At what * level are Rey & Dooku usable?

I am about to unlock both. Both are faster than Poe, but throwing a 3* and 4* into my lineup immediately feels like a recipe for ultimate distaster.

For those that use them, at what * level are Dooku and/or Rey usable? The squads around me are all 5*, 6* and 7*. My current is 2x 7* and 3x 6*.

Replies

• Is Rey faster than Poe? Even when I face 7* purple gear Rey, I've never seen her go before my Poe.
  • You can use Rey at 4 star for sure, make sure to have Poe to protect her. As far as Dooku, top 20 arena 5 star, if your aiming top 5 with dooku in your line up, atleast 6star max gear.
  • Rey and Poe are at the same speed. Rey is easily usable once you have her geared to around the same as the rest of your team, and she'll only get better once you * her up. I say, unless it'll disrupt your team synergy, then throw her in once she is geared up to where you are at. It does take forever to get her to gear 8, but she's very viable at 7 and earlier.
  • According to swgoh.com, Rey and Poe are actually the same exact speed when maxed out: 143. So I guess I misspoke there.

http://www.swgohcantina.com/character-max-stats/
  • You can use Rey at 4 star for sure, make sure to have Poe to protect her. As far as Dooku, top 20 arena 5 star, if your aiming top 5 with dooku in your line up, atleast 6star max gear.

Great, good to know.
  • Stars aside unless you gear up both don't bother using either.

Both seem usable at 5 star, but they are also both extremely squishy at that rank. The trick with chars like Rey and Dooku is to have more dangerous guys in your line up, characters the enemy must clear first, otherwise they die easily and do nothing.

I see 5 star Rey often and almost always she is my first target, in this capacity she does take focus of other glass cannons, but I have to say, I have never lost a fight against any team boasting Rey where the entire ream wasn't 70 7 star maxed which only happened once, the only time I have ever seen Rey at 7 stars in arena behind a Poe taunt, she was incredible with taunt support.
  • I haven't unlocked Rey so can't comment on her.

Dooku, I have at 4* and geared up but he still isn't ready for my Arena team. Even at 3* though, he is helpful against Jedi teams in GW. For example, I use him to keep a Luminara locked up so she doesn't force blast my hopes and dreams.
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    It depends on your server. In a fresh server it is easier to go with 4* toons. In an old server where everybody is maxed, you need more *
  • One star lower then the competition. So if your facing maxed 7* teams, a 6* Dooku or Rey would be perfectly viable.
  • I used a 4 star Rey for a long time and she is really good even then. Now that I have her at 5 stars she's a monster