Strongest team I had to face

BulYwif
1977 posts Member
Impossible to beat such a team in GW12.
GK(L), Chirrut, Baze, Kylo, Bariss (no zeta).
Even with Bariss no zeta, the healing is insane. With 3 teams, I could only get rid of GK.

So, no heal or buff immunity remaining, and even with it, the double cleanse give me no chance.

Replies

• Dooku_for_days
    2907 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    There's no doubting that it's a good team, but definitely beatable. I have a couple of those teams, except with Zarris, on my shard. There are also a couple with nihilus instead of kylo. I use Rex lead, dn (3*), baze (4*), boba and gk (5*). I can hold them off until 1-2 minutes or so have passed, where I'm able to kill chirrut from full health with boba (after loading him with buffs and debuffs) and then annihilate barris or kylo. From there it's an easy win with all 5 standing.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    There's no doubting that it's a good team, but definitely beatable. I have a couple of those teams, except with Zarris, on my shard. There are also a couple with nihilus instead of kylo. I use Rex lead, dn (3*), baze (4*), boba and gk (5*). I can hold them off until 1-2 minutes or so have passed, where I'm able to kill chirrut from full health with boba (after loading him with buffs and debuffs) and then annihilate barris or kylo. From there it's an easy win with all 5 standing.

Yeah, right. Boba BH resolve can bypass taunt. Without him, I think it is almost an impossible mission.
  • KyloRey
    871 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    If you have zVader, you can go Vader, Shoretrooper, TFP, B2 and Boba.

TFP and Boba can ability block and TFP, B2 and Vader can spam debuffs, which makes TFP attack a lot! Chirrut will turn Vader's DOTs to HOTs and then Boba can execute.

B2 basically wipes out GK's and Baze's taunt periodically and B2 and TFP's AoEs also give Buff Immunity. I'd kill GK first, then Kylo, then Baze.
  • BulYwif wrote: »

Yeah, right. Boba BH resolve can bypass taunt. Without him, I think it is almost an impossible mission.

Use Sith Debufs. Team is tough and the most difficult I have had to face as well, but definitely not impossible especially with a second good team to wrap up. You might just lack the right toons to make it happen, which isn't me bashing you, just saying there are certain teams that need a niche team to counter. You might have to take a lose on this one, pray to the RNG gods you don't get it again, and widen your roster for the future.
  • I have that team every time on gw node 12 now... Sigh
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    I see similar squads all the time in GW. My Resistance squad dismantles them quite nicely.
  • I've faced one similar: GK, Fives, Zariss, Baze and Chirrut. Only killed GK, the others made my zeta maul team and my rebel team become a joke :D
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    Faced a very similar team before I had zeta Maul. Was able to beat it with an EP lead and banking TM on him, and Maul (Just have him kill the last person in an easy node to get him at 100% TM), and Vader, and Boba, and TFP. Maul AOE dazes to stop counters and TM gain by Zarriss. Use EP to shock GK, Boba for his AOE ability block (Use the two turn ability block on Chirrut), Vader supplies DoTs so you can deal damage without having to go through Zarriss's healing plus he can ability block GK through foresight. TFP for damage and buff immunity so Baze doesn't come back and taunt/GK doesn't taunt too much. The team is fairly easy if you bank TM on your control characters that can stun or ability block.

Nowadays I would run Zaul, Nihilus, Vader, Sid, EP against that team. Same idea except Nihilus takes Boba's place and increases cooldowns, Sid for healing immunity and expose and DoTs, Vader for DoTs + Speed down + ability block. Plus culling blade coming out of stealth will always crit which is nice. EP for control with stuns and shock to stop healing and taunts. Maul for AOE daze to stop counters and TM gain right off the bat.
  • Meh, B2 would make short work of that team
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Meh, B2 would make short work of that team

Just coming in to post B2. B2 + Palp - buff block and shock.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Aoe vader Aoe sidious , let chirut clense > execute more buffs more dmg, keep at it untill you kill 1 of them - just restart

then 4v5 might be easy to kill 1 more
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    I have B2, just need to level it up and gear also. I think I la work for him
  • BulYwif wrote: »
    Even with Bariss no zeta, the healing is insane. With 3 teams, I could only get rid of GK.

Sorry but you have noob teams. If Boris has no zeta, this is not very hard to beat. Kylo is not a threat and neither is a non-zeta Boris. Stun and abi block and that's it.

• BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    vessaharja wrote: »
    BulYwif wrote: »

Sorry but you have noob teams. If Boris has no zeta, this is not very hard to beat. Kylo is not a threat and neither is a non-zeta Boris. Stun and abi block and that's it.

Just easy to say, but it was GG12 and I already lost Palpatine, TFP, Boba and DT. This time was a hard GW. And this team is pretty good even if I meet such a team in arena, I don't know if I could beat it with my current roster.
  • vessaharja wrote: »

Even with maxed teams, this is not a cakewalk team to face. Kylo can definitely be a threat since the rework on him. Sure there are easy ways to take him down with certain toons but the enemy team the OP outlined could definitely be considered meta. any team with GK and Chaze is a threat.
  • vessaharja wrote: »

Even with maxed teams, this is not a cakewalk team to face. Kylo can definitely be a threat since the rework on him. Sure there are easy ways to take him down with certain toons but the enemy team the OP outlined could definitely be considered meta. any team with GK and Chaze is a threat.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Pro tip: Autobattle some of it.

It's unclear if there are separate Autobattle/manual seeds or if pressing the auto button uses up a seed datapoint, but the net result is the same: If you do something manually and fail, autoing it sometimes work.

In other words, just to be clear, if your first action is to use TFP's AoE and hope for Buff Immunity to land on a specific character and it doesn't, retreat, reload, auto TFP's action and the immunity may land on them this time. This can save you from fluke losses, such as when a finishing blow is dodged, or the AI focuses 10 attacks in a row against the same character (how DARE they--who does the AI think it is, ME?). Anyway, hope it helps.

(It's also worth pointing out that this doesn't necessarily mean the auto seed is better. But if you only access it when things go wrong, the odds of an unlikely bad thing happening in both instances are pretty low, so it SEEMS better by alternative.)
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Rey enough said. PS it was awhile ago.
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    You can try DH(l) sith team. As soon as DH's one shot ability ready, kill bariss. Even if you fail, next team will kill it very easy...