Boba Fett's ship

With boba's ship, the basic attack is supposed to "deal physical damage to target enemy with a 55% chance each to damage them a second and third time." When I first unlocked his ship that is exactly what it did. However, it's been over 2 weeks since I've seen him attack more than once in a turn. I play at least 2 ship battles per day and never sim them, so it's unlikely I just missed a few instances of it occurring. This seems too bad to be RNG. Has anyone else experienced this problem or are EA and CG conspiring against me like they do with the drop rates? ;)

Replies

• I've read that his basic functions like Rey's flurry of blows.

The animation is one attack but it's supposed to be able to hit up to 2-3 times.
  • I've read that his basic functions like Rey's flurry of blows.

The animation is one attack but it's supposed to be able to hit up to 2-3 times.
    When I first unlocked him he would attack multiple times.

• Khorvog_Karbossa
    1000 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    I have seen him attack once but 3 numbers appear
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I've read that his basic functions like Rey's flurry of blows.

This is correct, it's 1 animation. I don't believe it has ever been multiple attacks. Just multiple damage values popping up in his 1 attack.
  • That's strange. I seem to distinctly remember him attacking multiple times when I first unlocked him about 2 months ago, with multiple animations. Perhaps I'm mistaken, or just some sort of mental deficient.
  • That's strange. I seem to distinctly remember him attacking multiple times when I first unlocked him about 2 months ago, with multiple animations. Perhaps I'm mistaken, or just some sort of mental deficient.

Probably the latter. Sorry to tell you but these guys are right, it's one animation and 1-3 damage numbers
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    That's strange. I seem to distinctly remember him attacking multiple times when I first unlocked him about 2 months ago, with multiple animations. Perhaps I'm mistaken, or just some sort of mental deficient.

It could easily be a false memory--that happens way more often than people realize. I'll have to look at tge animation, but some animations have a multi-beam kind of attack on a single hit. If this is the case with Slave I, maybe you are missing it now because of the 4x speed.

But yeah, I just unlockef mine, and multiple numbers show up.
  • I think the changed the animation in one of the updates. He used to hit multiple times but does not any longer, although you may see additional damage
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    DarthRidge wrote: »
    I think the changed the animation in one of the updates. He used to hit multiple times but does not any longer, although you may see additional damage

Yeah I think they did change near the very beginning of ships because ships were already slow and a triple attack was excessively slow.
  • I approve of this -- and REALLY wish they'd make Duku the same way..... while Duku pong is mildly entertaining once a month - on average I would rather he just counter once - and the game figures out the math as if Flurry of blows.....
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    I approve of this -- and REALLY wish they'd make Duku the same way..... while Duku pong is mildly entertaining once a month - on average I would rather he just counter once - and the game figures out the math as if Flurry of blows.....

Well, now that 4x has rendered time-out teams even more impossible to achieve, maybe this is a good idea.
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    I approve of this -- and REALLY wish they'd make Duku the same way..... while Duku pong is mildly entertaining once a month - on average I would rather he just counter once - and the game figures out the math as if Flurry of blows.....

Dooku is a bonus attack though, Slave I and Rey's flurry of blows are all 1 attack that can deal damage a few extra times. Leia is the same as Dooku. Dooku and Leia can trigger (and are supposed to) multiple counter attacks. The Slave I and Rey aren't supposed to trigger multiple counter attacks (Slave I is bugged and does, but it shouldn't)
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    even though the ship only uses the attack animation once it can still be counter attacked for each hit dealt, so it isn't entirely like rey's flurry of blows
    (unless that bug got fixed, last time checked it wasn't though)
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    Allenb60 wrote: »
    even though the ship only uses the attack animation once it can still be counter attacked for each hit dealt, so it isn't entirely like rey's flurry of blows
    (unless that bug got fixed, last time checked it wasn't though)

Its not fixed, but its a "known bug" thats being "worked on." But its not supposed to do that.
  • Vertigo wrote: »

Dooku is a bonus attack though, Slave I and Rey's flurry of blows are all 1 attack that can deal damage a few extra times. Leia is the same as Dooku. Dooku and Leia can trigger (and are supposed to) multiple counter attacks. The Slave I and Rey aren't supposed to trigger multiple counter attacks (Slave I is bugged and does, but it shouldn't)

I don't disagree -- and I understand Dukes and 5's - for example - drop a debuff. Leia drops a universal buff. They've coded it to work that way. I guess with x4 speed none of it matters anymore, tbh.

I guess it's just because dukes attacks so often and he makes a big friggin' flourish and hoo-rah over it just sticks out like the long bearded anomaly that it is. All I see is that troll face when he attacks 4 times in a row.

I do like he does shock now....
    23716077.jpg
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • ezra bridger often has a secon attack, along with boba and jango. just a thought.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    ezra bridger often has a secon attack, along with boba and jango. just a thought.
    If only you were around here 2 years ago to help OP out when he asked the question