What's the most powerful debuff in the game?

BrtStlnd
1094 posts Member
edited March 2017

What's the most powerful debuff in the game? 116 votes

Shock
31%
TyloRenZombie961Stevesaint74Nyteshade81LaLiamJediGhost117JinSaotomeZachman523Snake2KunSuffian123OkonomiyakipartyStrikerpm89Mr_Sausagevazelos81Bubba_splorch85ArkhamsnarzenalpanpopsujDarknessie 36 votes
Ability Block
9%
TheReal_Mol_Eliza1War7AnimalMotherTriple3cccPlatzmanGaidal_CainSiskinGebuttersnapsdanflorian1984DontWorryIKnowBlixion 11 votes
Stun
43%
StarcronTroutFett18Aero49erFatherToastMinowara6The6Bull6james2266aJC_the_ForceObi_six_KenobiUltimateZeusvessaharjaHanYolo1313Cyrus_RenMagulamaCF_Jedi1234ProGhandeFlamethrowMitchell_13Tusken 50 votes
Daze
12%
JROPRMcmoleWildRileEnkiRoadburn12CanadianMolTooLDGizAleb93BrtStlndJasFonzHackNePlusUltra_kRhNecroscopicOdyseass7 15 votes
Offense down
0%
acidtechno_303 1 vote
Defense down
0%
AimingForGaming 1 vote
Expose
1%
HalleCadiputrapap 2 votes
Speed down
0%

Replies

• Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Shock
    How about buff immunity in there too?

I chose shock but there a few really good ones in there. I think ability block I would pick second.
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    Daze
    Forgot that one. Won't let me edit...
  • Stun
    It's between shock and stun. I mean if a character is stunned they are pretty much all around crippled for the most part. Shock will mess with the tm gain and healing. I think it depends on which character is debuffed. Shock is very effective on tanks and toons with tm gain (Biggs), but if Kylo (z) is shocked he will still gain prot.
  • Stun
    Stun is effective on every character.
  • Ability Block
    I personally love ability block, then probably stun
  • Ability block.

The only one that really makes you swear at your device as you proceed to tickle your opponent.
  • Zombie961
    1819 posts Member
    Shock
    Deathmark, 2 hit ko
  • Stun
    Well stun is the only choice really. A stunned player literally can't do anything.
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    Your asking for the most powerful; yet your literally forgetting the most powerful debuff in the pole.
    Death mark is technically the most dangerous player available debuff. 2 shot the tankiset characters.
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Ability Block
    All these Stun votes when they don't land nearly as often as Ability Block can. Most stuns have a somewhat low chance to trigger, granted there are exceptions such as EP's AoE stun. Ability Block on the other hand is much more common and generally has a high chance to trigger, if not 100%.

I'd definitely target an EP lead Empire team over any team with a fast Boba.
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Shock
    Shocking results!!!
    {RotE}
  • Ability Block
    I would place Daze as a close 2nd.

Shock does nothing against all these protection Zeta's but I'd say number 3 on that one.
  • Shock
    People also forget about Stagger. Understandable considering only 1 toon in the game can inflict it, but it's extremely powerful. I voted Shock based on experience. Every time I've landed a shock that toon might as well be dead
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Stun
    War wrote: »
    All these Stun votes when they don't land nearly as often as Ability Block can. Most stuns have a somewhat low chance to trigger, granted there are exceptions such as EP's AoE stun. Ability Block on the other hand is much more common and generally has a high chance to trigger, if not 100%.

The question was strictly what is the most powerful debuff. Stun is objectively superior to ability block, as you can't evade or use your basic.
  • Stun
    Aero wrote: »

The question was strictly what is the most powerful debuff. Stun is objectively superior to ability block, as you can't evade or use your basic.

This. Stun is the obvious winner.
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Ability Block

That's fair.
  • Gaidal_Cain
    1640 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Ability Block
    Ig88isboss wrote: »

Unless you stun someone like Biggs. If you crit him or stun him with RG, it is literally pointless.

However, AB from Boba Fett can last for two turns which is key.

Of course, you could just say to stun Wedge instead, making Biggs less of a threat...
  • Stun
    Ig88isboss wrote: »

Unless you stun someone like Biggs. If you crit him or stun him with RG, it is literally pointless.

However, AB from Boba Fett can last for two turns which is key.

Of course, you could just say to stun Wedge instead, making Biggs less of a threat...

Yes, you can find examples where other debuffs are preferred to Stun. Like against RG, Shock is much more effective. The ceteris paribus effect of Stun is the highest.
  • Defense down
    Defense Down is so OP. It really helps in every meta, because lets be honest, Defense is the most defined and upgraded statistic in the game of all time. I'm surprised no one else picked this one! You guys must all be trolls.
  • Ability Block
    Defense Down is so OP. It really helps in every meta, because lets be honest, Defense is the most defined and upgraded statistic in the game of all time. I'm surprised no one else picked this one! You guys must all be trolls.

lol, this is much better than your thread in general discussion. It actually made me laugh.
  • Stun
    Don't know how much stronger an ability can get. Stun essentially just skips the opponents turn.