Confused about Mods

So I finally unlocked the mods table, but I'm confused about what I'm supposed to do with it.

As I understand it, Completing mod challenges gives me data chips which improve characters' abilities. Beyond that I seem to have mostly applied them at random and I'm confused about how they go together. Why do some of them open circuits while others don't? If they don't connect do they still work?

This feature is obviously more complex than I anticipated. Any clarification is appreciated.

Replies

• Check out mods video on you tube, it's too complex to write it down for you
  • JynErso42
    197 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Can you provide a link?

Also, are mods essential to gameplay? I've done fine so far without them.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Mods are essential in end game. Didn't you know this game is actually called Star Wars Galaxy of Speed Secondary Mods?
  • What do you mean "endgame?" Is that a game mode I haven't unlocked yet or does the game have a definitive end?
  • JynErso42 wrote: »
    What do you mean "endgame?" Is that a game mode I haven't unlocked yet or does the game have a definitive end?

Endgame is essentially what to strive for after you've fully levelled your characters. Raids are the primary part of the "endgame"

There are several good mod guides available in this subforum. Just scroll down the list of threads a bit for loads of explanation and advice.

The short of it:

There are 6 mod slots, each of which takes a different type (shape) mod. Each mod can currently range between 1 and 5 stars, and can be of varying quality.

Each character can be best helped by tailoring your mods to their abilities... so for example since Luminaria heals a % of her health, stacking her with mods with + health is very beneficial.

Unless you are farming a specific character right now in the Cantina, I recommend you push through the mod table as much as possible with your Cantina energy. Mods will help in all facets, and as you learn more and get better mods, you'll see big changes in your ability to manage Galactic War, arenas, and advancing through the other tables.

Good luck.
    B_O_S_S_K in SW:G | G O R N in ST:T
  • @B_O_S_S_K

Okay. I think it's sort of starting to make sense now. I'll need to look at those guides.

I was farming for Rey, but I've officially unlocked her so I don't need to worry about that anymore.

So I guess for now I don't need to get too caught up in the technical stuff. I just need to focus on collecting mods and installing them whenever possible.

You mentioned that it was important to find mods that suited the abilities of the characters. For reference, here are my current top-ranked characters.So, for instance, in the case of Aayla I'd want mods that improved her melee skills?

One more question. I noticed that sometimes when I install mods a circuit lights up and seems to connect them. I assume that's a good thing when a circuit appears, but I'm not sure exactly what the significance of that is or if there's a pattern to what mods will go together and which ones don't. Is this something I should be worrying about or should I just focus on getting the mods installed for now?

• JynErso42 wrote: »
    One more question. I noticed that sometimes when I install mods a circuit lights up and seems to connect them. I assume that's a good thing when a circuit appears, but I'm not sure exactly what the significance of that is or if there's a pattern to what mods will go together and which ones don't. Is this something I should be worrying about or should I just focus on getting the mods installed for now?

So, in addition to what I referenced above, mods are of different types: Health, Defense, Critical Damage, critical Chance, Tenacity, Offense, Potency, and Speed. Using 2 (or in some cases 4) of the same kind of mod can offer additional bonuses - those are the circuits you are seeing. For example. 2 health mods used together will add 2.5% bonus health to your character. If both are fully levelled to 15, then that bonus doubles (5%).

Each mod also has 1 primary stat boost (which is unaffected by the bonus described above) and 1-4 "secondary" stats. All level 15 mods will have 4 secondary stats. The primary stat boost is primarily determined by mod slot. Some slots only have 1 primary possibility, others have more.

As you get farther along, speed may be the most important boost you want in a mod. The only slot that has Speed primary is the arrow. Beyond that you would be looking for speed secondaries, especially if you get a level 1 mod that already has a speed secondary.

==========

As for Aayla - I don;t have her so I am not too familiar with her abilities, but the guide on here (https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/64603/how-to-mod-any-every-character/p1) that I like to use suggests crit chance and speed, since one of her abilities triggers off of a critical hit.

That's the sort of synergy you will want to try for. If you have a character that doesn't cast debuffs on your opponents, then Potency may not be the best stat for a mod for that character, for example.
    B_O_S_S_K in SW:G | G O R N in ST:T

• Okay, I think this is starting to (sort of) make more sense. Obviously this is going to take some practice but I've installed a few mods and I guess I'll have to see how they work out.
  • DarthPhelps
    209 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Check the videos inside this thread - you may find them useful.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/68751/great-mod-guide#latest

(edit: which Skeetabyte42 helpfully posted below, lol)
    Post edited by DarthPhelps on
    Drop It Like It's xHOTHx
    In Game Name: E Chu Ta