The Perfect Guide for the Perfect Start

Replies

• Carto wrote: »
    @JediBen777 Try to obtain some 4 stars character, and if you really want a good start try to reroll until you obtain: Baze, Chirrut, Shoretropper, Wedge, Rex, Lando, B2, Kylo, Maul, HK47, Sidious.

This.

Rex is potentially decent on a clone/jedi team with Anakin or Gen Kenobi lead. Then you can being in best jedis and clones. Even Plo Koon looks ok in that scenario.
  • So I'm almost ready. When I join a shard, are all players going to that shard? How do they sort out the time zone awards? Is it just where you as an individual player sit on your shard when the clock strikes a certain hour? Or are the shards formed per time zone too?

Hopefully that inquiry makes sense.
  • So I'm almost ready. When I join a shard, are all players going to that shard? How do they sort out the time zone awards? Is it just where you as an individual player sit on your shard when the clock strikes a certain hour? Or are the shards formed per time zone too?

Hopefully that inquiry makes sense.

You are going to be placed in a shard with 20,000 other players. Your rank will be 1, 20,000, or anywhere in between when you hit level 28, it all depends on timing. A new shard is created when it is filled. Everyone's payout is 6:00 PM local time, which means players that live in a different timezone will have different payouts. You can manually choose a timezone to accommodate your schedule or to choose a less competitive payout. This has to be done before account creation by changing your device's timezone. The only way to check shard position is by creating a throwaway account and getting it all the way to level 28.
  • MistSaint wrote: »
    You are going to be placed in a shard with 20,000 other players. Your rank will be 1, 20,000, or anywhere in between when you hit level 28, it all depends on timing. A new shard is created when it is filled. Everyone's payout is 6:00 PM local time, which means players that live in a different timezone will have different payouts. You can manually choose a timezone to accommodate your schedule or to choose a less competitive payout. This has to be done before account creation by changing your device's timezone. The only way to check shard position is by creating a throwaway account and getting it all the way to level 28.

Wow, very informative! Thank you so much. Wish I would have known about the device timezone thing. Too late now.

• Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    It's like the 4th post on this thread(by me)
    Set your time zone at time of Account creation.
  • Lalala
    13 posts Member
    Someone on reddit claims : the arena shard& rank is still set on lvl 8 and only at 28 you unlock it, can anyone confirm or contradict? cancels the whole point of eneregy hoarding...
  • I got to 28 on a throw-away about 1.5 hours ago. The starting rank was 16125. I have a few more throw-aways in the making. Actually, can we just post here as we pop 28....what was your rank as you pop?
  • I'm not ready to start yet so I'm holding off on getting my throwaways to 28.
  • Carto
    59 posts Member
    I got to 28 on a throw-away about 1.5 hours ago. The starting rank was 16125. I have a few more throw-aways in the making. Actually, can we just post here as we pop 28....what was your rank as you pop?

NICE idea
  • DoubledownX
    12 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Lalala wrote: »
    Someone on reddit claims : the arena shard& rank is still set on lvl 8 and only at 28 you unlock it, can anyone confirm or contradict? cancels the whole point of eneregy hoarding...

So after looking at my throwaway more, the top arena players are levels 42 through 47. I'm starting to think this comment could be correct. Man, would I be f'ed.

Unless someone can get a high arena rank on an older throwaway, Lalala's comment could be correct.
    Post edited by DoubledownX on
  • MistSaint
    53 posts Member
    edited March 2017

So after looking at my throwaway more, the top arena players are levels 42 through 47. I'm starting to think this comment could be correct. Man, would I be f'ed.

Unless someone can get a high arena rank on an older throwaway, Lalala's comment could be correct.

@DoubledownX It just means that shard is old, probably almost two weeks old, and is taking it's sweet time to fill up with new players. Now that the level requirement is way higher, it makes sense that it is now taking longer for new players to join arena.
    Post edited by MistSaint on

@DoubledownX It just means that shard is old, probably almost two weeks old, and is taking it's sweet time to fill up with new payers. Now that the level requirement is way higher, it makes sense that it is now taking longer for new players to join arena.

That's great then. How are you so confident by the way? Have you tested it?

The only way I imagine being able to test this is to start a brand new account, like within the last 3 days and get it to 27. Then get one of the old throwaways and get that to 27. Then push both of them to 28 within a few minutes of each other and you'll know the answer for sure.
  • @DoubledownX I have throwaways created last month, I'll level one right now and tell you the rank. It makes no sense for the devs to make this alteration and not tells us about it. All they did was change the level requirement.
  • DoubledownX
    12 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    MistSaint wrote: »
    @DoubledownX I have throwaways created last month, I'll level one right now and tell you the rank. It makes no sense for the devs to make this alteration and not tells us about it. All they did was change the level requirement.

They changed the level requirement to participate in arenas, but maybe they kept the logic of when the shards are actually formed. So if you level a really old throwaway, it would have a very high rank under that logic. But if the shard forms at 28, then it will also have a really high rank because I just got an old throwaway to level 28 this morning and got rank 16175.

The only real way to test this would be to level a brand new account from scratch preferably starting today. I tried to do that but am having troubles saving my current guest account cause of google phone number limits.

If anyone can level a starter account from scratch to level 28, that would be a good test. If that account is a much better rank than an old throwaway that hits 28 around the same time, then the logic of when shards form is likely at level 8.
  • @DoubledownX As I suspected, rank is 16859. Rank one player is level 52 with an EP lead with a Korean name, does that line up?
    @DoubledownX As I suspected, rank is 16859. Rank one player is level 52 with an EP lead with a Korean name, does that line up?

That was fast. You like lightning!

Yes, the #1 player is the same. Looks like you're right.

So how long are you gonna horde? When did you start?
  • @DoubledownX I started March 1st and will continue until I get all the PS toons, anyone who starts playing after March will not have the opportunity to get them anymore. Unless whales, of course. Then I'll see what April has in store. Maybe I'll hoard for a couple more months. If you saw earlier posts on here, @Huatimus has been hoarding for almost three months now I believe.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    I'm at 12k energy now. Waiting to collect whole Phoenix Squadron first before deciding if I even have time to start another account.
  • @Huatimus Do you have an original account that you still play on? My original is lvl 74, I decided to start over though because I invested in way too many toons coupled with inexperience with the game. I still use it to collect gear and donate it to the hoarding account. I also use it for ally lending.
  • Huatimus wrote: »

And you want to start over?? So confused.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    I'm not starting over. It's just a pet project now to see how much energy can be hoarded. Like I said, may not even have time to play this alt.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    @MistSaint that gear donation idea is excellent but I can't imagine a level 27 being able to request a lot of gear and it's slow going at 1 piece a day.
  • MistSaint
    53 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    @Huatimus I should also mention that I'm in a guild! So it's actually 10 pieces per day. Imagine how slow it would be with only one donation per day! >.< So aside from donations, I also get guild currency, which allows me to get full gear sets!
  • DoubledownX
    12 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    MistSaint wrote: »
    @Huatimus I should also mention that I'm in a guild! So it's actually 10 pieces per day. Imagine how slow it would be with only one donation per day! >.< So aside from donations, I also get guild currency, which allows me to get full gear sets!

What do you mean full gear sets? I never really played that far on my first account - level 49. I already knew I was at a severe disadvantage on that account as I tried to climb the arena ladder.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Some gears require 20 piece of salvage to make. They are also sold in the guild shop so that would save you a lot of energy. Especially those mk3 holo projectors.
  • Oh, ok. I was figuring that out at the end of the other account.
  • @DoubledownX When I say full gear sets, I mean pieces of gear that require other lesser tier or same tier pieces to make.
  • Is a clone team currently a strong choice? I've already got Rex and the clone sergeant....Also people say that Admiral Akbar is a good one to have, but since I already have Rex that can dispel debuffs, do I still need Akbar?
    swgoh profile teamrex https://swgoh.gg/p/161639499/
  • by the way I started out a couple of days ago in rank 14500 or something in the arena list. Not that great either....hopefully I can still one day reach xp level 80.
    swgoh profile teamrex https://swgoh.gg/p/161639499/