I win galactic War every day. Here's how.

Prev1
Khorvog_Karbossa
1000 posts Member
edited February 2016
My team is:
Luminara as the leader
FO tie fighter
Old Daka
Sidious
Kylo Ren

Bench:
Captain phasma (leader only)
That's it, you won't need anyone else

So strategy. Basically just using this team, you can crush everything up to last battle or 2, where I occasionally will lose daka or luminara. Then I sub in phasma

Every battle, your kill order should be lowest health to highest. with these exceptions
Luminara's heal can devastate you, but with a stun from daka you can hold her off. If the stun fails, take her first
Bariss may be bad, but if you have heal block on, you should not worry about her. I always leave bariss for last
If anyone has evasion up, ignore them. Even luminara, use daka stun on someone else and hope the stun transfers
Dooku, don't bother him unless he's stunned. But, with a strong enough tie fighter you can almost always 1 shot him.
sidious enemy is tricky, try to avoid aoe because he'll just heal up. or try to heal block him and let the aoe/tie fighter do work. If you are at risk of needing a heal, he needs to die to prevent a heal block on you
Any characters that self revive ignore, they don't deal enough damage to be a threat

So if tie fighter dies, retreat and try again. He is your big damage dealer, and every turn he goes, you will kill one of the enemy
Sid and kylo work very well together, locking down a heal block on others, and have really powerful aoe that when combined can drop the entire enemy team to 50%
Save luminara heal only for last resort
Whenever 2+ is 60%, use daka heal
If someone dies, and there's a possibility to daka heal, do that even if it's a few turns away, but if that fails, retreat

At the end, let one of your healers die, you're damage with phasma added will be crazy, and you will crush the final 2 teams

Replies

• Khorvog_Karbossa
    1000 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I have paid money, but to build this team there's no money needed, everyone is very farmable
    (my money never actually went to any of them, and my FO pilot is still 4 star only from farming shards)
  • I believe this team is amazing in GW, but the most player doesn't have FOTP at high star. Do you think that Geo can replace FOTP ?
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Every day someone starts a thread like this. They usually mean well, but the hidden message is "hey, what's all the fuss, this isn't so hard." Usually GW seems easy to them because they are either lower level or are getting easy enemy draws.
    I don't know if that's the case for you or not. I do know that many people have had a similar "this ain't so bad" attitude until one day they run into this:
    jz7vU1O.png
    Here's what will happen when you run into this team:
    - Poe will taunt, exposing probably 2 or 3 of your guys.
    - Rey will one-shot your one of your guys unless you are lucky and she attacks Kylo, in which case he will "only" be reduced to near nothing.
    - FOTP, Jinn and GS will kill 1 or 2 more of your guys.
    Now it will be your turn. You have a couple of AoEs but not enough to kill anyone. You can't target anybody but Poe. Maybe your Lumi lives long enough to get a heal off, but maybe not. Even if she does, you just die one round later.
    Bottom line: everyone has a different GW experience, some fights are harder than others, and there are no easy solutions. There aren't meant to be.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    Every day someone starts a thread like this. They usually mean well, but the hidden message is "hey, what's all the fuss, this isn't so hard." Usually GW seems easy to them because they are either lower level or are getting easy enemy draws.
    I don't know if that's the case for you or not. I do know that many people have had a similar "this ain't so bad" attitude until one day they run into this:
    jz7vU1O.png
    - Rey will one-shot your one of your guys unless you are lucky and she attacks Kylo, in which case he will "only" be reduced to near nothing.
    Now it will be your turn. You have a couple of AoEs but not enough to kill anyone. You can't target anybody but Poe. Maybe your Lumi lives long enough to get a heal off, but maybe not. Even if she does, you just die one round later.
    Bottom line: everyone has a different GW experience, some fights are harder than others, and there are no easy solutions. There aren't meant to be.

+1
  • Khorvog_Karbossa
    1000 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Well to the first, imo even a 2* tie pilot rips things apart, only it has health problems until 4*. A geonosian will be great, I don't have mine leveled but even a blue ten levels lower using his special helped me out before I built this team. So sub him but start working on that tie fighter

Qeltar, that is true, but people who have that problem should continue to report to EA because they stated GW should be challenging, not impossible
    I fight challenging teams, including ones about similar to that, imo the most important thing is to continually try to kill poe first, even if he doesn't have taunt up. If you put in phasma and get a lucky shot from FO on a leader bonus, then use FO before he taunts on a reg turn, you might win
    Or, use retreat to your advantage. Keep retreating until expose screws up and only gets 1 ally. I've retreated many times until his expose screws up
  • Also @Qeltar, have you tried tossing a junk team at that to absorb all the specials, and let poe waste his taunt?
  • I was going to post today's fight, where daka died last stretch, but as randomness is a factor, the final battle was a lvl 65 joke (player lvl 69)
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Also @Qeltar, have you tried tossing a junk team at that to absorb all the specials, and let poe waste his taunt?

Sure, I do that. But then you aren't breezing through with just 6 guys, right? :) You can't put level 1s in, the AI is smart enough not to waste specials usually unless you put in at least one real threat.
    And there are people facing 3 of these in a row. Then what?
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
    jz7vU1O.png

Got to agree you are not walking that team through my run of typically 6+ Poe DPS teams all max level star and gear mate, sorry. You lack fast damage. Your cannon is slow and will be obliterated by one of those 3 1 hitters Poe or no Poe because 2 of them are Turn 7 and faster than you. If your FOTP is sparred he will die after Poes taunt.

Your team may get lucky with RNG and squeeze by this team, but it will not be intact, sorry man, but it is just realty. The team Qeltar showed I hit everyday and is one of the best builds there is. Your team, albiet it a nice build, would be slaughtered by it and they'd say thank you may I have some more.

Now take that team and go to the next fight
    QGJ Lead
    Poe
    Leia
    Rey
    FOTP

Then to your next team that is easier now to give you a break after the previous two.
    Sid Lead
    Poe
    FOTP
    GS
    QGJ

Your team does not walk through that my friend, sorry.

Like Qeltar said you mean well, but reality is anyone who walks through GW with one team is not hitting a string of Poe/DPS teams back to back to Poe not as bad, back to Poe/DPS which is becoming more and more regular.

Yesterday I had and "easy" I faced in my first 5 fights 3 Poe teams, only 1 was Poe/DPS, then I only hit 3 more Poe teams, all Poe DPS but scattered over the last 7 fights. That was an "easy" day of GW for me. I could not 1 team it and I'm consonantly top 5 in my bracket on and old bracket with whales.

Gotta agree with Qeltar 100% here.
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Qeltar wrote: »
    jz7vU1O.png

I have no problem facing 1 of those teams per day, its when you get 3 in a row...
  • Well to the first, imo even a 2* tie pilot rips things apart, only it has health problems until 4*. A geonosian will be great, I don't have mine leveled but even a blue ten levels lower using his special helped me out before I built this team. So sub him but start working on that tie fighter

Qeltar, that is true, but people who have that problem should continue to report to EA because they stated GW should be challenging, not impossible
    I fight challenging teams, including ones about similar to that, imo the most important thing is to continually try to kill poe first, even if he doesn't have taunt up. If you put in phasma and get a lucky shot from FO on a leader bonus, then use FO before he taunts on a reg turn, you might win
    Or, use retreat to your advantage. Keep retreating until expose screws up and only gets 1 ally. I've retreated many times until his expose screws up

GS is so helpful at 7* gear 9 in the fight. Gives you a chance to survive every fight with his cannon shot and his speed and fast cooldown. GW renders Poe not real useful for you. I typically save him until I'm stuck on cooldowns late in the run and use him as a sacrifice to pound a tough team and get my cooldowns reset.

Lumi has a big heal, however most hitters can negate that heal 1 shot later. I know I use a maxed out Lumi myself.

Fodder, retreat is how you go. I have 5 teams that can throw down quite well. There are days I use all my fodder and most of them.

Sid
    Leia
    Rey
    Poe
    GS

I met that wonderful little team from the fiery pits of I will jack you up not 1, not 2, but 3 times, not separate, but in a row battle 8,9,10 after multiple maxed out matches already.

Draw Poes taunt with Fodder. Here is your issue still. They are all turn 7 speed. 3 of them can 1 hit you. This team required a fodder, and not a softener, but a team that could throw down some DPS and kill at least 2 of the cannons. Then the main team, which by then Poes taunt is back. Sure you could fodder again, but t fight 8 do you want to waste 3 teams? No, and I have a very deep bench.

See Poes taunt is one problem you face in this team, high speed is another, high DPS is a 3rd.

This was nearly the first GW not completed in over 40 strait earlier this week.

If you draw out the taunt, the AOE, the stealth you can manage it. Still though if even 2 of those cannons go before you act, best case you are down only 1 toon. I know since I had to let Lumi fall here on fight 10. Her, Sid or Geo were not walking out alive no matter how many times I tried it, one would fall. geo is more valable than any of them, Sid over Lumi as I have more healers, but not another Heal Immune turn 7 with a decent AOE.

One part of GW strategy these days is to choose who you can press on without at times. Could I have saved Lumi by swaping teams around, yes, but I'd have broken up Synergy of 2 other good teams, lost more than 1 of them to save her, with 2 unknown opponents left.

I chose wisely as fight 11 was
    QGJ lead
    Secura
    Old Ben
    Poe
    Rey

The final fight was the ever deadly Droid team
    Poggle lead
    Poe
    GS

Lumi would have been nice, but had I not had those other 2 teams intact i'd have failed. Ironically one was a not maxed, but decent droid team,lol.

Your strategy is good, just sometimes the buzzsaw chews up the best strategy.

No I'm not one of the nerf Poe folks either. Just a realist who faces nightmares in GW daily, but love the feeling of completing it after such a bloodbath.
  • I have a feeling Qeltar and you others with him, are in an earlier segment from other people
    Honestly I don't know how some of us act like wrecking balls on noob teams in GW, while others are smacking a pencil against a steel wall

Personally, I started the AM after launch, only missing that first night
    I immediately spent 50 bucks the first month, and haven't dropped a dime since
    I'm top 200 in arena, but I don't try (I do 3 autopilot fights just trying to grab allies for story mode table)
    I'm lvl 69, and currently building a light side team
    Since the update changing retreat, I won every guild war with flying colors
    So EA needs to balance out, reducing the hard battles for you, increasing them for me (only fair, I'm not about me me me, I'm about us us us)
  • You get weaker team because of your low rank in arena.

Not 70 yet means you do not earn enough crystal to refill cantina and mission x2 per day.

Have fun beat gw but you're going to fall behind.

If you don't care about rank why bother to complete gw daily. You'll max your toon eventually as casual.

• Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    If you really want an emergncy squad for GW and reroll matches till you can keep all your heroes you want to try

Phasma
    Daka
    Dooku/GS
    Asajj
    Lumi/Sid

This squad has enough tools to disect the toughest squads in GW with the right RNG, and doesn't need to be max ☆ to do it, however many retreats may be needed to keep them all alive. Won't be as good when Asajj gets nerfed though.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    U will win GW every day until that faithful day when u get matched with significantly better geared/higher stars/dps teams who one shots 2/3 of ur characters before u do anything. Then u will know what's difficult.
    jz7vU1O.png

For this situation, you need a throwaway team. I keep a couple of level 40ish tanks with about 4-7k hp if possible, and any of my level 1-20 instadie chars. Ideally Poe burns taunt, and you can get some other chars to burn a cooldown also.

Once that happens, put your A team back in and while it might be tough you at least have an easier time than before.
    jz7vU1O.png

For this situation, you need a throwaway team. I keep a couple of level 40ish tanks with about 4-7k hp if possible, and any of my level 1-20 instadie chars. Ideally Poe burns taunt, and you can get some other chars to burn a cooldown also.

Once that happens, put your A team back in and while it might be tough you at least have an easier time than before.

I've completed every GW this month with this lineup:
    HK47, IG88, IG86, JC (super low cd heal) and 5th person doesn't matter. Sometimes I put in my lower level Daka or Barris just to get in an extra heal, or I sub in Poe for the really tough teams.
  • I can feel your pain @Qeltar .. Doktor Shin is #1 on my server, i`m AgentK btw, if someone from this server is also here .. I won 2-3 times against him but i was extremely lucky. I use Lumi, JC, Daka, Dooku, Sid .. and prey to survive the first round to be able to heal ..
  • My Lineup is - Barriss / Lumi / JC / QGJ / FOTP
    I clear it every Day with this team
  • returnoftheewok
    469 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Qeltar wrote: »
    jz7vU1O.png

I face 3+ teams like these back to back at least 2 times a week, and I've never had a trouble clearing GW. There are easy tactics to get around Poe in GW. The way to beat these teams is not AOE.

Btw, how do you like the update :smile: sorry but it just made me extremely happy to see Poe not getting majorly nerfed. Mostly because I know how much it got to you :D.
  • Is the GW difficulty determined by your arena rank?

If so then I will happily slip back to rank 900 and win full GW rewards because my squad can't break into the 200s yet and won't for a while until I level-up
  • Well to the first, imo even a 2* tie pilot rips things apart, only it has health problems until 4*. A geonosian will be great, I don't have mine leveled but even a blue ten levels lower using his special helped me out before I built this team. So sub him but start working on that tie fighter

GS is so helpful at 7* gear 9 in the fight. Gives you a chance to survive every fight with his cannon shot and his speed and fast cooldown. GW renders Poe not real useful for you. I typically save him until I'm stuck on cooldowns late in the run and use him as a sacrifice to pound a tough team and get my cooldowns reset.

Lumi has a big heal, however most hitters can negate that heal 1 shot later. I know I use a maxed out Lumi myself.

Fodder, retreat is how you go. I have 5 teams that can throw down quite well. There are days I use all my fodder and most of them.

Sid
    Leia
    Rey
    Poe
    GS

I met that wonderful little team from the fiery pits of I will jack you up not 1, not 2, but 3 times, not separate, but in a row battle 8,9,10 after multiple maxed out matches already.

Draw Poes taunt with Fodder. Here is your issue still. They are all turn 7 speed. 3 of them can 1 hit you. This team required a fodder, and not a softener, but a team that could throw down some DPS and kill at least 2 of the cannons. Then the main team, which by then Poes taunt is back. Sure you could fodder again, but t fight 8 do you want to waste 3 teams? No, and I have a very deep bench.

See Poes taunt is one problem you face in this team, high speed is another, high DPS is a 3rd.

If you draw out the taunt, the AOE, the stealth you can manage it. Still though if even 2 of those cannons go before you act, best case you are down only 1 toon. I know since I had to let Lumi fall here on fight 10. Her, Sid or Geo were not walking out alive no matter how many times I tried it, one would fall. geo is more valable than any of them, Sid over Lumi as I have more healers, but not another Heal Immune turn 7 with a decent AOE.

One part of GW strategy these days is to choose who you can press on without at times. Could I have saved Lumi by swaping teams around, yes, but I'd have broken up Synergy of 2 other good teams, lost more than 1 of them to save her, with 2 unknown opponents left.

QGJ lead
    Secura
    Old Ben
    Poe
    Rey

Poggle lead
    Poe
    GS

Lumi would have been nice, but had I not had those other 2 teams intact i'd have failed. Ironically one was a not maxed, but decent droid team,lol.

No I'm not one of the nerf Poe folks either. Just a realist who faces nightmares in GW daily, but love the feeling of completing it after such a bloodbath.

Thank god you're not a nerf poe whiner :D I think they're having a nervous breakdown after the new update not nerfing poe much.

The best way to deal with that team @Qeltar posted is quite easy. PM me if you want to know it, I mean I'm sure you already know it, it's something that's really obvious and should be common sense.

Sid
    Leia
    Rey
    Poe
    GS

QGJ lead
    Secura
    Old Ben
    Poe
    Rey

Poggle lead
    Poe
    GS

Thank god you're not a nerf poe whiner :D I think they're having a nervous breakdown after the new update not nerfing poe much.

The best way to deal with that team @Qeltar posted is quite easy. PM me if you want to know it, I mean I'm sure you already know it, it's something that's really obvious and should be common sense.

Thanks. I face 3-5 teams like that a day in GW and I clear it.
  • All I can say is after switching to the Team that Khorvog_Karbossa called out I won my first War since I was able to do the war. Thanks a ton. I've been beating my head on the wall trying to figure out the best group and this one by far wins.
  • You might just be lucky.. and old Ben will kill your enthusiasm quite early... I had some easy runs my self these days
    Follow on twitter, Subscribe to my channel , 10$ free giveaway here
    jz7vU1O.png

Did u use a suicide squad to get rid of poes taunt, rey's special, qgj's special and geo's special?
    If you did that, it would be much easier, but still somewhat hard
  • 2 healers mandatory.. use useless chars first to get all the aoe from the enemy on them
    Follow on twitter, Subscribe to my channel , 10$ free giveaway here
  • Well while I enjoyed the read I am level 49 have my main group all maxed level and gear level VI three at 4* and 2 at 3*. It still not really possible to win when you are facing a team of all 64's two at 4* and one at 5* 6* and 7*'s. And all but one is gear VII and the last one is VI. if I wasn't so new to the forum I would post a picture of it
  • Hello there,

I am quite a new player and so is my server. I'm level 51 and have yet to see someone higher than level 63 on this server.

Until a couple of days, I used to clear GW every day. But since I hit level 50 and managed to gear my JC in purple gear, this game mode became a true nightmare !
    The difficulty raised so much that I'm not able to reach the 9th node anymore... I think that the game considers me now as a "grown player" since I hit level 50 and match me up against higher opponents. But since my server is quite new, I guess there aren't that much players in this level area. Therefore, I end up facing team with 10+ levels at only the 7th node...

I am literally facing a wall. Or at least, My current skill level doesn't allow me to pass it.

Here is a screen of my team :

screen10.jpg

And a screen of the teams I have to face at the 8th node only. (7th node team was full of lvl 58 purple gear...)

screen11.jpg

I'm sure that there are much better players than me on this forum so I'm asking you: do you think it's actually possible to beat this kind of opponent with my current setup ? Or is it purely a bad matchmaking coming from EA ?
    That would be stupid to have to rely on luck in order to beat these GW....
  • Pikasiet wrote: »
    Hello there,

I am quite a new player and so is my server. I'm level 51 and have yet to see someone higher than level 63 on this server.

Until a couple of days, I used to clear GW every day. But since I hit level 50 and managed to gear my JC in purple gear, this game mode became a true nightmare !
    The difficulty raised so much that I'm not able to reach the 9th node anymore... I think that the game considers me now as a "grown player" since I hit level 50 and match me up against higher opponents. But since my server is quite new, I guess there aren't that much players in this level area. Therefore, I end up facing team with 10+ levels at only the 7th node...

I am literally facing a wall. Or at least, My current skill level doesn't allow me to pass it.

Here is a screen of my team :

screen10.jpg

And a screen of the teams I have to face at the 8th node only. (7th node team was full of lvl 58 purple gear...)

screen11.jpg

I'm sure that there are much better players than me on this forum so I'm asking you: do you think it's actually possible to beat this kind of opponent with my current setup ? Or is it purely a bad matchmaking coming from EA ?
    That would be stupid to have to rely on luck in order to beat these GW....

@Pikasiet tbh I didn't start beating GW until I hit the lvl cap. Because I had the same problem as you, where enemies were much stronger than my core team. So, just don't worry about downing GW because no one else on your server can either. But, your best bet would be 2 healers, 2 bulky dps, and a glass Cannon
    In your team I see Luminara, Consular healer, bulky dps Sidious, glass Cannon GS, and then use either Darth Maul or Resistance trooper. The best leader ability would be Luminara, but make sidious leader when you need extra dps to down the enemy glass cannons