zMaul advice

Drax_77
1076 posts Member
edited March 2017
I just got a zeta on maul today and have jumped from 47 to 15 in arena. I've been running all sith...

Maul (l)
Vader
Palp
Nihilus
Savage

I'm wondering if on defense over night if I'd be better off replacing Vader or savage with shoretrooper? I don't have very good mods yet but I do have the 1 gear piece that I can take shire to g10. Any advice is highly appreciated!

https://swgoh.gg/u/drax77/

Replies

• E00N
    147 posts Member
    Shoretrooper isnt good in the zaul team .

I recommend you replace Vader/Savage with Sith assasin - u will start allways first with with all toons, because dark shroud skill of Assasin.
  • Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    E00N wrote: »
    Shoretrooper isnt good in the zaul team .

I recommend you replace Vader/Savage with Sith assasin - u will start allways first with with all toons, because dark shroud skill of Assasin.

I had considered giving the droid caller to assassin but didn't think she'd do very good at g8, I'm a couple of pieces away from g9 on her.
  • E00N
    147 posts Member
    She isnt about dmg on 1st place - she garants to you go first alltime with all siths!

Take her speed x1,25 = start speed of your team. U need on she speed mods for 190+ speed thats all.
  • I spent a week rushing my SA to become arena viable to get her ready for the Zaul team that I started using today. Very, very useful. I tried using shoretrooper and it was a disaster in a Zaul team.
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    Do you have Zeta Savage? If yes never replace him ever. If no he's still more useful under Zaul than Vader imo but Assassin is surely a better choice to replace anyone than shore would be
  • KeKattia wrote: »
    Do you have Zeta Savage? If yes never replace him ever. If no he's still more useful under Zaul than Vader imo but Assassin is surely a better choice to replace anyone than shore would be

Yeah I'm a long way away from Savage. My list of heavy DS hitters are Zaul, Dooku (all gear XI), DN, EP (all X but I'm about to level them up to XI once I hit 85 in a few days since I have the gear), Shore, TFP (X both also about to go XI), Kylo (IX) with SA about to go IX and a weak 6* Sid that I'm casually growing. Right now my SA is my placeholder until Savage ... but dunno how long that's gonna take lol
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    Shore trooper gives crit immunity which you don't want in a zaul squad. Savage is a beast when zeta; not sure how good he does without but he is like a semi support in sith squads now. Your team looks good right now. I would work on sid and dooku to add to your team in the future.
  • Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    This was my first zeta, either savage or kylo will be next. I took Vader out and swapped some mods around and got assassin to 209 speed. Only got one chance to play as I'm out of arena battles now but the wiggs teams are much easier now lol. My last battle took me back to 15th so now it's a waiting game to see how far I drop.
  • Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    Jetlife wrote: »
    Shore trooper gives crit immunity which you don't want in a zaul squad. Savage is a beast when zeta; not sure how good he does without but he is like a semi support in sith squads now. Your team looks good right now. I would work on sid and dooku to add to your team in the future.

Yeah I know the crit immunity is no good I just wasn't sure of it would hold better on defense.

I have 7* sid but he's only g8 atm. Idk I think I'm just going to have to play around for a few days to see what works best with what I have. Even without zeta I really like savage between his durability and taking those debuffs off of more important members I feel like he is a must.
  • E00N
    147 posts Member
    Trust me, better pick than SA u cannot make.

She is "must have" toon in Zaul team. G8 is good with speed secondary mods. U need 195+ speed for start.
  • Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    E00N wrote: »
    Trust me, better pick than SA u cannot make.

She is "must have" toon in Zaul team. G8 is good with speed secondary mods. U need 195+ speed for start.

I have her in the squad atm, dropped Vader and moved some mods, sa is at 209.
  • I have SA at 216 atm. Should be at gear IX and X soon. I just need to get these droid callers done and the rest should be fairly easy
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    As I see it, all you guys are on a good way.

Me and a number of guild mates have done a fair amount of testing with various sith squads both on offense and on defense. Our assessment is that best setups with Zaul always include Zavage and Assassin and Nihilus is almost necessary for the good teams as well. As 5th member we think there are 3 toons that work great, either Sith Trooper, he is a pain to gear but for players like me, who prefer more control in the match he is the top choice. Another great option is Zidious, but he requires a Zeta to be most effective, and unless facing a Rex lead he should be faster than Assassin to get the most out of it, Zid is for aggressive players, who like to hurt the opponent out of the gate. A solid choice in the middle is EP, he is sometimes a bit of a wild card because of stun RNG but can really excel until you are getting ready with the others and can still be plugged in situationally.

TL;DR: best Zaul teams have 3 other core members (Zavage, Assassin & Nihilus) and include a solid 5th spot depending on roster and play style.
    Yeah I'm a long way away from Savage. My list of heavy DS hitters are Zaul, Dooku (all gear XI), DN, EP (all X but I'm about to level them up to XI once I hit 85 in a few days since I have the gear), Shore, TFP (X both also about to go XI), Kylo (IX) with SA about to go IX and a weak 6* Sid that I'm casually growing. Right now my SA is my placeholder until Savage ... but dunno how long that's gonna take lol

Trust me once Savage is at g9 it's rather easy to get him up, just today on my alt I got him from g8 5/6 to g9 5/6 without farming any gear, and trust me my alt does not have big reserves of gear.
  • 0 SA In my top 50 a lot of savage though
  • Beck
    5 posts Member
    Is 4*DN + 3*SA max gear viable when playing together under Zaul lead ? or would be a target ?
  • Keldo
    364 posts Member
    Beck wrote: »
    Is 4*DN + 3*SA max gear viable when playing together under Zaul lead ? or would be a target ?

I'd say it's perfectly viable. Star levels are only really of matter right now if you want them for raids.
  • AirJedi22
    2 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    KeKattia wrote: »

TL;DR: best Zaul teams have 3 other core members (Zavage, Assassin & Nihilus) and include a solid 5th spot depending on roster and play style.

Would B2 for trooper work to combat all of the Chaze squads? I'm usually top 5-10 and maybe 6 of those teams have Chaze and I struggle to get 1 because of them. I have Trooper and am working on B2 to hopefully get rid of these guys.

• Ole_Man_Bourbon
    343 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    B2 is critical against chaze/barriss/kenobi. Just remember not to use his aoe special too early...
  • KeKattia wrote: »

Trust me once Savage is at g9 it's rather easy to get him up, just today on my alt I got him from g8 5/6 to g9 5/6 without farming any gear, and trust me my alt does not have big reserves of gear.

You are right about Zavage, he definitely is a key component. Right now I have a fast SA, Dooku and EP along with an ok speed Nihilus on my Zaul squad. I can handily beat nearly everyone in my shard but vs fast rebel teams there is definitely a need to get Savage in place of Dooku for me. I haven't event unlocked him yet (soon) so it will still be a slog even if gearing is easy. Hopefully I can get it done soon.

Side note, SA at 7*/gear X is pretty fun to use even if she might be squishy

• KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    AirJedi22 wrote: »
    Would B2 for trooper work to combat all of the Chaze squads? I'm usually top 5-10 and maybe 6 of those teams have Chaze and I struggle to get 1 because of them. I have Trooper and am working on B2 to hopefully get rid of these guys.

I haven't tried b2 since the first week I Zauled back in December, with Nihilus I can still get rid of Baze or GK taunt and otherwise I just let the buffs flow... my Assassin is 6* g11 with Crit Damage mods.. thanks to Nihilus unique Zeta she one-shoots pretty much any toon I want on her second electrocute, in case that wouldn't be enough I'd still have Trooper or Savage to drop those toons with full protection still.

SO the way I play it there is absolutely no need to worry about the buffs, I just leave them, they help Nihilus with Force drain cooldown anyway