Nerfed characters

Should we not get compensated with crystals for each character being nerfed. All that hard work into certain characters only to be nerfed sometime later. What a waste of time and pure frustration. Let your mistakes just be GOH! Anyone else feel this way?

Replies

• There was compensation for those that bought the Bariss pack.

Ventress and Phasma just brought it im line with how the ability descriprion was written so you could logically expect it anyway.

Everyone expected Poe to be nerfed more.

Can't remember the rest.

I would say this time around no
    Roger roger
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    I think every person with common sense will know that every char might be nerfed/buffed, before they spend real money for them.
    If you have a good sense of balance you'll know which chars are leaning towards the nerf bat.

Also, Star Wars existed for so many years and has so many awesome characters. I doubt that everyone's favorite character from Star Wars universe is the new generic pilot Poe Dameron and that everyone wants to have him so badly on every team. It's quite obvious he is broken and everyone wants to abuse him.
  • But why take away Ventress Party heal, just seems so brutal.
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    But why take away Ventress Party heal, just seems so brutal.

Agree...
    They could have changed the tooltip instead.
  • CPMP wrote: »

Agree...
    They could have changed the tooltip instead.

Haha yeah exactly
  • So if you expect crystals whenever a character gets nerfed, can you lose crystals when they get buffed?
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    As much as I am unhappy with that change myself (since I've been a fan of Ventress since back when everyone thought she was useless) nobody can possibly claim they were duped or misled on this. The ability tooltip has always clearly said it heals only her. The team heal was a bonus and while I would have liked them to keep it (because she is so weak in so many important areas) this was very obviously a bug fix.
    Even when it comes to characters like Poe, FOTP and so forth... when a character is completely dominating gameplay and outclassing its peers, it should be obvious that they may get nerfed. If someone is worried about a character getting nerfed, avoid investing in nerf-magnets. :)
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member

The description if the ability that everybody read before purchssing her said it was self heal only. I don't think anybody can claim they got cheated by CG here
  • Chekmatex4
    11 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I rather have a fun, balanced game instead of seeing the same cookie cutter teams over and over. Yes I invested in Poe because I view him as mandatory to be competitive arena but I want him to be nerfed so we see more diversity. I don't expect compensation for the nerf because I benefitted from his kit.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Should we not get compensated with crystals for each character being nerfed. All that hard work into certain characters only to be nerfed sometime later. What a waste of time and pure frustration. Let your mistakes just be GOH! Anyone else feel this way?

The short answer is NO.

The resoning is that we play games like this with the understanding that they will surely need to constantly balance toons as new ones are introduced, etc. its the nature of the beast.

What they did to bariss was different in that ppl bought her for what she was and NOT what they neutered her into. Farming free and purchasing are seperate. We build at our own risk but purchases carry certain expectations in that we bought a top notch healer and once ppl were done buying they neutered her to satisfy the whiners who didnt spend the money fir her. They compensated (no where comes close to making up for it but the gesture was nice) because they knew it was wrong and have since even changed the way they will "nerf" characters.

In short, you building a toon and gearing it foes not warrant compensation of any sort if they balance the toon making it not viable in your team. Thats how the gane works
  • ccfoo
    154 posts Member
    Resistance trooper was free but he was in my f2p main team and lasted me to level 50+. Too bad his tool tip got corrected and he is useless now. It was a blow to me cause I spend lots of resources levelling and gearing him up back then, and he was not OP at all considering he is hard to farm and he is a glass cannon. But they have to make him useless.

Come to think back to it, we should always try to diversify our bench, therefore nerfs won't hurt us too badly in future.

• Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    What nerf did R.Trooper got, @ccfoo ?
  • Agreed that we can't claim the Ventress change is unfair. That being said, these changes are meant to balance the game and the Ventress change makes her a worthless useless character.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Corndog131 wrote: »
    Agreed that we can't claim the Ventress change is unfair. That being said, these changes are meant to balance the game and the Ventress change makes her a worthless useless character.

Exactly, balancing should not mean obsoliting further an already barely used toon and making an "adjustment" to one considered OP that will make no diffenece to his performance lol

Devs hopefully wake up soon. I applaude the effort i really do but they are viewing this so far off base its laughable. I feel for them i really do :(
  • I really don't think anyone is actually getting nerfed. Moving the characters in line to their descriptions aren't nerfs. It is simply fixing a bug of those characters.

Building characters who aren't working in line with their descriptions are a risk as they will more than likely be "fixed" at some point. Not nerfed, fixed. You accept those risks if you decide to build the FOTM broken characters. I wish people would quit crying about someone fixing the obviously broken mechanics of their favorite cheap characters.

As far as Poe's nerf, it is so unsubstantial I wouldn't even call it a nerf. The expose was nothing compared to the turn meter reduction and the speed of his taunt. He's still perfectly viable in my mind.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Ventress will lifesteal next patch. I'd wait before claiming she is nerfed