Pledge not to spend until gw is fixed

Prev1
Please join me in a pledge to ea/cg not to spend another penny on this game until gw becomes more fairly balanced. Please comment with your game i.d. so that the devs can see how much money they are losing.

772-982-322

Replies

• Randall
    1001 posts Member
    What is the problem with GW?
  • It's unbelievably unbalanced since their last update. They took away the retreat function as it used to be (which sucks but can be overcome) but now you're facing impossible to beat teams earlier and earlier. Now if you don't have a maxed out b AND c squad you can't make it to the end, much less finish.

There are tons of threads on it.
  • I'm running a full Jedi team with Barris lead to get used to the synergies before the new Event and have had the easiest runs since I can remember. I complete it every day but since I changed up its been completely braindead (even against Sidious (who actually isn't that good imo(I'm gonna get some flack for that one :P))).
  • I'm all for rewarding a game I like with my money,as I am withholding it until major issues get addressed.

But you're making this topic for the retreat button??

There are major concerns, like cheaters not being able to be identified and punished.
  • Oobydoob wrote: »
    I'm running a full Jedi team with Barris lead to get used to the synergies before the new Event and have had the easiest runs since I can remember. I complete it every day but since I changed up its been completely braindead (even against Sidious (who actually isn't that good imo(I'm gonna get some flack for that one :P))).

On my server it went from get to
    Deimos wrote: »
    I'm all for rewarding a game I like with my money,as I am withholding it until major issues get addressed.

But you're making this topic for the retreat button??

There are major concerns, like cheaters not being able to be identified and punished.

No, I said the loss of retreat is annoying. The main issue is how quickly you get to impossible opponents.
  • It's not broken. It's working as intended. You are NOT supposed to be able to make it through with just 5 characters. For now, it is the only challenge in the game.

This "pledge" sounds like a petition. Petitions are against the forum rules.
  • It does not seem broken.

• Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    It's not broken. It's working as intended. You are NOT supposed to be able to make it through with just 5 characters. For now, it is the only challenge in the game.
    I do. Dont use retreat. And my team is not that powerful, mind you. Have no 7* in it.
    The real problem with GW is not that it is hard. It is that it's unfair

• No, but you should stand a chance to get past level 6 or 7 with 12 characters over 60 and in purple gear
  • Baggodix wrote: »
    It's unbelievably unbalanced since their last update. They took away the retreat function as it used to be (which sucks but can be overcome) but now you're facing impossible to beat teams earlier and earlier. Now if you don't have a maxed out b AND c squad you can't make it to the end, much less finish.

There are tons of threads on it.

i can complete it without much trouble with only around 7-8 players. (lvl60,enemies i face are around 65) you just have to keep retreating and changing up your strategies. Outsmart the ai and it's not that hard imo
  • Triqui wrote: »
    It's not broken. It's working as intended. You are NOT supposed to be able to make it through with just 5 characters. For now, it is the only challenge in the game.
    I do. Dont use retreat. And my team is not that powerful, mind you. Have no 7* in it.

I didn't say you couldnt...I said you are not supposed to. GW is meant to require a large roster.

Also I find it very hard to believe you don't substitute any characters and never retreat.
  • Yeah, the whole getting constant lvl 68-70 7 star purple geared teams after node 6 or 7 gets a little old but hey once we all get level 70 it won't really matter anymore right?
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Triqui wrote: »

I didn't say you couldnt...I said you are not supposed to. GW is meant to require a large roster.

Also I find it very hard to believe you don't substitute any characters and never retreat.

You find it hard to believe, because you expect my GW to be as hard as yours. It is not, hence why I say it is unfair. We dont know why some people face teams of 5x 7* and other people cake wslk through it

Today I retreated twice, did it all with HK47, IG88, IG86,Geo Soldier and Luminaria, all of them 6*. IG88 died in the last battle. I'm 69, was 68 when I did it. Faced only two team with chars above lvl 60, and they were lvl 62-63. Only fsced 3 guys with 6*, and none with 7*. I did it with 5 guys, but not because I'm dome kind of genius. You would had done it with 5 guys too if you have faced them.

GW isnt hard. Just unfair. And will always be until we know how matchmaking works.
  • Triqui wrote: »
    Triqui wrote: »

You find it hard to believe, because you expect my GW to be as hard as yours. It is not, hence why I say it is unfair. We dont know why some people face teams of 5x 7* and other people cake wslk through it

Today I retreated twice, did it all with HK47, IG88, IG86,Geo Soldier and Luminaria, all of them 6*. IG88 died in the last battle. I'm 69, was 68 when I did it. Faced only two team with chars above lvl 60, and they were lvl 62-63. Only fsced 3 guys with 6*, and none with 7*. I did it with 5 guys, but not because I'm dome kind of genius. You would had done it with 5 guys too if you have faced them.

GW isnt hard. Just unfair. And will always be until we know how matchmaking works.

Exactly my point! Thank you. That was far better said than my original post.
  • I can't remember the last time I did not beat GW. I use about 7 characters in a run, but don't have any problem clearing it. Once you level up enough characters to use in it, it is not hard.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Baggodix wrote: »
    Please join me in a pledge to ea/cg not to spend another penny on this game until gw becomes more fairly balanced. Please comment with your game i.d. so that the devs can see how much money they are losing.

772-982-322

This is pointless. GW is fixed lol if your having issues its because your not ready for GW. Thats the intention. The devs said GW is meant to be endgame content and meant to be difficult. Is meant to be too difficult for ppl who dont have the roster to complete it yet.

That said, since GW is fixed and working as intended, its safe to go back to soending whatever you were before.

Glad i was able to solve you problem with GW and explain how it works properly.
  • Would it really help your psychology to know "how" matchmaking works? Here you go, it's random. Just like everything else in this game.

You only had to retreat twice and are complaining? I had to retreat at least 20x on my 4-6 nodes last night, thought for sure that it was going to be a failure. Then I started getting better matchups for my top end team. Pretty much everyday starting at node 4 I get lvl 70 7* for every battle....

And I love it. I love the challenge. I wish they would make it even harder.
  • GW isn't for people focused only at Arena
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Would it really help your psychology to know "how" matchmaking works? Here you go, it's random. Just like everything else in this game.
    It is not pure randomness. Devs have said that arena rank, the poder of your 5 best guys, and tour ser ver, at the very minimum, influence the roll. Knowing how will help people to decide how to play. For example, I dont face anyone with 7*. Ever. I dont own any 7* myself, but I have several 6*. Is that related? We dont know. If it is, maybe I wont 7* anyone get, and focus in other chars. If it isnt, I will 7* them soon.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    You only had to retreat twice and are complaining? I had to retreat at least 20x on my 4-6 nodes last night, thought for sure that it was going to be a failure. Then I started getting better matchups for my top end team. Pretty much everyday starting at node 4 I get lvl 70 7* for every battle....
    not sure if that's directed to me. I'm not complaining. I reap my 1200 tokens daily in like 20minutes. It's the easiest part of the gane for me. I feel pity for those who face teams 7 levels above them with 5 7* chars, and have to cheat the soon to be nerfed RNG seed for an hour straight in order to win. I dont complain about it, as it is incredibly easy for me, fortunately.

I just point out that it is unfair.
  • Would it really help your psychology to know "how" matchmaking works? Here you go, it's random. Just like everything else in this game.

I wish it were random... ive tracked the amount of times ive gone agaisnt sid. Over 6 days 69/72 nodes had sid. Hes not hard to kill but when he gets a heal debuff off (sometimes 3 thanks to a phasma lead) it becomes incredibly annoying to deal with, in so many back to back fights.

• Galactic War, it's literally in the name. You are meant to use your entire roster strategically. It starts off easy but if you invest resources to improve arena and do not develop the rest of your roster it will get difficult really quickly. GW is not broken, it is meaningless to say that it's unfair. It can either be working as intended or it isn't but devs have assured us it is working as intended.

You need to create more teams when you hit 60 and start purple gearing and 6+ starring your guys, because you will need your A team to take out the last nodes and best case scenario you will lose at least 1 toon per battle. You need to at the very least unlock more characters so you can use them as cannon fodder against the all purple gear opponents.
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    MikeTython wrote: »
    Yeah, the whole getting constant lvl 68-70 7 star purple geared teams after node 6 or 7 gets a little old but hey once we all get level 70 it won't really matter anymore right?

6th or 7th I can live with, I got a maxed 67 on the second node I'm only 61

• Works just fine to me. Its challanging and frustrating at times but thats the nature of games. In fact I'm going to purchase a crystal package to show my appreciation to the devs and to offset the non spending protesters.
    Look, good against pvp is one thing, good against the living, that’s something else.
  • Vos
    46 posts Member
    GW is not broken...you need a decent roster aND a bit if strategy....use fodder teams and for every quit and rearrange your roster if a battle is too hard....I'm on like 30 straight wins with all farmed teams
  • My biggest problem is constant 3 healers daka teams. Other than that I'm OK.
  • I was able to beat GW for weeks on end until I got to my first 7*. I actually spread out my roster to be overall balanced. Then I gained a few levels since then and I have made it up to node 9-11. All my characters would be spent. Great challenge and not a consistent win anymore.
  • Baggodix wrote: »

772-982-322

Wait, you pay to play this game, and still can't beat GW??
  • bbmiLo wrote: »
    Baggodix wrote: »

772-982-322

Wait, you pay to play this game, and still can't beat GW??

Wow, that was very helpful. You must have a LOT of friends.
    And for the record I've spent $30. Not a huge spend. And never gotten anything that wasn't farmable. But with 12 characters over 60 in purple gear most 4-6 stars I ought to have a chance to win more than once a month or so.
This discussion has been closed.