your screw be my guest, but I'll leave the screwdriver on the table next to you and I'll even give you these box of nails so you can put those two pieces of wood together in a different way if you would like to because apparently one solution to a problem isn't enough. I gave you 40, now the balls in your court.
  • Broxxor
    595 posts Member
    You should have loaded him up with Bombs via JE. ONce they go off - you'd be able to clear him out pretty easily.
  • Vertigo wrote: »

Where you say "You shouldn't need a specific debuff/ability to defeat someone" I'm just going to disagree. If you didn't need specific counters for specific people there would be absolutely no strategy in who you want to run and who has synergy with who. You're basically just saying "You shouldn't need strategy to beat someone if I have more people than them." No. That's just wrong. You do need strategy, this is supposed to be a strategy game, but as soon as we get something that requires strategy and not RNG to beat people complain? Like seriously? People are helping you find ways to solve your problem and you're just complaining that you shouldn't have to use these things to solve your problem. If you want to hammer in your screw be my guest, but I'll leave the screwdriver on the table next to you and I'll even give you these box of nails so you can put those two pieces of wood together in a different way if you would like to because apparently one solution to a problem isn't enough. I gave you 40, now the balls in your court.

+1

This game shouldn't be (and thankfully isn't) a game of solely pure power/muscle/brawn. I like the fact you have to be very strategic about your squad and need to always adapt to remain competitive.
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Have to shock or apply healing immunity after that he's easy
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    how much health does the dooku in question have? ~40k modded i reckon, seems 1 shotable with IG86 assist.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »
    how much health does the dooku in question have? ~40k modded i reckon, seems 1 shotable with IG86 assist.

No crits under Nihl lead.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

I believe he is suggesting 86 on his team (not the Nihilus-lead team)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

droids aren´t sith.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Haha didn't realize anyone used droids anymore but yea they would probably wreck a dn lead
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    People who struggle with Nihilus lead make me laugh. Dots and expose guys. Dots and expose.
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Olddumper wrote: »
    People who struggle with Nihilus lead make me laugh. Dots and expose guys. Dots and expose.

Zader makes dn lead quick work for sure