Zader v Grievous

Anyone use Zader versus Grievous during the tank raid and just end up having Grievous attack the entire time? Each time I try to use Zader against Grievous my team will get one or two hits, then it's game over. Grievous just goes on a free for all.
https://swgoh.gg/u/totenteufel/
“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” George R R Martin

Replies

• Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    P1 is worst phase for zadar
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    After 7 times taking damage GG gets full turn meter. Damage over time effects count towards that. Once you get 7 DoTs on heroic GG (ten in normal I believe), he gets stuck in an infinite loop. Simply put, don't ever use Zader lead in any way at all against P1 of the tank.
  • Tannjam
    420 posts Member
    edited March 2017
  • JacenRoe wrote: »
    After 7 times taking damage GG gets full turn meter. Damage over time effects count towards that. Once you get 7 DoTs on heroic GG (ten in normal I believe), he gets stuck in an infinite loop. Simply put, don't ever use Zader lead in any way at all against P1 of the tank.

I'm noticing that, any tm reduction on Grievous is a bad idea. I do think EA needs to fix the no Zader lead though. Basically you're regulating one of the more powerful leads to a back up role.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/totenteufel/
    “When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” George R R Martin
  • Eclipso
    199 posts Member
    JacenRoe wrote: »

I'm noticing that, any tm reduction on Grievous is a bad idea. I do think EA needs to fix the no Zader lead though. Basically you're regulating one of the more powerful leads to a back up role.

I disagree, not every team composition needs to be viable in every phase. Its fine how it is in my opinion.
  • Just save him for a phase he's good in.
    Ooba hutar.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    JacenRoe wrote: »

His lead can solo the entire heroic Rancor, it's great in arena (although Maul has eclipsed him), and there are multiple phases of the heroic tank he does well at. Everyone isn't supposed to be perfect at everything. Use him on P2 or P3, and get someone different for P1.
  • JacenRoe wrote: »

The AAT is great for that very reason. We finally have a raid that requires lots of different teams. All the different effective strategies make the raid ineresting. It seems like every week there's a new team on a different phase scoring millions. Makes it more fun than everyone needing one specific team in order to be competitive.
  • I think it's funny that "on taking any damage" effects always ignore DOT damage, EXCEPT for a single raid phase.