Stealth while Stunned?

The0n3
984 posts Member
I haven't found any posts related to that in this section so i'm making one.

So, as the title says, i'm looking for answers regarding this issue... As Zauls teams are everywhere, we're seeing a lot of stealth these days, but the thing is, when you hit the toon and stun him, if it's a crit he'll be stunned AND with stealth!!

Same thing happens with zQGJ, he can still gain foresight while stunned, BUT, you can still hit the guy stunned even if he has foresight on, so stun actually "blocks" foresight, shouldn't it "block" stealth as well?

I'm just curious, that doesn't seem to be WAI, how can the guy gain stealth while stunned?

Replies

• Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    Zaul's leader ability states that the sith allies gain stealth on a dodge or critical hit.

Or are you saying you think the mechanaics should be changed so that you can't be stealthed while stunned?

If i hide in a bush and got knock myself on the head, will you still see me in the bush?
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Boreas
    508 posts Member
    I agree that characters getting buffed while stunned has no sense at all. Same goes with Baze's taunt and ret, It should not happen when/if a character is stunned.
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Boreas wrote: »
    I agree that characters getting buffed while stunned has no sense at all. Same goes with Baze's taunt and ret, It should not happen when/if a character is stunned.

then what is the point of buff immunity if stun takes care of it?

stun is just skip a turn, no counters, or assists; buff immunity would make it too powerful.
  • Boreas
    508 posts Member

stun is just skip a turn, no counters, or assists; buff immunity would make it too powerful.[/quote]

stun is "stun" you are stunned, you freeze and cannot do anything. You should not be doing anything.

• DimesandPennies
    427 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Boreas wrote: »

stun is "stun" you are stunned, you freeze and cannot do anything. You should not be doing anything.

Should. This is not how it works with zauls lead though, so WAI no bug.
  • Boreas
    508 posts Member
    I know it's not a bug, it could make sense with zaul lead, since Maul is the one providing it, not the stunned character, unless Maul is stunned. An effect from an outside source is ok, but auto abilities, if not coming from an outside source directly to that character also should be blocked while stunned. That's my humble opinion.
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    Supercat wrote: »
    Zaul's leader ability states that the sith allies gain stealth on a dodge or critical hit.

Or are you saying you think the mechanaics should be changed so that you can't be stealthed while stunned?

If i hide in a bush and got knock myself on the head, will you still see me in the bush?

Nah, i know nothing about mechanics, i'm just curious cause if we're talking about good sense, they couldn't gain stealth while stunned...

Your example is good, except in you knocked yourself out. In my case I'M the one bashing you on the head, so even if you went and fell behind the bush, i would still know where you are. See the point?

Getting buffs while stunned is ok if those buffs work AFTER the stun, but if i stun EP for example, and my next hit on him is a CRIT, he'll get stealth.... How's that making any sense to you?
  • Stun stops counterattacks and stops dodging that's it. It isn't a buff block. Stun doesn't stop a toon from getting healing. Stun doesn't stop a toon from getting TM. Stun doesn't stop a toon from taunting. Stun shouldn't stop stealth either.

I swear you people have no clue how things on this game works. Instead of devs looking into "real" bugs let's make another bug post on something that is obviously wai smh.
  • Boreas
    508 posts Member
    stun
    stʌn/Submit
    verb
    knock unconscious or into a semi-conscious state.
    "the man was stunned by a blow to the head"
    synonyms: daze, stupefy, knock senseless, knock unconscious, knock out, lay out; informalknock for six
    "a glancing blow stunned Gary"
    astonish or shock (someone) so that they are temporarily unable to react.
    "the community was stunned by the tragedy"
    synonyms: astound, amaze, astonish, startle, take someone's breath away, dumbfound, stupefy, overwhelm, stagger, shock, confound, take aback, shake up.

I swear some people have no clue about using a dictionary or unable to see the animation of stun in the game, the character actually freezes. Unable to do anything. So he should be unable to do anything while stunned. The devs should also consider logic about things while developing. Which sometimes they do, like healing immunity preventing protection. This is nothing different. Stun has to be redesigned.
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    The0n3 wrote: »

Nah, i know nothing about mechanics, i'm just curious cause if we're talking about good sense, they couldn't gain stealth while stunned...

Your example is good, except in you knocked yourself out. In my case I'M the one bashing you on the head, so even if you went and fell behind the bush, i would still know where you are. See the point?

Getting buffs while stunned is ok if those buffs work AFTER the stun, but if i stun EP for example, and my next hit on him is a CRIT, he'll get stealth.... How's that making any sense to you?

you knocked me into a bush and blinked.
    you knocked me into a bush and swung so hard you can't tell where i landed.
    you knock me into a bush and then my ally assaults you, distracting you from me.
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    If the character applies damage before applying stun, they would stealth and then get stunned.
  • Real talk....

Stealth has been in this game for a long time now and the only reason people are complaining about it now is because of the rise of the zMaul meta.

Stun does not stop a toon from getting buffs nor should it. People saying stun needs to be redesigned don't know what they are talking about.

A stunned opponent should be allowed to receive buffs from other toons on that team. An example is healing a stunned toon. According to some people here a stunned toons shouldn't be allowed to become stealth, get TM, taunt or be healed.

This is not a bug and it is and always will work like this.
  • What about getting hit with an assist attack while stealthed? I've seen Dooku crit on the first hit, Maul gets stealthed and then Dooku hits him again while he is stealthed. Or a QGJ assist attack. I've seen the assist connect on a stealthed toon.

I don't mean to detract from the thread but it's kind of along the same lines.
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member

A stunned opponent should be allowed to receive buffs from other toons on that team. An example is healing a stunned toon. According to some people here a stunned toons shouldn't be allowed to become stealth, get TM, taunt or be healed.

This is not a bug and it is and always will work like this.

I agree they should still get buffs even while stunned, the point is, the buffs shouldn't work untill AFTER the stun... He can get the stealth status AFTER the stun, not while in it!

It's a logical thinking, not a real complaint. As i stated before, i was just curious on how is that wai, since it makes no sense to get buffs working while your stunned. I'm doing fine against zaul teams so this post is not about me not been able to beat them... It's about something that makes little to no sense, the stun / buffs system...

I'm pretty sure nothing will change and i'm not asking for that... But it's a curious thing that one can get stealth after getting stunned.... It's simple logic...

• The0n3
    984 posts Member
    The0n3 wrote: »

you knocked me into a bush and blinked.
    you knocked me into a bush and swung so hard you can't tell where i landed.
    you knock me into a bush and then my ally assaults you, distracting you from me.

Lol... If i blinked after knocking you out and missed the point where you landed, all i have to do is search a little. I can't possibly knock you out several miles away.... Unless you fell off a cliff that was hidden behind the bush... LOL

And since we're talking about in-game situations, i know exactly where the guy i just stunned is.... So again, it makes no sense... There's no good example for that lol....
  • What about characters gaining stealth after they are stunned? i.e stun Rex, and R2 gives him stealth, I feel like, just as in the case of foresight. you should be able to still hit the stunned Rex, until the stun ends.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    SolariJedi wrote: »
    What about characters gaining stealth after they are stunned? i.e stun Rex, and R2 gives him stealth, I feel like, just as in the case of foresight. you should be able to still hit the stunned Rex, until the stun ends.

You can hit him, he's not invulnerable. You can hit him with an AOE, or you can kill the character who isn't stealthed and then target any of the ones who are.

But... why are you bumping threads from months ago?
  • Closing this necro post
This discussion has been closed.